|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that Tebogo wants from him now?
2. Why does Mma Tsolamosese accept the gift in #157?
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe telephone a prison in Chapter 9?
4. Who brings Mma Tsolamosese to see Mr. Molefelo?
5. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Matekoni go in Chapter 13?
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the novel and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of loss. Identify at least two themes about loss in the novel. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)