|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugurtha tell Bomilcar to do?
(a) Return to Numidia.
(b) Assassinate Lucius Cassius.
(c) Have Massiva return to Numidia.
(d) Kill Massiva.
2. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
(a) They are not much interested in wealth.
(b) Wealthy people are not allowed in the Senate.
(c) It is very easy to have wealth in Rome.
(d) They value wealth over their country.
3. How are people reaching powerful positions?
(a) By inheriting the position.
(b) By putting in a large number of years.
(c) Through unlawful means.
(d) With hard work.
4. Where does Metellus leave his prisoners and his baggage?
5. With whom does Jugurtha make friends when he is fighting for Micipas?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Micipas's sons.
(c) Some prominent Romans.
6. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
(a) Return to Rome.
(b) Noting, Jugurtha kills him.
(c) Arrest Jugurtha.
(d) Kill him.
7. What does Micipas do after receiving a letter from Scipio about Jugurtha's actions during the war?
(a) Gives him a medal of honor.
(b) Exile him to Rome.
(c) Adopt him as a son.
(d) Have him killed.
8. How did the Africans under Micipas view Jugurtha?
(a) He was feared.
(b) He was not known.
(c) He was hated.
(d) He was very popular.
9. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
(a) To take over Numidia.
(b) To kill Jugurtha.
(c) To bring Jugurtha to Rome.
(d) To investigate Calpurnius.
10. What kind of welcome does the public give Metellus when he returns to Rome?
(a) He is just considered as someone who has done his job.
(b) There are angry mobs and riots upon his return.
(c) A hero's welcome.
(d) They are indifferent to his return.
11. What does Metellus bribe Bohumilcar to do?
(a) Tell the Senate Jugurtha is dead.
(b) Bring him Jugurtha.
(c) Tell the Senate Metellus has won.
(d) Kill Jugurtha.
12. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
(a) He has little trust of nobles.
(b) He is being paid to do it.
(c) He wants money.
(d) He is planning to run for office.
13. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
(b) Send ambassadors to Rome.
(c) Poisons Jugurtha.
(d) Calls on Micipas for help.
14. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
(a) To get a seat in the Senate.
(b) To build his popularity.
(c) To get his brother arrested.
(d) To get an army.
15. What does Metellus do about Vacca?
(a) Make all the citizens slaves.
(b) Takes the city back.
(c) Burns it to the ground.
(d) Appoint Marius as governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jugurtha's troops do after Marius retreats?
2. What does Bocchus decide to do about Marius?
3. Who does the Roman public favor in the next consul election?
4. How does Sallust present the Roman army in the beginning?
5. What did the Romans give to King Masinissa?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)