|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Pages 95 through 136.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was in the box next to MM and Fujiwara at the Gosechi Festival?
(a) MM's father.
(b) His first wife.
(c) The Prince.
(d) Their future daughter-in-law's family.
2. To whom did MM attempt to object about Fujiwara's unwanted courtship?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. After mourning for a year, what did MM and her family purify?
4. What cruel practice does Fujiwara make with his first wife that hurts MM more than anything in the early days of his relationship with both of them?
(a) He rode past his house with MM with Tokihime.
(b) He flaunted his child with Tokihime.
(c) He told everyone Michitsuna was Tokihime's son.
(d) He told everyone MM was Tokihime's servant.
5. After MM refuses to perform an insulting favor for Fujiwara and his first wife, how long does he shun her?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) Several months.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was significant about Fujiwara's illicit relationship when he first married MM?
2. For how many months did Fujiwara court MM before her father left on a trip?
3. After ten years of marriage, what did Fujiwara claim so he could avoid dealing with MM's feelings?
4. Why did Fujiwara leave home after he became ill?
5. In the event of his death, for how many months did Fujiwara request MM mourn before remarrying?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)