|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Molefelo's girlfriend did not earn her ______________________.
2. What is Tebogo Bathopi's name now?
3. What happens to Mma Ramotswe's car on her way home in Chapter 16?
4. How does Mr. Molefelo feel when Mma Tsolamosese accepts the gift in #157?
5. What new equipment has Mr. Matekoni had installed at the shop?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe go about looking for Mr. and Mma Tsolamosese?
3. What does Mr. Matekoni do with Puso immediately after learning of Mma Potowani's advice?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that he can repay Tebogo?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe find Mma Tshenyego who was once known as Tebogo Bathopi?
6. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
7. What decision must Mma Ramotswe make regarding Mma Makutsi and their new client?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
9. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
10. How does Mma Makutsi find students for her new typing school? Is she successful?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Mma Ramotswe's life. Will she still be running her detective agency? Will she have married Mr. Matekoni? Who will be present in her life? Where will she be living?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)