|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
(a) Take singing lessons.
(b) Give a large donation to the church.
(c) Give money to the poor.
(d) Confess their sins in front of the group.
2. The young garage apprentice asks Mma Makutsi, Mma Ramotswe, and Mr. Matekoni to _____________________.
(a) Watch him play soccer.
(b) Watch him give a speech at church.
(c) Watch him in a school play.
(d) Attend his birthday party.
3. Mr. Molefelo fell in love with a girl who was a _______________________.
(a) Teaching student.
(d) Nursing student.
4. The youngest apprentice has become _____________________ lately.
(a) quite religious.
(c) very ill.
(d) very evasive.
5. What is the name of Mma Ramotswe's business?
(a) The CDI.
(b) Ramotswe's Detective Agency.
(c) The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.
(d) Botswana Detective Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many apprentices work in the garage?
2. How many foster children does Mma Ramotswe have?
3. What topic is most important for the person in #51 now?
4. What are the terms of Mma Makutsi's request?
5. Who has taken over Mr. Maketoni's business during his illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
2. What seems to be Mr. Molefelo's intention by contacting Mma Ramotswe?
3. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about a problem her foster daughter is struggling with?
4. What is the one condition to which Mma Makutsi must agree in exchange for the typewriters?
5. What is the nature of the newspaper article about Mr. Buthelezi?
6. What ultimatum does Mma Ramotswe give to Mr. Selelipeng?
7. Why is Mma Ramotswe happy that her assistant, Mma Makutsi has taken over Mr. Matekoni's business during his illness?
8. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo about how Tebogo now views her experience with him years ago?
9. What are other people's thoughts about the potential for success of Mma Makutsi's typing school?
10. What reason does Mr. Selelipeng tell Mma Makutsi that he can no longer see her? What is her response?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)