|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mma Makutsi advertise her new typing school?
2. Mma Makutsi's class is progressing quickly and she decides to end it _________________ earlier than expected.
3. What does Mrs. Tsolamosese want to do regarding Mr. Molefelo?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe do while waiting for automotive help?
5. On what day of the week does Mma Makutsi's first typing class take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
2. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's getting a new client at the same time that Mr. Buthelezi's unsavory article appears in the newspaper?
3. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern about meeting Mma Tsolamosese? Are her fears unfounded?
4. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
5. At the orphan farm, what advice does Mma Potowani give to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
6. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
7. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
9. How does Mma Ramotswe find Mma Tshenyego who was once known as Tebogo Bathopi?
10. With whom does Mma Makutsi go on a date? What does she learn about him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use this setting in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the novel and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment. Then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)