|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Pages 272 through 328.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Fujiwara move MM closer to the palace after his promotion?
(a) The new home was cheaper.
(b) He did not trust her.
(c) He could see her more often.
(d) The Prince wanted to court MM for himself.
2. Why did MM's attendants burn poppy seeds?
(a) They hoped to give the illusion of a busy household.
(b) They tried to ward out evil spirits.
(c) They hoped it would heal her sickness.
(d) They did this as a sign of disrespect for Fujiwara.
3. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
4. Why did Kanetada's wife give her daughter up for adoption to MM?
(a) She was too poor to care for the child.
(b) She was not a good mother.
(c) She was becoming ill.
(d) She was considering becoming a nun.
5. Why was MM concerned that her prayers would not be answered?
(a) She felt she complained too much.
(b) She felt Tokihime and Fujiwara were praying against her own prayers.
(c) She felt she had fallen out of favor with her ancestors.
(d) She felt Tokihime had more potent prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _______ of the Ono Palace passed away in Book Two.
2. To what position was Fujiwara promoted upon the death of the prince?
3. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
4. Why was Michitsuna intent on finding his father after the fire?
5. Who responded to MM's letters for Fujiwara during his illness?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)