|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Pages 55 through 94.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words did MM's child begin to repeat after hearing his father say it repeatedly?
(a) "You are no good."
(b) "I am more than you need."
(c) "I am leaving now."
(d) "See you later."
2. What did MM assume about Fujiwara's first wife when he began to stay with her again?
(a) She had lost favor with him.
(b) She had gotten sick.
(c) She was pregnant again.
(d) She had kicked him out.
3. For how many months did Fujiwara court MM before her father left on a trip?
4. What did MM discover amidst Fujiwara's belongings early in their marriage?
(a) A book of verse.
(b) A note to another woman.
(c) A flower.
(d) A drawing of a nude woman.
5. Looking back on Fujiwara's courtship, what was significant about how MM currently felt about her eventual marriage to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What cruel practice does Fujiwara make with his first wife that hurts MM more than anything in the early days of his relationship with both of them?
2. For what did MM hope for Fujiwara's first wife after months of poor treatment from her husband?
3. How old was MM when Fujiwara begins to court her?
4. How did the town treat Fujiwara's affair?
5. What did MM admit to considering when she wrote her letter to Fujiwara?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)