|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Molefelo is a rich man who _________________________.
(a) Feels little regard for anyone but himself.
(b) Feels a need to make amends for a wrong he has done.
(c) Travels the world regularly.
(d) Wants to establish a philanthropic foundation.
2. What topic is most important for the person in #51 now?
(a) How to mend family relationships.
(b) Everything he has done wrong in his life.
(c) Expansion of his business.
(d) Learning a foreign language.
3. Why did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy a plane ticket.
(c) To pay for his girlfriend's abortion.
(d) To buy drugs.
4. Mma Ramotswe is from which country?
5. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern for Mma Makutsi's business?
(a) She will be too tired all the time.
(b) She can get certification.
(c) She will find enough students.
(d) She will find a good location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
2. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
3. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
4. What is the name of a new business opening in town?
5. What is the mood of Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. For what reason does Mr. Molefelo now need Mma Ramotswe's services?
2. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
3. What is the author's purpose for the first two chapters of the novel?
4. What does Mr. Matekoni encounter when he comes to Mma Ramotswe's home to water the vegetable plants?
5. How does Mma Ramotswe reassure her foster daughter about her problem?
6. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
7. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
8. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
9. What are other people's thoughts about the potential for success of Mma Makutsi's typing school?
10. What has happened to Mr. Molefelo emotionally as a result of his being attacked?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)