|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fujiwara confronted MM about ________________during their letter exchange after she adopted his child.
(a) Her talent.
(b) Her intelligence.
(c) Her passivity.
(d) Her jealousy.
2. What was MM's destination when she planned a pilgrimage in Book Two with her son?
3. What did MM believe caused the tension within her house after the beginning of Book Two?
(a) Her son's adolescence.
(b) The Prince's infatuation with her.
(c) Living too close to her husband.
(d) Tokihime's presence in the building.
4. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
5. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM after she moved in with her father?
(a) He was afraid she would take his money.
(b) He was angry that her father was interfering with his life.
(c) He believed she was turning Michitsuna against him.
(d) He thought she did not tell him about her move on purpose.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who became notably absent from MM's life after she moved in with her father?
2. In Book Two, for what was MM commissioned?
3. Why did MM move into her father's house?
4. Why was MM unable to prepare Fujiwara's mourning clothes?
5. The _______ of the Ono Palace passed away in Book Two.
Short Essay Questions
1. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
2. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
3. What happened to the minister of the left?
4. What was MM's mood when she returned home after her long seclusion and why?
5. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
6. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
7. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
8. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
9. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
10. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)