|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Buthelezi is described as a _______________ man.
2. Mma Ramotswe is encouraged because ________________________.
(a) She has a potential new client.
(b) She is getting married.
(c) She has found a great diet.
(d) She approves of the people in government offices.
3. What is the state of Mma Ramotswe's business since she moved it?
(a) It is holding its own.
(b) It is suffering.
(c) It has closed.
(d) It is thriving.
4. This novel is the ________________ in a series of novels featuring Mma Ramotswe.
5. What does Mma Ramotswe do to create a diversion at the church?
(a) Goes into a swoon.
(b) Spills coffee on the preacher.
(c) Has a coughing fit.
(d) Falls down the stairs.
6. Mma Makutsi is Mma Ramotswe's ____________________.
(a) best friend.
7. Mma Ramotswe reassures Motholeli that _______________.
(a) She has a higher calling.
(b) She will be a mother to her.
(c) She is more beautiful than the other girls.
(d) She will travel the world.
8. What type of letter does Mma Makutsi write in Chapter 6?
(a) Sales letter.
(b) Collection letter.
(c) Introductory letter.
(d) Apology letter.
9. What has Mma Ramotswe deeply troubled in Chapter 4?
(a) Her business.
(b) Her foster children.
(c) Her personal finances.
(d) Local politics.
10. Whom does Mma Makutsi call regarding her new business idea?
(a) Her ex-husband.
(b) The Vice Principal at her old school.
(c) The Chamber of Commerce.
(d) Her banker.
11. Why does Mma Makutsi think that Mr. Matekoni will not like the idea of the school?
(a) Advertising costs.
(b) The insurance costs.
(c) The start up costs.
(d) Staffing issues.
12. What is the mood of Mma Ramotswe's foster daughter?
13. Mma Makutsi's new business is based on ________________________.
(a) Creative cooking.
(b) Teaching men to type.
(c) Selling leather bags.
(d) Providing healthcare services.
14. What does Mma Ramotswe think about the opening of the new business?
(a) She welcomes the competition.
(b) She is threatened by it.
(c) She pays no attention to it.
(d) She hopes it fails.
15. Who comes to speak to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) A stranger.
(b) An old friend.
(c) Her foster child.
(d) Her neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where had Mma Ramotswe's offices been located?
2. Who is Mma Ramotswe's fiance?
3. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
4. How has the person in #51 escaped death?
5. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)