|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM after she moved in with her father?
(a) He thought she did not tell him about her move on purpose.
(b) He was afraid she would take his money.
(c) He believed she was turning Michitsuna against him.
(d) He was angry that her father was interfering with his life.
2. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
(a) Head Chamberlain.
(b) Senior Counselor.
(d) Grand Judge.
3. What distressed MM the most after Fujiwara's promotion?
(a) His absences.
(b) His anger.
(c) His illness.
(d) His exhaustion.
4. What did MM predict to be the season of her death?
5. Where does Fujiwara meet MM on her retreat with her son?
6. How did Michitsuna feel about the retreat and seclusion?
7. What was MM's destination when she planned a pilgrimage in Book Two with her son?
8. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
9. Who delivered MM's letter to Fujiwara after her purification ceremony?
(c) The prince.
10. With what did Michitsuna most struggle on their retreat?
(d) Vegetarian diet.
11. Who took charge of the situation with the fire in MM's neighborhood?
(c) The Prince.
12. What no longer had meaning for MM after her pilgrimage to Hase in light of her husband's behavior?
(d) Growing old.
13. What kept MM from committing suicide after her husband's rebuke about her depression in Book Two?
(a) Her fears of the after life.
(b) Her religious duties.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her pride.
14. With what holiday did Book Two begin?
(a) Star Festival.
(b) Showa Day.
(c) New Year.
(d) Doll's Festival.
15. What was MM's mood during her pilgrimage with her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vocation did MM start to consider on her retreat?
2. Why did MM's attendants burn poppy seeds?
3. What year was Tenroku?
4. In Book Two, for what was MM commissioned?
5. Upon whose demand did MM finally leave the monastery?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)