|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goose eggs did MM send to the young prince?
2. How did MM feel about her marriage after ten years?
3. How did the town treat Fujiwara's affair?
4. What was the market town MM visited on her pilgrimage?
5. What cruel practice does Fujiwara make with his first wife that hurts MM more than anything in the early days of his relationship with both of them?
Short Essay Questions
1. After the birth of Tokihime's child, how did Fujiwara ease his way back into MM's life?
2. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
3. What precipitated MM's illness around the ten year anniversary of her marriage?
4. Why did MM write to Tokihime?
5. How did Fujiwara treat his relationship with his first wife?
6. What was the significance of MM giving birth to Michitsuna so quickly after her marriage?
7. How did Fujiwara's job affect his relationship to MM?
8. Describe MM's pilgrimage to Hase.
9. How did Fujiwara's illness improve his relationship with MM?
10. Why did MM realize Tokihime had lost favor with Fujiwara?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the ways in which MM used her art for empowerment.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the feminist aspects of "The Kagero Diary."
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how MM and Fujiwara's strained marriage affected Michitsuna, both positively and negatively. How were Michitsuna's personality and maturity level direct results of his relationship with his mother?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)