|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MM take special care to teach her adopted daughter?
2. Why did Fujiwara want MM to cancel her plans for a pilgrimage?
(a) He wanted to discuss something with her.
(b) He was afraid she would never come back.
(c) He was starting to become bored with Omi.
(d) He was worried about her health.
3. Who delivered MM's letter to Fujiwara after her purification ceremony?
(d) The prince.
4. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
(a) Senior Counselor.
(b) Head Chamberlain.
(c) Grand Judge.
5. After the incident with the minister, for what did Fujiwara prepare?
(a) A long fast.
(c) A third marriage.
(d) Religious observances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Fujiwara hide his face from MM during the archery contest?
2. What was the station of Omi, Fujiwara's latest fixation in Book Two?
3. Why was Michitsuna intent on finding his father after the fire?
4. What did MM predict to be the season of her death?
5. Why was Michitsuna unable to follow the woman at the festival home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
2. Describe MM's poetry.
3. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
4. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
5. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
6. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
7. How did Fujiwara's promotion to major captain bring him back in contact with MM?
8. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
9. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
10. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)