|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi go in Chapter 5?
(a) The office.
(b) The Accountant's office.
(c) The theater.
(d) A restaurant.
2. What does Mr. Matekoni become aware of at Mma Ramotswe's house?
(a) Food cooking.
(b) A bird struggling in the garden.
3. From where does Mma Makutsi draw most of her income?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) The state government.
(c) Her catering business.
(d) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
4. Whom does Mma Makutsi call regarding her new business idea?
(a) The Chamber of Commerce.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) The Vice Principal at her old school.
(d) Her banker.
5. Where had Mma Ramotswe's offices been located?
(a) In the desert.
(b) In a townhouse.
(c) In a strip mall.
(d) In her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Ramotswe's thoughts turn to Mma Makutsi's _________________ struggles.
2. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
3. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
4. What type of business does the person in #51 own?
5. Why did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
2. What happens at the motor shop one day when the apprentices are left alone? How is the power of the younger apprentice's prayers shown?
3. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
4. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
5. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
6. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mma Tsolamosese's two grandchildren?
7. Describe the reunion of Mr. Molefelo and Mma Tsolamosese.
8. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern about meeting Mma Tsolamosese? Are her fears unfounded?
9. What are other people's thoughts about the potential for success of Mma Makutsi's typing school?
10. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's getting a new client at the same time that Mr. Buthelezi's unsavory article appears in the newspaper?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)