|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at the garage in response to the younger apprentice's prayers?
2. What does Mrs. Tsolamosese want to do regarding Mr. Molefelo?
3. How many students does Mma Makutsi get on the first day of advertising?
4. Mma Ramotswe can be characterized as being smart, practical and __________________.
5. Mma Makutsi has enough students for how many classes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
4. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
5. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
6. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
7. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern about meeting Mma Tsolamosese? Are her fears unfounded?
8. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
9. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
10. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The Kalahari Typing School for Men is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Mma Ramotswe's life. Will she still be running her detective agency? Will she have married Mr. Matekoni? Who will be present in her life? Where will she be living?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Buthelezi. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? Why is the conflict greater than straightforward business competition? Explain.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)