|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the station of Omi, Fujiwara's latest fixation in Book Two?
(a) Serving lady.
2. Why was Michitsuna given an official rank in court?
(a) Michitsuna became engaged to a noblewoman.
(b) Fujiwara was promoted to major captain.
(c) Fujiwara passed down his duties to Michitsuna.
(d) Michitsuna pleased the prince with his archery skills.
3. How did MM prepare for her prayers to Buddha during Fujiwara's long absences?
4. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Become a monk.
(c) Leave their country.
(d) Commit suicide.
5. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
(a) Her daughter.
(c) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
2. How did MM feel about her husband's abandonment before her long retreat?
3. After the incident with the minister, for what did Fujiwara prepare?
4. The _______ of the Ono Palace passed away in Book Two.
5. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)