|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mma Potowani's advice to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
2. How does Mr. Buthelezi try to run Mma Ramotswe out of business?
3. Why is the woman client concerned about her husband?
4. Mma Ramotswe gets a new female client who ____________________________.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe wonder about Mma Tsolamosese as she drives to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
3. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
4. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
6. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
7. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
8. How does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that he can repay Tebogo?
9. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern about meeting Mma Tsolamosese? Are her fears unfounded?
10. With whom does Mma Makutsi go on a date? What does she learn about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kalahari Typing School for Men is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mma Ramotswe. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Ramotswe.
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use this setting in the novel?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)