|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sam Perkins want Bill to do in the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) Write an obituary.
(b) Make him a sandwich.
(c) Forget the bake off story.
(d) Change all of the office lightbulbs.
2. What tool does Bill find at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
(a) A hose.
(b) A hoe.
(c) A hand shovel.
(d) A pair of Shears.
3. What, according to the rumors, is going to happen to Paul when they take him to the zoo?
(a) The vets are going to breed him.
(b) The vets are going to x-ray him.
(c) The vets are going to cut him open.
(d) The vets are going to set him free.
4. In which war did Ronny Lawton's brother die in?
(a) Gulf War.
(b) Vietnam War.
(c) World War II.
(d) Korean War.
5. What does Gretchen do to try and comfort Darlene?
(a) Have a false pregnancy.
(b) Have a false stroke.
(c) Have a false limp.
(d) Have a false allergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of Ronny's mother's death?
2. What frightening thing is found in the black box buried in Ronny Lawton's cellar?
3. Who is Bill?
4. What have the attractions in town been replaced with?
5. What does Bill call Pete in chapter 5 after the incident with the teenagers?
Short Essay Questions
1. List some of the features offered at the Florida retirement community Sam contemplates in chapter 9.
2. How did Bill feel about finding the possible murder weapon in Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's yard? What does he do with it?
3. What did Ronny Lawton do for his mother when his father refused to take her to the doctor?
4. How does Ronny Lawton feel about the Vietnam War and Charlie? Explain.
5. Describe what Bill's town was like before all of the factories shut down.
6. Describe one of the ways Bill's grandfather used to make money off of ice.
7. Why does Sam get angry at Bill over his Rocky commentary piece he presents him with?
8. Describe what Ronny Lawton's bedroom looks like.
9. Describe the phenomenon that is Linda Carter.
10. Who does Darlene consider to be her "children" since she has none of her own?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)