|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
(a) Give a large donation to the church.
(b) Take singing lessons.
(c) Give money to the poor.
(d) Confess their sins in front of the group.
2. How many apprentices work in the garage?
3. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
4. What is the name of Mr. Maketoni's business?
(a) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
(b) Great Escape Travel Agency.
(c) Maketoni Accounting Firm.
(d) Maketoni and Pindu Attorneys at Law.
5. This novel is the ________________ in a series of novels featuring Mma Ramotswe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Mma Ramotswe's offices been located?
2. Mr. Buthelezi claims to have once worked for the _______________.
3. Mma Ramotswe's thoughts turn to Mma Makutsi's _________________ struggles.
4. What does Mma think would be a profitable business?
5. The youngest apprentice has become _____________________ lately.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
2. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
3. What suggestion does Mma Makutsi have for increasing sales at Mr. Matekoni's garage?
4. What is the one condition to which Mma Makutsi must agree in exchange for the typewriters?
5. What is the premise of The Kalahari Typing School For Men?
6. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
7. What has happened to Mr. Molefelo emotionally as a result of his being attacked?
8. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
9. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
10. Why does the author insert Mr. Molefelo's character into the story?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)