|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The owner of the new business insults Mma Ramotswe by ___________________________.
(a) Telling her that she is too old to do detective work.
(b) Telling her that she is overweight.
(c) Saying that she does not have a professional demeanor.
(d) Ridiculing the idea that anyone would hire a woman to do a man's work.
2. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
(a) She is reaching puberty.
(b) She hears gunfire at night.
(c) She does not feel well.
(d) She is teased about not having a mother.
3. What consumes Mma Makutsi's thoughts in Chapter 2?
(a) Ways to increase income.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Losing weight.
(d) A new wardrobe.
4. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Mr. Molefelo.
(b) Mr. Matekoni.
(c) Mr. Mandela.
(d) Mr. Kaleb.
5. Mma Ramotswe is from which country?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi go in Chapter 5?
2. Mr. Molefelo had told his girlfriend that he did not want a ____________________.
3. What are the terms of Mma Makutsi's request?
4. What is Mma Ramotswe's marital status?
5. What does Mr. Matekoni become aware of at Mma Ramotswe's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about a problem her foster daughter is struggling with?
3. What situation did Mr. Molefelo find himself in with his girlfriend at the time? Why did he steal an item from the Tsolamoseses?
4. What does Mr. Matekoni encounter when he comes to Mma Ramotswe's home to water the vegetable plants?
5. What are other people's thoughts about the potential for success of Mma Makutsi's typing school?
6. What elements of Mma Makutsi's boyfriend should make her suspicious but do not?
7. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
8. How does Mma Ramotswe celebrate the fact that hers is again the only detective agency in town?
9. What happens to Mr. Buthelezi's business?
10. Who is Mr. Molefelo? What does he tell Mma Ramotswe when he comes to her office?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)