|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which state does Sam want to retire to?
2. Why does Bill retreat into his basement to study in chapter 8?
(a) The upstairs part of the house is too hot.
(b) The upstairs part of the house is under construction.
(c) The upstairs part of the house smells bad.
(d) No reason is given.
3. With which of these companies does the town previously have a contract?
4. Who is Diane?
(a) Bill's girlfriend.
(b) Bill's Mother.
(c) Bill's Cousin.
(d) Bill's sister.
5. What tool does Bill find at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
(a) A hose.
(b) A hand shovel.
(c) A pair of Shears.
(d) A hoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Ronny Lawton file the missing person's report on his father?
2. What level of sophistication is Bill supposed to write for?
3. How does Bill's father die?
4. How long is Paul?
5. How does Bill feel when he sees Darlene cuddling Gretchen like an infant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bill say about the mathematical law of mass? How does this pertain to Ronny Lawton's father?
2. How does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife know Darlene?
3. Describe how Bill reacted right after his fathers death.
4. List the reasons Ed gives for his irritation with Bill over Darlene in chapter 10.
5. What offer does Ronny Lawton make to Bill over and over about his estranged wife? What is Bill's response?
6. Describe what Ronny's estranged wife's boyfriend is like.
7. List some of the items Bill gets before heading over to Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place in chapter 11.
8. Describe Ronny Lawton's estranged wife.
9. How does Bill feel about his unfolding destiny by the end of the story?
10. Why is Bill so cynical about doing articles about things like bake offs?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)