|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Page 169 through 218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did MM discover amidst Fujiwara's belongings early in their marriage?
(a) A flower.
(b) A book of verse.
(c) A drawing of a nude woman.
(d) A note to another woman.
2. How did the Prince treat the problems of his new neighbors, Fujiwara, and MM?
(b) He grew furious with Fujiwara's infidelity.
(c) He ignored them.
3. Why did Fujiwara leave home after he became ill?
(a) He did not want to get his son sick.
(b) He did not think MM could handle caring for him.
(c) He did not want MM to see his decline.
(d) He was afraid he would never see his first wife again.
4. What was Fujiwara's intent in his reply to MM's missives in Book Two?
(a) He wished to satisfy the lunar calendar.
(b) He was hoping to divorce her soon.
(c) He was praying for their son's health and happiness.
(d) He was hoping for forgiveness about his adultery.
5. How did MM initially learn of her husband's polygamy?
(a) She followed him.
(b) She had him followed.
(c) She was told by the village midwife.
(d) His other wife approached her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony did the Prince celebrate with Fujiwara and MM?
2. In what place was the minister forced to accept duties?
3. What river did MM cross to reach the object of her pilgrimage?
4. What did Fujiwara do especially with MM when she first visited him after his illness?
5. What was particularly important about MM's visit to Fujiwara after his recovery?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)