|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Annuis' officers leave their posts?
(a) When Jugurtha is in chains.
(b) At a signal from Jugurtha.
(c) After Suthul is secured.
(d) Before the night falls.
2. What does Jugurtha do against Metellus's army?
(a) Attacks the entire army.
(b) Tries to subvert it from within.
(c) Small ambushes.
(d) Runs from it.
3. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
(a) When Jugurtha makes a run for Gaul.
(b) When his troops are asleep.
(c) After Jugurtha returns to Zama.
(d) After resting for a week.
4. Why does Sallust say he is writing this book?
(a) Because he was told to by the Senate.
(b) Because he wants to make some money.
(c) Because Jugurtha had a great effect on Roman society.
(d) He wants to be famous.
5. What does Jugurtha tell Bomilcar to do?
(a) Return to Numidia.
(b) Kill Massiva.
(c) Assassinate Lucius Cassius.
(d) Have Massiva return to Numidia.
6. Who does the majority of the people support in the Jugurthine War?
7. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
(a) They are not much interested in wealth.
(b) Wealthy people are not allowed in the Senate.
(c) It is very easy to have wealth in Rome.
(d) They value wealth over their country.
8. What type of government does Sallust say could bring about a change?
9. How does Jugurtha get a better deal from the Senate?
(a) Marries the emperor's daughter.
(b) Increases his bribes.
(c) Blackmails some powerful members.
(d) Gives a more passionate speech.
10. What type of investigation begins in Rome after Annuis returns?
(a) One that finds out what happened to Adherbal.
(b) An investigation into the corruption among nobles.
(c) No investigation takes place.
(d) They investigate what the people of Numidia want.
11. How does Metellus attempt to provoke Jugurtha?
(a) By looting his richest towns.
(b) By turning the Numidians against him.
(c) By killing his wife.
(d) By arresting his son.
12. What does Jugurtha do with his army?
(a) Take over complete control of his brother's territory.
(b) Take over a portion of Numidia.
(c) Invade Rome.
(d) Kill Micipas.
13. Where does Metellus leave his prisoners and his baggage?
14. What does Sallust say is the problem with how the Roman army lives?
(a) They live well, but not too well.
(b) They are too poor.
(c) It is too luxurious for fighting men.
(d) It is too austere.
15. To where does Adherval flee?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
2. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
3. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
4. What does Sallust say about men's lives and fate in Chapter I-XII?
5. To whom does Micipas want to hand over his power?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)