|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many goose eggs did MM send to the young prince?
2. For what did Fujiwara instruct MM to prepare when she returned from her pilgrimage?
(c) Purification Ceremony.
3. What was MM's fear after she learned of her husband's affair with his first wife?
(a) Her marriage was never legitimate.
(b) She was to become a servant.
(c) Her marriage was over.
(d) Her child would be taken away from her.
4. What did MM's father leave for Fujiwara before his trip?
(a) Possession of his farms.
(c) His fortune.
(d) A note that encouraged him to court MM.
5. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She grew angry.
(c) She grew happy.
(d) She cried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the town treat Fujiwara's affair?
2. For how many months did Fujiwara court MM before her father left on a trip?
3. For how many days was Fujiwara seriously ill?
4. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
5. According to her reply through the courier, where was MM heading after her stay in the market town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe MM's offerings to the shrines and to the prince.
2. Describe MM's pilgrimage to Hase.
3. How did Fujiwara react to MM's severe depression?
4. How did MM's journey grow less enjoyable after her encounter with the courier?
5. After the birth of Tokihime's child, how did Fujiwara ease his way back into MM's life?
6. Why did MM begin to make so many pilgrimages?
7. How did the death of the prince benefit Fujiwara?
8. How did MM support Fujiwara during his illness?
9. How did Fujiwara justify his actions to MM in his letter to her?
10. After Fujiwara's illness, how did MM's feelings of dissatisfaction with her lot in life begin to manifest?
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)