|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Ramona live?
(a) No one.
(b) The Howlands.
(d) Husband and daughter.
2. Why are there no pictures of Lorena Adams Howland?
(a) Lorena refused to allow her picture to be taken.
(b) They were lost over the years.
(c) William burned them one afternoon.
(d) They burned in a house fire.
3. What do people call "the bones of the earth," according to the author?
(a) The granite outcroppings in winter fields.
(b) A dry pond.
(c) The trees of winter.
(d) A rock outcropping in a valley.
4. What did Margaret's family once turned into beads?
(a) Shells from nuts.
(b) River mud.
(c) Mussel and clamshells.
5. With whom does Abigail drive off after her near drowning?
(a) Her roommate.
(b) John Tolliver.
(c) She drives off alone.
(d) Tom Stanley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who mentions that Abigail flounces out of the house?
2. What is another name for Somerset County?
3. In the first chapter, how long has it been since Abigail has seen one of Margaret's children?
4. To whom does Abigail want her attorney to place a call for her in the epilogue?
5. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)