|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took charge of the situation with the fire in MM's neighborhood?
(c) The Prince.
2. In what place was the minister forced to accept duties?
3. What was MM's destination when she planned a pilgrimage in Book Two with her son?
4. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
5. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did MM prepare for her prayers to Buddha during Fujiwara's long absences?
2. What distressed MM the most after Fujiwara's promotion?
3. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
4. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
5. Upon whose demand did MM finally leave the monastery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
2. Describe MM's poetry.
3. How did Fujiwara's promotion to major captain bring him back in contact with MM?
4. What led to MM adopting Kanetada's daughter?
5. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
6. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
7. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
8. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
9. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
10. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)