|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
2. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
(b) Leave seclusion.
3. What year was Tenroku?
4. Who delivered MM's letter to Fujiwara after her purification ceremony?
(b) The prince.
5. What was MM's destination when she planned a pilgrimage in Book Two with her son?
6. What did Fujiwara send to MM on her retreat to convince her to return home?
7. In what season did the archery contest take place after MM's long illness?
8. What did MM take special care to teach her adopted daughter?
9. At what festival was MM when her neighborhood caught on fire?
10. What no longer had meaning for MM after her pilgrimage to Hase in light of her husband's behavior?
(c) Growing old.
11. Why did Fujiwara feel insulted by MM after his promotion in Tenroku?
(a) MM refused to address him by title.
(b) MM was not present at his induction.
(c) MM did not send congratulations.
(d) MM ignored him in the street.
12. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
13. How did MM feel about her husband's abandonment before her long retreat?
14. Where did Fujiwara lay the blame for his absences after his promotion?
(a) MM's temper.
(b) MM's depression.
(c) MM's work.
(d) MM's illness.
15. What vocation did MM start to consider on her retreat?
Short Answer Questions
1. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
2. MM's son was very proficient in both archery and _____.
3. Why was Michitsuna intent on finding his father after the fire?
4. What sort of contest did Fujiwara hope to host?
5. What reminded MM most of Fujiwara's coldness towards her?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)