|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Matekoni go in Chapter 13?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mr. Tsolamosese?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo give to Mma Tsolamosese?
4. What form of retribution does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo make to Tebogo?
5. On what day of the week does Mma Makutsi's first typing class take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
2. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe know about Mr. Selelipeng that Mma Makutsi does not know when they see each other out at a diner?
4. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
5. What is Tebogo's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo has wanted to make amends for his past behavior?
6. With whom does Mma Makutsi go on a date? What does she learn about him?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo do to repay Mma Tsolamosese in some way?
8. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
9. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
10. How does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that he can repay Tebogo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Women's rights is an important theme in The Kalahari Typing School for Men. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples for support.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the novel and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Buthelezi. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? Why is the conflict greater than straightforward business competition? Explain.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)