|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Ronny's mother die?
(a) Two years ago.
(b) A year ago.
(c) Five years go.
(d) Eight years ago.
2. What is Ronny Lawson wearing when they feature him on the news the first time?
(a) A t-shirt and baseball cap.
(b) A tshirt and camoflage pants.
(c) A tank top and shorts.
(d) A suit with dress shoes.
3. What is wrong with the factories in town now?
(a) They are pink.
(b) They are polluted.
(c) They are abandoned.
(d) They are new.
4. What is the name of Bill's family's dog?
5. What does Sam Perkins want Bill to do in the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) Change all of the office lightbulbs.
(b) Write an obituary.
(c) Forget the bake off story.
(d) Make him a sandwich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ronny Lawton's child?
2. Where does Diane live?
3. What type of car does Ronny Lawton own?
4. At what time does Ronny Lawton file the missing person's report on his father?
5. Who was Bill's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ronny react when Bill shows up and plays music at his work?
2. How did Bill feel about finding the possible murder weapon in Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's yard? What does he do with it?
3. List three of the four big newspapers that pick up the Ronny Lawton story.
4. How does Ronny Lawton feel about the Vietnam War and Charlie? Explain.
5. Describe how Bill reacted right after his fathers death.
6. Why does the town collectively feel that Ronny Lawton killed his father for sure?
7. Describe what Ronny Lawton's bedroom looks like.
8. Who is Gretchen? Describe her.
9. List the reasons why Ronny Lawton does not want to lose what he has in life at this moment.
10. Why is Sam always in a state of panic over the paper?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)