|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Matekoni believes _______is responsible for injuring the bird.
2. The youngest apprentice has become _____________________ lately.
3. What did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
4. What request does Mr. Molefelo ask of Mma Ramotswe?
5. Who is the owner of the new business across town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author insert Mr. Molefelo's character into the story?
2. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
3. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
4. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
5. For what reason does Mr. Molefelo now need Mma Ramotswe's services?
6. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
7. Why is Mma Ramotswe happy that her assistant, Mma Makutsi has taken over Mr. Matekoni's business during his illness?
8. How does Mma Ramotswe reassure her foster daughter about her problem?
9. What is the new business threat that complicates Mma Ramotswe's life?
10. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mma Ramotswe. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Ramotswe.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Mr. Matekoni. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Matekoni?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)