|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname does Bill have for his grandfather?
(a) The cold monster.
(b) The chilled beast.
(c) The ice monster.
(d) The frozen beast.
2. What type of program do they have for the elderly at the retirement home Sam is contemplating in chapter 9?
(b) Pet Parlor Weekends.
(c) Free Grocery Wednesdays.
(d) Senior Bingo Days.
3. What, according to the rumors, is going to happen to Paul when they take him to the zoo?
(a) The vets are going to cut him open.
(b) The vets are going to x-ray him.
(c) The vets are going to set him free.
(d) The vets are going to breed him.
4. What frightening thing is found in the black box buried in Ronny Lawton's cellar?
(a) A human hand.
(b) An infant body.
(c) An infant skeleton.
(d) A human head.
5. What does Bill call Pete in chapter 5 after the incident with the teenagers?
(a) A psycho.
(b) A masochist.
(c) A sadist.
(d) A softy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill do with the tool he finds at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
2. What have the attractions in town been replaced with?
3. What does Sam always say about his health?
4. What is the name of Ronny Lawton's child?
5. What picture does Bill consider to be the most important in a story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Linda Carter make Ronny Lawton seem in her television special?
2. Why does Sam get angry at Bill over his Rocky commentary piece he presents him with?
3. How do Ed and Sam react when Bill shows them the letter he has deciphered?
4. How does Lucas get treated when he misbehaves in chapter 10? What does he do wrong?
5. Describe one of the ways Bill's grandfather used to make money off of ice.
6. Why is Bill always leaving messages on his girlfriend's machine?
7. List the reasons Ed gives for his irritation with Bill over Darlene in chapter 10.
8. List some of the items Bill gets before heading over to Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place in chapter 11.
9. List some of the negative ways Ronny Lawton's estranged treats her child.
10. Why does the town collectively feel that Ronny Lawton killed his father for sure?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)