|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mma Makutsi advertise her new typing school?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mr. Tsolamosese?
3. Whom does Mma Ramotswe visit in the village?
4. Mrs. Tsolamosese lives near the village of _________________.
5. What does Mrs. Tsolamosese want to do regarding Mr. Molefelo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
2. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
4. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
5. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
6. How does Mma Makutsi find students for her new typing school? Is she successful?
7. How does Mma Ramotswe go about looking for Mr. and Mma Tsolamosese?
8. Why is Mma Tsolamosese still raising children in her advanced years?
9. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo do to repay Mma Tsolamosese in some way?
10. What decision must Mma Ramotswe make regarding Mma Makutsi and their new client?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Loneliness seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loneliness? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Mma Makutsi's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)