|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mma Ramotswe's marital status?
2. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi go in Chapter 5?
(a) The Accountant's office.
(b) The theater.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) The office.
3. How many apprentices work in the garage?
4. What is Mma Ramotswe looking to find for Mma Makutsi?
(a) A better job.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) An eligible bachelor.
(d) A new home.
5. What does Mr. Matekoni become aware of at Mma Ramotswe's house?
(b) A bird struggling in the garden.
(d) Food cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
2. How does Mma Ramotswe's foster son say he feels about Mr. Katekoni?
3. This novel is the ________________ in a series of novels featuring Mma Ramotswe.
4. For what does Mma Makutsi ask the person in #63?
5. What type of business does Mma Ramotswe run in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What suggestion does Mma Makutsi have for increasing sales at Mr. Matekoni's garage?
2. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
3. How does Mma Ramotswe reassure her foster daughter about her problem?
4. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
5. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
6. Why does the typewriter school seem to be a win-win situation for Mma Makutsi?
7. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
8. What is the new business threat that complicates Mma Ramotswe's life?
9. Why is Mma Ramotswe happy that her assistant, Mma Makutsi has taken over Mr. Matekoni's business during his illness?
10. What does Mr. Molefelo tell Mma Ramotswe about his life in Gaborone as a student living with the Tsolamoseses?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)