|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
(a) Roman morals.
(b) Roman nobility.
(c) Roman attitude towards women.
(d) Roman conquering other countries.
2. Who persuades Jugurtha to keep silent about corruption in the Roman government?
(d) Caius Baebius.
3. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
4. Who does the Senate send to speak with Jugurtha?
(a) Marcus Scaurus.
(c) Julius Caesar.
5. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
(a) To kill Jugurtha.
(b) To take over Numidia.
(c) To bring Jugurtha to Rome.
(d) To investigate Calpurnius.
6. What does Jugurtha ask of King Bocchus?
(a) To hide him from Metellus.
(b) To fight the Romans with him.
(c) To attack Marius.
(d) To attack Rome with him.
7. What does the Senate decide is the reason Bocchus fights with Jugurtha?
(a) He was led astray.
(b) He was offered a lot of money.
(c) He hates the Romans.
(d) They don't decide, they don't care about the reason.
8. What type of investigation begins in Rome after Annuis returns?
(a) They investigate what the people of Numidia want.
(b) An investigation into the corruption among nobles.
(c) One that finds out what happened to Adherbal.
(d) No investigation takes place.
9. How does Metellus feel about Marius becoming a consul?
(a) He has no opinion.
(b) He thinks he is too young.
(c) He is delighted with the idea.
(d) He does not have a high enough standing.
10. What does Sallust say is Metellus's primary character trait?
(a) He's immoral.
11. What does Metellus do about Vacca?
(a) Burns it to the ground.
(b) Appoint Marius as governor.
(c) Takes the city back.
(d) Make all the citizens slaves.
12. What does Jugurtha do when he hears of Metellus's character?
(a) Prepares to fight him.
(b) Offers him a bribe.
(c) Offers his surrender.
(d) He immediately goes to Turkey.
13. What does Sallust say men are obsessed by which controls their lives?
(c) Material items.
14. What does Metellus do with his soldiers when he retreats?
(a) Sends them back to Rome.
(b) Allows them to rest.
(c) Has them scrounge the countryside.
(d) Begins to drill them even harder.
15. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
(a) To get his brother arrested.
(b) To build his popularity.
(c) To get a seat in the Senate.
(d) To get an army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Adherbal deliver a speech to the Senate?
2. What does Rome's feelings about Metellus motivate him to do?
3. What plan of Marius does Metellus scupper?
4. Who is the heir the the Numidian throne after Jugurtha?
5. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)