Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last name of the family with whom Mr. Molefelo lived?
2. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern for Mma Makutsi's business?
3. This novel is the ________________ in a series of novels featuring Mma Ramotswe.
4. Who was Mr. Molefelo's girlfriend when he was a student?
5. What does Mr. Matekoni do when he arrives at Mma Ramotswe's home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one condition to which Mma Makutsi must agree in exchange for the typewriters?
2. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
4. How does the author show that Mma Ramotswe is deeply concerned for her foster children?
5. What consumes Mma Ramotswe's thoughts as the novel opens?
6. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
7. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
8. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
9. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
10. What reason does Mr. Selelipeng tell Mma Makutsi that he can no longer see her? What is her response?
Create a character study of Mma Ramotswe. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? Give other pertinent details about Mma Ramotswe.
Explain the ongoing conflict between Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Buthelezi. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? Why is the conflict greater than straightforward business competition? Explain.
Loneliness seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of loneliness? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Mma Makutsi's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)