|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Petreius do after Catiline starts to attack?
(a) Changes his strategy.
(b) Calls for Catiline's surrender.
(c) Sends in an assassin for Catiline.
(d) He does nothing but contine as he was.
2. How does Sallust view the body?
(a) As a beautiful gift from God.
(b) As a weak part of humans.
(c) As the best part of a nation.
(d) As a brutal, destructive force.
3. What does Catiline say he will do if he is head of the government?
(a) Lower taxes.
(b) End debt and the greed of the wealthy.
(c) End slavery.
(d) Create a new empire.
4. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
(a) Bravery and hero worship.
(b) A weak, indulgent society.
(c) War even when it wasn't necessary.
5. What does Antonio do before the battle with Catiline?
(a) Meet with his commanders.
(b) Take a nap.
(c) Give a speech to the soldiers.
(d) Hand command over to Petreius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
2. What does Catiline begins to attract to his side?
3. How does Catiline finally die?
4. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
5. What does he tell his followers to carry at all times?
Short Essay Questions
1. What and where is Manilos doing?
2. What does Catiline do after going to the Senate and how does he hide his intentions?
3. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
4. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
5. What assassinations does Catiline plot and what does he plan to do with Piso?
6. What is Catiline's only choice for his army? Who takes over Antonio's army and why? What does he do with the army before they fight?
7. In what manner did Sylla take over the government and what did he do with the army?
8. Who does Catiline attempt to recruit for allies and how do they respond?
9. How does Sallust compare Catlin and Cicero?
10. What does Cicero ask of the Gauls and why?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)