|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vocation did MM start to consider on her retreat?
2. The _______ of the Ono Palace passed away in Book Two.
(a) Head chamberlain.
(d) Grand minister.
3. MM's aunt and ______ brought her gifts, hoping it would tempt her to return home.
4. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara about how she could not see him on her retreat?
(a) Ritual seclusion.
(d) Vow to her son.
5. Who took charge of the situation with the fire in MM's neighborhood?
(a) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fujiwara send to MM on her retreat to convince her to return home?
2. With what or whom was MM concerned when she came home, much to Fujiwara's annoyance?
3. What no longer had meaning for MM after her pilgrimage to Hase in light of her husband's behavior?
4. How did Fujiwara hide his face from MM when their carriages passed?
5. During her depression after Fujiwara's illness in Book Two, to where did MM make an enjoyable pilgrimage?
Short Essay Questions
1. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
2. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
3. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
4. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
5. Describe MM's poetry.
6. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
7. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
8. How did Fujiwara's promotion to major captain bring him back in contact with MM?
9. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
10. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)