|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fujiwara describe his ongoing relationship with his first wife to MM?
2. What did MM's father leave for Fujiwara before his trip?
(a) Possession of his farms.
(b) His fortune.
(d) A note that encouraged him to court MM.
3. What did MM feel for Fujiwara's first wife when she realized he was seeing them both?
4. How did Fujiwara respond to the Prince's actions with his wife?
(a) He was elated by the Prince's attention.
(b) He grew angry with MM.
(c) He grew angry with the Prince.
(d) He ignored it.
5. What was the name of Fujiwara's first wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural disaster hit the town after Fujiwara finally stayed a night with MM after their first falling out over his first wife?
2. What event took up a great deal of MM's time after her return from her pilgrimage?
3. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
4. When Fujiwara replied to MM's letter in Book One, how did he justify his behavior?
5. What did MM find hard to do when Fujiwara chose to spend his time with his other wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe MM's pilgrimage to Hase.
2. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
3. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
4. How did MM realize Fujiwara was still seeing his first wife?
5. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
6. How did Fujiwara treat MM after her year of mourning?
7. How did Fujiwara's promotion affect MM?
8. Why did MM realize Tokihime had lost favor with Fujiwara?
9. How did Fujiwara's affair with his first wife affect MM?
10. What was the significance of MM giving birth to Michitsuna so quickly after her marriage?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)