|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
(b) Rare books.
(c) A radio.
(d) A car.
2. What is Mma Ramotswe looking to find for Mma Makutsi?
(a) A new home.
(b) An eligible bachelor.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A better job.
3. What type of letter does Mma Makutsi write in Chapter 6?
(a) Introductory letter.
(b) Sales letter.
(c) Apology letter.
(d) Collection letter.
4. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
(a) She hopes it fails.
(b) She pays no attention to it.
(c) She welcomes the competition.
(d) She is threatened by it.
5. In what city is Mma Ramotswe's business located?
6. Mma Ramotswe is from which country?
7. What request does Mr. Molefelo ask of Mma Ramotswe?
(a) To find his missing son.
(b) To find his host family and former girlfriend.
(c) To locate his former business partner.
(d) To marry him.
8. Who comes to speak to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Her neighbor.
(b) Her foster child.
(c) A stranger.
(d) An old friend.
9. For what does Mma Makutsi ask the person in #63?
(a) A loan.
(b) Business connections.
(c) A business plan.
10. Mma Makutsi thinks about all the men who do not know how to __________________.
(c) Tie a tie.
(d) Speak French.
11. Mr. Molefelo is a rich man who _________________________.
(a) Feels little regard for anyone but himself.
(b) Travels the world regularly.
(c) Wants to establish a philanthropic foundation.
(d) Feels a need to make amends for a wrong he has done.
12. The owner of the new business insults Mma Ramotswe by ___________________________.
(a) Saying that she does not have a professional demeanor.
(b) Telling her that she is too old to do detective work.
(c) Telling her that she is overweight.
(d) Ridiculing the idea that anyone would hire a woman to do a man's work.
13. The youngest apprentice has become _____________________ lately.
(a) very ill.
(c) quite religious.
(d) very evasive.
14. What does Mr. Matekoni become aware of at Mma Ramotswe's house?
(b) A bird struggling in the garden.
(d) Food cooking.
15. What does Mma think would be a profitable business?
(a) Designing clothes.
(b) Tutoring high school kids.
(c) Selling baked goods.
(d) Teaching men to type.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Maketoni returns to work, Mma Ramotswe __________________________.
2. Mr. Matekoni believes _______is responsible for injuring the bird.
3. It is _____________ that Mma Ramotswe has reservations about Mma Makutsi's new business.
4. The young garage apprentice asks Mma Makutsi, Mma Ramotswe, and Mr. Matekoni to _____________________.
5. Who was Mr. Molefelo's girlfriend when he was a student?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)