|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Three: Pages 272 through 328.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what sort of mood was Fujiwara when he came to see MM during the early period of his polygamist life with her?
2. Why did Fujiwara want MM to cancel her plans for a pilgrimage?
(a) He wanted to discuss something with her.
(b) He was worried about her health.
(c) He was afraid she would never come back.
(d) He was starting to become bored with Omi.
3. Why was MM unable to prepare Fujiwara's mourning clothes?
(a) The attendants in charge of that were gone.
(b) MM was too ill.
(c) MM was on a pilgrimage.
(d) Fujiwara had gained too much weight for MM to accurately measure him.
4. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
(a) Become a monk.
(b) Commit suicide.
(c) Join the military.
(d) Leave their country.
5. Why did Fujiwara hide his face from MM during the archery contest?
(a) He had bruised up his face the day before.
(b) He did not want her to see how he aged.
(c) He was ashamed of his behavior.
(d) He was trying to avoid seeing her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the market town MM visited on her pilgrimage?
2. Upon whose demand did MM finally leave the monastery?
3. Who stayed in the same apartment building as MM by the palace?
4. Why was Fujiwara not allowed to touch his wife when she was ill?
5. To where did MM make a pilgrimage after Fujiwara's promotion?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)