|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what office do the Roman people elect Quintin Metellus?
2. What does Adherbal manage to do when he is caught in Cirta?
(a) Get to Rome himself.
(b) Kill Jugurtha.
(c) Repel Jugurtha's attack.
(d) Deliver a message to Rome.
3. What does Jugurtha tell Bomilcar to do?
(a) Kill Massiva.
(b) Assassinate Lucius Cassius.
(c) Have Massiva return to Numidia.
(d) Return to Numidia.
4. What type of investigation begins in Rome after Annuis returns?
(a) They investigate what the people of Numidia want.
(b) An investigation into the corruption among nobles.
(c) One that finds out what happened to Adherbal.
(d) No investigation takes place.
5. What does Jugurtha ask of King Bocchus?
(a) To attack Marius.
(b) To attack Rome with him.
(c) To fight the Romans with him.
(d) To hide him from Metellus.
6. What does Jugurtha do once the Senate has made its decision on Numidia?
(a) Happily settles down.
(b) Kills some of the Senators who opposed him.
(c) Assassinates Adherbal.
(d) Provokes Adherbal into a war.
7. How does Metellus attempt to provoke Jugurtha?
(a) By turning the Numidians against him.
(b) By arresting his son.
(c) By looting his richest towns.
(d) By killing his wife.
8. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
(a) After Jugurtha returns to Zama.
(b) After resting for a week.
(c) When Jugurtha makes a run for Gaul.
(d) When his troops are asleep.
9. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
(a) To Spain.
(b) To southern Africa.
(c) To Rome.
(d) Numantine War.
10. How does Rome feel about what Metellus is doing?
11. What kind of welcome does the public give Metellus when he returns to Rome?
(a) He is just considered as someone who has done his job.
(b) They are indifferent to his return.
(c) A hero's welcome.
(d) There are angry mobs and riots upon his return.
12. What does Rome's feelings about Metellus motivate him to do?
(a) Keep attacking Jugurtha.
(b) Withdraw back to Rome.
(c) Ask for more money.
(d) Plan for Jugurtha's assassination.
13. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
(a) By offering high pay.
(b) By threatening their families.
(c) By appealing to their anger.
(d) By reminding them they have conquered the Romans before.
14. What type of public positions, according to Sallust, are not desired by public servants?
(a) Those that are dangerous.
(b) Those that are high paying.
(c) Those that are low paying.
(d) Those that require intelligence.
15. What does Jugurtha tell his troops are one of their main advantages against the Romans?
(a) They have better weapons.
(b) They are fighting for their civil rights.
(c) They know the land.
(d) They are larger men.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Adherbal escape with his soldiers?
2. Why does Adherbal deliver a speech to the Senate?
3. What does Marius do after the elections?
4. What does Jugurtha do after Annuis' officers leave their posts?
5. Where does Metellus leave his prisoners and his baggage?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)