|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Mr. Matekoni.
(b) Mr. Molefelo.
(c) Mr. Kaleb.
(d) Mr. Mandela.
2. Mma Makutsi thinks that most men do not want to learn ____________________.
(a) A foreign language.
(b) How to cook.
(c) Alongside women.
(d) Anything new.
3. With what type of illness has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled?
4. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
(a) She is threatened by it.
(b) She hopes it fails.
(c) She pays no attention to it.
(d) She welcomes the competition.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe do to create a diversion at the church?
(a) Has a coughing fit.
(b) Goes into a swoon.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Spills coffee on the preacher.
6. What does Mma Ramotske think Mma Makutsi should do at this point in her life?
(b) Marry a man with money.
(c) Go back to college.
7. Mma Makutsi is Mma Ramotswe's ____________________.
(d) best friend.
8. With how many typewriters does Mma Makutsi plan to start her business?
9. From where has Mma Ramotswe returned at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) A concert.
10. Mma Makutsi thinks about all the men who do not know how to __________________.
(b) Speak French.
(d) Tie a tie.
11. From where does Mma Makutsi draw most of her income?
(a) The state government.
(b) Her catering business.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
12. It is _____________ that Mma Ramotswe has reservations about Mma Makutsi's new business.
13. What topic is most important for the person in #51 now?
(a) Everything he has done wrong in his life.
(b) Expansion of his business.
(c) Learning a foreign language.
(d) How to mend family relationships.
14. For what does Mma Makutsi ask the person in #63?
(b) A loan.
(c) A business plan.
(d) Business connections.
15. What is Mma Ramotswe's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The youngest apprentice has become _____________________ lately.
2. Who tried to harm the person in #51?
3. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
4. This novel is the ________________ in a series of novels featuring Mma Ramotswe.
5. Mma Ramotswe is from which country?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)