|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in question #55 do after Catiline leaves them?
(a) Disclose his request to Rome.
(b) Send their best warriors to Rome.
(c) Get ready for war.
(d) Nothing, it is of no concern to them.
2. What does Sallust say is one of the main differences between Catiline and Cicero?
(a) Catiline was calm and intellectual.
(b) Catiline knew how to delegate tasks.
(c) Cicero was full of passion and brutality.
(d) Cicero was calm and intellectual.
3. Where does Cicero work?
(a) In the merchants' section of Rome.
(b) The Senate building.
(c) The solicitation Consul's house.
(d) At the Roman Court.
4. What does Sallust think a reader of history believes?
(a) History is generally boring.
(b) It is always censored.
(c) It is completely accurate.
(d) It is written with a bias.
5. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Put in checks and balances on power.
(b) Brought people together with love of their country.
(c) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
(d) Controlled the morals of the people.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in the Senate feel towards Catiline when he enters the Senate?
2. What does Catiline plan to do eventually in Rome?
3. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
4. What is Curius' final role in the situation with Catiline?
5. Why was the early Roman society morally sound?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what manner did Sylla take over the government and what did he do with the army?
2. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
3. Why was there a public voting for another consul?
4. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
5. What does Sallust speculate about Piso's murder?
6. What does Catiline do after going to the Senate and how does he hide his intentions?
7. What does Sallust say happened because the society was fragile that led to the end of the society?
8. What is Catiline's only choice for his army? Who takes over Antonio's army and why? What does he do with the army before they fight?
9. What surprises Petreius about Catiline and what is his response?
10. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)