|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Volturcius arrested?
(a) Outside the city gate.
(b) At the Senate.
(c) At the end of the Milvian Bridge.
(d) In the camp of the Allobroges.
2. What does Sallust say allowed Catiline to increase his power?
(a) A government that was too large.
(b) An uneducated public.
(c) A corrupt society.
3. What does Catiline promise the Senate?
(a) To support it.
(b) To become head of it.
(c) To burn it down.
(d) To sow seeds of discontent.
4. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
5. With whom does Quintus Curius have a relationship?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catiline plan to do eventually in Rome?
2. According to Sallust, why did men join the army in the early days of Rome?
3. What punishment does Cato argue for the conspirators?
4. What does Cicero ask the Allobroges to do?
5. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Romans finally arrest Jugurtha?
2. What did Catiline do before he was married?
3. What does Cathegus say he will do about Cicero?
4. What does Jugurtha do after he flees Thala?
5. Who does Catiline plan to assassinate and how does Fulvia find out about it?
6. What happens when Metellus tries to capture Zama?
7. Who does Catiline attract people to his cause and what kind of people does he attract?
8. What does Adherbal do when he runs to Rome and how does that work out for him?
9. What does Catline do when he realizes he is being defeated?
10. What did Cicero do when he uncovered Catiline's plans and how did this stymie Cataline's plans?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)