|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Pages 272 through 328.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To where did MM make a pilgrimage after Fujiwara's promotion?
2. In the event of his death, for how many months did Fujiwara request MM mourn before remarrying?
3. What was Fujiwara's intent in his reply to MM's missives in Book Two?
(a) He was praying for their son's health and happiness.
(b) He wished to satisfy the lunar calendar.
(c) He was hoping to divorce her soon.
(d) He was hoping for forgiveness about his adultery.
4. For what did Fujiwara instruct MM to prepare when she returned from her pilgrimage?
(c) Purification Ceremony.
5. Who offered to escort MM home (though she declined)?
(a) Captain of the guards.
(c) The Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Fujiwara angry with MM after she moved in with her father?
2. From whom did the courier in the market town bear a message?
3. What words did MM's child begin to repeat after hearing his father say it repeatedly?
4. Who delivered MM's letter to Fujiwara after her purification ceremony?
5. What kept MM from committing suicide after her husband's rebuke about her depression in Book Two?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)