|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mr. Maketoni's business?
(a) Maketoni Accounting Firm.
(b) Great Escape Travel Agency.
(c) Maketoni and Pindu Attorneys at Law.
(d) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
2. What does the person in #51 tell Mma Ramotswe?
(a) He was recently held at gunpoint.
(b) He is ready to get married.
(c) He has been expelled from school.
(d) She needs some new clothes.
3. What does Mma Ramotswe do to create a diversion at the church?
(a) Goes into a swoon.
(b) Has a coughing fit.
(c) Falls down the stairs.
(d) Spills coffee on the preacher.
4. Mma Makutsi's new business is based on ________________________.
(a) Selling leather bags.
(b) Teaching men to type.
(c) Creative cooking.
(d) Providing healthcare services.
5. When Mr. Maketoni returns to work, Mma Ramotswe __________________________.
(a) wants to grow her business.
(b) wants to close her business.
(c) hopes things will get better.
(d) wants to get married.
6. With whom is Mma Ramotswe speaking at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Molefelo.
(c) Mr. Matekoni.
(d) Mma Makutsi.
7. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
8. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
(b) BB gun.
(c) child's catapult.
9. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
(a) She hopes it fails.
(b) She is threatened by it.
(c) She pays no attention to it.
(d) She welcomes the competition.
10. What is Mr. Matekoni's profession?
11. How does Mma Ramotswe's foster son say he feels about Mr. Katekoni?
(a) He tolerates him.
(b) He loves him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He is leery of him.
12. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
(a) CAH Pindu.
(b) MLH Massoit.
(c) JLB Matekoni.
(d) PJ Brumbaugh.
13. What request does Mr. Molefelo ask of Mma Ramotswe?
(a) To locate his former business partner.
(b) To marry him.
(c) To find his host family and former girlfriend.
(d) To find his missing son.
14. What is the name of a new business opening in town?
(a) The Satisfaction Guaranteed Detective Agency.
(b) Festivities Catering Business.
(c) Bubbles and Bow-Wows Dog Bath.
(d) We Have Designs on You Interior Design.
15. What has Mma Makutsi been thinking of since the beginning of the novel?
(a) Moving to New York.
(b) Her children.
(c) New business ideas.
(d) Getting married again.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is Mma Ramotswe's business located?
2. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
3. Which business will repair the typewriters for Mma Makutsi's school?
4. Who is the owner of the new business across town?
5. Mma Ramotswe is encouraged because ________________________.
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)