|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goose eggs did MM send to the young prince?
2. Looking back on Fujiwara's courtship, what was significant about how MM currently felt about her eventual marriage to him?
3. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
(a) She grew happy.
(b) She became sick.
(c) She cried.
(d) She grew angry.
4. According to her reply through the courier, where was MM heading after her stay in the market town?
(a) The biggest city she could find.
5. What ceremony did the Prince celebrate with Fujiwara and MM?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did MM initially learn of her husband's polygamy?
2. What was significant about Fujiwara's illicit relationship when he first married MM?
3. What was particularly important about MM's visit to Fujiwara after his recovery?
4. What did MM admit to considering when she wrote her letter to Fujiwara?
5. In what season did MM and Fujiwara move into her father's old house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fujiwara's affair with his first wife affect MM?
2. After the birth of Tokihime's child, how did Fujiwara ease his way back into MM's life?
3. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
4. Why did Fujiwara send a courier after MM on her pilgrimage? What was her response?
5. How did Fujiwara treat MM after her year of mourning?
6. How did Fujiwara's job affect his relationship to MM?
7. How did Fujiwara's promotion affect MM?
8. What happened when Tokihime had another child with Fujiwara?
9. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
10. How did Fujiwara justify his actions to MM in his letter to her?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)