|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Fujiwara feel insulted by MM after his promotion in Tenroku?
2. What did Michitsuna send to the woman he admired at the festival?
3. Why did MM decide to adopt a child?
4. What was MM's mood during her pilgrimage with her father?
5. Why did Kanetada's wife give her daughter up for adoption to MM?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
2. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
3. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
4. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
5. Why was MM depressed after returning from the Hase temple?
6. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
7. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
8. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
9. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
10. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the feminist aspects of "The Kagero Diary."
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how MM and Fujiwara's strained marriage affected Michitsuna, both positively and negatively. How were Michitsuna's personality and maturity level direct results of his relationship with his mother?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles jealousy and humiliation played in MM's life in regards to her relationships with her husband, family, attendants, and other women.
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)