|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
(a) Return to Rome.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Noting, Jugurtha kills him.
(d) Arrest Jugurtha.
2. What kind of welcome does the public give Metellus when he returns to Rome?
(a) He is just considered as someone who has done his job.
(b) A hero's welcome.
(c) There are angry mobs and riots upon his return.
(d) They are indifferent to his return.
3. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
(a) To Spain.
(b) To southern Africa.
(c) Numantine War.
(d) To Rome.
4. What does Lucius Annius do about Jugurtha?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Joins up with him.
(c) Marches an army into Suthul.
(d) Kills Bomilcar.
5. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
6. What does Sallust say is the problem with how the Roman army lives?
(a) They live well, but not too well.
(b) It is too luxurious for fighting men.
(c) It is too austere.
(d) They are too poor.
7. What does Bocchus decide to do about Marius?
(a) Make friends with Rome.
(b) Attack Rome.
(c) Attack Metellus.
(d) Attack Jugurtha.
8. How does Metellus feel about Marius becoming a consul?
(a) He does not have a high enough standing.
(b) He is delighted with the idea.
(c) He has no opinion.
(d) He thinks he is too young.
9. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
(a) To get his brother arrested.
(b) To build his popularity.
(c) To get a seat in the Senate.
(d) To get an army.
10. What does Micipas tell his two biological sons when he is on his deathbed?
(a) To follow Rome's laws.
(b) To learn from Jugurtha.
(c) To keep any power from Jugurtha.
(d) To kill Jugurtha.
11. Why don't the Roman representatives get to speak to Adherbal?
(a) He refuses to see them.
(b) He is trapped in Cirta.
(c) He has returned to Rome.
(d) He is dead.
12. What does Metellus realize about Zama?
(a) He will be unable to capture that city.
(b) He must take the city.
(c) He cannot defeat Jugurtha without capturing Zama.
(d) Jugurtha has a lot of money stashed there.
13. Who persuades Jugurtha to keep silent about corruption in the Roman government?
(b) Caius Baebius.
14. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
(a) He does not intend to dishonor the Senate.
(b) He wants to settle with Adherbal.
(c) Adherbal started the war.
(d) He will do whatever he wants.
15. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
(a) They value wealth over their country.
(b) It is very easy to have wealth in Rome.
(c) Wealthy people are not allowed in the Senate.
(d) They are not much interested in wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
2. What does the Senate do in response to Jugurtha's behavior towards Adherbal?
3. What does Jugurtha tell Bomilcar to do?
4. Where does Metellus leave his prisoners and his baggage?
5. What do Jugurtha's troops do after Marius retreats?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)