|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Fujiwara hide his face from MM during the archery contest?
2. With what holiday did Book Two begin?
3. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
4. MM's son was very proficient in both archery and _____.
5. Why did MM move into her father's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
2. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
3. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
4. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
5. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
6. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
7. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
8. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
9. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
10. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay about the significance of MM's final rejection of Fujiwara and the ways in which she came to terms with their broken marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the feminist aspects of "The Kagero Diary."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the ways in which MM used her art for empowerment.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)