|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two: Page 169 through 218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this book, for what does MM stand?
(a) Moritoku's Mother.
(b) Mary's Mother.
(c) Michitsuna's Mother.
(d) Miniyaka's Mother.
2. For how long was MM ill in Book Two?
3. Why was MM concerned that her prayers would not be answered?
(a) She felt Tokihime and Fujiwara were praying against her own prayers.
(b) She felt she complained too much.
(c) She felt Tokihime had more potent prayers.
(d) She felt she had fallen out of favor with her ancestors.
4. What was the name of Fujiwara's first wife?
5. Why did Fujiwara move MM closer to the palace after his promotion?
(a) The Prince wanted to court MM for himself.
(b) He could see her more often.
(c) The new home was cheaper.
(d) He did not trust her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did MM assume about Fujiwara's first wife when he began to stay with her again?
2. Who was in charge of the administration with whom Fujiwara worked?
3. When Fujiwara replied to MM's letter in Book One, how did he justify his behavior?
4. What did MM enjoy watching most of all in Uji?
5. What natural disaster hit the town after Fujiwara finally stayed a night with MM after their first falling out over his first wife?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)