|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife work?
2. Why does Bill retreat into his basement to study in chapter 8?
(a) No reason is given.
(b) The upstairs part of the house is too hot.
(c) The upstairs part of the house is under construction.
(d) The upstairs part of the house smells bad.
3. Who was Bill's mother?
(a) A woman who lives in a retirement home.
(b) A woman who committed suicide.
(c) A woman who died in childbirth.
(d) A woman who left her family.
4. Why does Ronny Lawton have scars on his pecs?
(a) From taking steroids.
(b) From malnutrition as a child.
(c) From too much weight lifting.
(d) From a childhood accident.
5. What word does Ronny have spelled out on the knuckles of his right hand?
Short Answer Questions
1. What attitude do the customer's at Ronny Lawton's work have toward him?
2. What is the name of the tavern Bill, Ed, and Sam go to in chapter 9?
3. What type of sandwich does Sam like to cook in his toaster oven?
4. How long is Paul?
5. Why does Ed get upset with Bill at the beginning of chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ronny Lawton do for his mother when his father refused to take her to the doctor?
2. Why is Bill so cynical about doing articles about things like bake offs?
3. Why is Bill always leaving messages on his girlfriend's machine?
4. Why does Bill say that "the written word is dead?"
5. List some of the animals Bill used to visit at the zoo as a child.
6. List the reasons Ed gives for his irritation with Bill over Darlene in chapter 10.
7. List the reasons why Ronny Lawton does not want to lose what he has in life at this moment.
8. Describe the process Ronny Lawton went through to report his father missing.
9. What are some of the questions Ronny is asked during his lie detector test?
10. Why does Sam get angry at Bill over his Rocky commentary piece he presents him with?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)