|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter to Fujiwara?
(a) She was Michitsuna's daughter.
(b) She was actually her little sister.
(c) She was his daughter.
(d) She was his niece.
2. What was the station of Omi, Fujiwara's latest fixation in Book Two?
(b) Serving lady.
3. Upon whose demand did MM finally leave the monastery?
(d) The Prince.
4. In what place was the minister forced to accept duties?
5. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
(a) Her relationship with her son.
(b) The effectiveness of her absence.
(c) Her relationship with Fujiwara.
(d) Her ability to meditate outside of the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what holiday did Book Two begin?
2. What vocation did MM start to consider on her retreat?
3. What was MM's mood during her pilgrimage with her father?
4. During her depression after Fujiwara's illness in Book Two, to where did MM make an enjoyable pilgrimage?
5. Why was Michitsuna given an official rank in court?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
2. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
3. Why was MM depressed after returning from the Hase temple?
4. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
5. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
6. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
7. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
8. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
9. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
10. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)