|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Tsolamosese lives near the village of _________________.
2. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that Tebogo wants from him now?
3. Mma Makutsi asks her class to type essays about _____________________.
4. Whom has Mma Tsolamosese taken into her home?
5. How does Mma Makutsi feel about the man in #119 after their date?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
2. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern about meeting Mma Tsolamosese? Are her fears unfounded?
3. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
4. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's getting a new client at the same time that Mr. Buthelezi's unsavory article appears in the newspaper?
5. What does the new client say about why she and her husband bought a flat in Gaborone?
6. How does Mma Makutsi find students for her new typing school? Is she successful?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
9. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
10. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo do to repay Mma Tsolamosese in some way?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mr. Matekoni. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Matekoni?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the novel. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Loneliness seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loneliness? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Mma Makutsi's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)