|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
(b) Cicero wanted a biased history.
(c) Too many facts have been covered up.
(d) Too much time has passed.
2. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
(a) By passing out food and water.
(b) With a meeting about tactics.
(c) By placing them in rows with shields.
(d) With a speech.
3. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
(a) Over indulged the soldiers.
(b) Downsized it.
(c) Made it too big.
(d) Disciplined it radically.
4. What type of people in general, did Sallust say the army had?
(a) People who wanted to serve.
(b) Alturistic people.
(c) Power hungry people.
(d) Patriotic people.
5. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
(a) Join his army.
(b) Play along with Catiline.
(c) Go join Antonio.
(d) Arrange a meeting between him and the conspirators.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say is one of the main differences between Catiline and Cicero?
2. Who does Sallust say Piso treated harshly?
3. Who is marching towards Catiline and his army?
4. What do the conspirators do when they hear Catiline plans to burn the city?
5. What does Antonio do before the battle with Catiline?
Short Essay Questions
1. What and where is Manilos doing?
2. What does Catline do when he realizes he is being defeated?
3. What do Catiline's followers want to do with Cicero?
4. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
5. What does Catiline deliver to his men, what do they ask him and what is his response?
6. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
7. What does Cicero do with some of the conspirators and what is their ultimate fate? Who argues for their fate?
8. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
9. What does the Senate hear about Manilus and how does it affect Rome?
10. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)