|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugurtha tell Annius he wants to do?
(b) Marry his sister.
(c) Rule Numidia in peace.
(d) Take over Rome.
2. What does Jugurtha think the Romans are likely to do with him?
(a) Put him in prison.
(b) Take away his position.
(c) Execute him or enslave him.
(d) Make him pay for all his damages.
3. What does the Senate decide is the reason Bocchus fights with Jugurtha?
(a) He was led astray.
(b) He was offered a lot of money.
(c) He hates the Romans.
(d) They don't decide, they don't care about the reason.
4. What does Jugurtha begin to do after he decides not to surrender?
(a) Assassinate Metellus.
(b) Try to hide in Numidia.
(c) Run to Gaul
(d) Build an army.
5. How are people reaching powerful positions?
(a) By inheriting the position.
(b) Through unlawful means.
(c) By putting in a large number of years.
(d) With hard work.
6. What does Jugurtha do after Annuis' officers leave their posts?
(a) Burn down Suthul.
(b) Leaves for his capiol.
(c) Surround Annuis.
(d) Surrender himself.
7. Who does the Senate send to speak with Jugurtha?
(b) Julius Caesar.
(d) Marcus Scaurus.
8. What does Metellus realize about Zama?
(a) He must take the city.
(b) He will be unable to capture that city.
(c) Jugurtha has a lot of money stashed there.
(d) He cannot defeat Jugurtha without capturing Zama.
9. What does Jugurtha do when Metellus marches past his ambush?
(a) Withdraws, he is too outnumbered.
(b) Calls a truce to parley.
(c) Nothing, he waits to see what Metellus is going to do.
(d) Attacks him.
10. How does Metellus feel about Marius becoming a consul?
(a) He thinks he is too young.
(b) He does not have a high enough standing.
(c) He has no opinion.
(d) He is delighted with the idea.
11. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
(a) To take over Numidia.
(b) To bring Jugurtha to Rome.
(c) To kill Jugurtha.
(d) To investigate Calpurnius.
12. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
(a) Roman conquering other countries.
(b) Roman nobility.
(c) Roman attitude towards women.
(d) Roman morals.
13. Who does the Roman public favor in the next consul election?
14. What does Metellus bribe Bohumilcar to do?
(a) Tell the Senate Metellus has won.
(b) Kill Jugurtha.
(c) Bring him Jugurtha.
(d) Tell the Senate Jugurtha is dead.
15. What does Publius Scipio tell Jugurtha?
(a) He is not Roman so he is not subject to their laws.
(b) He should run for a Senate position.
(c) Trying to get power illegally will ruin him.
(d) He can help Jugurtha become rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of investigation begins in Rome after Annuis returns?
2. What type of public positions, according to Sallust, are not desired by public servants?
3. Why does Sallust say he is writing this book?
4. To where does Adherval flee?
5. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)