|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Pages 272 through 328.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did MM feel about her marriage after ten years?
(a) She was constantly angry.
(b) She felt empowered by it.
(c) She understood its uniqueness.
(d) She felt completed by it.
2. After the incident with the minister, for what did Fujiwara prepare?
(a) A long fast.
(b) Religious observances.
(d) A third marriage.
3. What happened to the minister of the left?
4. What did Fujiwara suggest that MM should do if she was dissatisfied with him as a spouse?
(a) Become a better wife.
(b) Leave the village.
(c) Become a nun.
(d) Find another husband.
5. What did MM assume about Fujiwara's first wife when he began to stay with her again?
(a) She had gotten sick.
(b) She had lost favor with him.
(c) She had kicked him out.
(d) She was pregnant again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kept MM awake one night during her pilgrimage?
2. Why was MM unable to prepare Fujiwara's mourning clothes?
3. Fujiwara confronted MM about ________________during their letter exchange after she adopted his child.
4. What did MM admit to considering when she wrote her letter to Fujiwara?
5. Why did MM's attendants burn poppy seeds?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)