|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Tsolamosese's reaction to hearing about Mr. Molefelo's actions long ago?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo give to Mma Tsolamosese?
3. Whom has Mma Tsolamosese taken into her home?
4. What form of retribution does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo make to Tebogo?
5. The man in #119 lives in a flat near _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that he can repay Tebogo?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
4. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
5. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
6. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo do to repay Mma Tsolamosese in some way?
8. What decision must Mma Ramotswe make regarding Mma Makutsi and their new client?
9. With whom does Mma Makutsi go on a date? What does she learn about him?
10. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Women's rights is an important theme in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples for support.
Essay Topic 3
The Kalahari Typing School for Men is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)