|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Three books are mentioned that Abigail receives for agreeing to pretend to be the sick child. They are The Swiss Family Robinson, Kidnapped, and ________________.
(a) Jo's Boys.
(b) Little Women.
(c) Wizard of Oz.
(d) Treasure Island.
2. Who did Abigail's father quote after the World War II started in 1939?
(a) Percy Shelley.
(b) Franklin D. Roosevelt.
(c) Rupert Brooks.
(d) Winston Churchill.
3. Where does Abigail go on vacation after graduating from high school?
(b) The West.
(d) New York City.
4. Where did John keep his political work housed at?
(a) In his Madison City office.
(b) In his home office.
(c) In a safety deposit box at the bank.
(d) In his office at the capital.
5. What is quiet and still and dry in the first chapter?
(a) The trees.
(b) The Howland estate.
(c) November evenings.
(d) The river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sits on the Carmichael porch to play the banjo and sing the blues?
2. What is the eye color of the last William Howland's eyes?
3. What does William like to drink throughout Sunday?
4. What mammal does William see at the large freshwater lake in the middle of the swamp?
5. What is William's first step in the adventure of going into the swamp?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)