|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is _____________ that Mma Ramotswe has reservations about Mma Makutsi's new business.
2. What is Mma Ramotswe looking to find for Mma Makutsi?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A better job.
(c) An eligible bachelor.
(d) A new home.
3. What does the person in #51 tell Mma Ramotswe?
(a) He is ready to get married.
(b) He has been expelled from school.
(c) He was recently held at gunpoint.
(d) She needs some new clothes.
4. What upsetting news does Mma Makutsi deliver to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Another detective agency is opening across town.
(b) She is resigning her position.
(c) She has broken her leg.
(d) She has a terminal illness.
5. From where has Mma Ramotswe returned at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A concert.
6. What is the name of Mr. Maketoni's business?
(a) Maketoni Accounting Firm.
(b) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
(c) Great Escape Travel Agency.
(d) Maketoni and Pindu Attorneys at Law.
7. What is the name of a new business opening in town?
(a) Bubbles and Bow-Wows Dog Bath.
(b) The Satisfaction Guaranteed Detective Agency.
(c) We Have Designs on You Interior Design.
(d) Festivities Catering Business.
8. For what does Mma Makutsi ask the person in #63?
(a) A loan.
(b) A business plan.
(c) Business connections.
9. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
(a) Take singing lessons.
(b) Give a large donation to the church.
(c) Confess their sins in front of the group.
(d) Give money to the poor.
10. Who comes to speak to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Her foster child.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) A stranger.
(d) An old friend.
11. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
12. What does Mr. Matekoni do when he arrives at Mma Ramotswe's home?
(a) Waters the vegetables.
(b) Kisses her hello.
(c) Lights the fire.
(d) Fixes dinner.
13. With how many typewriters does Mma Makutsi plan to start her business?
14. What has Mma Makutsi been thinking of since the beginning of the novel?
(a) Moving to New York.
(b) New business ideas.
(c) Her children.
(d) Getting married again.
15. Who tried to harm the person in #51?
(a) An escaped convict.
(b) Gang members.
(c) A family member.
(d) Ostrich wranglers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern for Mma Makutsi's business?
2. Mma Ramotswe is from which country?
3. When did Mr. Molefelo come to the city in #74?
4. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
5. What is the name of Mma Ramotswe's business?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)