|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
2. What does Jugurtha tell Annius he wants to do?
(a) Rule Numidia in peace.
(b) Marry his sister.
(c) Take over Rome.
3. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
(a) Noting, Jugurtha kills him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Return to Rome.
(d) Arrest Jugurtha.
4. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
(a) Sends ambassadors.
(b) Declares war.
(c) Kills Jugurtha.
(d) Gives Jugurtha the territory he has burned.
5. When do Annuis' officers leave their posts?
(a) After Suthul is secured.
(b) When Jugurtha is in chains.
(c) Before the night falls.
(d) At a signal from Jugurtha.
6. What does Marius do after the elections?
(a) Resign from public life.
(b) Go after Metellus.
(c) Gather an army and head to Numidia.
(d) Take his place in the Senate.
7. What group of people founded Hippo?
(a) The Romansm.
(b) The Persians.
(c) The Phoenicians.
(d) The Greeks.
8. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave?
(a) Offers a peace treaty to Adherbal.
(b) Increase his attack on Adherbal.
(c) Send more money for bribes to Rome.
(d) Return home.
9. What does Sallust say about men's lives and fate in Chapter I-XII?
(a) Fate does not exist.
(b) Too many men allow fate to control their lives.
(c) Fate is in the hands of the Gods.
(d) Nothing can overcome fate.
10. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
(a) When his troops are asleep.
(b) When Jugurtha makes a run for Gaul.
(c) After Jugurtha returns to Zama.
(d) After resting for a week.
11. To whom does Micipas want to hand over his power?
(a) To Jugurtha.
(b) To Cicero.
(c) To Masinissa.
(d) To one of his sons.
12. Why does the Senate send Calpurnius to Numidia?
(a) To kill Jugurtha.
(b) To set up a trial for Jugurtha.
(c) To arrest Jugurtha.
(d) To take over the country.
13. How are people reaching powerful positions?
(a) By putting in a large number of years.
(b) With hard work.
(c) Through unlawful means.
(d) By inheriting the position.
14. What does Rome's feelings about Metellus motivate him to do?
(a) Ask for more money.
(b) Keep attacking Jugurtha.
(c) Withdraw back to Rome.
(d) Plan for Jugurtha's assassination.
15. What does Jugurtha do to Adherbal?
(a) Has him assassinated.
(b) Run him completely out of Numidia.
(c) Tortures him to death.
(d) Cripples him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of welcome does the public give Metellus when he returns to Rome?
2. What does Jugurtha tell Bomilcar to do?
3. What type of public positions, according to Sallust, are not desired by public servants?
4. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
5. What does Jugurtha think the Romans are likely to do with him?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)