|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what did Fujiwara constantly berate his wife during the time she dealt with a death in the family and his own illness?
(a) Her indifference.
(b) Her nursing skills.
(c) Her anger.
(d) Her crying spells.
2. Who kept MM awake one night during her pilgrimage?
(a) A priest.
(b) A poet.
(c) The Prince.
(d) A blind man.
3. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
4. In the event of his death, for how many months did Fujiwara request MM mourn before remarrying?
5. Who responded to MM's letters for Fujiwara during his illness?
(a) The Prince.
(b) His first wife.
(c) His assistant.
(d) His son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many goose eggs did MM send to the young prince?
2. What event took up a great deal of MM's time after her return from her pilgrimage?
3. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
4. Where is MM when Fujiwara first attempted to visit her?
5. What did MM discover amidst Fujiwara's belongings early in their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
2. How did MM realize Fujiwara was still seeing his first wife?
3. What was the significance of MM giving birth to Michitsuna so quickly after her marriage?
4. Describe MM's offerings to the shrines and to the prince.
5. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
6. How did Fujiwara justify his actions to MM in his letter to her?
7. How did Fujiwara's illness improve his relationship with MM?
8. Why did MM write to Tokihime?
9. After the birth of Tokihime's child, how did Fujiwara ease his way back into MM's life?
10. Why did MM begin to make so many pilgrimages?
This section contains 911 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)