|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Michitsuna most struggle on their retreat?
(a) Vegetarian diet.
2. In what place was the minister forced to accept duties?
3. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
4. What did Fujiwara send to MM on her retreat to convince her to return home?
5. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
(a) Head Chamberlain.
(b) Grand Judge.
(c) Senior Counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what did Michitsuna's lady friend angrily accuse him?
2. Why did MM decide to adopt a child?
3. After the incident with the minister, for what did Fujiwara prepare?
4. Fujiwara confronted MM about ________________during their letter exchange after she adopted his child.
5. When MM grew afraid that she was dying, what did she warn Fujiwara against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
2. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
3. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
4. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
5. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
6. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
7. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
8. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
9. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
10. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)