|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before his awkward return back to MM, how many days did Fujiwara disappear after an argument with her?
2. What was significant about the letters MM sent back to Fujiwara during their courtship?
(a) She dabbed it with her perfume.
(b) The letters were loving.
(c) The tone was cold.
(d) She enclosed a lock of her hair.
3. What river did MM cross to reach the object of her pilgrimage?
4. What did MM feel for Fujiwara's first wife when she realized he was seeing them both?
5. For what did Fujiwara instruct MM to prepare when she returned from her pilgrimage?
(d) Purification Ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the town treat Fujiwara's affair?
2. When Fujiwara replied to MM's letter in Book One, how did he justify his behavior?
3. What did MM's father leave for Fujiwara before his trip?
4. To whom did MM attempt to object about Fujiwara's unwanted courtship?
5. What was particularly important about MM's visit to Fujiwara after his recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
2. How did Fujiwara justify his actions to MM in his letter to her?
3. Why did MM write to Tokihime?
4. Why did Michitsuna's New Year's celebration with his man servants depress MM?
5. Why did MM realize Tokihime had lost favor with Fujiwara?
6. What happened to the minister of the left?
7. After her return from Karasaki, how did Fujiwara sink MM into an even deeper depression?
8. What happened when MM's neighborhood caught on fire?
9. What led to MM adopting Kanetada's daughter?
10. How did Fujiwara's affair with his first wife affect MM?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)