|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did MM's attendants burn poppy seeds?
(a) They hoped it would heal her sickness.
(b) They did this as a sign of disrespect for Fujiwara.
(c) They hoped to give the illusion of a busy household.
(d) They tried to ward out evil spirits.
2. With what or whom was MM concerned when she came home, much to Fujiwara's annoyance?
(b) The Prince.
3. What was the station of Omi, Fujiwara's latest fixation in Book Two?
(c) Serving lady.
4. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
(a) Leave seclusion.
5. What did Fujiwara send to MM on her retreat to convince her to return home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Fujiwara feel insulted by MM after his promotion in Tenroku?
2. What notable holiday passed in Fujiwara's absence when he became involved with Omi?
3. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
4. Why was Michitsuna given an official rank in court?
5. The _______ of the Ono Palace passed away in Book Two.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)