|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did MM prepare for her prayers to Buddha during Fujiwara's long absences?
2. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
3. What natural element served to remind MM of her courtship with Fujiwara after his promotion?
4. Upon whose demand did MM finally leave the monastery?
(d) The Prince.
5. What did Fujiwara send to MM on her retreat to convince her to return home?
6. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
7. Where does Fujiwara meet MM on her retreat with her son?
8. What was the station of Omi, Fujiwara's latest fixation in Book Two?
(d) Serving lady.
9. Why did Fujiwara feel insulted by MM after his promotion in Tenroku?
(a) MM did not send congratulations.
(b) MM refused to address him by title.
(c) MM ignored him in the street.
(d) MM was not present at his induction.
10. Who delivered MM's letter to Fujiwara after her purification ceremony?
(d) The prince.
11. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara when he asked why she had not written him during Tenroku?
(a) His new job.
(b) Her devotion to her prayers.
(c) His new lover.
(d) Her illness.
12. In what season did the archery contest take place after MM's long illness?
13. What year was Tenroku?
14. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM after she moved in with her father?
(a) He was afraid she would take his money.
(b) He thought she did not tell him about her move on purpose.
(c) He believed she was turning Michitsuna against him.
(d) He was angry that her father was interfering with his life.
15. In what place was the minister forced to accept duties?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Fujiwara's intent in his reply to MM's missives in Book Two?
2. To what position was Fujiwara promoted during Tenroku?
3. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara about how she could not see him on her retreat?
4. Why was Michitsuna intent on finding his father after the fire?
5. Of what did Michitsuna's lady friend angrily accuse him?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)