|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
(a) Takes them to Antonio.
(b) Has them killed.
(c) Takes them to the Roman Court.
(d) Takes them to the Senate.
2. Who names Marcus Crassus as a conspirator?
3. Where does Petreius attack Catiline after his initial attack?
(a) On the left and right wings.
(b) Across the entire front.
(c) On the left wing and in the rear.
(d) Down the center.
4. What is Curius' final role in the situation with Catiline?
(a) Government informer.
(c) General for Cicero.
(d) He's not involved.
5. Why did the government become unsupportable?
(a) The government became too big.
(b) Society morals disintegrated.
(c) The civilization became too big.
(d) Belief in God died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
2. What does Catiline mix for his followers to drink?
3. To whom does Catiline go for allies?
4. Where are the enemies of Catiline's army?
5. What type of debate does the Senate have over the men Cicero arrests?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sallust's disgust for greed relate to what Catiline said he wanted to do?
2. What did Catiline do before he was married?
3. What does Cicero know of Manilos and what does he do about it? What is he told to do about it?
4. What does Catline do when he realizes he is being defeated?
5. What does Cicero do with some of the conspirators and what is their ultimate fate? Who argues for their fate?
6. What happens when Cicero takes the conspirators to the Senate?
7. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
8. What does Sallust speculate about Piso's murder?
9. What does Catiline say about Volturcius's statements to the Senate, who does he name as a conspirator and how is that accusation handled by the Senate?
10. Why was there a public voting for another consul?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)