|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time does Ronny Lawton go night fishing in chapter 2?
(a) Ten o'clock.
(b) Eight o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
2. What type of clothing is Darlene wearing when she comes to pick up Bill, Ed, and Sam in chapter 9?
(a) A suit.
(b) A pleated skirt and blouse.
(c) A pair of jeans and a shirt.
(d) A floral print dress.
3. Which music artist does Bill play for Ronny Lawton when he visits him at work?
(a) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(b) Duke Ellington.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
4. Where does Bill work?
(a) Burger King.
(b) The Daily Truth.
(c) Smithson Highschool.
5. What is Ed Hoskin doing at the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) Writing the outline of a new story.
(b) Eating a cheeseburger.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Developing prints in the dark room.
6. Who was Bill's mother?
(a) A woman who committed suicide.
(b) A woman who lives in a retirement home.
(c) A woman who died in childbirth.
(d) A woman who left her family.
7. What type of snake is Paul?
(a) A rattlesnake.
(b) A cobra.
(c) A garden snake.
(d) A constrictor.
8. What is the name of Ronny Lawton's child?
9. From which county is the forensics team?
(a) Kale County.
(b) Cook County.
(c) Smith County.
(d) Jackson County.
10. What word does Ronny have spelled out on the knuckles of his left hand?
11. What is the name of the brand of cigarettes Pete is smoking in chapter 2?
(c) Lucky Strike.
(d) American Spirit.
12. What was Bill's grandfather's original name?
13. What do the men of town of days gone by do for fun on warm nights?
(a) Go to the bakery.
(b) Go to the loval pool.
(c) Go to the burger stand.
(d) Go to the drive in theater.
14. Ernie Tyler plays which sport?
15. What demand does Ronny Lawton make of his manager?
(a) He demands a raise.
(b) He demands better hours.
(c) He demands time off from work.
(d) He demands a promotion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Bill regret his inheritance?
2. Where does Ronny Lawton work?
3. Where does Diane live?
4. What does Bill call Pete in chapter 5 after the incident with the teenagers?
5. To what does Bill's grandfather change his name when he moves to the plains?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)