|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
(b) Leave seclusion.
2. What did Michitsuna send to the woman he admired at the festival?
3. What notable holiday passed in Fujiwara's absence when he became involved with Omi?
(b) Star Festival.
(c) Doll's Festival.
(d) New Year.
4. What natural element served to remind MM of her courtship with Fujiwara after his promotion?
5. In what season did the archery contest take place after MM's long illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. When MM grew afraid that she was dying, what did she warn Fujiwara against?
2. What was MM's mood during her pilgrimage with her father?
3. Where does Fujiwara meet MM on her retreat with her son?
4. Of what did Michitsuna's lady friend angrily accuse him?
5. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
2. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
3. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
4. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
5. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
6. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
7. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
8. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
9. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
10. Describe MM's poetry.
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)