|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city is Mma Ramotswe's business located?
2. Where had Mma Ramotswe's offices been located?
(a) In a strip mall.
(b) In her home.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In a townhouse.
3. What does Mma Ramotske think Mma Makutsi should do at this point in her life?
(a) Marry a man with money.
(b) Go back to college.
4. What does Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter reveal to her?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She is in love.
(d) The kids at school have been teasing her.
5. What type of business does Mma Ramotswe run in the novel?
(a) Catering Company.
(b) Private Detective Agency.
(c) Employment Agency.
(d) Interior Design Company.
6. What is the name of the person who comes to see Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Mr. Mandela.
(b) Mr. Kaleb.
(c) Mr. Molefelo.
(d) Mr. Matekoni.
7. For what does Mma Makutsi ask the person in #63?
(a) A loan.
(b) A business plan.
(c) Business connections.
8. Mma Makutsi suggests that two apprentices in the garage open what type of school?
(b) Adult Education.
9. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
(a) She pays no attention to it.
(b) She hopes it fails.
(c) She is threatened by it.
(d) She welcomes the competition.
10. Mma Makutsi is Mma Ramotswe's ____________________.
(a) best friend.
11. What does Mma think would be a profitable business?
(a) Selling baked goods.
(b) Designing clothes.
(c) Teaching men to type.
(d) Tutoring high school kids.
12. What is the mood of Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter?
13. What has Mma Makutsi been thinking of since the beginning of the novel?
(a) Getting married again.
(b) Moving to New York.
(c) Her children.
(d) New business ideas.
14. The owner of the new business insults Mma Ramotswe by ___________________________.
(a) Ridiculing the idea that anyone would hire a woman to do a man's work.
(b) Telling her that she is overweight.
(c) Telling her that she is too old to do detective work.
(d) Saying that she does not have a professional demeanor.
15. Who has taken over Mr. Maketoni's business during his illness?
(a) Mma Makutsi.
(b) Mma Ramotswe.
(c) Mma Pindu.
(d) Mma Abam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
2. What is the name of Mma Ramotswe's business?
3. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
4. What type of letter does Mma Makutsi write in Chapter 6?
5. What was the last name of the family with whom Mr. Molefelo lived?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)