|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reminded MM most of Fujiwara's coldness towards her?
(a) The barren fields.
(b) The flowerless terrain.
(c) The cold ocean.
(d) The snow.
2. Where does Fujiwara meet MM on her retreat with her son?
3. In what place was the minister forced to accept duties?
4. Why was Michitsuna unable to follow the woman at the festival home?
(a) She was in a carriage.
(b) Michitsuna was questioned by the police.
(c) She was running away.
(d) She had guards.
5. How did Fujiwara hide his face from MM when their carriages passed?
(c) He turned away.
6. What did MM predict to be the season of her death?
7. What happened to the minister of the left?
8. MM's son was very proficient in both archery and _____.
(b) Sword fighting.
9. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter to Fujiwara?
(a) She was actually her little sister.
(b) She was his daughter.
(c) She was Michitsuna's daughter.
(d) She was his niece.
10. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara about how she could not see him on her retreat?
(a) Ritual seclusion.
(b) Vow to her son.
11. With what did Michitsuna most struggle on their retreat?
(b) Vegetarian diet.
12. What sort of contest did Fujiwara hope to host?
13. Why did Fujiwara feel insulted by MM after his promotion in Tenroku?
(a) MM did not send congratulations.
(b) MM ignored him in the street.
(c) MM was not present at his induction.
(d) MM refused to address him by title.
14. How did Michitsuna feel about the retreat and seclusion?
15. With what or whom was MM concerned when she came home, much to Fujiwara's annoyance?
(b) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did MM move into her father's house?
2. How did MM feel about her husband's abandonment before her long retreat?
3. Why was Michitsuna given an official rank in court?
4. MM's aunt and ______ brought her gifts, hoping it would tempt her to return home.
5. What was MM's destination when she planned a pilgrimage in Book Two with her son?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)