|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When MM grew afraid that she was dying, what did she warn Fujiwara against?
2. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
3. What was Fujiwara's reaction to MM's plans for another pilgrimage with her father?
4. With what or whom was MM concerned when she came home, much to Fujiwara's annoyance?
5. At what festival was MM when her neighborhood caught on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe MM's poetry.
2. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
3. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
4. What led to MM adopting Kanetada's daughter?
5. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
6. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
7. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
8. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
9. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
10. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay about the significance of MM's final rejection of Fujiwara and the ways in which she came to terms with their broken marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways in which MM used her art for empowerment.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay about the role of religion in MM's life.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)