|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ed want Bill to come over for dinner in chapter 5?
(a) A week from Tuesday.
(b) A week from Thursday.
(c) A week from Monday.
(d) A week from Sunday.
2. With which of these companies does the town previously have a contract?
3. What drug is found on the teenagers that get pulled over in chapter 5?
4. What does Bill call Pete in chapter 5 after the incident with the teenagers?
(a) A softy.
(b) A sadist.
(c) A masochist.
(d) A psycho.
5. How old is Bill's mother when she dies?
(c) Twenty eight.
(d) Twenty two.
Short Answer Questions
1. What frightening thing is found in the black box buried in Ronny Lawton's cellar?
2. What attitude do the customer's at Ronny Lawton's work have toward him?
3. To what does Bill's grandfather change his name when he moves to the plains?
4. Where does Ronny Lawton work?
5. What is the name of Ronny Lawton's estranged wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. List some of the animals Bill used to visit at the zoo as a child.
2. How did Bill feel about finding the possible murder weapon in Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's yard? What does he do with it?
3. List some of the features offered at the Florida retirement community Sam contemplates in chapter 9.
4. Describe the insane scene at Denny's with the teenagers and Ronny.
5. List some of the signs that give evidence to Ed and his illness.
6. Describe what "Car Theft" is by Darlene's definition.
7. Describe what Bill's town was like before all of the factories shut down.
8. What did Ronny Lawton do for his mother when his father refused to take her to the doctor?
9. Describe how Bill reacted right after his fathers death.
10. List three of the four big newspapers that pick up the Ronny Lawton story.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)