|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in the box next to MM and Fujiwara at the Gosechi Festival?
(a) His first wife.
(b) Their future daughter-in-law's family.
(c) MM's father.
(d) The Prince.
2. How did Fujiwara respond to the Prince's actions with his wife?
(a) He grew angry with the Prince.
(b) He ignored it.
(c) He grew angry with MM.
(d) He was elated by the Prince's attention.
3. Of what did MM's prayer offerings consist?
(c) Her family wealth.
(d) Her anger.
4. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
5. After the year of mourning, what happened that sent MM back into her depression?
(a) Her son's anger.
(b) Her husband's abuse.
(c) Her aunt's death.
(d) Her sister's departure.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what position was Fujiwara promoted upon the death of the prince?
2. Where is MM when Fujiwara first attempted to visit her?
3. For what did MM hope for Fujiwara's first wife after months of poor treatment from her husband?
4. How did MM feel about her marriage after ten years?
5. According to her reply through the courier, where was MM heading after her stay in the market town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fujiwara treat MM after her year of mourning?
2. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
3. What was significant about Michitsuna repeating "See you later" after his father?
4. Describe MM's pilgrimage to Hase.
5. How did Fujiwara treat his relationship with his first wife?
6. Why did MM write to Tokihime?
7. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
8. How did MM realize Fujiwara was still seeing his first wife?
9. Why did Fujiwara send a courier after MM on her pilgrimage? What was her response?
10. What was the significance of MM giving birth to Michitsuna so quickly after her marriage?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)