|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what type of illness has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled?
2. What are the terms of Mma Makutsi's request?
(a) She must return to the school to speak to students.
(b) She must create a plaque to be hung in the lobby.
(c) She must allow silent partners.
(d) She must re-pay the money in two years.
3. What does the minister demand that those in attendance do?
(a) Take singing lessons.
(b) Confess their sins in front of the group.
(c) Give money to the poor.
(d) Give a large donation to the church.
4. With how many typewriters does Mma Makutsi plan to start her business?
5. To where has Mma Ramotswe moved her business?
(a) The courthouse.
(b) City Hall.
(c) A museum.
(d) Mr. Maketoni's offices.
6. Why did Mr. Molefelo steal from the Tsolamoseses?
(a) To pay for his girlfriend's abortion.
(b) To buy drugs.
(c) To buy food.
(d) To buy a plane ticket.
7. What has Mma Makutsi been thinking of since the beginning of the novel?
(a) Her children.
(b) Getting married again.
(c) New business ideas.
(d) Moving to New York.
8. From where has Mma Ramotswe returned at the beginning of Chapter 3?
(a) A concert.
9. Mr. Molefelo had told his girlfriend that he did not want a ____________________.
(d) Used car.
10. When Mr. Maketoni returns to work, Mma Ramotswe __________________________.
(a) hopes things will get better.
(b) wants to get married.
(c) wants to grow her business.
(d) wants to close her business.
11. Who comes to speak to Mma Ramotswe?
(a) Her foster child.
(b) An old friend.
(c) Her neighbor.
(d) A stranger.
12. What topic is most important for the person in #51 now?
(a) How to mend family relationships.
(b) Learning a foreign language.
(c) Expansion of his business.
(d) Everything he has done wrong in his life.
13. What type of business does Mma Ramotswe run in the novel?
(a) Private Detective Agency.
(b) Interior Design Company.
(c) Employment Agency.
(d) Catering Company.
14. What is the name of a new business opening in town?
(a) The Satisfaction Guaranteed Detective Agency.
(b) Festivities Catering Business.
(c) We Have Designs on You Interior Design.
(d) Bubbles and Bow-Wows Dog Bath.
15. Where do Mma Ramotswe and Mr. Molefelo go to talk privately?
(a) A quiet cafe.
(b) Mma Ramotswe's office.
(c) They take a walk.
(d) A museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
2. Why does Mma Makutsi think that Mr. Matekoni will not like the idea of the school?
3. Mma Makutsi thinks about all the men who do not know how to __________________.
4. What is Mma Ramotswe's concern for Mma Makutsi's business?
5. Mma Ramotswe is encouraged because ________________________.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)