|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did Michitsuna's lady friend angrily accuse him?
2. What did MM take special care to teach her adopted daughter?
3. Why did MM's attendants burn poppy seeds?
4. Upon whose demand did MM finally leave the monastery?
5. What sort of contest did Fujiwara hope to host?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay about the significance of MM's final rejection of Fujiwara and the ways in which she came to terms with their broken marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Why was MM given to suicidal thoughts? How serious did she appear to be about them? Write an essay discussing her descent into consideration of suicide, her sincerity about it, and how she was able to pull herself away from it.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay about the short-term and long-term effects of Fujiwara's adultery on his wives and children.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)