|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to speak to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) An old friend.
(b) Her neighbor.
(c) A stranger.
(d) Her foster child.
2. Mr. Matekoni believes _______is responsible for injuring the bird.
3. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
(a) Her foster children.
(b) Her personal finances.
(c) Her business.
(d) Local politics.
4. The owner of the new business insults Mma Ramotswe by ___________________________.
(a) Telling her that she is too old to do detective work.
(b) Telling her that she is overweight.
(c) Saying that she does not have a professional demeanor.
(d) Ridiculing the idea that anyone would hire a woman to do a man's work.
5. Mr. Molefelo had told his girlfriend that he did not want a ____________________.
(c) Used car.
6. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
7. Mma Makutsi thinks that most men do not want to learn ____________________.
(a) Anything new.
(b) Alongside women.
(c) A foreign language.
(d) How to cook.
8. What are the terms of Mma Makutsi's request?
(a) She must allow silent partners.
(b) She must return to the school to speak to students.
(c) She must re-pay the money in two years.
(d) She must create a plaque to be hung in the lobby.
9. What is Mr. Matekoni's profession?
10. From where has Mma Ramotswe returned at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(b) A concert.
11. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Molefelo go to talk privately?
(a) A quiet cafe.
(b) A museum.
(c) They take a walk.
(d) Mma Ramotswe's office.
12. What type of business does Mma Ramotswe run in the novel?
(a) Interior Design Company.
(b) Employment Agency.
(c) Catering Company.
(d) Private Detective Agency.
13. Why does Mma Makutsi think that Mr. Matekoni will not like the idea of the school?
(a) The start up costs.
(b) Advertising costs.
(c) The insurance costs.
(d) Staffing issues.
14. What has Mma Makutsi been thinking of since the beginning of the novel?
(a) New business ideas.
(b) Getting married again.
(c) Her children.
(d) Moving to New York.
15. With whom is Mma Ramotswe speaking at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Mr. Molefelo.
(b) Mma Makutsi.
(c) Mr. Matekoni.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Ramotswe is from which country?
2. Who is the owner of the new business across town?
3. What is the mood of Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter?
4. What type of business does the person in #51 own?
5. What is Mma Ramotswe's marital status?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)