|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did MM feel about her marriage after ten years?
(a) She felt empowered by it.
(b) She understood its uniqueness.
(c) She was constantly angry.
(d) She felt completed by it.
2. In this book, for what does MM stand?
(a) Miniyaka's Mother.
(b) Michitsuna's Mother.
(c) Moritoku's Mother.
(d) Mary's Mother.
3. Who succeeded the young prince after his death?
(a) The South Prince.
(b) The North Prince.
(c) The West Prince.
(d) The East Prince.
4. In Uji, MM especially enjoyed the waters and _____.
5. How many goose eggs did MM send to the young prince?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many months did Fujiwara court MM before her father left on a trip?
2. What did MM admit to considering when she wrote her letter to Fujiwara?
3. What action did the Prince take that confused and unsettled MM when Fujiwara went to see his first wife?
4. Why did MM make so many pilgrimages to different shrines?
5. What did MM find hard to do when Fujiwara chose to spend his time with his other wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did MM and Michitsuna both react to their secluded retreat?
2. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
3. What happened when Tokihime had another child with Fujiwara?
4. How did Fujiwara's illness improve his relationship with MM?
5. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
6. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
7. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter?
8. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
9. Describe MM's pilgrimage to Hase.
10. What was the purpose of the director's subterfuge when he claimed he needed to speak to Michitsuna?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)