|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminded MM most of Fujiwara's coldness towards her?
(a) The snow.
(b) The cold ocean.
(c) The barren fields.
(d) The flowerless terrain.
2. What sort of contest did Fujiwara hope to host?
3. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) The Prince.
4. What no longer had meaning for MM after her pilgrimage to Hase in light of her husband's behavior?
(d) Growing old.
5. What was the fate of the governor general's wife?
(a) She committed suicide.
(b) She died of a long illness.
(c) She ran away with her lover.
(d) She became a nun.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did MM move into her father's house?
2. With what holiday did Book Two begin?
3. What natural element served to remind MM of her courtship with Fujiwara after his promotion?
4. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
5. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
2. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
3. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
4. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
5. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
6. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
7. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
8. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
9. What happened to the minister of the left?
10. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)