|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
(a) He did not particularly care about her feelings.
(b) She was not worthy of his attention.
(c) He was too busy.
(d) He no longer loved her.
2. What cruel practice does Fujiwara make with his first wife that hurts MM more than anything in the early days of his relationship with both of them?
(a) He told everyone Michitsuna was Tokihime's son.
(b) He rode past his house with MM with Tokihime.
(c) He told everyone MM was Tokihime's servant.
(d) He flaunted his child with Tokihime.
3. What action did the Prince take that confused and unsettled MM when Fujiwara went to see his first wife?
(a) He abused her.
(b) He proposed to her.
(c) He kicked her out of her house.
(d) He propositioned her.
4. What was the name of Fujiwara's first wife?
5. What kindness did Fujiwara show for MM after the loss of her loved one after ten years of marriage?
(a) He took her on a vacation.
(b) He allowed their son to attend the funeral.
(c) He left his first wife for her.
(d) He arranged and paid for the funeral.
6. After the year of mourning, what happened that sent MM back into her depression?
(a) Her sister's departure.
(b) Her son's anger.
(c) Her aunt's death.
(d) Her husband's abuse.
7. How did Fujiwara respond to the Prince's actions with his wife?
(a) He ignored it.
(b) He grew angry with the Prince.
(c) He was elated by the Prince's attention.
(d) He grew angry with MM.
8. Before his awkward return back to MM, how many days did Fujiwara disappear after an argument with her?
9. Who kept MM awake one night during her pilgrimage?
(a) A priest.
(b) A blind man.
(c) The Prince.
(d) A poet.
10. What natural disaster hit the town after Fujiwara finally stayed a night with MM after their first falling out over his first wife?
11. Where did MM primarily sleep during her pilgrimage?
(c) Friends' homes.
(d) Diplomat's unused apartment.
12. In this book, for what does MM stand?
(a) Moritoku's Mother.
(b) Mary's Mother.
(c) Michitsuna's Mother.
(d) Miniyaka's Mother.
13. What did MM learn about Fujiwara's affair with his first wife in the early years of their marriage that caused her the most distress?
(a) His first wife was richer.
(b) Fujiwara was telling everyone that MM was simply his mistress.
(c) He was going to leave MM for his first wife.
(d) He had a child with his first wife.
14. Why did Fujiwara move MM closer to the palace after his promotion?
(a) The new home was cheaper.
(b) He could see her more often.
(c) The Prince wanted to court MM for himself.
(d) He did not trust her.
15. To what position was Fujiwara promoted upon the death of the prince?
(a) Head secretary.
(c) Head cook.
(d) Head chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the box next to MM and Fujiwara at the Gosechi Festival?
2. Who was in charge of the administration with whom Fujiwara worked?
3. What did MM feel for Fujiwara's first wife when she realized he was seeing them both?
4. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
5. How did MM feel about her marriage after ten years?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)