|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
(a) Her business.
(b) Her foster children.
(c) Local politics.
(d) Her personal finances.
2. Whom does Mma Makutsi call regarding her new business idea?
(a) The Chamber of Commerce.
(b) The Vice Principal at her old school.
(c) Her banker.
(d) Her ex-husband.
3. Mr. Matekoni believes _______is responsible for injuring the bird.
4. Mma Makutsi thinks that most men do not want to learn ____________________.
(a) A foreign language.
(b) Alongside women.
(c) Anything new.
(d) How to cook.
5. What consumes Mma Makutsi's thoughts in Chapter 2?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Losing weight.
(c) Ways to increase income.
(d) A new wardrobe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many foster children does Mma Ramotswe have?
2. Who tried to harm the person in #51?
3. What is the mood of Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter?
4. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
5. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's uncertainty regarding Mma Makutsi's typing school?
2. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
3. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
4. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
5. What are other people's thoughts about the potential for success of Mma Makutsi's typing school?
6. How does the author show that Mma Ramotswe is deeply concerned for her foster children?
7. What seems to be Mr. Molefelo's intention by contacting Mma Ramotswe?
8. What situation did Mr. Molefelo find himself in with his girlfriend at the time? Why did he steal an item from the Tsolamoseses?
9. Why does the author insert Mr. Molefelo's character into the story?
10. What is the one condition to which Mma Makutsi must agree in exchange for the typewriters?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)