|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Curius' final role in the situation with Catiline?
(a) General for Cicero.
(b) He's not involved.
(c) Government informer.
2. Who is marching towards Catiline and his army?
(d) Metellius Kato.
3. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
(a) Through war.
(b) By elections.
(c) By assimilation.
(d) By conspiracy.
4. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
(a) Prevent damage to the Commonwealth.
(b) Kill Catiline.
(d) Call for a vote in the consulars.
5. What does Catiline plan to do about Cicero?
(a) Exile him.
(b) Enlist him in his cause.
(c) Make him an advisor.
(d) Assassinate him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
2. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
3. Who does Sallust say Piso treated harshly?
4. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
5. How does the Senate decide Crassus' guilt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catiline deliver to his men, what do they ask him and what is his response?
2. How does Sallust's disgust for greed relate to what Catiline said he wanted to do?
3. What do Catiline's followers want to do with Cicero?
4. What does Catiline say about Volturcius's statements to the Senate, who does he name as a conspirator and how is that accusation handled by the Senate?
5. What assassinations does Catiline plot and what does he plan to do with Piso?
6. How does Sallust compare Catlin and Cicero?
7. What does Cicero do with some of the conspirators and what is their ultimate fate? Who argues for their fate?
8. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
9. What and where is Manilos doing?
10. In what manner did Sylla take over the government and what did he do with the army?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)