|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
(a) She is reaching puberty.
(b) She is teased about not having a mother.
(c) She hears gunfire at night.
(d) She does not feel well.
2. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
(a) MLH Massoit.
(b) JLB Matekoni.
(c) CAH Pindu.
(d) PJ Brumbaugh.
3. Mma Makutsi thinks that most men do not want to learn ____________________.
(a) How to cook.
(b) Alongside women.
(c) Anything new.
(d) A foreign language.
4. The young garage apprentice asks Mma Makutsi, Mma Ramotswe, and Mr. Matekoni to _____________________.
(a) Watch him in a school play.
(b) Attend his birthday party.
(c) Watch him give a speech at church.
(d) Watch him play soccer.
5. Mr. Molefelo is a rich man who _________________________.
(a) Feels a need to make amends for a wrong he has done.
(b) Wants to establish a philanthropic foundation.
(c) Feels little regard for anyone but himself.
(d) Travels the world regularly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Molefelo fell in love with a girl who was a _______________________.
2. What does Mr. Matekoni become aware of at Mma Ramotswe's house?
3. Mma Ramotswe reassures Motholeli that _______________.
4. Which business will repair the typewriters for Mma Makutsi's school?
5. What are the terms of Mma Makutsi's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mma Ramotswe happy that her assistant, Mma Makutsi has taken over Mr. Matekoni's business during his illness?
2. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
3. For what reason does Mr. Molefelo now need Mma Ramotswe's services?
4. How does Mma Ramotswe reassure her foster daughter about her problem?
5. Why does the typewriter school seem to be a win-win situation for Mma Makutsi?
6. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
7. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
8. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
9. What is the new business threat that complicates Mma Ramotswe's life?
10. What is the premise of The Kalahari Typing School For Men?
This section contains 981 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)