|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that Tebogo wants from him now?
2. Why does Mma Tsolamosese accept the gift in #157?
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe telephone a prison in Chapter 9?
4. Who brings Mma Tsolamosese to see Mr. Molefelo?
5. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Matekoni go in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
Women's rights is an important theme in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples for support.
Essay Topic 2
Loneliness seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loneliness? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Mma Makutsi's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Mma Ramotswe. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Ramotswe.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)