|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Pages 219 to 271.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
2. What excuse did MM give to Fujiwara about how she could not see him on her retreat?
(a) Vow to her son.
(c) Ritual seclusion.
3. To what temple did MM travel with her father?
4. What was particularly important about MM's visit to Fujiwara after his recovery?
(a) She asked for a divorce.
(b) He ignored her.
(c) She stayed the night.
(d) He asked for a divorce.
5. MM was most unsure of ____________________during her first days home from the retreat.
(a) Her relationship with Fujiwara.
(b) Her relationship with her son.
(c) Her ability to meditate outside of the monastery.
(d) The effectiveness of her absence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the fate of the governor general's wife?
2. What sort of tournament did Fujiwara discuss seeing with MM in his letter?
3. Why did Fujiwara move MM closer to the palace after his promotion?
4. How did the Prince treat the problems of his new neighbors, Fujiwara, and MM?
5. Upon whose demand did MM finally leave the monastery?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)