|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
2. Why was Fujiwara not allowed to touch his wife when she was ill?
(a) He could not return to court.
(b) His first wife forbade it.
(c) MM was hallucinating and was frightened of him.
(d) He would grow ill.
3. To where did MM make a pilgrimage after Fujiwara's promotion?
4. In this book, for what does MM stand?
(a) Michitsuna's Mother.
(b) Moritoku's Mother.
(c) Mary's Mother.
(d) Miniyaka's Mother.
5. What favor did Fujiwara ask MM to do for his first wife?
(a) Help her in childbirth.
(b) Cook her dinner.
(c) Pray for her.
(d) Sew baby clothes.
6. For how many days was Fujiwara seriously ill?
7. What did Fujiwara suggest that MM should do if she was dissatisfied with him as a spouse?
(a) Find another husband.
(b) Become a better wife.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Leave the village.
8. What did MM find hard to do when Fujiwara chose to spend his time with his other wife?
(d) Care for her child.
9. What was the purpose of the message sent by the courier to MM in the market town?
(a) Lady Joganden wished to tell her friend that she was moving.
(b) Tokihime was threatening MM to stay away.
(c) The Prince wished to meet her.
(d) Fujiwara wanted to know when she would return home.
10. Why did Fujiwara move MM closer to the palace after his promotion?
(a) The Prince wanted to court MM for himself.
(b) The new home was cheaper.
(c) He did not trust her.
(d) He could see her more often.
11. Looking back on Fujiwara's courtship, what was significant about how MM currently felt about her eventual marriage to him?
12. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
(a) She became sick.
(b) She grew angry.
(c) She cried.
(d) She grew happy.
13. What ceremony did the Prince celebrate with Fujiwara and MM?
14. Who succeeded the young prince after his death?
(a) The East Prince.
(b) The West Prince.
(c) The North Prince.
(d) The South Prince.
15. What was MM's fear after she learned of her husband's affair with his first wife?
(a) She was to become a servant.
(b) Her child would be taken away from her.
(c) Her marriage was over.
(d) Her marriage was never legitimate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action did the Prince take that confused and unsettled MM when Fujiwara went to see his first wife?
2. How did the Prince treat the problems of his new neighbors, Fujiwara, and MM?
3. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
4. What distressed MM most about her ten years of marriage to Fujiwara?
5. In Uji, MM especially enjoyed the waters and _____.
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)