|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jugurtha easily bribe members of government?
(a) The moral decline in Roman society.
(b) His father was so well known.
(c) The overall poor economy.
(d) The lack of living wages for government workers.
2. What does Cato say about the fate of the traitors?
(a) They should have to swear an oath of allegiance.
(b) They should be executed.
(c) They should be imprisoned.
(d) They should be exiled.
3. Why did the government become unsupportable?
(a) The government became too big.
(b) The civilization became too big.
(c) Belief in God died.
(d) Society morals disintegrated.
4. With whom does Quintus Curius have a relationship?
5. What does Catiline say he will do if he is head of the government?
(a) Lower taxes.
(b) End slavery.
(c) Create a new empire.
(d) End debt and the greed of the wealthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people in question #55 respond to Catiline?
2. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
3. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
4. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
5. Why does an empire need to have an emphasis on the mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cicero ask of the Gauls and why?
2. What does Quinton Metellus do about Catiline's army and what kind of situation does that make for Catiline?
3. What did Catiline do before he was married?
4. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
5. What surprises Petreius about Catiline and what is his response?
6. What does Catiline say about Volturcius's statements to the Senate, who does he name as a conspirator and how is that accusation handled by the Senate?
7. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
8. What does Catline do when he realizes he is being defeated?
9. Why did the Romans have to defend their borders and what did they do after they were successful in that?
10. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)