|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
2. Who was in charge of the administration with whom Fujiwara worked?
(a) The priest.
(b) The prince.
(c) MM's father.
(d) His first wife's brother.
3. Who succeeded the young prince after his death?
(a) The East Prince.
(b) The West Prince.
(c) The South Prince.
(d) The North Prince.
4. Who stayed in the same apartment building as MM by the palace?
(a) Lady Joganden.
(c) MM's father.
(d) The Prince.
5. According to her reply through the courier, where was MM heading after her stay in the market town?
(d) The biggest city she could find.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did Fujiwara constantly berate his wife during the time she dealt with a death in the family and his own illness?
2. What did MM feel for Fujiwara's first wife when she realized he was seeing them both?
3. What ceremony did the Prince celebrate with Fujiwara and MM?
4. What distressed MM most about her ten years of marriage to Fujiwara?
5. What did MM find lacking on the trail out of the market town?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Prince treat MM and Fujiwara's relationship?
2. How did Fujiwara treat MM after her year of mourning?
3. After the birth of Tokihime's child, how did Fujiwara ease his way back into MM's life?
4. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
5. What was the significance of MM giving birth to Michitsuna so quickly after her marriage?
6. Why did MM realize Tokihime had lost favor with Fujiwara?
7. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
8. What precipitated MM's illness around the ten year anniversary of her marriage?
9. Why did Fujiwara send a courier after MM on her pilgrimage? What was her response?
10. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)