|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. MM's son was very proficient in both archery and _____.
(a) Sword fighting.
2. Where does Fujiwara meet MM on her retreat with her son?
3. How did Michitsuna feel about the retreat and seclusion?
4. Why did Kanetada's wife give her daughter up for adoption to MM?
(a) She was considering becoming a nun.
(b) She was too poor to care for the child.
(c) She was not a good mother.
(d) She was becoming ill.
5. After the incident with the minister, for what did Fujiwara prepare?
(a) A long fast.
(c) Religious observances.
(d) A third marriage.
6. During her depression after Fujiwara's illness in Book Two, to where did MM make an enjoyable pilgrimage?
7. What was the fate of the governor general's wife?
(a) She became a nun.
(b) She ran away with her lover.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She died of a long illness.
8. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
9. What did Michitsuna send to the woman he admired at the festival?
10. At what festival was MM when her neighborhood caught on fire?
11. What did MM predict to be the season of her death?
12. With what holiday did Book Two begin?
(a) New Year.
(b) Showa Day.
(c) Doll's Festival.
(d) Star Festival.
13. Why did MM decide to adopt a child?
(a) She wanted more children.
(b) She wanted to punish Fujiwara.
(c) She was afraid she would have no one to take care of her.
(d) She was lonely without children.
14. What vocation did MM start to consider on her retreat?
15. Of what did Michitsuna's lady friend angrily accuse him?
(a) Interfering with her life.
(b) Using her for money.
(c) Ignoring her.
(d) Courting another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did MM prepare for her prayers to Buddha during Fujiwara's long absences?
2. What happened to the minister of the left?
3. What did MM believe caused the tension within her house after the beginning of Book Two?
4. Why did MM move into her father's house?
5. Why was Michitsuna unable to follow the woman at the festival home?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)