|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Maketoni's business?
(a) Maketoni Accounting Firm.
(b) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
(c) Maketoni and Pindu Attorneys at Law.
(d) Great Escape Travel Agency.
2. The youngest apprentice has become _____________________ lately.
(b) very ill.
(c) very evasive.
(d) quite religious.
3. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
(a) She does not feel well.
(b) She is teased about not having a mother.
(c) She hears gunfire at night.
(d) She is reaching puberty.
4. With what type of illness has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled?
5. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
(c) BB gun.
(d) child's catapult.
Short Answer Questions
1. This novel is the ________________ in a series of novels featuring Mma Ramotswe.
2. From where has Mma Ramotswe returned at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. Mr. Molefelo is a rich man who _________________________.
4. When Mr. Maketoni returns to work, Mma Ramotswe __________________________.
5. What is Mma Ramotswe's marital status?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Mr. Molefelo? What does he tell Mma Ramotswe when he comes to her office?
2. What has happened to Mr. Molefelo emotionally as a result of his being attacked?
3. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
4. What is the author's purpose for the first two chapters of the novel?
5. What is the premise of The Kalahari Typing School For Men?
6. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
7. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
8. For what reason does Mr. Molefelo now need Mma Ramotswe's services?
9. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's uncertainty regarding Mma Makutsi's typing school?
10. What does Mr. Matekoni encounter when he comes to Mma Ramotswe's home to water the vegetable plants?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)