|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in the box next to MM and Fujiwara at the Gosechi Festival?
(a) Their future daughter-in-law's family.
(b) His first wife.
(c) MM's father.
(d) The Prince.
2. To whom did MM attempt to object about Fujiwara's unwanted courtship?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. What was significant about Fujiwara's illicit relationship when he first married MM?
(a) His marriage was null and void.
(b) It resulted in a baby.
(c) He was quite secretive.
(d) He was incredibly indiscreet.
4. What natural disaster hit the town after Fujiwara finally stayed a night with MM after their first falling out over his first wife?
5. Where is MM when Fujiwara first attempted to visit her?
(a) Her grandmother's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did MM realize that Fujiwara was not spending much time with his first wife?
2. In this book, for what does MM stand?
3. In what season did MM and Fujiwara move into her father's old house?
4. How old was MM when Fujiwara begins to court her?
5. For how many days was Fujiwara seriously ill?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
2. How did Fujiwara's promotion affect MM?
3. Why did Fujiwara send a courier after MM on her pilgrimage? What was her response?
4. How did MM realize Fujiwara was still seeing his first wife?
5. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
6. How did Fujiwara justify his actions to MM in his letter to her?
7. Describe MM's offerings to the shrines and to the prince.
8. Why did MM write to Tokihime?
9. Describe MM's pilgrimage to Hase.
10. How did Fujiwara's job affect his relationship to MM?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)