|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Molefelo's girlfriend did not earn her ______________________.
2. Who is the student with whom Mma Makutsi goes on a date?
3. What is Mr. Molefelo's relationship to Mma Tsolamosese?
4. One of Mma Tsolamosese's daughters died from what disease?
5. What does Mrs. Tsolamosese want to do regarding Mr. Molefelo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
2. What does Mr. Matekoni do with Puso immediately after learning of Mma Potowani's advice?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
4. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
6. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
7. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
8. How does Mma Makutsi find students for her new typing school? Is she successful?
9. How does Mma Ramotswe find Mma Tshenyego who was once known as Tebogo Bathopi?
10. How does Mma Ramotswe go about looking for Mr. and Mma Tsolamosese?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mma Ramotswe. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Ramotswe.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the atypical family in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. What does it mean that Mma Ramotswe has foster children and that Mr. Matekoni acts as a father figure? How does this unusual family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family mentality to most Botswanan families living during this time period?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the novel. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)