|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Fujiwara's intent in his reply to MM's missives in Book Two?
(a) He was hoping for forgiveness about his adultery.
(b) He was praying for their son's health and happiness.
(c) He was hoping to divorce her soon.
(d) He wished to satisfy the lunar calendar.
2. Why did Kanetada's wife give her daughter up for adoption to MM?
(a) She was not a good mother.
(b) She was becoming ill.
(c) She was too poor to care for the child.
(d) She was considering becoming a nun.
3. What was the station of Omi, Fujiwara's latest fixation in Book Two?
(c) Serving lady.
4. During her depression after Fujiwara's illness in Book Two, to where did MM make an enjoyable pilgrimage?
5. In what place was the minister forced to accept duties?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MM take special care to teach her adopted daughter?
2. What did Michitsuna send to the woman he admired at the festival?
3. With what did Michitsuna most struggle on their retreat?
4. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
5. How did Fujiwara hide his face from MM when their carriages passed?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)