|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
2. What was the name of Fujiwara's first wife?
3. What did MM discover amidst Fujiwara's belongings early in their marriage?
(a) A book of verse.
(b) A drawing of a nude woman.
(c) A flower.
(d) A note to another woman.
4. What did Fujiwara begin to do that caused MM to believe he was "cheating" in his courtship?
(a) Sending her money.
(b) Praying for her.
(c) Visiting her.
(d) Abusing her brother.
5. Who was in the box next to MM and Fujiwara at the Gosechi Festival?
(a) His first wife.
(b) Their future daughter-in-law's family.
(c) The Prince.
(d) MM's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
2. Who kept MM awake one night during her pilgrimage?
3. Who stayed in the same apartment building as MM by the palace?
4. How many prayer offerings did MM make to the shrines?
5. What disappointed MM about her travels after the market town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Prince treat MM and Fujiwara's relationship?
2. Into what was MM thrust upon her return from her pilgrimage?
3. Why did Fujiwara send a courier after MM on her pilgrimage? What was her response?
4. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
5. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
6. How did the death of the prince benefit Fujiwara?
7. How did Fujiwara's affair with his first wife affect MM?
8. Why did MM write to Tokihime?
9. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
10. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
This section contains 846 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)