|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One: Pages 95 through 136.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Fujiwara begin to do that caused MM to believe he was "cheating" in his courtship?
(a) Sending her money.
(b) Praying for her.
(c) Abusing her brother.
(d) Visiting her.
2. What cruel practice does Fujiwara make with his first wife that hurts MM more than anything in the early days of his relationship with both of them?
(a) He flaunted his child with Tokihime.
(b) He rode past his house with MM with Tokihime.
(c) He told everyone Michitsuna was Tokihime's son.
(d) He told everyone MM was Tokihime's servant.
3. What was the name of Fujiwara's first wife?
4. With what is Fujiwara dissatisfied amid his wives' struggles to prove to him their worth?
(a) His son.
(b) His status as an adulterer.
(c) His health.
(d) His promotion.
5. In what season did MM and Fujiwara move into her father's old house?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Fujiwara respond to the Prince's actions with his wife?
2. When Fujiwara replied to MM's letter in Book One, how did he justify his behavior?
3. Which family member of MM's traveled a great deal?
4. Who was in charge of the administration with whom Fujiwara worked?
5. For how many days was Fujiwara seriously ill?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)