|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Michitsuna most struggle on their retreat?
(a) Vegetarian diet.
2. What natural element served to remind MM of her courtship with Fujiwara after his promotion?
3. How did Michitsuna feel about the retreat and seclusion?
4. Why did Fujiwara feel insulted by MM after his promotion in Tenroku?
(a) MM did not send congratulations.
(b) MM refused to address him by title.
(c) MM was not present at his induction.
(d) MM ignored him in the street.
5. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
(a) The Prince.
(b) Her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offered to escort MM home (though she declined)?
2. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara about how she could not see him on her retreat?
3. Who delivered MM's letter to Fujiwara after her purification ceremony?
4. Why did Kanetada's wife give her daughter up for adoption to MM?
5. Who took charge of the situation with the fire in MM's neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
2. How did Fujiwara react to MM's plans to travel to the Hase temple with her father?
3. Describe MM's poetry.
4. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
5. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
6. About what did MM and Fujiwara argue during his long illness?
7. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
8. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
9. How did Fujiwara's promotion to major captain bring him back in contact with MM?
10. On New Year's Day, what did MM attempt in order to garner a better year for her and her family?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)