Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What natural disaster hit the town after Fujiwara finally stayed a night with MM after their first falling out over his first wife?
2. For what did MM hope for Fujiwara's first wife after months of poor treatment from her husband?
(a) She wanted her to run away with Fujiwara.
(b) She wanted her to only bear daughters to Fujiwara.
(c) She wanted her to beg for forgiveness.
(d) She wanted her to suffer.
3. How did MM realize that Fujiwara was not spending much time with his first wife?
(a) She was trying to win him back as well.
(b) Fujiwara had become ill.
(c) Fujiwara was out of the village.
(d) His first wife had other lovers.
4. What favor did Fujiwara ask MM to do for his first wife?
(a) Pray for her.
(b) Sew baby clothes.
(c) Help her in childbirth.
(d) Cook her dinner.
5. How did MM maintain a low profile during her stay in Uji?
(a) She dressed herself in peasant clothing.
(b) She brought very few attendants.
(c) She did not stay in a hotel.
(d) She avoided to the shrine during its more populated hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MM's father leave for Fujiwara before his trip?
2. With what is Fujiwara dissatisfied amid his wives' struggles to prove to him their worth?
3. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
4. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
5. What was particularly important about MM's visit to Fujiwara after his recovery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the result of Fujiwara's promotion to major captain on MM's depression?
2. How did Michitsuna fare at the archery contest?
3. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
4. What was the purpose of the director's subterfuge when he claimed he needed to speak to Michitsuna?
5. How did Fujiwara treat Michitsuna at the Grand Sumo Tournament?
6. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
7. Why did MM decide to go on another retreat after Fujiwara's promotion?
8. Describe Michitsuna's courtship with the woman in the carriage.
9. How did Fujiwara react to MM's pilgrimage with Michitsuna?
10. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)