|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
(a) Her relationship with Fujiwara.
(b) The effectiveness of her absence.
(c) Her relationship with her son.
(d) Her ability to meditate outside of the monastery.
2. Of what did Michitsuna's lady friend angrily accuse him?
(a) Ignoring her.
(b) Interfering with her life.
(c) Using her for money.
(d) Courting another woman.
3. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
4. During her depression after Fujiwara's illness in Book Two, to where did MM make an enjoyable pilgrimage?
5. Why did Kanetada's wife give her daughter up for adoption to MM?
(a) She was too poor to care for the child.
(b) She was not a good mother.
(c) She was considering becoming a nun.
(d) She was becoming ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fujiwara's reaction to MM's plans for another pilgrimage with her father?
2. How did MM prepare for her prayers to Buddha during Fujiwara's long absences?
3. MM's son was very proficient in both archery and _____.
4. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
5. What year was Tenroku?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
2. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
3. What led to MM adopting Kanetada's daughter?
4. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
5. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
6. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
7. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
8. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
9. How did Fujiwara's promotion to major captain bring him back in contact with MM?
10. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)