|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Molefelo is a rich man who _________________________.
2. The man in the family worked as a _____________________.
3. What does Mma Ramotswe do to create a diversion at the church?
4. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
5. How many apprentices work in the garage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's purpose for the first two chapters of the novel?
2. What suggestion does Mma Makutsi have for increasing sales at Mr. Matekoni's garage?
3. What consumes Mma Ramotswe's thoughts as the novel opens?
4. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
6. What seems to be Mr. Molefelo's intention by contacting Mma Ramotswe?
7. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
8. What is the premise of The Kalahari Typing School For Men?
9. What does Mr. Molefelo tell Mma Ramotswe about his life in Gaborone as a student living with the Tsolamoseses?
10. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Mr. Matekoni. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Mr. Matekoni?
Essay Topic 2
The Kalahari Typing School for Men is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)