|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attitude do the customer's at Ronny Lawton's work have toward him?
(a) They treat him like a crimininal.
(b) They treat him like a celebrity.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They treat him with sympathy.
2. What is the date of Ronny's mother's death?
(a) July 8th.
(b) May 15th.
(c) January 1st.
(d) November 22nd.
3. Why does Bill retreat into his basement to study in chapter 8?
(a) The upstairs part of the house is too hot.
(b) The upstairs part of the house smells bad.
(c) The upstairs part of the house is under construction.
(d) No reason is given.
4. What is wrong with the factories in town now?
(a) They are pink.
(b) They are abandoned.
(c) They are polluted.
(d) They are new.
5. What type of alcohol do Bill, Ed, and Sam drink with their sandwiches in chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which music artist does Bill play for Ronny Lawton when he visits him at work?
2. Do Sam, Ed, and Darlene have a close relationship?
3. On what street is the police station located?
4. Who is Linda Carter?
5. How old is Bill's mother when she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what Bill's town was like before all of the factories shut down.
2. How does Pete react when Bill presents him with the possible murder weapon? Why?
3. What did Ronny Lawton do for his mother when his father refused to take her to the doctor?
4. List the reasons Ed gives for his irritation with Bill over Darlene in chapter 10.
5. Why does the town collectively feel that Ronny Lawton killed his father for sure?
6. Describe one of the ways Bill's grandfather used to make money off of ice.
7. Describe Ronny Lawton's estranged wife.
8. Describe the process Ronny Lawton went through to report his father missing.
9. List three of the four big newspapers that pick up the Ronny Lawton story.
10. Why does Sam get angry at Bill over his Rocky commentary piece he presents him with?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)