|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Prince treat the problems of his new neighbors, Fujiwara, and MM?
(b) He ignored them.
(c) He grew furious with Fujiwara's infidelity.
2. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
3. What led to MM's illness around the ten year mark of her marriage?
(a) Grief over her mother's death.
(b) A minor epidemic.
(c) Food poisoning.
(d) Suicide attempt.
4. What distressed MM most about her ten years of marriage to Fujiwara?
(a) She was no longer an artist.
(b) She had neglected her religious duties.
(c) She only had one child.
(d) She was still not his favored wife.
5. What did MM and Fujiwara play at the Gosechi Festival?
Short Answer Questions
1. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
2. Why was MM concerned that her prayers would not be answered?
3. What did MM discover amidst Fujiwara's belongings early in their marriage?
4. What did MM enjoy watching most of all in Uji?
5. According to her reply through the courier, where was MM heading after her stay in the market town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
2. Why did MM begin to make so many pilgrimages?
3. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
4. Describe MM's poetry.
5. After the birth of Tokihime's child, how did Fujiwara ease his way back into MM's life?
6. How did Fujiwara's illness improve his relationship with MM?
7. What were the effects of the small pox epidemic?
8. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
9. Why was MM conflicted in the monastery, amid Fujiwara's pleas for her to come home?
10. How did MM realize Fujiwara was still seeing his first wife?
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)