|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
(a) He is being paid to do it.
(b) He wants money.
(c) He is planning to run for office.
(d) He has little trust of nobles.
2. What does Marius do after the elections?
(a) Take his place in the Senate.
(b) Gather an army and head to Numidia.
(c) Resign from public life.
(d) Go after Metellus.
3. Why did the society of the Libyans and the Getulians change?
(a) Rome took it over.
(b) The Persians move into the area.
(c) They united under one leader.
(d) They started fighting with each other.
4. What does Jugurtha begin to do after he decides not to surrender?
(a) Try to hide in Numidia.
(b) Assassinate Metellus.
(c) Build an army.
(d) Run to Gaul
5. What do Jugurtha's troops do after Marius retreats?
(b) Fortify their position.
(c) Follow him.
(d) Harass him through the night.
6. What does Bocchus decide to do about Marius?
(a) Attack Rome.
(b) Attack Jugurtha.
(c) Attack Metellus.
(d) Make friends with Rome.
7. What does Publius Scipio tell Jugurtha?
(a) He is not Roman so he is not subject to their laws.
(b) Trying to get power illegally will ruin him.
(c) He can help Jugurtha become rich.
(d) He should run for a Senate position.
8. What does Rome's feelings about Metellus motivate him to do?
(a) Ask for more money.
(b) Plan for Jugurtha's assassination.
(c) Keep attacking Jugurtha.
(d) Withdraw back to Rome.
9. What does the Senate tell Adherbal to do after their representative in question #127 returns?
(a) To come to Rome.
(b) To resign Cirta and talk to Jugurtha.
(c) They don't tell him anything.
(d) To hand over all the territory to Jugurtha.
10. What does the Senate do in response to Jugurtha's behavior towards Adherbal?
(a) Arrest him.
(b) Bring him back to Rome.
(c) Ignore his behavior.
(d) Send a new king to Numidia.
11. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
(a) Noting, Jugurtha kills him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Arrest Jugurtha.
(d) Return to Rome.
12. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
(a) Roman morals.
(b) Roman conquering other countries.
(c) Roman attitude towards women.
(d) Roman nobility.
13. When do Annuis' officers leave their posts?
(a) At a signal from Jugurtha.
(b) When Jugurtha is in chains.
(c) Before the night falls.
(d) After Suthul is secured.
14. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
(a) To bring Jugurtha to Rome.
(b) To investigate Calpurnius.
(c) To kill Jugurtha.
(d) To take over Numidia.
15. Why does Jugurtha send his best men to Zama?
(a) He is fortifying against Antonio.
(b) Metellus plans to attack that city.
(c) It is where most of their families live.
(d) His money is stored in Zama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Memmuis do about Jugurtha?
2. What does Jugurtha do against Metellus's army?
3. Who does the majority of the people support in the Jugurthine War?
4. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave?
5. To where does Adherbal escape with his soldiers?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)