|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Mr. Molefelo.
(b) Mr. Kaleb.
(c) Mr. Mandela.
(d) Mr. Matekoni.
2. What is Mma Ramotswe looking to find for Mma Makutsi?
(a) A new home.
(b) An eligible bachelor.
(c) A better job.
(d) A fur coat.
3. From where does Mma Makutsi draw most of her income?
(a) The state government.
(b) Her catering business.
(c) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
(d) Her ex-husband.
4. Mma Ramotswe is encouraged because ________________________.
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She approves of the people in government offices.
(c) She has found a great diet.
(d) She has a potential new client.
5. What was the last name of the family with whom Mr. Molefelo lived?
Short Answer Questions
1. How has the person in #51 escaped death?
2. Mr. Buthelezi claims to have once worked for the _______________.
3. With how many typewriters does Mma Makutsi plan to start her business?
4. Mma Makutsi's new business is based on ________________________.
5. Mr. Matekoni believes _______is responsible for injuring the bird.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the typewriter school seem to be a win-win situation for Mma Makutsi?
2. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's uncertainty regarding Mma Makutsi's typing school?
3. What consumes Mma Ramotswe's thoughts as the novel opens?
4. What seems to be Mr. Molefelo's intention by contacting Mma Ramotswe?
5. Why does the author insert Mr. Molefelo's character into the story?
6. What are other people's thoughts about the potential for success of Mma Makutsi's typing school?
7. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
8. What suggestion does Mma Makutsi have for increasing sales at Mr. Matekoni's garage?
9. What is the premise of The Kalahari Typing School For Men?
10. What situation did Mr. Molefelo find himself in with his girlfriend at the time? Why did he steal an item from the Tsolamoseses?
This section contains 940 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)