|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new equipment has Mr. Matekoni had installed at the shop?
2. What is Mma Potowani's advice to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
3. What is the name of the woman client?
4. From whose home does Mma Ramotswe call for automotive help?
5. One of Mma Tsolamosese's daughters died from what disease?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo do to repay Mma Tsolamosese in some way?
3. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
4. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's getting a new client at the same time that Mr. Buthelezi's unsavory article appears in the newspaper?
5. What does the new client say about why she and her husband bought a flat in Gaborone?
6. Why is Mma Tsolamosese still raising children in her advanced years?
7. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
8. With whom does Mma Makutsi go on a date? What does she learn about him?
9. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
10. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mma Ramotswe. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Ramotswe.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the atypical family in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. What does it mean that Mma Ramotswe has foster children and that Mr. Matekoni acts as a father figure? How does this unusual family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family mentality to most Botswanan families living during this time period?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment. Then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)