|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What notable holiday passed in Fujiwara's absence when he became involved with Omi?
2. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter to Fujiwara?
3. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara about how she could not see him on her retreat?
4. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
5. In what season did the archery contest take place after MM's long illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was MM depressed after returning from the Hase temple?
2. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
3. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
4. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
5. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
6. What led to MM adopting Kanetada's daughter?
7. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
8. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
9. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
10. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay about the role of religion in MM's life.
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay that dissects Fujiwara's personality from the reader's point of view as well as MM's perspective. How do the differences in perception help form an accurate picture of his character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationships MM had with Michitsuna and her adopted daughter in regards to her need to take back control of her life.
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)