|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill call Pete in chapter 5 after the incident with the teenagers?
(a) A psycho.
(b) A softy.
(c) A masochist.
(d) A sadist.
2. Why does Bill retreat into his basement to study in chapter 8?
(a) The upstairs part of the house is too hot.
(b) The upstairs part of the house is under construction.
(c) No reason is given.
(d) The upstairs part of the house smells bad.
3. Who is Sam?
(a) The owner of the movie theater.
(b) The principal of the highschool.
(c) The brother of Bill.
(d) The editor of The Daily Truth.
4. What happens to Ronny Lawton's mother?
(a) She dies.
(b) She moves across town.
(c) She becomes severely disabled.
(d) She leaves Ronny.
5. What is Ronny Lawson wearing when they feature him on the news the first time?
(a) A t-shirt and baseball cap.
(b) A suit with dress shoes.
(c) A tank top and shorts.
(d) A tshirt and camoflage pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug is found on the teenagers that get pulled over in chapter 5?
2. How does Ronny Lawton act when Bill confronts him about how he treated his mother?
3. Who is Diane?
4. Where does Ronny Lawton work?
5. How old is Ronny's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Darlene consider to be her "children" since she has none of her own?
2. Why does Bill say that "the written word is dead?"
3. Describe the insane scene at Denny's with the teenagers and Ronny.
4. List some of the physical traits the waitresses at Denny's have.
5. Describe one of the ways Bill's grandfather used to make money off of ice.
6. What are some of the questions Ronny is asked during his lie detector test?
7. Describe Bill's mother.
8. Why does Sam get angry at Bill over his Rocky commentary piece he presents him with?
9. Describe Ronny Lawton's estranged wife.
10. Describe the final few hours of Bill's father's life.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)