|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Makutsi has enough students for how many classes?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe see that makes her miss her father?
3. What form of retribution does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo make to Tebogo?
4. Where does the woman in #130 work?
5. How many students does Mma Makutsi get on the first day of advertising?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
2. Why is Mma Tsolamosese still raising children in her advanced years?
3. With whom does Mma Makutsi go on a date? What does she learn about him?
4. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
5. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
6. What does the new client say about why she and her husband bought a flat in Gaborone?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
8. What decision must Mma Ramotswe make regarding Mma Makutsi and their new client?
9. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's getting a new client at the same time that Mr. Buthelezi's unsavory article appears in the newspaper?
10. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kalahari Typing School for Men is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Buthelezi. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? Why is the conflict greater than straightforward business competition? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Loneliness seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loneliness? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Mma Makutsi's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)