|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The owner of the new business insults Mma Ramotswe by ___________________________.
(a) Saying that she does not have a professional demeanor.
(b) Telling her that she is too old to do detective work.
(c) Telling her that she is overweight.
(d) Ridiculing the idea that anyone would hire a woman to do a man's work.
2. What is Mma Ramotswe's first name?
3. Mma Makutsi thinks about all the men who do not know how to __________________.
(a) Tie a tie.
(c) Speak French.
4. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
5. For what does Mma Makutsi ask the person in #63?
(a) A business plan.
(b) Business connections.
(c) A loan.
6. What is the state of Mma Ramotswe's business since she moved it?
(a) It is holding its own.
(b) It has closed.
(c) It is suffering.
(d) It is thriving.
7. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Molefelo go to talk privately?
(a) They take a walk.
(b) Mma Ramotswe's office.
(c) A museum.
(d) A quiet cafe.
8. How does Mma Ramotswe's foster son say he feels about Mr. Katekoni?
(a) He loves him.
(b) He hates him.
(c) He is leery of him.
(d) He tolerates him.
9. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
(a) Give a large donation to the church.
(b) Confess their sins in front of the group.
(c) Give money to the poor.
(d) Take singing lessons.
10. In what city is Mma Ramotswe's business located?
11. Mr. Buthelezi claims to have once worked for the _______________.
(b) Botswana Registry.
12. Mma Makutsi thinks that most men do not want to learn ____________________.
(a) A foreign language.
(b) Anything new.
(c) How to cook.
(d) Alongside women.
13. What is the name of a new business opening in town?
(a) The Satisfaction Guaranteed Detective Agency.
(b) Festivities Catering Business.
(c) Bubbles and Bow-Wows Dog Bath.
(d) We Have Designs on You Interior Design.
14. Which business will repair the typewriters for Mma Makutsi's school?
(a) Click Clack Typewriter Repair.
(b) Botswana Office Repair Company.
(c) Judy's Typewriter Repair.
(d) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
15. Mma Ramotswe's thoughts turn to Mma Makutsi's _________________ struggles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The man in the family worked as a _____________________.
2. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
3. What consumes Mma Makutsi's thoughts in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of Mma Ramotswe's business?
5. Mr. Matekoni believes _______is responsible for injuring the bird.
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)