|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is having a bake off at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Boy Scouts.
(b) The Girl Scouts.
(c) The Auxiliary Firemen's Wives.
(d) The Police Officer's Wives.
2. How many years have passed since the death of Bill's father?
3. What is Ed Hoskin doing at the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) Eating a cheeseburger.
(b) Developing prints in the dark room.
(c) Writing the outline of a new story.
(d) Watching television.
4. What does Bill like to do for fun?
(a) Go swimming.
(b) Go bike riding.
(c) Go running.
(d) Go golfing.
5. What demand does Ronny Lawton make of his manager?
(a) He demands time off from work.
(b) He demands better hours.
(c) He demands a raise.
(d) He demands a promotion.
6. What body part do they find at Ronny Lawton's house?
(a) A hand.
(b) A foot.
(c) A finger.
(d) A toe.
7. What drug is found on the teenagers that get pulled over in chapter 5?
8. What is the name of Bill's family's dog?
9. Who is Sam?
(a) The brother of Bill.
(b) The editor of The Daily Truth.
(c) The owner of the movie theater.
(d) The principal of the highschool.
10. Who is Linda Carter?
(a) The local bartender.
(b) The local news reporter.
(c) The local head waitress.
(d) The local English teacher.
11. How old is Bill's mother when she dies?
(a) Twenty eight.
(b) Twenty two.
12. Who was Bill's mother?
(a) A woman who lives in a retirement home.
(b) A woman who died in childbirth.
(c) A woman who committed suicide.
(d) A woman who left her family.
13. What level of sophistication is Bill supposed to write for?
(a) Tenth Grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Seventh Grade.
14. What picture does Bill consider to be the most important in a story?
(a) The graduation picture.
(b) The employee of the month picture.
(c) The yearbook picture.
(d) The wedding picture.
15. Bill's father was what in his youth?
(a) A thief.
(b) A gambler.
(c) A womanizer.
(d) A drunkard.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Ronny Lawton go night fishing in chapter 2?
2. What does Gretchen do to try and comfort Darlene?
3. Does Ronny Lawton tell Bill where his father's body is at the end of chapter 8?
4. Ernie Tyler plays which sport?
5. What type of car does Ronny Lawton own?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)