|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Petreius first attack Catiline?
(a) On the left flank.
(b) On the right flank.
(c) From the rear.
(d) Down the center.
2. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Put in checks and balances on power.
(b) Brought people together with love of their country.
(c) Controlled the morals of the people.
(d) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
3. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
(a) Too many facts have been covered up.
(b) Too much time has passed.
(d) Cicero wanted a biased history.
4. What do the conspirators do when they hear Catiline plans to burn the city?
(a) Tell the Senate what he is doing.
(b) Leaves the city immediately.
(c) Switch their support to Cicero.
(d) Kill Catiline.
5. Who does Cicero arrange to wait under the Milvian Bridge?
(b) Three Senators.
(c) Two men.
(d) Catiline's wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of debate does the Senate have over the men Cicero arrests?
2. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
3. How does Sallust view the body?
4. Who does not like Catiline's plans for Cicero?
5. How does Catiline finally die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cicero takes the conspirators to the Senate?
2. What does the Senate hear about Manilus and how does it affect Rome?
3. What does Catiline deliver to his men, what do they ask him and what is his response?
4. Who does Catiline attempt to recruit for allies and how do they respond?
5. What does Sallust speculate about Piso's murder?
6. What does Catiline say about Volturcius's statements to the Senate, who does he name as a conspirator and how is that accusation handled by the Senate?
7. How does Sallust compare Catlin and Cicero?
8. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
9. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
10. In what manner did Sylla take over the government and what did he do with the army?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)