|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam Perkins want Bill to do in the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) Write an obituary.
(b) Forget the bake off story.
(c) Make him a sandwich.
(d) Change all of the office lightbulbs.
2. What time does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife go into work at?
(a) Six in the evening.
(c) Ten in the morning.
(d) Four in the afternoon.
3. How does Ronny Lawton feel about his brother?
4. What is the name of Ronny Lawton's child?
5. How does Bill feel when he sees Darlene cuddling Gretchen like an infant?
(a) He feels angry.
(b) He feels bored.
(c) He feels disgusted.
(d) He feels sympathetic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Ronny Lawton's mother?
2. Why does Ronny Lawton have scars on his pecs?
3. What body part do they find at Ronny Lawton's house?
4. What is Ed Hoskin doing at the beginning of chapter 2?
5. Why does Bill retreat into his basement to study in chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. List some of the physical traits the waitresses at Denny's have.
2. Describe Ronny Lawton's estranged wife.
3. Describe what Bill's town was like before all of the factories shut down.
4. How does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife know Darlene?
5. List three of the four big newspapers that pick up the Ronny Lawton story.
6. List some of the features offered at the Florida retirement community Sam contemplates in chapter 9.
7. Why is Sam always in a state of panic over the paper?
8. What did Ronny Lawton do for his mother when his father refused to take her to the doctor?
9. List the reasons why Ronny Lawton does not want to lose what he has in life at this moment.
10. How does Pete react when Bill presents him with the possible murder weapon? Why?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)