|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Pages 219 to 271.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
2. After MM refuses to perform an insulting favor for Fujiwara and his first wife, how long does he shun her?
(a) Three years.
(b) Several months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A week.
3. Who succeeded the young prince after his death?
(a) The South Prince.
(b) The West Prince.
(c) The North Prince.
(d) The East Prince.
4. What did Fujiwara send to MM on her retreat to convince her to return home?
5. How did MM maintain a low profile during her stay in Uji?
(a) She dressed herself in peasant clothing.
(b) She did not stay in a hotel.
(c) She brought very few attendants.
(d) She avoided to the shrine during its more populated hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor did Fujiwara ask MM to do for his first wife?
2. Of what did MM's prayer offerings consist?
3. How many goose eggs did MM send to the young prince?
4. Where did Fujiwara lay the blame for his absences after his promotion?
5. While on her retreat, what did MM refuse to do, much to the distress of her family?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)