|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened with Catiline's constituency?
(a) They were starving.
(b) They were ignored by others.
(c) They became very wealthy.
(d) They became power hungry.
2. What does Sallust say is one of the main differences between Catiline and Cicero?
(a) Cicero was full of passion and brutality.
(b) Catiline knew how to delegate tasks.
(c) Cicero was calm and intellectual.
(d) Catiline was calm and intellectual.
3. Who names Marcus Crassus as a conspirator?
4. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
(a) Arrange a meeting between him and the conspirators.
(b) Join his army.
(c) Play along with Catiline.
(d) Go join Antonio.
5. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
(a) They are strangled.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) Some are set free, some are hanged.
(d) They are exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people in general, did Sallust say the army had?
2. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
3. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
4. What troops does the Senate send out?
5. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
2. What surprises Petreius about Catiline and what is his response?
3. Why did the Romans have to defend their borders and what did they do after they were successful in that?
4. What do Catiline's followers want to do with Cicero?
5. What assassinations does Catiline plot and what does he plan to do with Piso?
6. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
7. What does Quinton Metellus do about Catiline's army and what kind of situation does that make for Catiline?
8. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
9. What does Catiline do after going to the Senate and how does he hide his intentions?
10. Where is Catiline going with his army and what does Antonio do about it?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)