|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did MM maintain a low profile during her stay in Uji?
2. What did MM find hard to do when Fujiwara chose to spend his time with his other wife?
3. How did MM realize that Fujiwara was not spending much time with his first wife?
4. Who stayed in the same apartment building as MM by the palace?
5. What did MM and Fujiwara play at the Gosechi Festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the significance of MM giving birth to Michitsuna so quickly after her marriage?
2. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
3. How did the death of the prince benefit Fujiwara?
4. After the birth of Tokihime's child, how did Fujiwara ease his way back into MM's life?
5. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
6. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
7. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
8. Why did MM realize Tokihime had lost favor with Fujiwara?
9. What precipitated MM's illness around the ten year anniversary of her marriage?
10. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how MM and Fujiwara's strained marriage affected Michitsuna, both positively and negatively. How were Michitsuna's personality and maturity level direct results of his relationship with his mother?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss and analyze the marriage of MM and Fujiwara.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationships MM had with Michitsuna and her adopted daughter in regards to her need to take back control of her life.
This section contains 1,301 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)