|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsetting news does Mma Makutsi deliver to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) She is resigning her position.
(b) Another detective agency is opening across town.
(c) She has broken her leg.
(d) She has a terminal illness.
2. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
(c) child's catapult.
(d) BB gun.
3. Mma Makutsi thinks that most men do not want to learn ____________________.
(a) A foreign language.
(b) How to cook.
(c) Alongside women.
(d) Anything new.
4. Mma Makutsi is Mma Ramotswe's ____________________.
(b) best friend.
5. What is Mma Ramotswe's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Molefelo fell in love with a girl who was a _______________________.
2. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
3. Which business will repair the typewriters for Mma Makutsi's school?
4. To where has Mma Ramotswe moved her business?
5. What was the last name of the family with whom Mr. Molefelo lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
2. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
3. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
4. What does Mr. Molefelo tell Mma Ramotswe about his life in Gaborone as a student living with the Tsolamoseses?
5. What is the new business threat that complicates Mma Ramotswe's life?
6. Why is Mma Ramotswe happy that her assistant, Mma Makutsi has taken over Mr. Matekoni's business during his illness?
7. What does Mr. Matekoni encounter when he comes to Mma Ramotswe's home to water the vegetable plants?
8. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
9. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
10. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)