|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what disease is one of Mma Tsolamosese's grandchildren afflicted?
2. The man in #119 lives in a flat near _____________________.
3. How does Mr. Molefelo feel when Mma Tsolamosese accepts the gift in #157?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mr. Tsolamosese at the location in #93?
5. What is the marital status of the man in #119?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kalahari Typing School for Men is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use this setting in the novel?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)