|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did MM's child begin to repeat after hearing his father say it repeatedly?
2. What was particularly important about MM's visit to Fujiwara after his recovery?
3. Why did Fujiwara leave home after he became ill?
4. In what season did MM and Fujiwara move into her father's old house?
5. Where is MM when Fujiwara first attempted to visit her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Michitsuna's New Year's celebration with his man servants depress MM?
2. How did Fujiwara treat MM after her year of mourning?
3. How did MM realize Fujiwara was still seeing his first wife?
4. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
5. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
6. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
7. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
8. After the birth of Tokihime's child, how did Fujiwara ease his way back into MM's life?
9. Into what was MM thrust upon her return from her pilgrimage?
10. How did Fujiwara's promotion affect MM?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which MM used her art for empowerment.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways in which the politics of the Heian period were linked to religious matters.
Essay Topic 3
Compose an essay about the significance of MM's final rejection of Fujiwara and the ways in which she came to terms with their broken marriage.
This section contains 1,305 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)