|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gretchen do to try and comfort Darlene?
(a) Have a false allergy.
(b) Have a false limp.
(c) Have a false stroke.
(d) Have a false pregnancy.
2. What does Bill's mother demand when she finds out she is pregnant?
(a) A house.
(b) A car.
3. What type of program do they have for the elderly at the retirement home Sam is contemplating in chapter 9?
(b) Pet Parlor Weekends.
(c) Senior Bingo Days.
(d) Free Grocery Wednesdays.
4. What word does Ronny have spelled out on the knuckles of his right hand?
5. Ernie Tyler plays which sport?
6. How long is Paul?
(a) Over 4 feet long.
(b) Over eight feet long.
(c) Over 2 feet long.
(d) Over 6 inches long.
7. Who is having a bake off at the beginning of the book?
(a) The Boy Scouts.
(b) The Police Officer's Wives.
(c) The Auxiliary Firemen's Wives.
(d) The Girl Scouts.
8. What have the attractions in town been replaced with?
(a) Walmarts and Kmarts.
(b) Fast food chains.
(c) Pet stores.
(d) Toy stores.
9. How old is Ronny's son?
(a) Eight years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Five years old.
(d) Four years old.
10. Who was Bill's mother?
(a) A woman who left her family.
(b) A woman who committed suicide.
(c) A woman who died in childbirth.
(d) A woman who lives in a retirement home.
11. What, according to the rumors, is going to happen to Paul when they take him to the zoo?
(a) The vets are going to x-ray him.
(b) The vets are going to set him free.
(c) The vets are going to breed him.
(d) The vets are going to cut him open.
12. What time does Ronny Lawton's estranged wife go into work at?
(a) Six in the evening.
(c) Four in the afternoon.
(d) Ten in the morning.
13. With which of these companies does the town previously have a contract?
14. What level of sophistication is Bill supposed to write for?
(a) Seventh Grade.
(c) Sixth grade.
(d) Tenth Grade.
15. What is Ed Hoskin doing at the beginning of chapter 2?
(a) Developing prints in the dark room.
(b) Writing the outline of a new story.
(c) Eating a cheeseburger.
(d) Watching television.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ronny Lawson wearing when they feature him on the news the first time?
2. What type of snake is Paul?
3. What picture does Bill consider to be the most important in a story?
4. What type of pills does Bill often take throughout the story?
5. Which music artist does Bill play for Ronny Lawton when he visits him at work?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)