|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of contest did Fujiwara hope to host?
2. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara about how she could not see him on her retreat?
(b) Ritual seclusion.
(c) Vow to her son.
3. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter to Fujiwara?
(a) She was his daughter.
(b) She was actually her little sister.
(c) She was Michitsuna's daughter.
(d) She was his niece.
4. Who became notably absent from MM's life after she moved in with her father?
(b) Her daughter.
(d) The Prince.
5. What was MM's destination when she planned a pilgrimage in Book Two with her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MM take special care to teach her adopted daughter?
2. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
3. What was Fujiwara's reaction to MM's plans for another pilgrimage with her father?
4. MM's aunt and ______ brought her gifts, hoping it would tempt her to return home.
5. Why did MM's attendants burn poppy seeds?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
2. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
3. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
4. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
5. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
6. Describe MM's poetry.
7. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
8. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
9. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
10. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)