|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminded MM most of Fujiwara's coldness towards her?
(a) The barren fields.
(b) The snow.
(c) The flowerless terrain.
(d) The cold ocean.
2. What did MM take special care to teach her adopted daughter?
3. What was Fujiwara's reaction to MM's plans for another pilgrimage with her father?
(a) Violently angry.
4. In Book Two, for what was MM commissioned?
5. What kept MM from committing suicide after her husband's rebuke about her depression in Book Two?
(a) Her pride.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her fears of the after life.
(d) Her religious duties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michitsuna send to the woman he admired at the festival?
2. What distressed MM the most after Fujiwara's promotion?
3. What was the fate of the governor general's wife?
4. Who delivered MM's letter to Fujiwara after her purification ceremony?
5. Who took charge of the situation with the fire in MM's neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
2. Why was MM depressed after returning from the Hase temple?
3. Describe MM's poetry.
4. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
5. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
6. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
7. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
8. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
9. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
10. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)