|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Tsolamosese lives near _______________________.
2. How does Mma Makutsi feel about the man in #119 after their date?
3. Where does the woman's husband tell his wife that he is when she cannot reach him in the evenings?
4. How many students does Mma Makutsi get on the first day of advertising?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mr. Tsolamosese at the location in #93?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
3. What does Mr. Matekoni do with Puso immediately after learning of Mma Potowani's advice?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that he can repay Tebogo?
5. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
6. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
7. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
8. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
9. What does the new client say about why she and her husband bought a flat in Gaborone?
10. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the atypical family in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. What does it mean that Mma Ramotswe has foster children and that Mr. Matekoni acts as a father figure? How does this unusual family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family mentality to most Botswanan families living during this time period?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Mr. Matekoni. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Matekoni?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)