|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Linda Carter appears outside of the County Courthouse?
(a) Two o'clock.
(b) Four o'clock.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
2. Where does Bill like to go in his spare time for recreation?
(a) The highschool's track.
(b) The shooting range.
(c) The YMCA.
(d) The mall.
3. What body part do they find at Ronny Lawton's house?
(a) A hand.
(b) A toe.
(c) A foot.
(d) A finger.
4. What is the name of the church-going man who dies in 1902?
(a) Lester Penn.
(b) John Gibson
(c) Arnold Preston.
(d) Peyton Miller.
5. What brand of aftershave do they find in Ronny Lawton's house?
(a) Aqua Velva
(c) Old Spice.
6. Gretchen is the name of who?
(a) Ed's cat.
(b) Ed's daughter.
(c) Ed's fish.
(d) Ed's dog.
7. Who was Bill's mother?
(a) A woman who died in childbirth.
(b) A woman who committed suicide.
(c) A woman who left her family.
(d) A woman who lives in a retirement home.
8. How does Ronny Lawton act when Bill confronts him about how he treated his mother?
9. Where does Bill go to study in chapter 5?
(a) Village Inn.
10. What type of program do they have for the elderly at the retirement home Sam is contemplating in chapter 9?
(a) Free Grocery Wednesdays.
(c) Senior Bingo Days.
(d) Pet Parlor Weekends.
11. What, according to the rumors, is going to happen to Paul when they take him to the zoo?
(a) The vets are going to cut him open.
(b) The vets are going to set him free.
(c) The vets are going to breed him.
(d) The vets are going to x-ray him.
12. What age group seems to support Ronny Lawton the most?
(b) Old men and women.
13. What nickname does Bill have for his grandfather?
(a) The frozen beast.
(b) The ice monster.
(c) The cold monster.
(d) The chilled beast.
14. What do the men of town of days gone by do for fun on warm nights?
(a) Go to the loval pool.
(b) Go to the burger stand.
(c) Go to the bakery.
(d) Go to the drive in theater.
15. What type of snake is Paul?
(a) A constrictor.
(b) A rattlesnake.
(c) A garden snake.
(d) A cobra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What street does Bill drive onto in the beginning of chapter 6?
2. What time does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife go into work at?
3. With which of these companies does the town previously have a contract?
4. What is the name of the retirement resort Ed mentions in chapter 9?
5. In which war did Ronny Lawton's brother die in?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)