|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Page 137 through 168.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the event of his death, for how many months did Fujiwara request MM mourn before remarrying?
2. What river did MM cross to reach the object of her pilgrimage?
3. Why did Fujiwara move MM closer to the palace after his promotion?
(a) He did not trust her.
(b) The Prince wanted to court MM for himself.
(c) He could see her more often.
(d) The new home was cheaper.
4. How did MM feel about her marriage after ten years?
(a) She felt completed by it.
(b) She was constantly angry.
(c) She felt empowered by it.
(d) She understood its uniqueness.
5. What favor did Fujiwara ask MM to do for his first wife?
(a) Pray for her.
(b) Cook her dinner.
(c) Sew baby clothes.
(d) Help her in childbirth.
Short Answer Questions
1. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
2. What did MM feel for Fujiwara's first wife when she realized he was seeing them both?
3. How many prayer offerings did MM make to the shrines?
4. Who kept MM awake one night during her pilgrimage?
5. Why was Fujiwara not allowed to touch his wife when she was ill?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)