|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Bill regret his inheritance?
(c) He is indifferent.
2. Where does Bill go to study in chapter 5?
(a) Village Inn.
3. How does Ronny Lawton act when Bill confronts him about how he treated his mother?
4. Who is Diane?
(a) Bill's girlfriend.
(b) Bill's Cousin.
(c) Bill's sister.
(d) Bill's Mother.
5. Gretchen is the name of who?
(a) Ed's dog.
(b) Ed's fish.
(c) Ed's daughter.
(d) Ed's cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ed get upset with Bill at the beginning of chapter 9?
2. What job title does Ronny Lawton have?
3. What is the name of Ronny Lawton's estranged wife?
4. How many years have passed since the death of Bill's father?
5. Who is Linda Carter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the questions Ronny's estranged wife asks Bill when she calls him in chapter 10?
2. Describe how Bill reacted right after his fathers death.
3. Describe what Ronny Lawton's bedroom looks like.
4. Why does Bill say that "the written word is dead?"
5. Why does the town collectively feel that Ronny Lawton killed his father for sure?
6. How does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife know Darlene?
7. Who is Gretchen? Describe her.
8. Why is Sam always in a state of panic over the paper?
9. List some of the physical traits the waitresses at Denny's have.
10. List some of the signs that give evidence to Ed and his illness.
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)