|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Molefelo go to talk privately?
(a) A museum.
(b) A quiet cafe.
(c) They take a walk.
(d) Mma Ramotswe's office.
2. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
3. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
(a) Her personal finances.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her foster children.
(d) Local politics.
4. It is _____________ that Mma Ramotswe has reservations about Mma Makutsi's new business.
5. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Mma Makutsi been thinking of since the beginning of the novel?
2. What task does Mma Makutsi do in the office in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Mma Makutsi think that Mr. Matekoni will not like the idea of the school?
4. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
Short Essay Questions
1. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
2. Who is the new client? Why does she require Mma Ramotswe's services?
3. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern about meeting Mma Tsolamosese? Are her fears unfounded?
4. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
5. What is the premise of The Kalahari Typing School For Men?
6. What does Mr. Molefelo tell Mma Ramotswe about his life in Gaborone as a student living with the Tsolamoseses?
7. What is the author's purpose for the first two chapters of the novel?
8. How does the author show that Mma Ramotswe is deeply concerned for her foster children?
9. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
10. How does Mma Makutsi find students for her new typing school? Is she successful?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)