|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Pages 95 through 136.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MM find hard to do when Fujiwara chose to spend his time with his other wife?
(a) Care for her child.
2. Looking back on Fujiwara's courtship, what was significant about how MM currently felt about her eventual marriage to him?
3. How did MM realize that Fujiwara was not spending much time with his first wife?
(a) Fujiwara had become ill.
(b) She was trying to win him back as well.
(c) His first wife had other lovers.
(d) Fujiwara was out of the village.
4. What was the name of Fujiwara's first wife?
5. In what season did MM and Fujiwara move into her father's old house?
Short Answer Questions
1. When she was looking back on her courtship with Fujiwara, what did MM admit doing when she currently saw him?
2. What did MM and Fujiwara play at the Gosechi Festival?
3. After mourning for a year, what did MM and her family purify?
4. When Fujiwara replied to MM's letter in Book One, how did he justify his behavior?
5. In this book, for what does MM stand?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)