|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Pages 219 to 271.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom did the courier in the market town bear a message?
(b) The Prince.
(c) Lady Joganden.
2. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
(a) She grew angry.
(b) She grew happy.
(c) She cried.
(d) She became sick.
3. What did MM discover amidst Fujiwara's belongings early in their marriage?
(a) A flower.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) A drawing of a nude woman.
(d) A note to another woman.
4. What did MM and Fujiwara play at the Gosechi Festival?
5. What was significant about the letters MM sent back to Fujiwara during their courtship?
(a) She enclosed a lock of her hair.
(b) She dabbed it with her perfume.
(c) The tone was cold.
(d) The letters were loving.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which family member of MM's traveled a great deal?
2. How did Fujiwara respond to the Prince's actions with his wife?
3. What favor did Fujiwara ask MM to do for his first wife?
4. What action did the Prince take that confused and unsettled MM when Fujiwara went to see his first wife?
5. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)