|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mma Makutsi asks her class to type essays about _____________________.
(a) Their summer vacation.
(b) What is most important in the writer's life.
(c) Their childhood.
(d) Their profession.
2. Whom has Mma Tsolamosese taken into her home?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A nephew.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Two grandchildren.
3. Where does Mr. Matekoni take Puso that night?
(a) For a drive.
(b) The video arcade.
(c) The beach.
(d) The movies.
4. Mma Ramotswe can be characterized as being smart, practical and __________________.
5. An anonymous essay includes a confession about _______________________.
(b) A crush on Mma Makutsi.
(c) A murder.
(d) A theft.
6. Mma Ramotswe gets a new female client who ____________________________.
(a) Has not been happy with Mr. Buthelezi's services.
(b) Has had an affair with Mr. Buthelezi.
(c) Pays up front.
(d) Travels from America.
7. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Matekoni go in Chapter 13?
(a) The typing school.
(b) The orphan farm.
(c) The meat market.
(d) A restaurant.
8. What does Mma Ramotswe learn about Mr. Tsolamosese?
(a) He is retired.
(b) He is an artist now.
(c) He died several years ago.
(d) He has moved to New York.
9. Why is Mma Tsolamosese especially sad about her toddler granddaughter?
(a) She has a growth disease.
(b) She will most likely not survive past childhood.
(c) She has a heart condition.
(d) She has learning disabilities.
10. What is the name of the woman client?
(a) Mma Goethe.
(b) Mma Francis.
(c) Mma Selelipeng.
(d) Mma Osu.
11. How many years has it been since Mma Tsolamosese has seen Mr. Molefelo?
12. How does Mr. Buthelezi try to run Mma Ramotswe out of business?
(a) By disparaging her gender.
(b) By lowballing his prices.
(c) By blackmailing her.
(d) By spreading rumors about her.
13. How does Mma Makutsi advertise her new typing school?
(a) A newspaper ad.
(b) A poster.
(c) A flyer.
(d) A blog.
14. Why does Mma Tsolamosese accept the gift in #157?
(a) She can spend it on her dying grandchild.
(b) She needs reliable transportation.
(c) She wants jewels to hand down to her grandchildren.
(d) She has always wanted to see the world.
15. Mma Makutsi has enough students for how many classes?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who manages the establishment in #115?
2. The man in #119 lives in a flat near _____________________.
3. Who is the student with whom Mma Makutsi goes on a date?
4. Why does Mma Ramotswe go to the town in #145?
5. What happens at the garage in response to the younger apprentice's prayers?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)