|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business action does Abigail take on the morning of the tea?
(a) Cancels the timber contract.
(b) Sells her property.
(c) Closes up the hotel.
(d) Sells the livestock.
2. Where does John keep the Howland business records?
(a) In his home office.
(b) In his office at the capital.
(c) In his Madison City office.
(d) In a safety deposit box at the bank.
3. In the first Book of Abigail, who avoids the porch light?
(a) The cat.
(b) A screech owl.
4. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
(a) Jack Tobias.
(b) Grover Kent.
(c) Roger Ellis.
(d) Elfetha Harris.
5. What is squirming "helplessly on the boards" of the porch?
(c) A bird with a broken wing.
(d) A mouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poetry does the elder Abigail enjoy reading out loud before she leaves for college?
2. Who says, "Wind's to the west"?
3. Whom does Abigail witness chewing her finger nervously?
4. Who catches pneumonia after having the chicken pox and almost dies?
5. What is the last name of the cousins that Abigail goes on an outing with once or twice a month?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)