|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is it when Linda Carter appears outside of the County Courthouse?
(a) Four o'clock.
(b) Ten o'clock.
(c) Nine o'clock.
(d) Two o'clock.
2. To what does Bill's grandfather change his name when he moves to the plains?
3. What type of snake is Paul?
(a) A garden snake.
(b) A constrictor.
(c) A rattlesnake.
(d) A cobra.
4. What is the date of Ronny's mother's death?
(a) May 15th.
(b) July 8th.
(c) January 1st.
(d) November 22nd.
5. Where does Bill go to study in chapter 5?
(d) Village Inn.
6. Which music artist does Bill play for Ronny Lawton when he visits him at work?
(a) Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
(b) Duke Ellington.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
7. What does Sam always say about his health?
(a) That he has leprosy.
(b) That he has memory loss.
(c) That he has cancer.
(d) That he has diabetes.
8. How tall is Darlene?
(a) Five feet nine inches.
(b) Five feet.
(c) Five feett six inches.
(d) Six feet.
9. What is the name of Bill's family's dog?
10. Who is Bill?
(a) A photographer at the local paper.
(b) A janitor at the highschool.
(c) A writer for the local paper.
(d) A fast food manager.
11. How does Ronny Lawton feel about his brother?
12. Where does Diane live?
(a) New York.
(c) New Mexico.
13. What food item does Bill bring to his dinner with Ed?
(a) A pie.
(b) A cake.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A roast.
14. What nickname does Bill have for his grandfather?
(a) The chilled beast.
(b) The cold monster.
(c) The frozen beast.
(d) The ice monster.
15. Ernie Tyler plays which sport?
Short Answer Questions
1. What have the attractions in town been replaced with?
2. What tool does Bill find at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
3. What, according to the rumors, is going to happen to Paul when they take him to the zoo?
4. What type of pills does Bill often take throughout the story?
5. At what time does Ronny Lawton go night fishing in chapter 2?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)