|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of clothing is Darlene wearing when she comes to pick up Bill, Ed, and Sam in chapter 9?
(a) A floral print dress.
(b) A suit.
(c) A pleated skirt and blouse.
(d) A pair of jeans and a shirt.
2. What is the name of the retirement resort Ed mentions in chapter 9?
(a) Skyway Breeze.
(b) Warm Days Living.
(c) Sunset Living.
(d) Sunny Palm Retirement.
3. What type of pills does Bill often take throughout the story?
(a) Pain pills.
(b) Caffine pills.
(c) Mood balancing pills.
(d) Sleeping pills.
4. What is the date of Ronny's mother's death?
(a) November 22nd.
(b) January 1st.
(c) July 8th.
(d) May 15th.
5. What is the name of the tavern Bill, Ed, and Sam go to in chapter 9?
(a) River's Bend Tavern.
(b) Jasper's Tavern.
(c) Oak Tree Tavern.
(d) Red Brick Tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What level of sophistication is Bill supposed to write for?
2. What type of sandwich does Sam like to cook in his toaster oven?
3. Who was Bill's mother?
4. Gretchen is the name of who?
5. What is wrong with the factories in town now?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the final few hours of Bill's father's life.
2. Why is Sam always in a state of panic over the paper?
3. List some of the animals Bill used to visit at the zoo as a child.
4. Why does Bill say that "the written word is dead?"
5. Who is Gretchen? Describe her.
6. What did Ronny Lawton do for his mother when his father refused to take her to the doctor?
7. Why does Sam get angry at Bill over his Rocky commentary piece he presents him with?
8. How does Ronny react when Bill shows up and plays music at his work?
9. Describe one of the ways Bill's grandfather used to make money off of ice.
10. What are some of the questions Ronny is asked during his lie detector test?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)