|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MM find hard to do when Fujiwara chose to spend his time with his other wife?
(c) Care for her child.
2. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
3. How did MM feel about her marriage after ten years?
(a) She felt completed by it.
(b) She understood its uniqueness.
(c) She was constantly angry.
(d) She felt empowered by it.
4. How did Fujiwara describe his ongoing relationship with his first wife to MM?
5. Why did Fujiwara move MM closer to the palace after his promotion?
(a) He did not trust her.
(b) The Prince wanted to court MM for himself.
(c) He could see her more often.
(d) The new home was cheaper.
6. What did Fujiwara begin to do that caused MM to believe he was "cheating" in his courtship?
(a) Sending her money.
(b) Praying for her.
(c) Visiting her.
(d) Abusing her brother.
7. What was significant about Fujiwara's illicit relationship when he first married MM?
(a) He was incredibly indiscreet.
(b) His marriage was null and void.
(c) He was quite secretive.
(d) It resulted in a baby.
8. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
(a) He no longer loved her.
(b) He was too busy.
(c) He did not particularly care about her feelings.
(d) She was not worthy of his attention.
9. How did the Prince treat the problems of his new neighbors, Fujiwara, and MM?
(c) He grew furious with Fujiwara's infidelity.
(d) He ignored them.
10. Why did MM make so many pilgrimages to different shrines?
(a) She felt less alone.
(b) She wanted help for her worries.
(c) She was becoming more religious.
(d) She was praying for guidance.
11. What was the market town MM visited on her pilgrimage?
12. What action did the Prince take that confused and unsettled MM when Fujiwara went to see his first wife?
(a) He kicked her out of her house.
(b) He proposed to her.
(c) He propositioned her.
(d) He abused her.
13. Who stayed in the same apartment building as MM by the palace?
(b) MM's father.
(c) The Prince.
(d) Lady Joganden.
14. With what is Fujiwara dissatisfied amid his wives' struggles to prove to him their worth?
(a) His status as an adulterer.
(b) His promotion.
(c) His health.
(d) His son.
15. What kindness did Fujiwara show for MM after the loss of her loved one after ten years of marriage?
(a) He took her on a vacation.
(b) He arranged and paid for the funeral.
(c) He left his first wife for her.
(d) He allowed their son to attend the funeral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to MM's illness around the ten year mark of her marriage?
2. What was the name of Fujiwara's first wife?
3. How did the town treat Fujiwara's affair?
4. To where did MM make a pilgrimage after Fujiwara's promotion?
5. In what season did MM and Fujiwara move into her father's old house?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)