|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Molefelo fell in love with a girl who was a _______________________.
(a) Teaching student.
(b) Nursing student.
2. Whom does Mma Makutsi call regarding her new business idea?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) The Chamber of Commerce.
(c) The Vice Principal at her old school.
(d) Her banker.
3. What is Mma Ramotswe looking to find for Mma Makutsi?
(a) An eligible bachelor.
(b) A new home.
(c) A better job.
(d) A fur coat.
4. The owner of the new business insults Mma Ramotswe by ___________________________.
(a) Ridiculing the idea that anyone would hire a woman to do a man's work.
(b) Telling her that she is too old to do detective work.
(c) Telling her that she is overweight.
(d) Saying that she does not have a professional demeanor.
5. What is the name of Mma Ramotswe's business?
(a) Ramotswe's Detective Agency.
(b) Botswana Detective Service.
(c) The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency.
(d) The CDI.
6. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
(a) CAH Pindu.
(b) MLH Massoit.
(c) JLB Matekoni.
(d) PJ Brumbaugh.
7. What does Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter reveal to her?
(a) She is in love.
(b) The kids at school have been teasing her.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is frightened.
8. For how long has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled with the illness?
(a) Ten years.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) A few days.
(d) A few months.
9. Who is the owner of the new business across town?
(a) Mr. Mandela.
(b) Mr. Noori.
(c) Mr. Buthelezi.
(d) Mr. Kaleb.
10. Who tried to harm the person in #51?
(a) An escaped convict.
(b) Gang members.
(c) A family member.
(d) Ostrich wranglers.
11. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
12. What upsetting news does Mma Makutsi deliver to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) She has broken her leg.
(b) Another detective agency is opening across town.
(c) She has a terminal illness.
(d) She is resigning her position.
13. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
(a) She does not feel well.
(b) She is teased about not having a mother.
(c) She hears gunfire at night.
(d) She is reaching puberty.
14. The owner of the new business claims to have once lived in _____________________.
(b) New York.
15. What did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
(a) A radio.
(b) A car.
(d) Rare books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern for Mma Makutsi's business?
2. Mr. Molefelo had told his girlfriend that he did not want a ____________________.
3. What are the terms of Mma Makutsi's request?
4. What has Mma Makutsi been thinking of since the beginning of the novel?
5. With whom is Mma Ramotswe speaking at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)