|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bill retreat into his basement to study in chapter 8?
(a) The upstairs part of the house smells bad.
(b) No reason is given.
(c) The upstairs part of the house is too hot.
(d) The upstairs part of the house is under construction.
2. What is the name of the church-going man who dies in 1902?
(a) Lester Penn.
(b) Arnold Preston.
(c) Peyton Miller.
(d) John Gibson
3. When does Ed want Bill to come over for dinner in chapter 5?
(a) A week from Monday.
(b) A week from Thursday.
(c) A week from Tuesday.
(d) A week from Sunday.
4. What type of pills does Bill often take throughout the story?
(a) Caffine pills.
(b) Mood balancing pills.
(c) Sleeping pills.
(d) Pain pills.
5. What have the attractions in town been replaced with?
(a) Pet stores.
(b) Toy stores.
(c) Fast food chains.
(d) Walmarts and Kmarts.
6. What age group seems to support Ronny Lawton the most?
(b) Old men and women.
7. What word does Ronny have spelled out on the knuckles of his right hand?
8. What time does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife go into work at?
(b) Ten in the morning.
(c) Four in the afternoon.
(d) Six in the evening.
9. What frightening thing is found in the black box buried in Ronny Lawton's cellar?
(a) A human hand.
(b) An infant skeleton.
(c) An infant body.
(d) A human head.
10. At what time does Ronny Lawton go night fishing in chapter 2?
(b) Eight o'clock.
(c) Ten o'clock.
(d) Nine o'clock.
11. What demand does Ronny Lawton make of his manager?
(a) He demands a promotion.
(b) He demands a raise.
(c) He demands time off from work.
(d) He demands better hours.
12. What does Gretchen do to try and comfort Darlene?
(a) Have a false pregnancy.
(b) Have a false stroke.
(c) Have a false limp.
(d) Have a false allergy.
13. How does Bill's father die?
(a) An Accident.
(c) A terminal illness.
14. How many years have passed since the death of Bill's father?
15. How tall is Darlene?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Five feett six inches.
(c) Five feet nine inches.
(d) Five feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of clothing is Darlene wearing when she comes to pick up Bill, Ed, and Sam in chapter 9?
2. How does Ronny Lawton feel about his brother?
3. What type of home does Bill live in?
4. What tool does Bill find at Ronny Lawton's estranged wife's place?
5. At what time does Bill arrive at Ronny Lawton's place in chapter 2?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)