|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did MM's attendants burn poppy seeds?
(a) They did this as a sign of disrespect for Fujiwara.
(b) They hoped it would heal her sickness.
(c) They hoped to give the illusion of a busy household.
(d) They tried to ward out evil spirits.
2. Who took charge of the situation with the fire in MM's neighborhood?
(a) The Prince.
3. At what festival was MM when her neighborhood caught on fire?
4. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
(b) Grand Judge.
(c) Senior Counselor.
(d) Head Chamberlain.
5. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
(b) Her daughter.
(d) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
2. What did Fujiwara send to MM on her retreat to convince her to return home?
3. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
4. MM's aunt and ______ brought her gifts, hoping it would tempt her to return home.
5. With what holiday did Book Two begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
2. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
3. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
4. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
5. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
6. What led to MM adopting Kanetada's daughter?
7. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
8. Why was MM depressed after returning from the Hase temple?
9. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
10. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)