|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam Perkins want Bill to do in the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) Write an obituary.
(b) Change all of the office lightbulbs.
(c) Forget the bake off story.
(d) Make him a sandwich.
2. During what year of college does Bill receive psychiatric help?
3. How long is Paul?
(a) Over 4 feet long.
(b) Over 2 feet long.
(c) Over 6 inches long.
(d) Over eight feet long.
4. Which important test did Bill fail when he took it?
5. Who is Bill?
(a) A photographer at the local paper.
(b) A fast food manager.
(c) A writer for the local paper.
(d) A janitor at the highschool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job title does Ronny Lawton have?
2. What does Bill do with the tool he finds at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
3. Why does Ed get upset with Bill at the beginning of chapter 9?
4. What color is the police tape they use in front of Ronny Lawton's house?
5. Who does Bill call when he gets back from the bar in chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pete react when Bill presents him with the possible murder weapon? Why?
2. Describe the insane scene at Denny's with the teenagers and Ronny.
3. List four of Bill's "tools of the trade" he has on his desk.
4. List some of the features offered at the Florida retirement community Sam contemplates in chapter 9.
5. Describe Bill's mother.
6. List some of the physical traits the waitresses at Denny's have.
7. List some of the signs that give evidence to Ed and his illness.
8. Who does Darlene consider to be her "children" since she has none of her own?
9. What are some of the questions Ronny's estranged wife asks Bill when she calls him in chapter 10?
10. List the reasons Ed gives for his irritation with Bill over Darlene in chapter 10.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)