|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the woman's husband tell his wife that he is when she cannot reach him in the evenings?
2. Mma Makutsi's class is progressing quickly and she decides to end it _________________ earlier than expected.
(a) One hour.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
3. Mr. Molefelo's girlfriend did not earn her ______________________.
(a) Undergrad degree.
(b) Nursing license.
(d) Master's degree.
4. What does Mma Ramotswe tell Mr. Molefelo that Tebogo wants from him now?
(a) Tebogo wants nothing from him.
(b) Tebogo wants interest on the loan.
(c) Tebogo wants to meet with him.
(d) Tebogo wants a formal apology.
5. What form of retribution does Mma Ramotswe suggest that Mr. Molefelo make to Tebogo?
(a) Pay her a set fee.
(b) Publish a formal apology.
(c) Pay her daughter's tuition.
(d) Explain the situation to her parents.
6. What disease is killing Mma Tsolamosese's granddaughter?
(c) Cystic Fibrosis.
7. Mrs. Tsolamosese lives near the village of _________________.
8. What happens to Mma Ramotswe's car on her way home in Chapter 16?
(a) It overheats.
(b) It throws a rod.
(c) It runs out of gas.
(d) It has a flat tire.
9. How does Mma Makutsi advertise her new typing school?
(a) A flyer.
(b) A blog.
(c) A poster.
(d) A newspaper ad.
10. Who manages the establishment in #115?
(a) Mma Bengali.
(b) Mma Ramotswe.
(c) Mma Mandela.
(d) Mma Potowani.
11. What is the name of the woman client?
(a) Mma Selelipeng.
(b) Mma Osu.
(c) Mma Goethe.
(d) Mma Francis.
12. How does Mma Makutsi feel about the man in #119 after their date?
(a) She has fallen in love.
(b) She likes everything about him.
(c) She despises him.
(d) She is cautiously optimistic.
13. Whom has Mma Tsolamosese taken into her home?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Two grandchildren.
(c) A nephew.
(d) Her sister.
14. What is the topic of the piece in #127?
(a) He runs down the women's agency.
(b) He is running for political office.
(c) He is expanding his business.
(d) He is relocating his business.
15. How does Mr. Buthelezi try to run Mma Ramotswe out of business?
(a) By disparaging her gender.
(b) By blackmailing her.
(c) By lowballing his prices.
(d) By spreading rumors about her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mma Ramotswe go in Chapter 17?
2. Whom does Mma Ramotswe call for automotive help?
3. Why is Mma Tsolamosese especially sad about her toddler granddaughter?
4. Where does Mma Ramotswe find Tebogo?
5. Where does the woman in #130 work?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)