|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
(a) Jack Tobias.
(b) Grover Kent.
(c) Roger Ellis.
(d) Elfetha Harris.
2. What does Abigail see in place of the fence?
(a) Cherokee rose branches.
(d) Wood for a new fence.
3. How does Abigail see Margaret's son carrying himself?
(a) As if he owns the world.
(b) As the young boy she grew up with.
(c) As if in fear.
(d) As an old man.
4. From what state did William Marshall Howland originally come?
5. What attacks William so that he coats his body with muck?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Not being pretty...it worries a girl"?
2. Whom does Abigail compare to a crisp brown leaf?
3. Who leaves for boarding school the autumn after William's daughter dies?
4. After the Korean War, where does John set up his practice?
5. Who tells Abigail that she's not "beholden" to the Howland home?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)