|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who succeeded the young prince after his death?
(a) The South Prince.
(b) The North Prince.
(c) The West Prince.
(d) The East Prince.
2. How did Fujiwara respond to the Prince's actions with his wife?
(a) He grew angry with the Prince.
(b) He ignored it.
(c) He grew angry with MM.
(d) He was elated by the Prince's attention.
3. How many prayer offerings did MM make to the shrines?
4. What did MM learn about Fujiwara's affair with his first wife in the early years of their marriage that caused her the most distress?
(a) His first wife was richer.
(b) He had a child with his first wife.
(c) Fujiwara was telling everyone that MM was simply his mistress.
(d) He was going to leave MM for his first wife.
5. What did MM assume about Fujiwara's first wife when he began to stay with her again?
(a) She had lost favor with him.
(b) She had gotten sick.
(c) She had kicked him out.
(d) She was pregnant again.
Short Answer Questions
1. After mourning for a year, what did MM and her family purify?
2. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
3. For what did Fujiwara instruct MM to prepare when she returned from her pilgrimage?
4. According to her reply through the courier, where was MM heading after her stay in the market town?
5. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Fujiwara's courtship of MM.
2. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
3. How did MM realize Fujiwara was still seeing his first wife?
4. How did the Prince treat MM and Fujiwara's relationship?
5. What was the significance of MM giving birth to Michitsuna so quickly after her marriage?
6. How did Fujiwara treat MM after her year of mourning?
7. Why did Fujiwara send a courier after MM on her pilgrimage? What was her response?
8. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
9. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
10. How did Fujiwara's promotion affect MM?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)