|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) Outside the city gate.
(b) At the Senate.
(c) In the camp of the Allobroges.
(d) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
2. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
(a) Cicero wanted a biased history.
(c) Too much time has passed.
(d) Too many facts have been covered up.
3. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
(a) Over indulged the soldiers.
(b) Made it too big.
(c) Downsized it.
(d) Disciplined it radically.
4. Who does not like Catiline's plans for Cicero?
5. How did Catiline's constituency end up the way it did?
(a) They were considered uncouth.
(b) They had a monopoly on a gold mine.
(c) There was a drought in his district.
(d) Catiline abused his power.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is told about Catiline's plans for Cicero?
2. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
3. What is Cicero having a difficult time doing related to Manilos?
4. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
5. Why does an empire need to have an emphasis on the mind?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Catiline say about Volturcius's statements to the Senate, who does he name as a conspirator and how is that accusation handled by the Senate?
2. Where is Catiline going with his army and what does Antonio do about it?
3. How does Sallust's disgust for greed relate to what Catiline said he wanted to do?
4. What does Catiline do after going to the Senate and how does he hide his intentions?
5. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
6. Why did the Romans have to defend their borders and what did they do after they were successful in that?
7. What does Catiline deliver to his men, what do they ask him and what is his response?
8. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
9. Why was there a public voting for another consul?
10. What does Sallust say happened because the society was fragile that led to the end of the society?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)