|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe wonder about Mma Tsolamosese as she drives to see her?
2. What new equipment has Mr. Matekoni had installed at the shop?
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe go to the town in #145?
4. Why is the woman client concerned about her husband?
5. What is Mma Potowani's advice to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
Essay Topic 1
The Kalahari Typing School for Men is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role of the atypical family in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. What does it mean that Mma Ramotswe has foster children and that Mr. Matekoni acts as a father figure? How does this unusual family evolve in its support of each other? How typical is this family mentality to most Botswanan families living during this time period?
Essay Topic 3
Women's rights is an important theme in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples for support.
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)