|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Makutsi has enough students for how many classes?
2. With what disease is one of Mma Tsolamosese's grandchildren afflicted?
3. What does Mrs. Tsolamosese want to do regarding Mr. Molefelo?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo give to Mma Tsolamosese?
5. How does Mr. Buthelezi try to run Mma Ramotswe out of business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
2. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
3. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe go about looking for Mr. and Mma Tsolamosese?
6. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
7. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
8. How does Mma Makutsi find students for her new typing school? Is she successful?
9. What does Mr. Matekoni do with Puso immediately after learning of Mma Potowani's advice?
10. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mma Ramotswe. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Ramotswe.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mma Makutsi. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Makutsi.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Buthelezi. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? Why is the conflict greater than straightforward business competition? Explain.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)