|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Antonio do before the battle with Catiline?
(a) Give a speech to the soldiers.
(b) Hand command over to Petreius.
(c) Meet with his commanders.
(d) Take a nap.
2. What does the rumors of an army coming to Rome do in the city?
(b) Spread panic.
(c) Cause hoarding and riots.
(d) Make the citizens arm themselves.
3. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
(a) By conspiracy.
(b) By assimilation.
(c) Through war.
(d) By elections.
4. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
(a) Join his army.
(b) Arrange a meeting between him and the conspirators.
(c) Play along with Catiline.
(d) Go join Antonio.
5. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Controlled the morals of the people.
(b) Brought people together with love of their country.
(c) Put in checks and balances on power.
(d) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catiline promise the Senate?
2. What does Sallust say is the reason Catiline eventually led the battle from the front line?
3. What does Cato say about the fate of the traitors?
4. Where is Lucuis Tarquinious arrested?
5. Who does Sallust say Piso treated harshly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
2. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
3. What does Cicero do with some of the conspirators and what is their ultimate fate? Who argues for their fate?
4. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
5. What does Quinton Metellus do about Catiline's army and what kind of situation does that make for Catiline?
6. Where is Catiline going with his army and what does Antonio do about it?
7. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
8. What does Catiline do after going to the Senate and how does he hide his intentions?
9. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
10. What and where is Manilos doing?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)