|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job title does Ronny Lawton have?
(a) He's a waiter.
(b) He's a store manager.
(c) He's a short order cook.
(d) He's a bus boy.
2. How long is Paul?
(a) Over 6 inches long.
(b) Over eight feet long.
(c) Over 4 feet long.
(d) Over 2 feet long.
3. What tool does Bill find at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
(a) A hoe.
(b) A hand shovel.
(c) A hose.
(d) A pair of Shears.
4. Does Ronny Lawton tell Bill where his father's body is at the end of chapter 8?
(b) He hints at the location.
(c) He ignores the question.
5. What is the name of Ronny Lawton's child?
Short Answer Questions
1. During what year of college does Bill receive psychiatric help?
2. What does Bill call Pete in chapter 5 after the incident with the teenagers?
3. On what street is the police station located?
4. What type of program do they have for the elderly at the retirement home Sam is contemplating in chapter 9?
5. Who is having a bake off at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bill so cynical about doing articles about things like bake offs?
2. Describe Bill's mother.
3. How does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife know Darlene?
4. Who is Gretchen? Describe her.
5. How does Pete react when Bill presents him with the possible murder weapon? Why?
6. How does Ronny Lawton feel about the Vietnam War and Charlie? Explain.
7. List three of the four big newspapers that pick up the Ronny Lawton story.
8. How did Bill feel about finding the possible murder weapon in Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's yard? What does he do with it?
9. What did Ronny Lawton do for his mother when his father refused to take her to the doctor?
10. How does Ronny react when Bill shows up and plays music at his work?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)