|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fujiwara meet MM on her retreat with her son?
2. Who offered to escort MM home (though she declined)?
(a) Captain of the guards.
(c) The Prince.
3. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
4. Why did MM not expect Fujiwara to visit her in her father's house?
(a) Her proximity to his mistress.
(b) His fear of her father.
(c) Michitsuna's anger.
(d) Its location.
5. Why was Michitsuna unable to follow the woman at the festival home?
(a) She was running away.
(b) Michitsuna was questioned by the police.
(c) She was in a carriage.
(d) She had guards.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Book Two, for what was MM commissioned?
2. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
3. What year was Tenroku?
4. Who took charge of the situation with the fire in MM's neighborhood?
5. At what festival was MM when her neighborhood caught on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
2. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
3. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
4. Why was MM depressed after returning from the Hase temple?
5. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
6. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
7. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
8. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
9. What happened to the minister of the left?
10. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)