|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Page 169 through 218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did MM maintain a low profile during her stay in Uji?
(a) She avoided to the shrine during its more populated hours.
(b) She did not stay in a hotel.
(c) She dressed herself in peasant clothing.
(d) She brought very few attendants.
2. In the event of his death, for how many months did Fujiwara request MM mourn before remarrying?
3. Why was MM unable to prepare Fujiwara's mourning clothes?
(a) MM was on a pilgrimage.
(b) The attendants in charge of that were gone.
(c) MM was too ill.
(d) Fujiwara had gained too much weight for MM to accurately measure him.
4. To what position was Fujiwara promoted upon the death of the prince?
(a) Head cook.
(c) Head secretary.
(d) Head chamberlain.
5. When Fujiwara replied to MM's letter in Book One, how did he justify his behavior?
(a) He was obeying her father's wishes.
(b) He was a weak man.
(c) She was an unfaithful partner.
(d) She was not in love with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Michitsuna threaten to do if MM committed suicide?
2. In Uji, MM especially enjoyed the waters and _____.
3. In this book, for what does MM stand?
4. What did MM feel for Fujiwara's first wife when she realized he was seeing them both?
5. MM's son was very proficient in both archery and _____.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)