|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the church-going man who dies in 1902?
(a) Arnold Preston.
(b) Lester Penn.
(c) John Gibson
(d) Peyton Miller.
2. What is Ed Hoskin doing at the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) Developing prints in the dark room.
(b) Eating a cheeseburger.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Writing the outline of a new story.
3. Who is Sam?
(a) The editor of The Daily Truth.
(b) The owner of the movie theater.
(c) The brother of Bill.
(d) The principal of the highschool.
4. Where does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife work?
5. What type of pills does Bill often take throughout the story?
(a) Caffine pills.
(b) Sleeping pills.
(c) Pain pills.
(d) Mood balancing pills.
6. What country is Bill's grandfather originally from?
7. How does Bill like his coffee?
(a) With lots of cream and sugar.
(b) He does not like coffee.
(c) With cream.
8. At what time does Ronny Lawton file the missing person's report on his father?
(a) 2 o'clock.
(b) 5 o'clock.
(c) 2 o'clock.
(d) 8 o'clock.
9. Who is Bill?
(a) A photographer at the local paper.
(b) A fast food manager.
(c) A writer for the local paper.
(d) A janitor at the highschool.
10. What demand does Ronny Lawton make of his manager?
(a) He demands time off from work.
(b) He demands a raise.
(c) He demands a promotion.
(d) He demands better hours.
11. What type of program do they have for the elderly at the retirement home Sam is contemplating in chapter 9?
(b) Senior Bingo Days.
(c) Free Grocery Wednesdays.
(d) Pet Parlor Weekends.
12. Who is Charlie?
(a) Ronny's Lawton's cousin.
(b) Ronny Lawton's dead brother in law.
(c) Ronny Lawton's dead brother.
(d) Ronny Lawton's step father.
13. What is the name of the retirement resort Ed mentions in chapter 9?
(a) Skyway Breeze.
(b) Sunny Palm Retirement.
(c) Warm Days Living.
(d) Sunset Living.
14. How old is Ronny's son?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Eight years old.
(c) Four years old.
(d) Five years old.
15. What is wrong with the factories in town now?
(a) They are polluted.
(b) They are pink.
(c) They are new.
(d) They are abandoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill call Pete in chapter 5 after the incident with the teenagers?
2. What type of snake is Paul?
3. What brand of aftershave do they find in Ronny Lawton's house?
4. How old is Ronny Lawton?
5. What type of home does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife live in?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)