|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Looking back on Fujiwara's courtship, what was significant about how MM currently felt about her eventual marriage to him?
2. After MM refuses to perform an insulting favor for Fujiwara and his first wife, how long does he shun her?
(a) A week.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Several months.
3. What natural disaster hit the town after Fujiwara finally stayed a night with MM after their first falling out over his first wife?
4. What was significant about Fujiwara's illicit relationship when he first married MM?
(a) He was incredibly indiscreet.
(b) He was quite secretive.
(c) His marriage was null and void.
(d) It resulted in a baby.
5. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did MM feel about her marriage after ten years?
2. Of what did MM's prayer offerings consist?
3. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
4. When Fujiwara replied to MM's letter in Book One, how did he justify his behavior?
5. Who responded to MM's letters for Fujiwara during his illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Fujiwara treat MM after her year of mourning?
2. How did the Prince treat MM and Fujiwara's relationship?
3. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
4. How did Fujiwara's job affect his relationship to MM?
5. How did Fujiwara's promotion affect MM?
6. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
7. How did Fujiwara's affair with his first wife affect MM?
8. What precipitated MM's illness around the ten year anniversary of her marriage?
9. Why did Fujiwara send a courier after MM on her pilgrimage? What was her response?
10. How did MM's initial impressions of Fujiwara compare to her feelings for him after their marriage?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)