|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mma Makutsi think that Mr. Matekoni will not like the idea of the school?
2. Mr. Molefelo fell in love with a girl who was a _______________________.
3. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
4. What is Mma Ramotswe's first name?
5. The man in the family worked as a _____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
2. What suggestion does Mma Makutsi have for increasing sales at Mr. Matekoni's garage?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
4. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
5. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
6. Who is Mr. Molefelo? What does he tell Mma Ramotswe when he comes to her office?
7. What is the new business threat that complicates Mma Ramotswe's life?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about a problem her foster daughter is struggling with?
9. What situation did Mr. Molefelo find himself in with his girlfriend at the time? Why did he steal an item from the Tsolamoseses?
10. What does Mr. Matekoni encounter when he comes to Mma Ramotswe's home to water the vegetable plants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Mr. Molefelo. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Molefelo?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)