|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Tenroku?
2. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
(a) Head Chamberlain.
(c) Senior Counselor.
(d) Grand Judge.
3. Why did MM not expect Fujiwara to visit her in her father's house?
(a) Her proximity to his mistress.
(b) Michitsuna's anger.
(c) His fear of her father.
(d) Its location.
4. What was MM's mood during her pilgrimage with her father?
5. Why did Kanetada's wife give her daughter up for adoption to MM?
(a) She was considering becoming a nun.
(b) She was not a good mother.
(c) She was becoming ill.
(d) She was too poor to care for the child.
6. Why did Fujiwara want MM to cancel her plans for a pilgrimage?
(a) He was afraid she would never come back.
(b) He was worried about her health.
(c) He was starting to become bored with Omi.
(d) He wanted to discuss something with her.
7. What did MM reveal about her adopted daughter to Fujiwara?
(a) She was his niece.
(b) She was actually her little sister.
(c) She was Michitsuna's daughter.
(d) She was his daughter.
8. Where did Fujiwara lay the blame for his absences after his promotion?
(a) MM's work.
(b) MM's illness.
(c) MM's depression.
(d) MM's temper.
9. What no longer had meaning for MM after her pilgrimage to Hase in light of her husband's behavior?
(d) Growing old.
10. In what season did the archery contest take place after MM's long illness?
11. Why did MM decide to adopt a child?
(a) She was lonely without children.
(b) She wanted to punish Fujiwara.
(c) She wanted more children.
(d) She was afraid she would have no one to take care of her.
12. Why was Michitsuna unable to follow the woman at the festival home?
(a) She was in a carriage.
(b) She was running away.
(c) Michitsuna was questioned by the police.
(d) She had guards.
13. In Book Two, for what was MM commissioned?
14. Through whom was MM only able to tolerate communicating with Fujiwara after adopting her daughter?
(b) Her daughter.
(c) The Prince.
15. Why did Fujiwara hide his face from MM during the archery contest?
(a) He had bruised up his face the day before.
(b) He did not want her to see how he aged.
(c) He was trying to avoid seeing her.
(d) He was ashamed of his behavior.
Short Answer Questions
1. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
2. What was the fate of the governor general's wife?
3. With what or whom was MM concerned when she came home, much to Fujiwara's annoyance?
4. After the incident with the minister, for what did Fujiwara prepare?
5. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)