Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the station of Omi, Fujiwara's latest fixation in Book Two?
2. Why was Michitsuna given an official rank in court?
3. How did MM prepare for her prayers to Buddha during Fujiwara's long absences?
4. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
5. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze MM's relationships with both Lady Joganden and the Prince in regards to their society and the protocol of the court.
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay about the ways in which the director's fervent pursuit of MM's adopted daughter was an echo of Fujiwara's courtship of MM and the implications of this in regards to their society.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways was MM a victim of her own society? Write an essay about her difficulties in fitting in with the world around her, including her feelings of alienation and isolation and the ways in which she had to find empowerment on her own terms.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)