|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mma Tsolamosese especially sad about her toddler granddaughter?
2. Where does Mma Ramotswe find out more information about Mr. Tsolamosese?
3. Mma Makutsi's class is progressing quickly and she decides to end it _________________ earlier than expected.
4. Mma Ramotswe gets a new female client who ____________________________.
5. Where does Mma Ramotswe find Tebogo?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo do to repay Mma Tsolamosese in some way?
3. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
4. What does the new client say about why she and her husband bought a flat in Gaborone?
5. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
6. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
7. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
9. Why is Mma Tsolamosese still raising children in her advanced years?
10. What decision must Mma Ramotswe make regarding Mma Makutsi and their new client?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alexander McCall Smith is a master at dramatic devices. Choose examples of symbolism, metaphor, and irony. Briefly explain each example and identify the technique used.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the novel and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Mma Ramotswe's life. Will she still be running her detective agency? Will she have married Mr. Matekoni? Who will be present in her life? Where will she be living?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)