|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the rumors, is going to happen to Paul when they take him to the zoo?
(a) The vets are going to cut him open.
(b) The vets are going to set him free.
(c) The vets are going to breed him.
(d) The vets are going to x-ray him.
2. Who is Bill?
(a) A photographer at the local paper.
(b) A janitor at the highschool.
(c) A fast food manager.
(d) A writer for the local paper.
3. What was Bill's grandfather's original name?
4. What type of snake is Paul?
(a) A constrictor.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A garden snake.
(d) A rattlesnake.
5. Who is Linda Carter?
(a) The local bartender.
(b) The local news reporter.
(c) The local head waitress.
(d) The local English teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Ronny Lawton?
2. How tall is Darlene?
3. Where does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife work?
4. What drug is found on the teenagers that get pulled over in chapter 5?
5. What tool does Bill find at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sam always in a state of panic over the paper?
2. Describe the insane scene at Denny's with the teenagers and Ronny.
3. How has Bill and Pete's relationship changed by chapter 13?
4. Describe the process Ronny Lawton went through to report his father missing.
5. Why is Bill always leaving messages on his girlfriend's machine?
6. How does Bill feel when he goes to Darlene's shop and is confronted by the female driven world that she and her customers live in?
7. Who does Darlene consider to be her "children" since she has none of her own?
8. Describe the final few hours of Bill's father's life.
9. List four of Bill's "tools of the trade" he has on his desk.
10. Describe Bill's mother.
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)