|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did the courier in the market town bear a message?
(a) The Prince.
(d) Lady Joganden.
2. To whom did MM attempt to object about Fujiwara's unwanted courtship?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her brother.
3. What ceremony did the Prince celebrate with Fujiwara and MM?
4. What did MM find lacking on the trail out of the market town?
(b) Green plants.
(c) Living trees.
5. What did MM enjoy watching most of all in Uji?
(a) Fishing boats.
(c) The priests in ceremony.
(d) The children.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what is Fujiwara dissatisfied amid his wives' struggles to prove to him their worth?
2. Looking back on Fujiwara's courtship, what was significant about how MM currently felt about her eventual marriage to him?
3. In this book, for what does MM stand?
4. What disappointed MM about her travels after the market town?
5. How did the town treat Fujiwara's affair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
2. Describe the last events of Michitsuna's social life detailed in the journal.
3. What led to MM adopting Kanetada's daughter?
4. How did Fujiwara justify his actions to MM in his letter to her?
5. How did Fujiwara bond with MM during her illness?
6. How did Fujiwara treat MM after her year of mourning?
7. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
8. Why did MM begin to make so many pilgrimages?
9. What precipitated MM's illness around the ten year anniversary of her marriage?
10. What was significant about Michitsuna repeating "See you later" after his father?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)