|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fujiwara treat his son during the Grand Sumo Tournament?
(a) He ignored him.
(b) He praised him.
(c) He pretended to care about him in order to talk about his mother.
(d) He treated him like a servant.
2. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Become a monk.
(c) Leave their country.
(d) Commit suicide.
3. What distressed MM the most after Fujiwara's promotion?
(a) His absences.
(b) His anger.
(c) His exhaustion.
(d) His illness.
4. Who became notably absent from MM's life after she moved in with her father?
(c) Her daughter.
(d) The Prince.
5. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
2. Who took charge of the situation with the fire in MM's neighborhood?
3. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
4. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara about how she could not see him on her retreat?
5. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was significant about MM's prediction about her death?
2. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
3. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
4. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
5. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
6. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
7. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
8. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
9. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
10. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)