|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mma Ramotswe is encouraged because ________________________.
(a) She is getting married.
(b) She approves of the people in government offices.
(c) She has a potential new client.
(d) She has found a great diet.
2. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
(a) Give money to the poor.
(b) Confess their sins in front of the group.
(c) Take singing lessons.
(d) Give a large donation to the church.
3. What upsetting news does Mma Makutsi deliver to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) She has broken her leg.
(b) She is resigning her position.
(c) She has a terminal illness.
(d) Another detective agency is opening across town.
4. What is the Botswana police agency?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The BPA.
(d) The CID.
5. Mma Ramotswe's thoughts turn to Mma Makutsi's _________________ struggles.
6. The bird in the garden has been injured by a __________________.
(b) BB gun.
(c) child's catapult.
7. Mr. Molefelo is a rich man who _________________________.
(a) Feels a need to make amends for a wrong he has done.
(b) Wants to establish a philanthropic foundation.
(c) Travels the world regularly.
(d) Feels little regard for anyone but himself.
8. Mma Makutsi suggests that two apprentices in the garage open what type of school?
(b) Adult Education.
9. Mr. Buthelezi claims to have once worked for the _______________.
(a) Botswana Registry.
10. Which business will repair the typewriters for Mma Makutsi's school?
(a) Click Clack Typewriter Repair.
(b) Botswana Office Repair Company.
(c) The Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors.
(d) Judy's Typewriter Repair.
11. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
(a) Her foster children.
(b) Her business.
(c) Local politics.
(d) Her personal finances.
12. Mr. Matekoni believes _______is responsible for injuring the bird.
13. How has the person in #51 escaped death?
(a) He ducked down to avoid the gunfire.
(b) His workers scared away the thieves.
(c) He left the building before it collapsed.
(d) He was able to escape from the burning building.
14. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
(a) PJ Brumbaugh.
(b) JLB Matekoni.
(c) CAH Pindu.
(d) MLH Massoit.
15. What is the state of Mma Ramotswe's business since she moved it?
(a) It has closed.
(b) It is suffering.
(c) It is thriving.
(d) It is holding its own.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is _____________ that Mma Ramotswe has reservations about Mma Makutsi's new business.
2. Who has taken over Mr. Maketoni's business during his illness?
3. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
4. At one point, Mr. Molefelo lived with a _______________.
5. What type of business does the person in #51 own?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)