|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Mma Makutsi been thinking of since the beginning of the novel?
(a) Moving to New York.
(b) Getting married again.
(c) New business ideas.
(d) Her children.
2. Who has taken over Mr. Maketoni's business during his illness?
(a) Mma Pindu.
(b) Mma Ramotswe.
(c) Mma Abam.
(d) Mma Makutsi.
3. Mr. Matekoni believes _______is responsible for injuring the bird.
4. For how long has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled with the illness?
(a) A few days.
(b) A couple of weeks.
(c) A few months.
(d) Ten years.
5. What type of letter does Mma Makutsi write in Chapter 6?
(a) Sales letter.
(b) Apology letter.
(c) Collection letter.
(d) Introductory letter.
6. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
(a) She pays no attention to it.
(b) She is threatened by it.
(c) She hopes it fails.
(d) She welcomes the competition.
7. Mr. Molefelo fell in love with a girl who was a _______________________.
(a) Teaching student.
(c) Nursing student.
8. The owner of the new business claims to have once lived in _____________________.
(d) New York.
9. Mma Ramotswe is from which country?
10. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
(a) She hears gunfire at night.
(b) She is reaching puberty.
(c) She is teased about not having a mother.
(d) She does not feel well.
11. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
(a) Local politics.
(b) Her business.
(c) Her foster children.
(d) Her personal finances.
12. What type of business does the person in #51 own?
(a) Accounting firm.
(b) Ostrich farm.
(d) Grocery store.
13. Why did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
(a) To buy drugs.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To buy a plane ticket.
(d) To pay for his girlfriend's abortion.
14. What task does Mma Makutsi do in the office in Chapter 6?
(a) Pays bills for Mr. Matekoni's business.
(b) Types a stack of letters.
(c) Answers the telephone.
(d) Sets appointments for Mma Ramotswe.
15. What does Mr. Matekoni do when he arrives at Mma Ramotswe's home?
(a) Waters the vegetables.
(b) Fixes dinner.
(c) Kisses her hello.
(d) Lights the fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which business will repair the typewriters for Mma Makutsi's school?
2. What does Mma Ramotswe do to create a diversion at the church?
3. What type of business does Mma Ramotswe run in the novel?
4. How many foster children does Mma Ramotswe have?
5. When did Mr. Molefelo come to the city in #74?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)