|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rome feel about what Metellus is doing?
2. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
(a) After resting for a week.
(b) When Jugurtha makes a run for Gaul.
(c) When his troops are asleep.
(d) After Jugurtha returns to Zama.
3. Who does the Senate send to speak with Jugurtha?
(a) Marcus Scaurus.
(b) Julius Caesar.
4. What does Metellus offer Bohumilcar as a bribe?
(a) A lifetime position in the government.
(b) Five gold pieces.
(c) A home in Rome.
(d) A pardon for murdering Massiva.
5. What type of investigation begins in Rome after Annuis returns?
(a) They investigate what the people of Numidia want.
(b) An investigation into the corruption among nobles.
(c) One that finds out what happened to Adherbal.
(d) No investigation takes place.
6. To where does Adherval flee?
7. What does Metellus realize about Zama?
(a) He will be unable to capture that city.
(b) He cannot defeat Jugurtha without capturing Zama.
(c) Jugurtha has a lot of money stashed there.
(d) He must take the city.
8. What do Jugurtha's troops do after Marius retreats?
(a) Follow him.
(c) Harass him through the night.
(d) Fortify their position.
9. What does Jugurtha do to Adherbal?
(a) Has him assassinated.
(b) Run him completely out of Numidia.
(c) Tortures him to death.
(d) Cripples him.
10. What does Jugurtha begin to do after he decides not to surrender?
(a) Build an army.
(b) Run to Gaul
(c) Assassinate Metellus.
(d) Try to hide in Numidia.
11. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
(a) Roman attitude towards women.
(b) Roman nobility.
(c) Roman conquering other countries.
(d) Roman morals.
12. What does Sallust say about men's lives and fate in Chapter I-XII?
(a) Fate is in the hands of the Gods.
(b) Too many men allow fate to control their lives.
(c) Nothing can overcome fate.
(d) Fate does not exist.
13. What does Jugurtha do after Annuis' officers leave their posts?
(a) Burn down Suthul.
(b) Leaves for his capiol.
(c) Surrender himself.
(d) Surround Annuis.
14. What does the Senate give Metellus after he is elected?
(a) Head of the civil service.
(b) Head of a powerful Senate committee.
(c) The province of Gaul.
15. What does Jugurtha do once the Senate has made its decision on Numidia?
(a) Provokes Adherbal into a war.
(b) Happily settles down.
(c) Assassinates Adherbal.
(d) Kills some of the Senators who opposed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say is the problem with how the Roman army lives?
2. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
3. What kind of welcome does the public give Metellus when he returns to Rome?
4. What does Jugurtha do when he hears of Metellus's character?
5. Why does the Senate send Calpurnius to Numidia?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)