|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catiline promise the people in question #55 if they help him?
(a) Their country being free of debt.
(b) Gold and riches.
(c) Total freedom from Rome.
(d) More land for their nation.
2. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
(a) Bravery and hero worship.
(b) A weak, indulgent society.
(d) War even when it wasn't necessary.
3. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Convert him to their cause.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Exile him.
(d) Kill him.
4. How do the people in the Senate feel towards Catiline when he enters the Senate?
5. Why was the early Roman society morally sound?
(a) A repressive religion.
(b) Natural inclination.
(c) An oppressive government.
(d) It was healthier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened with Catiline's constituency?
2. What does Petreius do after Catiline starts to attack?
3. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
4. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
5. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Cicero takes the conspirators to the Senate?
2. What surprises Petreius about Catiline and what is his response?
3. Where is Catiline going with his army and what does Antonio do about it?
4. What does Catline do when he realizes he is being defeated?
5. What and where is Manilos doing?
6. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
7. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
8. How does Sallust compare Catlin and Cicero?
9. In what manner did Sylla take over the government and what did he do with the army?
10. What is Catiline's only choice for his army? Who takes over Antonio's army and why? What does he do with the army before they fight?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)