|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what did Michitsuna most struggle on their retreat?
2. What did MM take special care to teach her adopted daughter?
3. Why was Michitsuna given an official rank in court?
4. What no longer had meaning for MM after her pilgrimage to Hase in light of her husband's behavior?
5. Why did MM's attendants burn poppy seeds?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the various ways in which power was the central conflict between many of the people in MM's diary, particularly between the lady herself and her husband.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how MM and Fujiwara's strained marriage affected Michitsuna, both positively and negatively. How were Michitsuna's personality and maturity level direct results of his relationship with his mother?
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay about the significance of MM's final rejection of Fujiwara and the ways in which she came to terms with their broken marriage.
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)