|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mma Tsolamosese especially sad about her toddler granddaughter?
(a) She has a growth disease.
(b) She has learning disabilities.
(c) She will most likely not survive past childhood.
(d) She has a heart condition.
2. Where does Mma Makutsi go on her date?
(a) A bar.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) The movies.
(d) A concert.
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe telephone a prison in Chapter 9?
(a) To inquire about a former client.
(b) To get leads on Mr. Tsolamosese.
(c) To ask about a speaker for a meeting.
(d) To voice her objection to prison reform.
4. Why is the woman client concerned about her husband?
(a) He talks about another woman in his sleep.
(b) He is not at their flat when she calls.
(c) He has two cell phones.
(d) He has exorbitant credit card charges.
5. In which town does the woman client work?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mma Makutsi feel about the man in #119 after their date?
2. Mma Makutsi asks her class to type essays about _____________________.
3. Where does the woman's husband tell his wife that he is when she cannot reach him in the evenings?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that Tebogo wants from him now?
5. What does Mma Ramotswe see that makes her miss her father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the new client say about why she and her husband bought a flat in Gaborone?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe go about looking for Mr. and Mma Tsolamosese?
3. What does Mr. Matekoni do with Puso immediately after learning of Mma Potowani's advice?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe find Mma Tshenyego who was once known as Tebogo Bathopi?
5. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern about meeting Mma Tsolamosese? Are her fears unfounded?
6. What decision must Mma Ramotswe make regarding Mma Makutsi and their new client?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
8. What is Mma Tsolamosese's reaction to learning that Mr. Molefelo is trying to locate her after so many years?
9. What surprise does Mma Makutsi find in an essay written by one of her students?
10. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's getting a new client at the same time that Mr. Buthelezi's unsavory article appears in the newspaper?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)