|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Cicero arrange to wait under the Milvian Bridge?
(a) Three Senators.
(b) Catiline's wife.
(d) Two men.
2. Where does Petreius first attack Catiline?
(a) On the right flank.
(b) On the left flank.
(c) From the rear.
(d) Down the center.
3. What does Catiline plan to do with Lucius Cotta and Lucius Torquatus?
(a) Assassinate them.
(b) Marry them to his sisters.
(c) Make them ambassadors.
(d) Give them high positions in their government.
4. Who is told about Catiline's plans for Cicero?
5. Why does an empire need to have an emphasis on the mind?
(a) The government has to be smarter than the slaves.
(b) The government has to educate the people.
(c) There is so much paperwork.
(d) The government would be constantly changing without it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the government become unsupportable?
2. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
3. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
4. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
5. Who is marching towards Catiline and his army?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jugurtha provoke Adherbal into resuming hostilities?
2. What does Memmuis tell Jugurtha he must do when Cassius brings him to Rome and how does Jugurtha get out of it?
3. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
4. What does Cicero ask of the Gauls and why?
5. What does Sallust say happened because the society was fragile that led to the end of the society?
6. How does the Senate respond to Jugurtha's action towards Adherbal?
7. What does Cicero do with some of the conspirators and what is their ultimate fate? Who argues for their fate?
8. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
9. What does Metellus do with Bohumilcar?
10. What does Jugurtha decide to do after he agrees to surrender to Metellus?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)