|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cicero having a difficult time doing related to Manilos?
(a) Finding him.
(b) Getting his permission to marry his sister.
(c) Getting good intelligence.
(d) Convincing him to be on Cicero's side.
2. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
(a) Play along with Catiline.
(b) Arrange a meeting between him and the conspirators.
(c) Join his army.
(d) Go join Antonio.
3. How does Sallust feel about the answer to question #35?
(c) Begrudging respect.
4. What does Catiline plan to do about Cicero?
(a) Assassinate him.
(b) Exile him.
(c) Make him an advisor.
(d) Enlist him in his cause.
5. Where does Petreius attack Catiline after his initial attack?
(a) On the left wing and in the rear.
(b) On the left and right wings.
(c) Down the center.
(d) Across the entire front.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
2. What does Antonio do before the battle with Catiline?
3. Who is marching towards Catiline and his army?
4. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
5. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cicero ask of the Gauls and why?
2. What does Quinton Metellus do about Catiline's army and what kind of situation does that make for Catiline?
3. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
4. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
5. What does Catiline do after going to the Senate and how does he hide his intentions?
6. What is Catiline's only choice for his army? Who takes over Antonio's army and why? What does he do with the army before they fight?
7. Where is Catiline going with his army and what does Antonio do about it?
8. What did Catiline do before he was married?
9. Why did the Romans have to defend their borders and what did they do after they were successful in that?
10. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)