|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did MM primarily sleep during her pilgrimage?
(b) Friends' homes.
(d) Diplomat's unused apartment.
2. With what is Fujiwara dissatisfied amid his wives' struggles to prove to him their worth?
(a) His status as an adulterer.
(b) His health.
(c) His promotion.
(d) His son.
3. What did MM and Fujiwara play at the Gosechi Festival?
4. How did Fujiwara describe his ongoing relationship with his first wife to MM?
5. How many goose eggs did MM send to the young prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MM admit to considering when she wrote her letter to Fujiwara?
2. What disappointed MM about her travels after the market town?
3. Why did Fujiwara leave home after he became ill?
4. Looking back on Fujiwara's courtship, what was significant about how MM currently felt about her eventual marriage to him?
5. Who was in the box next to MM and Fujiwara at the Gosechi Festival?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
2. Describe MM's pilgrimage to Hase.
3. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM's move to her father's house?
4. By Tenroku, how had MM made peace with her neglected relationship?
5. Why did Michitsuna's New Year's celebration with his man servants depress MM?
6. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
7. How did Fujiwara justify his actions to MM in his letter to her?
8. Why did MM write to Tokihime?
9. How did Fujiwara's job affect his relationship to MM?
10. How did the Prince treat MM and Fujiwara's relationship?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)