* MM was courted by Fujiwara, who sent her poetry and discussed his intentions with her father.
* MM's concerns about Fujiwara were dismissed, and he pressured her for months.
* MM resented Fujiwara's intrusion and reflected upon how the sight of him now caused her to lapse in tears.
* After nine months of courtship, Fujiwara married MM while her father was away.
* MM gave birth to their son and discovered that her unwanted husband was having an affair.
* MM tried to contact Tokihime, Fujiwara's first wife and the woman with whom he was staying.
* Relations between MM and Fujiwara deteriorated.
* Fujiwara brazenly flaunted his affair, much to MM's despair.
* They were the main gossip of the town, and Fujiwara took advantage of MM's depression.
* Fujiwara began to stay with MM again, causing her to believe she had her husband back.
* Fujiwara's absences and neglect began to...
This section contains 1,297 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)