|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Michitsuna send to the woman he admired at the festival?
2. What no longer had meaning for MM after her pilgrimage to Hase in light of her husband's behavior?
(a) Growing old.
3. Who delivered MM's letter to Fujiwara after her purification ceremony?
(d) The prince.
4. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
5. Why did MM not expect Fujiwara to visit her in her father's house?
(a) Her proximity to his mistress.
(b) Its location.
(c) His fear of her father.
(d) Michitsuna's anger.
6. What did MM believe caused the tension within her house after the beginning of Book Two?
(a) Living too close to her husband.
(b) The Prince's infatuation with her.
(c) Her son's adolescence.
(d) Tokihime's presence in the building.
7. Of what did Michitsuna's lady friend angrily accuse him?
(a) Courting another woman.
(b) Using her for money.
(c) Interfering with her life.
(d) Ignoring her.
8. How did MM feel about her husband's abandonment before her long retreat?
9. With what did Michitsuna most struggle on their retreat?
(b) Vegetarian diet.
10. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
(a) Leave seclusion.
11. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
(a) Grand Judge.
(b) Senior Counselor.
(d) Head Chamberlain.
12. What was Fujiwara's reaction to MM's plans for another pilgrimage with her father?
(c) Violently angry.
13. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
14. Upon whose demand did MM finally leave the monastery?
(d) The Prince.
15. How did Michitsuna feel about the retreat and seclusion?
Short Answer Questions
1. MM's son was very proficient in both archery and _____.
2. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
3. How did Fujiwara treat his son during the Grand Sumo Tournament?
4. Why was Michitsuna intent on finding his father after the fire?
5. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)