|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that Tebogo wants from him now?
(a) Tebogo wants a formal apology.
(b) Tebogo wants interest on the loan.
(c) Tebogo wants nothing from him.
(d) Tebogo wants to meet with him.
2. Why does Mma Tsolamosese accept the gift in #157?
(a) She has always wanted to see the world.
(b) She can spend it on her dying grandchild.
(c) She needs reliable transportation.
(d) She wants jewels to hand down to her grandchildren.
3. Why does Mma Ramotswe telephone a prison in Chapter 9?
(a) To voice her objection to prison reform.
(b) To ask about a speaker for a meeting.
(c) To inquire about a former client.
(d) To get leads on Mr. Tsolamosese.
4. Who brings Mma Tsolamosese to see Mr. Molefelo?
(b) The older apprentice.
(c) Mma Makutsi.
(d) Mr. Matekoni.
5. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Matekoni go in Chapter 13?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The orphan farm.
(c) The meat market.
(d) The typing school.
6. Whom does Mma Ramotswe visit in the village?
(a) A psychic.
(b) Her sister.
(c) Her mother.
(d) An old friend.
7. Where does Mma Ramotswe find Tebogo?
(a) At a club meeting.
(b) On the internet.
(c) At a house across from her friend's house.
(d) In a cafe.
8. Where does Mr. Matekoni take Puso that night?
(a) The beach.
(b) For a drive.
(c) The video arcade.
(d) The movies.
9. Mr. Molefelo's girlfriend did not earn her ______________________.
(a) Undergrad degree.
(b) Nursing license.
(c) Master's degree.
10. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mr. Tsolamosese?
(a) He is retired.
(b) He is an artist now.
(c) He has moved to New York.
(d) He died several years ago.
11. How does Mr. Molefelo feel when Mma Tsolamosese accepts the gift in #157?
(a) He is shy.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is apprehensive.
(d) He is happy.
12. How does Mma Makutsi advertise her new typing school?
(a) A newspaper ad.
(b) A blog.
(c) A flyer.
(d) A poster.
13. What is Mma Potowani's advice to Mma Ramotswe regarding Puso?
(a) He needs to be in elevated classes.
(b) He needs to spend more time with Mr. Matekoni.
(c) He should be sent to reform school.
(d) His artistic talents should be encouraged.
14. Mma Makutsi has enough students for how many classes?
15. What form of retribution does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo make to Tebogo?
(a) Publish a formal apology.
(b) Explain the situation to her parents.
(c) Pay her a set fee.
(d) Pay her daughter's tuition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What new equipment has Mr. Matekoni had installed at the shop?
2. Where does Mma Makutsi go on her date?
3. Where does Mma Makutsi go on her second date with Mr. Selelipeng?
4. Mma Tsolamosese lives near _______________________.
5. How does Mr. Buthelezi try to run Mma Ramotswe out of business?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)