|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Mma Ramotswe's fiance struggled with the illness?
(a) A few days.
(b) Ten years.
(c) A few months.
(d) A couple of weeks.
2. What consumes Mma Makutsi's thoughts in Chapter 2?
(a) Losing weight.
(b) A new wardrobe.
(c) Getting married.
(d) Ways to increase income.
3. How has the person in #51 escaped death?
(a) He was able to escape from the burning building.
(b) He left the building before it collapsed.
(c) His workers scared away the thieves.
(d) He ducked down to avoid the gunfire.
4. Mr. Buthelezi claims to have once worked for the _______________.
(c) Botswana Registry.
5. Who tried to harm the person in #51?
(a) Gang members.
(b) A family member.
(c) An escaped convict.
(d) Ostrich wranglers.
6. What does Mma Ramotswe do to create a diversion at the church?
(a) Spills coffee on the preacher.
(b) Falls down the stairs.
(c) Has a coughing fit.
(d) Goes into a swoon.
7. Who is one of Mma Ramotswe's foster children?
8. When Mr. Maketoni returns to work, Mma Ramotswe __________________________.
(a) wants to grow her business.
(b) wants to get married.
(c) wants to close her business.
(d) hopes things will get better.
9. The owner of the new business insults Mma Ramotswe by ___________________________.
(a) Saying that she does not have a professional demeanor.
(b) Telling her that she is too old to do detective work.
(c) Telling her that she is overweight.
(d) Ridiculing the idea that anyone would hire a woman to do a man's work.
10. Whom does Mma Makutsi call regarding her new business idea?
(a) The Vice Principal at her old school.
(b) Her banker.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) The Chamber of Commerce.
11. What issue is upsetting Motholeli?
(a) She hears gunfire at night.
(b) She is teased about not having a mother.
(c) She is reaching puberty.
(d) She does not feel well.
12. The youngest apprentice has become _____________________ lately.
(a) very evasive.
(c) very ill.
(d) quite religious.
13. At one point, Mr. Molefelo lived with a _______________.
(a) Host family.
(b) Step family.
(c) Foster family.
(d) Dysfunctional family.
14. For what does Mma Makutsi ask the person in #63?
(b) Business connections.
(c) A business plan.
(d) A loan.
15. What type of business does the person in #51 own?
(b) Grocery store.
(c) Ostrich farm.
(d) Accounting firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mma Makutsi is Mma Ramotswe's ____________________.
2. Why does Mma Makutsi think that Mr. Matekoni will not like the idea of the school?
3. What does Mma think would be a profitable business?
4. What upsetting news does Mma Makutsi deliver to Mma Ramotswe?
5. Who is the owner of the new business across town?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)