|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Ramotswe can be characterized as being smart, practical and __________________.
2. One of Mma Tsolamosese's daughters died from what disease?
3. What is Tebogo Bathopi's name now?
4. Mma Makutsi has enough students for how many classes?
5. Mr. Molefelo's girlfriend did not earn her ______________________.
Essay Topic 1
Does Smith end the story on a note of hope for Mma Ramotswe or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with flawed relationships and evolving trends and ways of life? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the novel and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)