|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminded MM most of Fujiwara's coldness towards her?
(a) The barren fields.
(b) The cold ocean.
(c) The flowerless terrain.
(d) The snow.
2. How did Fujiwara hide his face from MM when their carriages passed?
(a) He turned away.
3. During her depression after Fujiwara's illness in Book Two, to where did MM make an enjoyable pilgrimage?
4. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
(a) Head Chamberlain.
(b) Senior Counselor.
(d) Grand Judge.
5. Of what did Michitsuna's lady friend angrily accuse him?
(a) Interfering with her life.
(b) Courting another woman.
(c) Using her for money.
(d) Ignoring her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was Tenroku?
2. With what did Michitsuna most struggle on their retreat?
3. MM's aunt and ______ brought her gifts, hoping it would tempt her to return home.
4. What did Fujiwara send to MM on her retreat to convince her to return home?
5. At what festival was MM when her neighborhood caught on fire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
2. What happened to the minister of the left?
3. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
4. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
5. Describe MM's poetry.
6. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
7. How did Fujiwara's promotion to major captain bring him back in contact with MM?
8. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
9. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
10. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
This section contains 850 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)