|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catiline say he will do if he is head of the government?
(a) End debt and the greed of the wealthy.
(b) Create a new empire.
(c) Lower taxes.
(d) End slavery.
2. What do the people in question #55 do after Catiline leaves them?
(a) Get ready for war.
(b) Disclose his request to Rome.
(c) Nothing, it is of no concern to them.
(d) Send their best warriors to Rome.
3. What does Sallust say allowed Catiline to increase his power?
(a) A government that was too large.
(b) An uneducated public.
(c) A corrupt society.
4. What does Catiline plan to do with Lucius Cotta and Lucius Torquatus?
(a) Make them ambassadors.
(b) Assassinate them.
(c) Give them high positions in their government.
(d) Marry them to his sisters.
5. How do the people in question #55 respond to Catiline?
(a) At first they agree then change their mind.
(b) They say no then change their mind.
(c) They say yes.
(d) They say no.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jugurtha easily bribe members of government?
2. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
3. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
4. Why is there a public voting for another consul?
5. With what does Sallust say his ancestors built great empires?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rome feel about Metellus's encounters with Jugurtha and what is Metellus's response to this?
2. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
3. What and where is Manilos doing?
4. Describe the circumstances surrounding Hiempsal's death?
5. How does Jugurtha take care of Annuis?
6. How does Metellus handle Jugurtha's ambush and what does he do after the first encounter with Jugurtha?
7. What does Sallust say happened because the society was fragile that led to the end of the society?
8. How does Sallust's disgust for greed relate to what Catiline said he wanted to do?
9. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
10. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)