|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the box next to MM and Fujiwara at the Gosechi Festival?
2. What did MM find hard to do when Fujiwara chose to spend his time with his other wife?
3. How did Fujiwara respond to the Prince's actions with his wife?
4. After the year of mourning, what happened that sent MM back into her depression?
5. What disappointed MM about her travels after the market town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fujiwara's illness improve his relationship with MM?
2. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
3. How did the death of the prince benefit Fujiwara?
4. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
5. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
6. How did the Prince treat MM and Fujiwara's relationship?
7. How did Fujiwara's promotion affect MM?
8. What was the significance of MM giving birth to Michitsuna so quickly after her marriage?
9. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
10. Describe MM's pilgrimage to Hase.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which MM used her art for empowerment.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationships MM had with Michitsuna and her adopted daughter in regards to her need to take back control of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay about the role of religion in MM's life.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)