|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Ramotswe can be characterized as being smart, practical and __________________.
2. How does Mr. Buthelezi try to run Mma Ramotswe out of business?
3. What is Mma Potowani's advice to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
4. Where does Mma Ramotswe go in Chapter 17?
5. Where does Mr. Matekoni take Puso that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe find Mma Tshenyego who was once known as Tebogo Bathopi?
3. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
4. What does Mr. Matekoni do with Puso immediately after learning of Mma Potowani's advice?
5. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
6. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
7. What decision must Mma Ramotswe make regarding Mma Makutsi and their new client?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
9. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
10. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's getting a new client at the same time that Mr. Buthelezi's unsavory article appears in the newspaper?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alexander McCall Smith is a master at dramatic devices. Choose examples of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly explain each example and identify the technique used.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mr. Matekoni. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Matekoni?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)