|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has taken over Mr. Maketoni's business during his illness?
(a) Mma Abam.
(b) Mma Ramotswe.
(c) Mma Pindu.
(d) Mma Makutsi.
2. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
(a) She hopes it fails.
(b) She pays no attention to it.
(c) She is threatened by it.
(d) She welcomes the competition.
3. What topic is most important for the person in #51 now?
(a) Learning a foreign language.
(b) Expansion of his business.
(c) Everything he has done wrong in his life.
(d) How to mend family relationships.
4. What are the terms of Mma Makutsi's request?
(a) She must allow silent partners.
(b) She must create a plaque to be hung in the lobby.
(c) She must re-pay the money in two years.
(d) She must return to the school to speak to students.
5. Where had Mma Ramotswe's offices been located?
(a) In a strip mall.
(b) In a townhouse.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Matekoni do when he arrives at Mma Ramotswe's home?
2. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern for Mma Makutsi's business?
3. What is Mma Ramotswe's first name?
4. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
5. Mr. Buthelezi claims to have once worked for the _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's uncertainty regarding Mma Makutsi's typing school?
2. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
3. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
4. For what reason does Mr. Molefelo now need Mma Ramotswe's services?
5. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
6. What is the author's purpose for the first two chapters of the novel?
7. What does Mma Ramotswe think is the answer to Mma Makutsi's financial struggles?
8. What consumes Mma Ramotswe's thoughts as the novel opens?
9. What are the two sources of conflict that will run throughout the novel?
10. Why does the typewriter school seem to be a win-win situation for Mma Makutsi?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)