|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did MM decide to adopt a child?
(a) She was lonely without children.
(b) She wanted to punish Fujiwara.
(c) She wanted more children.
(d) She was afraid she would have no one to take care of her.
2. Where does Fujiwara meet MM on her retreat with her son?
3. Why did Fujiwara want MM to cancel her plans for a pilgrimage?
(a) He wanted to discuss something with her.
(b) He was worried about her health.
(c) He was afraid she would never come back.
(d) He was starting to become bored with Omi.
4. What notable holiday passed in Fujiwara's absence when he became involved with Omi?
(b) New Year.
(c) Doll's Festival.
(d) Star Festival.
5. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM after she moved in with her father?
(a) He was afraid she would take his money.
(b) He thought she did not tell him about her move on purpose.
(c) He was angry that her father was interfering with his life.
(d) He believed she was turning Michitsuna against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara when he asked why she had not written him during Tenroku?
2. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
3. Why did Fujiwara feel insulted by MM after his promotion in Tenroku?
4. With what holiday did Book Two begin?
5. Why was Michitsuna intent on finding his father after the fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
2. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
3. What happened to the minister of the left?
4. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
5. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
6. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
7. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
8. How did Fujiwara's promotion to major captain bring him back in contact with MM?
9. Describe MM's poetry.
10. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)