|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Matekoni come to the place in #114 to fix?
2. What form of retribution does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo make to Tebogo?
3. What is the last name of the student with whom Mma Makutsi goes on a date?
4. From whose home does Mma Ramotswe call for automotive help?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that Tebogo wants from him now?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mma Ramotswe find Mma Tshenyego who was once known as Tebogo Bathopi?
2. What decision must Mma Ramotswe make regarding Mma Makutsi and their new client?
3. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
4. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe go about looking for Mr. and Mma Tsolamosese?
6. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
7. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
9. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo do to repay Mma Tsolamosese in some way?
10. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mr. Molefelo. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Molefelo?
Essay Topic 2
Loneliness seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loneliness? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Mma Makutsi's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character?
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Mma Ramotswe's life. Will she still be running her detective agency? Will she have married Mr. Matekoni? Who will be present in her life? Where will she be living?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)