Book One: Pages 55 through 94
1. In this book, for what does MM stand?
(a) Miniyaka's Mother.
(b) Mary's Mother.
(c) Michitsuna's Mother.
(d) Moritoku's Mother.
2. How old was MM when Fujiwara begins to court her?
3. What did Fujiwara enjoy sending MM in the early days of their courtship?
4. To whom did MM attempt to object about Fujiwara's unwanted courtship?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her grandmother.
5. What was significant about the letters MM sent back to Fujiwara during their courtship?
(a) The tone was cold.
(b) She dabbed it with her perfume.
(c) She enclosed a lock of her hair.
(d) The letters were loving.
6. Where is MM when Fujiwara first attempted to visit her?
(d) Her grandmother's house.
7. What did Fujiwara begin to do that caused MM to believe he was "cheating" in his courtship?
(a) Abusing her brother.
(b) Visiting her.
(c) Praying for her.
(d) Sending her money.
This section contains 4,415 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)