|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Metellus tell Jugurtha he must hand over before peace talks can commence?
(a) His inheritance.
(b) His son as a hostage.
(c) All his men and elephants.
(d) All his treasure in Cirta.
2. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
(a) Poisons Jugurtha.
(c) Calls on Micipas for help.
(d) Send ambassadors to Rome.
3. How does Rome feel about what Metellus is doing?
4. What does Jugurtha do when Metellus marches past his ambush?
(a) Nothing, he waits to see what Metellus is going to do.
(b) Calls a truce to parley.
(c) Withdraws, he is too outnumbered.
(d) Attacks him.
5. To whom does Micipas want to hand over his power?
(a) To Cicero.
(b) To one of his sons.
(c) To Jugurtha.
(d) To Masinissa.
6. What does Sallust say is how Europeans view Africa?
(a) As being owned by Rome.
(b) As a barbarian continent.
(c) As part of Europe.
(d) As being peopled by immoral societies.
7. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
(a) Kills Jugurtha.
(b) Declares war.
(c) Sends ambassadors.
(d) Gives Jugurtha the territory he has burned.
8. What does Jugurtha persuade the people of Vacca to do?
(a) Attack Marius.
(b) Burn Zama.
(c) Trap Metellus.
(d) Invite Romans under false pretenses and kill them.
9. What does Publius Scipio tell Jugurtha?
(a) Trying to get power illegally will ruin him.
(b) He is not Roman so he is not subject to their laws.
(c) He should run for a Senate position.
(d) He can help Jugurtha become rich.
10. Why does Adherbal deliver a speech to the Senate?
(a) To warn them about Micipas.
(b) To ask for Jugurtha's arrest.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To ask for help to defeat Jugurtha.
11. What type of government does Sallust say could bring about a change?
12. What does Sallust say people should not do if the government is corrupt?
(a) Start peaceful rebellions.
(b) Use violence.
(c) Vote in the next election.
(d) Give any money to the tax collectors.
13. How does Jugurtha get a better deal from the Senate?
(a) Blackmails some powerful members.
(b) Gives a more passionate speech.
(c) Increases his bribes.
(d) Marries the emperor's daughter.
14. What does the Senate tell Adherbal to do after their representative in question #127 returns?
(a) To resign Cirta and talk to Jugurtha.
(b) To come to Rome.
(c) To hand over all the territory to Jugurtha.
(d) They don't tell him anything.
15. Who does the majority of the people support in the Jugurthine War?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
2. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
3. What does Sallust say is Metellus's primary character trait?
4. What does Jugurtha tell Annius he wants to do?
5. What does Jugurtha begin to do after he decides not to surrender?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)