|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Page 137 through 168.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
2. In Uji, MM especially enjoyed the waters and _____.
3. Who stayed in the same apartment building as MM by the palace?
(b) Lady Joganden.
(c) The Prince.
(d) MM's father.
4. For how many months did Fujiwara court MM before her father left on a trip?
5. Why was Fujiwara not allowed to touch his wife when she was ill?
(a) He would grow ill.
(b) His first wife forbade it.
(c) He could not return to court.
(d) MM was hallucinating and was frightened of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the market town MM visited on her pilgrimage?
2. In this book, for what does MM stand?
3. What did MM learn about Fujiwara's affair with his first wife in the early years of their marriage that caused her the most distress?
4. With what is Fujiwara dissatisfied amid his wives' struggles to prove to him their worth?
5. Why did Fujiwara leave home after he became ill?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)