|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kept MM awake one night during her pilgrimage?
(a) A priest.
(b) The Prince.
(c) A blind man.
(d) A poet.
2. For what did Fujiwara instruct MM to prepare when she returned from her pilgrimage?
(d) Purification Ceremony.
3. Where did MM primarily sleep during her pilgrimage?
(a) Diplomat's unused apartment.
(d) Friends' homes.
4. What did Fujiwara begin to do that caused MM to believe he was "cheating" in his courtship?
(a) Sending her money.
(b) Praying for her.
(c) Visiting her.
(d) Abusing her brother.
5. What did MM feel for Fujiwara's first wife when she realized he was seeing them both?
6. How old was MM when Fujiwara begins to court her?
7. After mourning for a year, what did MM and her family purify?
8. What did MM and Fujiwara play at the Gosechi Festival?
9. For how many months did Fujiwara court MM before her father left on a trip?
10. From whom did the courier in the market town bear a message?
(c) The Prince.
(d) Lady Joganden.
11. Who responded to MM's letters for Fujiwara during his illness?
(a) His son.
(b) The Prince.
(c) His assistant.
(d) His first wife.
12. Before his awkward return back to MM, how many days did Fujiwara disappear after an argument with her?
13. What did MM discover amidst Fujiwara's belongings early in their marriage?
(a) A drawing of a nude woman.
(b) A note to another woman.
(c) A flower.
(d) A book of verse.
14. What was the market town MM visited on her pilgrimage?
15. In the event of his death, for how many months did Fujiwara request MM mourn before remarrying?
Short Answer Questions
1. In this book, for what does MM stand?
2. What cruel practice does Fujiwara make with his first wife that hurts MM more than anything in the early days of his relationship with both of them?
3. How many goose eggs did MM send to the young prince?
4. What was the purpose of the message sent by the courier to MM in the market town?
5. Why was Fujiwara not allowed to touch his wife when she was ill?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)