|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the enemies of Catiline's army?
(a) Surrounding him on two sides.
(b) Coming up on his right flank.
(c) He is completely encircled by his enemies.
(d) Too far to stop him from leaving.
2. What happens to the men who have been arrested by the Senate when they are taken from the Senate?
(a) They are exiled.
(b) They are imprisoned.
(c) Some are set free, some are hanged.
(d) They are strangled.
3. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
(b) He joins Catiline.
(c) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
(d) He assassinates Catiline.
4. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
(a) Over indulged the soldiers.
(b) Disciplined it radically.
(c) Made it too big.
(d) Downsized it.
5. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
(b) Cicero wanted a biased history.
(c) Too much time has passed.
(d) Too many facts have been covered up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Volturcius arrested?
2. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
3. What does Sallust say allowed Catiline to increase his power?
4. What does Sallust say is one of the main differences between Catiline and Cicero?
5. How does Catiline prepare his soldiers for battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sallust compare Catlin and Cicero?
2. What happens as fear spreads through Numidia?
3. How does Jugurtha take care of Annuis?
4. What does Sallust say about public office and what most men don't want and how they gain promotions?
5. What does Catiline say about Volturcius's statements to the Senate, who does he name as a conspirator and how is that accusation handled by the Senate?
6. How does the Roman public react to Marius and Metellus's falling out?
7. Why did the Romans have to defend their borders and what did they do after they were successful in that?
8. What does the senate decide to do about Numidia?
9. How does the war between Jugurtha and Adhrbal start?
10. What does Sallust say is the reason he is writing The Jugurthine War book?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)