|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cathegus think is the best way to forward the conspiracy?
(a) Follow Catiline to France.
(b) Kill the entire Senate.
(c) Immediate action.
(d) Work covertly behind the scenes.
2. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Convert him to their cause.
(b) Exile him.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Kill him.
3. How do the people in the Senate feel towards Catiline when he enters the Senate?
4. Where does Cicero work?
(a) The solicitation Consul's house.
(b) In the merchants' section of Rome.
(c) At the Roman Court.
(d) The Senate building.
5. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
(a) By passing out food and water.
(b) With a speech.
(c) By placing them in rows with shields.
(d) With a meeting about tactics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the enemies of Catiline's army?
2. What punishment does Cato argue for the conspirators?
3. What happened with Catiline's constituency?
4. What does Catiline promise the Senate?
5. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
2. What does Sallust speculate about Piso's murder?
3. Who does Catiline attempt to recruit for allies and how do they respond?
4. How does Sallust compare Catlin and Cicero?
5. What does the Senate hear about Manilus and how does it affect Rome?
6. What and where is Manilos doing?
7. What do Catiline's followers want to do with Cicero?
8. What does Sallust say happened because the society was fragile that led to the end of the society?
9. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
10. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)