|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Abigail pass the time before the tea?
(a) Reading Reader's Digest.
(b) Sitting and thinking.
(c) Shopping for a new dress.
(d) Writing letters.
2. Where does Abner Carmichael live?
(a) In a shack in the middle of the swamp.
(b) In a houseboat in Mobile.
(c) In the biggest brick house in New Church.
(d) In a floating house in New Church.
3. What did William give his daughter as a homecoming surprise after her first year of college?
(a) A book of poetry.
(b) A horse.
(c) A trip to Europe.
(d) A gazebo.
4. Who walks beside Abigail as she walks on the sidewalk in the epilogue?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her lawyer.
(c) Her oldest daughter.
5. In what direction has the sun set at the beginning of "The Keepers of the House"?
(a) The clouds keep Abigail from seeing the sun set.
(c) Due west.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of Abigail's wedding to Gregory Mason, how long has Oliver worked for William and in what capacity?
2. How many people are among the "parade of figures" that Abigail sees in her mind?
3. What sound do the branches of the bluish white hickory tree make?
4. With whom does Abigail drive off after her near drowning?
5. Who is with the hostess who greets Abigail at the tea?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)