|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was MM when Fujiwara begins to court her?
2. What kindness did Fujiwara show for MM after the loss of her loved one after ten years of marriage?
(a) He arranged and paid for the funeral.
(b) He allowed their son to attend the funeral.
(c) He left his first wife for her.
(d) He took her on a vacation.
3. Who succeeded the young prince after his death?
(a) The East Prince.
(b) The West Prince.
(c) The North Prince.
(d) The South Prince.
4. In Uji, MM especially enjoyed the waters and _____.
5. Where did MM primarily sleep during her pilgrimage?
(b) Diplomat's unused apartment.
(d) Friends' homes.
6. What did Fujiwara begin to do that caused MM to believe he was "cheating" in his courtship?
(a) Sending her money.
(b) Praying for her.
(c) Visiting her.
(d) Abusing her brother.
7. What was significant about Fujiwara's illicit relationship when he first married MM?
(a) It resulted in a baby.
(b) He was incredibly indiscreet.
(c) His marriage was null and void.
(d) He was quite secretive.
8. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
9. What did MM find lacking on the trail out of the market town?
(a) Living trees.
(d) Green plants.
10. For what did MM hope for Fujiwara's first wife after months of poor treatment from her husband?
(a) She wanted her to run away with Fujiwara.
(b) She wanted her to suffer.
(c) She wanted her to beg for forgiveness.
(d) She wanted her to only bear daughters to Fujiwara.
11. For how many months did Fujiwara court MM before her father left on a trip?
12. To where did MM make a pilgrimage after Fujiwara's promotion?
13. In this book, for what does MM stand?
(a) Miniyaka's Mother.
(b) Mary's Mother.
(c) Michitsuna's Mother.
(d) Moritoku's Mother.
14. Why was MM concerned that her prayers would not be answered?
(a) She felt she complained too much.
(b) She felt Tokihime had more potent prayers.
(c) She felt Tokihime and Fujiwara were praying against her own prayers.
(d) She felt she had fallen out of favor with her ancestors.
15. Why was Fujiwara not allowed to touch his wife when she was ill?
(a) He would grow ill.
(b) MM was hallucinating and was frightened of him.
(c) He could not return to court.
(d) His first wife forbade it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MM feel for Fujiwara's first wife when she realized he was seeing them both?
2. Where is MM when Fujiwara first attempted to visit her?
3. What was the market town MM visited on her pilgrimage?
4. For what did Fujiwara constantly berate his wife during the time she dealt with a death in the family and his own illness?
5. To whom did MM attempt to object about Fujiwara's unwanted courtship?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)