|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he tell his followers to carry at all times?
(a) Carrier pigeons.
(b) Food and water.
(d) Letters from him.
2. What does Cathegus think is the best way to forward the conspiracy?
(a) Work covertly behind the scenes.
(b) Immediate action.
(c) Kill the entire Senate.
(d) Follow Catiline to France.
3. Why does an empire need to have an emphasis on the mind?
(a) The government has to be smarter than the slaves.
(b) The government would be constantly changing without it.
(c) The government has to educate the people.
(d) There is so much paperwork.
4. What troops does the Senate send out?
(a) Octavio and his troops.
(b) Cicero and his troops.
(c) The Senate guard.
(d) Antonio and his troops.
5. How do the people in the Senate feel towards Catiline when he enters the Senate?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
2. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
3. What two groups came together to form Rome?
4. How does the Senate decide Crassus' guilt?
5. Who does Cicero arrange to wait under the Milvian Bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cicero ask of the Gauls and why?
2. What does Catline do when he realizes he is being defeated?
3. What do Catiline's followers want to do with Cicero?
4. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
5. What happens when Cicero takes the conspirators to the Senate?
6. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
7. What does Sallust say happened because the society was fragile that led to the end of the society?
8. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
9. How does Sallust compare Catlin and Cicero?
10. What assassinations does Catiline plot and what does he plan to do with Piso?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)