|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tebogo's daughter is interested in _______________.
2. Mr. Molefelo's girlfriend did not earn her ______________________.
3. How does Mma Makutsi feel about the man in #119 after their date?
4. Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi see a _________________ about Mr. Buthelezi.
5. Where does Mr. Matekoni take Puso that night?
Essay Topic 1
Loneliness seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loneliness? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Mma Makutsi's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mr. Molefelo. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Molefelo?
Essay Topic 3
Alexander McCall Smith is a master at dramatic devices. Choose examples of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly explain each example and identify the technique used.
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)