|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled with the illness?
(a) A few months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A few days.
(d) A couple of weeks.
2. From where does Mma Makutsi draw most of her income?
(a) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Her catering business.
(d) The state government.
3. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
(a) Confess their sins in front of the group.
(b) Give a large donation to the church.
(c) Take singing lessons.
(d) Give money to the poor.
4. What does the person in #51 tell Mma Ramotswe?
(a) He was recently held at gunpoint.
(b) He has been expelled from school.
(c) He is ready to get married.
(d) She needs some new clothes.
5. It is _____________ that Mma Ramotswe has reservations about Mma Makutsi's new business.
6. When did Mr. Molefelo come to the city in #74?
(a) When he retired.
(b) When he got married.
(c) When he was a student.
(d) When he graduated.
7. What is Mma Ramotswe's first name?
8. Which business will repair the typewriters for Mma Makutsi's school?
(a) Click Clack Typewriter Repair.
(b) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
(c) Judy's Typewriter Repair.
(d) Botswana Office Repair Company.
9. Mma Makutsi thinks about all the men who do not know how to __________________.
(b) Speak French.
(d) Tie a tie.
10. From which school had Mma Makutsi graduated?
(a) Kaplan University.
(b) Cleary Secretarial College.
(c) Rhodesian Girls College.
(d) The Botswana Secretarial School.
11. Why does Mma Makutsi think that Mr. Matekoni will not like the idea of the school?
(a) Advertising costs.
(b) The insurance costs.
(c) The start up costs.
(d) Staffing issues.
12. How does Mma Ramotswe's foster son say he feels about Mr. Katekoni?
(a) He tolerates him.
(b) He is leery of him.
(c) He hates him.
(d) He loves him.
13. This novel is the ________________ in a series of novels featuring Mma Ramotswe.
14. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
(a) She hopes it fails.
(b) She pays no attention to it.
(c) She is threatened by it.
(d) She welcomes the competition.
15. What does Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter reveal to her?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is in love.
(c) The kids at school have been teasing her.
(d) She is frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many foster children does Mma Ramotswe have?
2. Where had Mma Ramotswe's offices been located?
3. From where has Mma Ramotswe returned at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. What is Mma Ramotswe looking to find for Mma Makutsi?
5. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)