|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request does Mr. Molefelo ask of Mma Ramotswe?
(a) To find his missing son.
(b) To find his host family and former girlfriend.
(c) To locate his former business partner.
(d) To marry him.
2. What is Mma Ramotswe's first name?
3. Mma Ramotswe's thoughts turn to Mma Makutsi's _________________ struggles.
4. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Molefelo go to talk privately?
(a) Mma Ramotswe's office.
(b) A museum.
(c) They take a walk.
(d) A quiet cafe.
5. Mma Makutsi's new business is based on ________________________.
(a) Providing healthcare services.
(b) Selling leather bags.
(c) Creative cooking.
(d) Teaching men to type.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Makutsi thinks that most men do not want to learn ____________________.
2. Mr. Molefelo is a rich man who _________________________.
3. In what city is Mma Ramotswe's business located?
4. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
5. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Mr. Molefelo now need Mma Ramotswe's services?
2. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
3. What is the author's purpose for the first two chapters of the novel?
4. What is the premise of The Kalahari Typing School For Men?
5. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
6. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
7. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
8. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
9. Why does the typewriter school seem to be a win-win situation for Mma Makutsi?
10. Why does the author insert Mr. Molefelo's character into the story?
This section contains 879 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)