|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Publius Scipio tell Jugurtha?
(a) He can help Jugurtha become rich.
(b) He should run for a Senate position.
(c) Trying to get power illegally will ruin him.
(d) He is not Roman so he is not subject to their laws.
2. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
(a) He has little trust of nobles.
(b) He is planning to run for office.
(c) He is being paid to do it.
(d) He wants money.
3. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave?
(a) Offers a peace treaty to Adherbal.
(b) Increase his attack on Adherbal.
(c) Return home.
(d) Send more money for bribes to Rome.
4. What does Micipas tell his two biological sons when he is on his deathbed?
(a) To learn from Jugurtha.
(b) To follow Rome's laws.
(c) To keep any power from Jugurtha.
(d) To kill Jugurtha.
5. What does Jugurtha do when he hears of Metellus's character?
(a) Prepares to fight him.
(b) Offers him a bribe.
(c) He immediately goes to Turkey.
(d) Offers his surrender.
6. What does Metellus do about Vacca?
(a) Make all the citizens slaves.
(b) Appoint Marius as governor.
(c) Takes the city back.
(d) Burns it to the ground.
7. What does Metellus do with his soldiers when he retreats?
(a) Begins to drill them even harder.
(b) Has them scrounge the countryside.
(c) Allows them to rest.
(d) Sends them back to Rome.
8. What does Jugurtha tell Annius he wants to do?
(a) Take over Rome.
(b) Rule Numidia in peace.
(c) Marry his sister.
9. What does Micipas do after receiving a letter from Scipio about Jugurtha's actions during the war?
(a) Gives him a medal of honor.
(b) Have him killed.
(c) Exile him to Rome.
(d) Adopt him as a son.
10. What does Jugurtha do to Hiempsal?
(a) Send him to the Roman Senate.
(b) Have him assassinated.
(c) Set him up as the head of the government.
11. What does Lucius Annius do about Jugurtha?
(a) Kills him.
(b) Marches an army into Suthul.
(c) Kills Bomilcar.
(d) Joins up with him.
12. Why did the society of the Libyans and the Getulians change?
(a) They started fighting with each other.
(b) Rome took it over.
(c) They united under one leader.
(d) The Persians move into the area.
13. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
(a) They are not much interested in wealth.
(b) It is very easy to have wealth in Rome.
(c) They value wealth over their country.
(d) Wealthy people are not allowed in the Senate.
14. Why don't the Roman representatives get to speak to Adherbal?
(a) He refuses to see them.
(b) He is trapped in Cirta.
(c) He has returned to Rome.
(d) He is dead.
15. What does Metellus offer Bohumilcar as a bribe?
(a) A home in Rome.
(b) A lifetime position in the government.
(c) Five gold pieces.
(d) A pardon for murdering Massiva.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
2. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
3. How does Jugurtha motivate his troops to fight against the Romans?
4. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
5. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)