|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catiline plan to do with Cneuis Piso?
(a) He plans to assassinate him.
(b) He plans for him to take over the two Spains.
(c) He plans for him to be Vice Consul.
(d) He plans to have him marry his daughter.
2. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
(c) Slave family.
(d) A family from another country.
3. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
(a) With a meeting about tactics.
(b) With a speech.
(c) By passing out food and water.
(d) By placing them in rows with shields.
4. Where does Cicero work?
(a) The Senate building.
(b) The solicitation Consul's house.
(c) In the merchants' section of Rome.
(d) At the Roman Court.
5. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) In the camp of the Allobroges.
(b) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
(c) Outside the city gate.
(d) At the Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Catiline's constituency end up the way it did?
2. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
3. Who does Cicero arrange to wait under the Milvian Bridge?
4. Where does Petreius attack Catiline after his initial attack?
5. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what manner did Sylla take over the government and what did he do with the army?
2. What is Catiline's only choice for his army? Who takes over Antonio's army and why? What does he do with the army before they fight?
3. What does Sallust speculate about Piso's murder?
4. What does Quinton Metellus do about Catiline's army and what kind of situation does that make for Catiline?
5. What does Sallust say happened because the society was fragile that led to the end of the society?
6. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
7. What does Cicero do with some of the conspirators and what is their ultimate fate? Who argues for their fate?
8. Who does Catiline attempt to recruit for allies and how do they respond?
9. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
10. How does Sallust's disgust for greed relate to what Catiline said he wanted to do?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)