|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did the courier in the market town bear a message?
2. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
3. What favor did Fujiwara ask MM to do for his first wife?
4. What event took up a great deal of MM's time after her return from her pilgrimage?
5. What did Fujiwara do especially with MM when she first visited him after his illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
2. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
3. Describe MM's offerings to the shrines and to the prince.
4. How did the Prince treat MM and Fujiwara's relationship?
5. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
6. What were the effects of the small pox epidemic?
7. What happened when Tokihime had another child with Fujiwara?
8. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
9. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
10. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
Essay Topic 1
Compose an essay about the short-term and long-term effects of Fujiwara's adultery on his wives and children.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the feminist aspects of "The Kagero Diary."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the roles jealousy and humiliation played in MM's life in regards to her relationships with her husband, family, attendants, and other women.
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)