|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Matekoni do when he arrives at Mma Ramotswe's home?
(a) Kisses her hello.
(b) Lights the fire.
(c) Waters the vegetables.
(d) Fixes dinner.
2. When Mr. Maketoni returns to work, Mma Ramotswe __________________________.
(a) wants to get married.
(b) hopes things will get better.
(c) wants to close her business.
(d) wants to grow her business.
3. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
4. What topic is most important for the person in #51 now?
(a) Expansion of his business.
(b) Learning a foreign language.
(c) How to mend family relationships.
(d) Everything he has done wrong in his life.
5. The owner of the new business claims to have once lived in _____________________.
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of business does the person in #51 own?
2. Mr. Buthelezi is described as a _______________ man.
3. What does Mr. Matekoni become aware of at Mma Ramotswe's house?
4. It is _____________ that Mma Ramotswe has reservations about Mma Makutsi's new business.
5. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the premise of The Kalahari Typing School For Men?
2. What is the irony of Mma Ramotswe's uncertainty regarding Mma Makutsi's typing school?
3. What does Mr. Molefelo tell Mma Ramotswe about his life in Gaborone as a student living with the Tsolamoseses?
4. What seems to be Mr. Molefelo's intention by contacting Mma Ramotswe?
5. How does the author show that Mma Ramotswe is deeply concerned for her foster children?
6. What has happened to Mr. Molefelo emotionally as a result of his being attacked?
7. What situation did Mr. Molefelo find himself in with his girlfriend at the time? Why did he steal an item from the Tsolamoseses?
8. Why is the visit to the new detective agency so insulting to Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi?
9. How does Mma Makutsi obtain the typewriters necessary for her typing school?
10. What is the difficulty that Mma Ramotswe faces now that affects both her personal and business lives?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)