|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the road crews discover when they blast through McCarren Hill?
(a) Hundreds of snakes.
(c) An Indian cemetery.
(d) A swamp.
2. Who is Marge?
(a) William's wife.
(b) William's middle child.
(c) Abigail's youngest child.
(d) Abigail's oldest child.
3. Who is Abigail referring to when she says, "He was as courtly as a planter out of a novel"?
(a) The governor.
(b) President of the university.
(d) John Tolliver.
4. Who tells Abigail that she's not "beholden" to the Howland home?
(b) John Tolliver.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her father.
5. What is the flowered cloth that Margaret is sewing from?
(a) An old dress belonging to William's wife.
(b) Something that Ramona gives her.
(c) Old sheets.
(d) Material purchased for curtains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What "burned a barn, killed cats and steers and couple of hounds"?
2. What future governor phones Abigail in the epilogue?
3. In what month do Abigail and John marry?
4. Who ran off to a ship at Savannah and disappeared?
5. Who is surrounded by "tiers of flesh"?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)