|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What troops does the Senate send out?
(a) Cicero and his troops.
(b) Antonio and his troops.
(c) Octavio and his troops.
(d) The Senate guard.
2. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
3. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Put in checks and balances on power.
(b) Controlled the morals of the people.
(c) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
(d) Brought people together with love of their country.
4. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
(a) By conspiracy.
(b) By elections.
(c) Through war.
(d) By assimilation.
5. What does he tell his followers to carry at all times?
(a) Carrier pigeons.
(b) Food and water.
(d) Letters from him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catiline do after he leaves the Senate?
2. What type of people in general, did Sallust say the army had?
3. What does Catiline mix for his followers to drink?
4. Who does not like Catiline's plans for Cicero?
5. What does Catiline do when he hears about his men being killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
2. What does Quinton Metellus do about Catiline's army and what kind of situation does that make for Catiline?
3. What does Cicero do with some of the conspirators and what is their ultimate fate? Who argues for their fate?
4. What does the Senate hear about Manilus and how does it affect Rome?
5. What happens when Cicero takes the conspirators to the Senate?
6. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
7. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
8. Who does Catiline attempt to recruit for allies and how do they respond?
9. How does Sallust's disgust for greed relate to what Catiline said he wanted to do?
10. What assassinations does Catiline plot and what does he plan to do with Piso?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)