|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Lucuis Tarquinious arrested?
(a) On his way to Catiline.
(b) When he comes out of his house that morning.
(c) When he is at the public baths.
(d) At the city gates.
2. What does Catiline plan to do with Cneuis Piso?
(a) He plans for him to take over the two Spains.
(b) He plans to have him marry his daughter.
(c) He plans for him to be Vice Consul.
(d) He plans to assassinate him.
3. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
(b) He assassinates Catiline.
(c) He joins Catiline.
(d) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
4. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Put in checks and balances on power.
(b) Brought people together with love of their country.
(c) Controlled the morals of the people.
(d) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
5. What do the people in question #55 do after Catiline leaves them?
(a) Send their best warriors to Rome.
(b) Get ready for war.
(c) Nothing, it is of no concern to them.
(d) Disclose his request to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in the Senate feel towards Catiline when he enters the Senate?
2. How did Catiline's constituency end up the way it did?
3. What does Cicero decide to do about what he knows?
4. What does Catiline plan to do eventually in Rome?
5. How does Sallust view the body?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what manner did Sylla take over the government and what did he do with the army?
2. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
3. What does Catiline do after going to the Senate and how does he hide his intentions?
4. What is Catiline's only choice for his army? Who takes over Antonio's army and why? What does he do with the army before they fight?
5. What does Catline do when he realizes he is being defeated?
6. Why did the Romans have to defend their borders and what did they do after they were successful in that?
7. What does Quinton Metellus do about Catiline's army and what kind of situation does that make for Catiline?
8. Why was there a public voting for another consul?
9. What and where is Manilos doing?
10. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)