|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to speak to Mma Ramotswe?
2. The young garage apprentice asks Mma Makutsi, Mma Ramotswe, and Mr. Matekoni to _____________________.
3. Where had Mma Ramotswe's offices been located?
4. Mma Makutsi thinks that most men do not want to learn ____________________.
5. What task does Mma Makutsi do in the office in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems to be Mr. Molefelo's intention by contacting Mma Ramotswe?
2. For what reason does Mr. Molefelo now need Mma Ramotswe's services?
3. Why does the typewriter school seem to be a win-win situation for Mma Makutsi?
4. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
5. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
6. How does Mma Ramotswe reassure her foster daughter about her problem?
7. How does the author show that Mma Ramotswe is deeply concerned for her foster children?
8. What is the one condition to which Mma Makutsi must agree in exchange for the typewriters?
9. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
10. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mma Ramotswe. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Ramotswe.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters who either embody or experience disappointment. Then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 956 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)