|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the station of Omi, Fujiwara's latest fixation in Book Two?
2. Why was Michitsuna given an official rank in court?
3. How did MM prepare for her prayers to Buddha during Fujiwara's long absences?
4. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
5. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze MM's personality and the ways in which she grew and matured in the years of her marriage.
Essay Topic 2
Compose an essay about the role of religion in MM's life.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze MM's poetry and prose. Discuss the technical aspects of her writing, as well as the significance of her frequent subject matter.
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)