|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the owner of the new business across town?
(a) Mr. Mandela.
(b) Mr. Kaleb.
(c) Mr. Noori.
(d) Mr. Buthelezi.
2. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
(a) She is teased about not having a mother.
(b) She hears gunfire at night.
(c) She is reaching puberty.
(d) She does not feel well.
3. How many foster children does Mma Ramotswe have?
4. Mma Ramotswe is encouraged because ________________________.
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She has found a great diet.
(c) She approves of the people in government offices.
(d) She has a potential new client.
5. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
6. What are the terms of Mma Makutsi's request?
(a) She must return to the school to speak to students.
(b) She must allow silent partners.
(c) She must create a plaque to be hung in the lobby.
(d) She must re-pay the money in two years.
7. Why did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
(a) To buy food.
(b) To buy drugs.
(c) To pay for his girlfriend's abortion.
(d) To buy a plane ticket.
8. With how many typewriters does Mma Makutsi plan to start her business?
9. Mma Ramotswe reassures Motholeli that _______________.
(a) She has a higher calling.
(b) She is more beautiful than the other girls.
(c) She will travel the world.
(d) She will be a mother to her.
10. Mma Ramotswe is from which country?
11. The man in the family worked as a _____________________.
(a) Prison guard.
12. Mma Makutsi thinks about all the men who do not know how to __________________.
(a) Speak French.
(b) Tie a tie.
13. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mma Makutsi go in Chapter 5?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The office.
(c) The theater.
(d) The Accountant's office.
14. Mma Makutsi is Mma Ramotswe's ____________________.
(b) best friend.
15. What does Mma think would be a profitable business?
(a) Selling baked goods.
(b) Designing clothes.
(c) Tutoring high school kids.
(d) Teaching men to type.
Short Answer Questions
1. What consumes Mma Makutsi's thoughts in Chapter 2?
2. Mr. Molefelo had told his girlfriend that he did not want a ____________________.
3. At one point, Mr. Molefelo lived with a _______________.
4. The owner of the new business insults Mma Ramotswe by ___________________________.
5. When Mr. Maketoni returns to work, Mma Ramotswe __________________________.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)