|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugurtha tell his troops are one of their main advantages against the Romans?
(a) They are fighting for their civil rights.
(b) They are larger men.
(c) They know the land.
(d) They have better weapons.
2. What group of people founded Hippo?
(a) The Greeks.
(b) The Persians.
(c) The Phoenicians.
(d) The Romansm.
3. What does Jugurtha tell Bomilcar to do?
(a) Return to Numidia.
(b) Assassinate Lucius Cassius.
(c) Have Massiva return to Numidia.
(d) Kill Massiva.
4. How does Jugurtha get a better deal from the Senate?
(a) Gives a more passionate speech.
(b) Increases his bribes.
(c) Blackmails some powerful members.
(d) Marries the emperor's daughter.
5. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
(a) To investigate Calpurnius.
(b) To bring Jugurtha to Rome.
(c) To take over Numidia.
(d) To kill Jugurtha.
6. Why does the Senate send Calpurnius to Numidia?
(a) To take over the country.
(b) To kill Jugurtha.
(c) To set up a trial for Jugurtha.
(d) To arrest Jugurtha.
7. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
(a) Roman nobility.
(b) Roman conquering other countries.
(c) Roman morals.
(d) Roman attitude towards women.
8. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
(a) Kills Jugurtha.
(b) Declares war.
(c) Gives Jugurtha the territory he has burned.
(d) Sends ambassadors.
9. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
(a) It is very easy to have wealth in Rome.
(b) They are not much interested in wealth.
(c) Wealthy people are not allowed in the Senate.
(d) They value wealth over their country.
10. What does Jugurtha ask of King Bocchus?
(a) To attack Marius.
(b) To hide him from Metellus.
(c) To attack Rome with him.
(d) To fight the Romans with him.
11. Who persuades Jugurtha to keep silent about corruption in the Roman government?
(a) Caius Baebius.
12. Who does the Roman public favor in the next consul election?
13. What does the Senate do after the affair with Annuis?
(a) Tell Jugurtha to return once again to Rome.
(c) Send Antonio to Numidia.
(d) Send Albiuis to Numidia.
14. What does Metellus realize about Zama?
(a) He cannot defeat Jugurtha without capturing Zama.
(b) He will be unable to capture that city.
(c) Jugurtha has a lot of money stashed there.
(d) He must take the city.
15. What type of government does Sallust say could bring about a change?
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Annuis' officers leave their posts?
2. What does Bocchus decide to do about Marius?
3. What does Jugurtha do when Metellus marches past his ambush?
4. What does Sallust say men are obsessed by which controls their lives?
5. What does Metellus do with his soldiers when he retreats?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)