|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of business does the person in #51 own?
(a) Ostrich farm.
(b) Accounting firm.
(c) Grocery store.
2. What consumes Mma Makutsi's thoughts in Chapter 2?
(a) Getting married.
(b) Ways to increase income.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) Losing weight.
3. With what type of illness has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled?
4. From where has Mma Ramotswe returned at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A concert.
5. Mma Makutsi is Mma Ramotswe's ____________________.
(d) best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Matekoni do when he arrives at Mma Ramotswe's home?
2. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
3. What did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter reveal to her?
5. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Matekoni encounter when he comes to Mma Ramotswe's home to water the vegetable plants?
2. What is the author's purpose for the first two chapters of the novel?
3. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
4. Describe Mr. Buthelezi. Why is he such a negative presence?
5. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
6. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
7. Why does the author insert Mr. Molefelo's character into the story?
8. For what reason does Mr. Molefelo now need Mma Ramotswe's services?
9. Who is Mr. Molefelo? What does he tell Mma Ramotswe when he comes to her office?
10. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about a problem her foster daughter is struggling with?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)