|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mma Makutsi think that Mr. Matekoni will not like the idea of the school?
(a) Staffing issues.
(b) The start up costs.
(c) The insurance costs.
(d) Advertising costs.
2. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
(a) PJ Brumbaugh.
(b) CAH Pindu.
(c) MLH Massoit.
(d) JLB Matekoni.
3. What is Mr. Matekoni's profession?
4. With whom is Mma Ramotswe speaking at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Mma Makutsi.
(b) Mr. Matekoni.
(c) Mr. Molefelo.
5. What is Mma Ramotswe looking to find for Mma Makutsi?
(a) A new home.
(b) A better job.
(c) An eligible bachelor.
(d) A fur coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. From which school had Mma Makutsi graduated?
2. Whom does Mma Makutsi call regarding her new business idea?
3. Mma Ramotswe is encouraged because ________________________.
4. What was the last name of the family with whom Mr. Molefelo lived?
5. For how long has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled with the illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What consumes Mma Ramotswe's thoughts as the novel opens?
2. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
3. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's uncertainty regarding Mma Makutsi's typing school?
4. What is the one condition to which Mma Makutsi must agree in exchange for the typewriters?
5. What has happened to Mr. Molefelo emotionally as a result of his being attacked?
6. Why is Mma Ramotswe happy that her assistant, Mma Makutsi has taken over Mr. Matekoni's business during his illness?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
8. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
9. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
10. Why does the author insert Mr. Molefelo's character into the story?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)