|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Ed want Bill to come over for dinner in chapter 5?
(a) A week from Tuesday.
(b) A week from Thursday.
(c) A week from Monday.
(d) A week from Sunday.
2. What frightening thing is found in the black box buried in Ronny Lawton's cellar?
(a) An infant body.
(b) A human head.
(c) A human hand.
(d) An infant skeleton.
3. What does Bill call Pete in chapter 5 after the incident with the teenagers?
(a) A psycho.
(b) A sadist.
(c) A masochist.
(d) A softy.
4. Bill's father was what in his youth?
(a) A womanizer.
(b) A gambler.
(c) A drunkard.
(d) A thief.
5. What job title does Ronny Lawton have?
(a) He's a store manager.
(b) He's a waiter.
(c) He's a short order cook.
(d) He's a bus boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill do with the tool he finds at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
2. What country is Bill's grandfather originally from?
3. What make of car does Bill own?
4. Which music artist does Bill play for Ronny Lawton when he visits him at work?
5. Who does Bill call when he gets back from the bar in chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the process Ronny Lawton went through to report his father missing.
2. How does Ronny Lawton feel about the Vietnam War and Charlie? Explain.
3. List some of the signs that give evidence to Ed and his illness.
4. Who is Gretchen? Describe her.
5. How does Ronny react when Bill shows up and plays music at his work?
6. What are some of the questions Ronny's estranged wife asks Bill when she calls him in chapter 10?
7. What are some of the questions Ronny is asked during his lie detector test?
8. How did Bill feel about finding the possible murder weapon in Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's yard? What does he do with it?
9. List some of the animals Bill used to visit at the zoo as a child.
10. Describe what Bill's town was like before all of the factories shut down.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)