|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mr. Matekoni come to the place in #114 to fix?
2. Whom does Mma Ramotswe call for automotive help?
3. Where does Mma Ramotswe find Tebogo?
4. What is the topic of the piece in #127?
5. What form of retribution does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo make to Tebogo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
2. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
3. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
4. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
5. What does Mr. Matekoni do with Puso immediately after learning of Mma Potowani's advice?
6. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
9. How does Mma Makutsi find students for her new typing school? Is she successful?
10. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Does Smith end the story on a note of hope for Mma Ramotswe or the continuance of her struggle to come to terms with flawed relationships and evolving trends and ways of life? Give your perspective and two reasons to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period, and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Smith choose to use this setting in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 984 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)