Book One: Pages 55 through 94
1. In this book, for what does MM stand?
(a) Mary's Mother.
(b) Michitsuna's Mother.
(c) Miniyaka's Mother.
(d) Moritoku's Mother.
2. How old was MM when Fujiwara begins to court her?
3. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
4. To whom did MM attempt to object about Fujiwara's unwanted courtship?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What was significant about the letters MM sent back to Fujiwara during their courtship?
(a) She enclosed a lock of her hair.
(b) She dabbed it with her perfume.
(c) The tone was cold.
(d) The letters were loving.
6. Where is MM when Fujiwara first attempted to visit her?
(d) Her grandmother's house.
7. What did Fujiwara begin to do that caused MM to believe he was "cheating" in his courtship?
(a) Abusing her brother.
(b) Sending her money.
(c) Praying for her.
(d) Visiting her.
This section contains 4,415 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)