|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Micipas do after receiving a letter from Scipio about Jugurtha's actions during the war?
(a) Exile him to Rome.
(b) Have him killed.
(c) Adopt him as a son.
(d) Gives him a medal of honor.
2. What plan of Marius does Metellus scupper?
(a) Becoming a general.
(b) Becoming a consul.
(c) Being elected to the Senate.
(d) Ruling Numidia.
3. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
(a) Roman nobility.
(b) Roman morals.
(c) Roman conquering other countries.
(d) Roman attitude towards women.
4. What type of government does Sallust say could bring about a change?
5. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
(a) Numantine War.
(b) To Rome.
(c) To southern Africa.
(d) To Spain.
6. What does Jugurtha do with his army?
(a) Invade Rome.
(b) Take over complete control of his brother's territory.
(c) Take over a portion of Numidia.
(d) Kill Micipas.
7. What does Publius Scipio tell Jugurtha?
(a) Trying to get power illegally will ruin him.
(b) He can help Jugurtha become rich.
(c) He is not Roman so he is not subject to their laws.
(d) He should run for a Senate position.
8. Why does Adherbal deliver a speech to the Senate?
(a) To ask for help to defeat Jugurtha.
(b) To raise money.
(c) To ask for Jugurtha's arrest.
(d) To warn them about Micipas.
9. What does Jugurtha do to Hiempsal?
(a) Set him up as the head of the government.
(b) Send him to the Roman Senate.
(c) Have him assassinated.
10. Who does the majority of the people support in the Jugurthine War?
11. What does Marius do after the elections?
(a) Go after Metellus.
(b) Resign from public life.
(c) Gather an army and head to Numidia.
(d) Take his place in the Senate.
12. How did the Africans under Micipas view Jugurtha?
(a) He was hated.
(b) He was very popular.
(c) He was feared.
(d) He was not known.
13. What group of people founded Hippo?
(a) The Persians.
(b) The Romansm.
(c) The Phoenicians.
(d) The Greeks.
14. What does Jugurtha tell Annius he wants to do?
(a) Marry his sister.
(c) Take over Rome.
(d) Rule Numidia in peace.
15. What does Jugurtha do against Metellus's army?
(a) Small ambushes.
(b) Tries to subvert it from within.
(c) Attacks the entire army.
(d) Runs from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
2. Who does the Roman public favor in the next consul election?
3. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
4. Why does the Senate send Calpurnius to Numidia?
5. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)