|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Curius' final role in the situation with Catiline?
(a) He's not involved.
(b) General for Cicero.
(c) Government informer.
2. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
(a) Call for a vote in the consulars.
(b) Prevent damage to the Commonwealth.
(c) Kill Catiline.
3. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) At the Senate.
(b) Outside the city gate.
(c) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
(d) In the camp of the Allobroges.
4. What does the Senate do about Catiline after Catulus reads a letter from him?
(a) Call him in for elections.
(b) Arrest his wife and children.
(c) Arrest him and hang him.
(d) Declare him an enemy of the state.
5. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Catiline finally die?
2. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
3. Why was the early Roman society morally sound?
4. When did greed take over society, according to Sallust?
5. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sallust speculate about Piso's murder?
2. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
3. What does Catiline say about Volturcius's statements to the Senate, who does he name as a conspirator and how is that accusation handled by the Senate?
4. Who reads a letter from Catiline to the Senate, what does the letter say and what is the Senate's reaction to it?
5. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
6. What does Quinton Metellus do about Catiline's army and what kind of situation does that make for Catiline?
7. Why did the Romans have to defend their borders and what did they do after they were successful in that?
8. In what manner did Sylla take over the government and what did he do with the army?
9. What surprises Petreius about Catiline and what is his response?
10. What and where is Manilos doing?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)