|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mma Ramotswe's marital status?
2. What consumes Mma Makutsi's thoughts in Chapter 2?
(a) A new wardrobe.
(b) Losing weight.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Ways to increase income.
3. What is Mma Ramotswe's first name?
4. From where does Mma Makutsi draw most of her income?
(a) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
(b) The state government.
(c) Her catering business.
(d) Her ex-husband.
5. Who tried to harm the person in #51?
(a) Ostrich wranglers.
(b) An escaped convict.
(c) A family member.
(d) Gang members.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Buthelezi claims to have once worked for the _______________.
2. What is the state of Mma Ramotswe's business since she moved it?
3. What is the Botswana police agency?
4. With whom is Mma Ramotswe speaking at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What upsetting news does Mma Makutsi deliver to Mma Ramotswe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
2. What consumes Mma Ramotswe's thoughts as the novel opens?
3. How does Puso react when he is confronted with harming the bird?
4. Why is Mma Ramotswe happy that her assistant, Mma Makutsi has taken over Mr. Matekoni's business during his illness?
5. What is the one condition to which Mma Makutsi must agree in exchange for the typewriters?
6. What is the new business threat that complicates Mma Ramotswe's life?
7. How does Mma Ramotswe reassure her foster daughter about her problem?
8. How does Mma Makutsi arrive at the idea for her typing school?
9. Why does the typewriter school seem to be a win-win situation for Mma Makutsi?
10. Why does Mma Ramotswe find it necessary to create a diversion at the church service?
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)