|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years has it been since Mma Tsolamosese has seen Mr. Molefelo?
2. What is the topic of the piece in #127?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that Tebogo wants from him now?
4. What is the marital status of the man in #119?
5. Where does Mma Makutsi go on her second date with Mr. Selelipeng?
Short Essay Questions
1. With whom does Mma Makutsi go on a date? What does she learn about him?
2. How does Mma Makutsi find students for her new typing school? Is she successful?
3. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
4. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
5. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern about meeting Mma Tsolamosese? Are her fears unfounded?
6. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
7. How does Mma Ramotswe go about looking for Mr. and Mma Tsolamosese?
8. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
9. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
10. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mr. Molefelo. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Molefelo?
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role of the atypical family in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. What does it mean that Mma Ramotswe has foster children and that Mr. Matekoni acts as a father figure? How does this unusual family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family mentality to most Botswanan families living during this time period?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)