|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cicero having a difficult time doing related to Manilos?
(a) Convincing him to be on Cicero's side.
(b) Getting good intelligence.
(c) Getting his permission to marry his sister.
(d) Finding him.
2. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
(a) Governing the district.
(b) Raising food for an army.
(c) Getting the poor people on Catiline's side.
(d) Assassinating the officials there.
3. What does Cato say about the fate of the traitors?
(a) They should be exiled.
(b) They should be executed.
(c) They should have to swear an oath of allegiance.
(d) They should be imprisoned.
4. Why did Catiline kill his son?
(a) On the demand of his girlfriend.
(b) His son killed his wife.
(c) He didn't know it was his son.
(d) His son tried to kill him.
5. Who names Marcus Crassus as a conspirator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Petreius about Catiline's attack?
2. Where does Catiline send his best men?
3. Why did the government become unsupportable?
4. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
5. What does Catiline mix for his followers to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Senate have Metellus do after he is elected and how does Sallust describe Metellus?
2. Why was there a public voting for another consul?
3. Where is Catiline going with his army and what does Antonio do about it?
4. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
5. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave Numidia?
6. What does Sallust speculate about Piso's murder?
7. Who does Catiline attempt to recruit for allies and how do they respond?
8. How does Sallust's disgust for greed relate to what Catiline said he wanted to do?
9. What does the Senate tell Jugurtha he must do about Adherbal and what is Jugurtha's response?
10. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)