|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did MM's prayer offerings consist?
2. With what is Fujiwara dissatisfied amid his wives' struggles to prove to him their worth?
3. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
4. Who stayed in the same apartment building as MM by the palace?
5. How did Fujiwara respond to the Prince's actions with his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fujiwara treat his relationship with his first wife?
2. How did Fujiwara's affair with his first wife affect MM?
3. Describe Fujiwara's courtship of MM.
4. How did Fujiwara's job affect his relationship to MM?
5. What was significant about Michitsuna repeating "See you later" after his father?
6. What happened when Tokihime had another child with Fujiwara?
7. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
8. How did the death of the prince benefit Fujiwara?
9. Describe MM's offerings to the shrines and to the prince.
10. How did Fujiwara's promotion affect MM?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationships MM had with Michitsuna and her adopted daughter in regards to her need to take back control of her life.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze MM's personality and the ways in which she grew and matured in the years of her marriage.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different marital traditions of the Heian period and how it contrasted to the modern concept of a marriage.
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)