|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe do to create a diversion at the church?
(a) Falls down the stairs.
(b) Spills coffee on the preacher.
(c) Has a coughing fit.
(d) Goes into a swoon.
2. How many foster children does Mma Ramotswe have?
3. In what city is Mma Ramotswe's business located?
4. Mma Ramotswe's thoughts turn to Mma Makutsi's _________________ struggles.
5. With whom is Mma Ramotswe speaking at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Mma Makutsi.
(b) Mr. Matekoni.
(c) Mr. Molefelo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
2. What does the person in #51 tell Mma Ramotswe?
3. How does Mma Ramotswe's foster son say he feels about Mr. Katekoni?
4. Mr. Buthelezi claims to have once worked for the _______________.
5. When did Mr. Molefelo come to the city in #74?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion does Mma Makutsi have for increasing sales at Mr. Matekoni's garage?
2. What does Mr. Matekoni encounter when he comes to Mma Ramotswe's home to water the vegetable plants?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
4. How does the author show that Mma Ramotswe is deeply concerned for her foster children?
5. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
6. What has happened to Mr. Molefelo emotionally as a result of his being attacked?
7. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
8. What is the one condition to which Mma Makutsi must agree in exchange for the typewriters?
9. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
10. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)