|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MM find hard to do when Fujiwara chose to spend his time with his other wife?
(b) Care for her child.
2. What was significant about Fujiwara's illicit relationship when he first married MM?
(a) His marriage was null and void.
(b) He was quite secretive.
(c) He was incredibly indiscreet.
(d) It resulted in a baby.
3. How did Fujiwara describe his ongoing relationship with his first wife to MM?
4. What natural disaster hit the town after Fujiwara finally stayed a night with MM after their first falling out over his first wife?
5. Who was in the box next to MM and Fujiwara at the Gosechi Festival?
(a) MM's father.
(b) The Prince.
(c) Their future daughter-in-law's family.
(d) His first wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many months did Fujiwara court MM before her father left on a trip?
2. What did MM and Fujiwara play at the Gosechi Festival?
3. What disappointed MM about her travels after the market town?
4. Who kept MM awake one night during her pilgrimage?
5. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fujiwara's illness improve his relationship with MM?
2. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
3. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
4. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
5. Why did Fujiwara send a courier after MM on her pilgrimage? What was her response?
6. How did Fujiwara's job affect his relationship to MM?
7. What precipitated MM's illness around the ten year anniversary of her marriage?
8. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
9. Describe MM's offerings to the shrines and to the prince.
10. How did MM realize Fujiwara was still seeing his first wife?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)