|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jugurtha tell his troops are one of their main advantages against the Romans?
(a) They have better weapons.
(b) They are larger men.
(c) They know the land.
(d) They are fighting for their civil rights.
2. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
(a) When Jugurtha makes a run for Gaul.
(b) When his troops are asleep.
(c) After resting for a week.
(d) After Jugurtha returns to Zama.
3. What did the Romans give to King Masinissa?
(a) Cities and land.
(b) A seat in the Senate.
(c) A standing army.
(d) A number of medals.
4. Who does the Senate send to speak with Jugurtha?
(a) Marcus Scaurus.
(b) Julius Caesar.
5. Who does the Roman public favor in the next consul election?
6. What does the Senate decide is the reason Bocchus fights with Jugurtha?
(a) They don't decide, they don't care about the reason.
(b) He was led astray.
(c) He hates the Romans.
(d) He was offered a lot of money.
7. What does Jugurtha do once the Senate has made its decision on Numidia?
(a) Kills some of the Senators who opposed him.
(b) Provokes Adherbal into a war.
(c) Happily settles down.
(d) Assassinates Adherbal.
8. What does Rome's feelings about Metellus motivate him to do?
(a) Withdraw back to Rome.
(b) Keep attacking Jugurtha.
(c) Ask for more money.
(d) Plan for Jugurtha's assassination.
9. Why does Sallust say he is writing this book?
(a) Because he was told to by the Senate.
(b) Because Jugurtha had a great effect on Roman society.
(c) He wants to be famous.
(d) Because he wants to make some money.
10. Why does Jugurtha send his best men to Zama?
(a) His money is stored in Zama.
(b) He is fortifying against Antonio.
(c) It is where most of their families live.
(d) Metellus plans to attack that city.
11. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
(a) He has little trust of nobles.
(b) He wants money.
(c) He is being paid to do it.
(d) He is planning to run for office.
12. What does Jugurtha do to Adherbal?
(a) Tortures him to death.
(b) Cripples him.
(c) Run him completely out of Numidia.
(d) Has him assassinated.
13. What does Adherbal manage to do when he is caught in Cirta?
(a) Get to Rome himself.
(b) Kill Jugurtha.
(c) Deliver a message to Rome.
(d) Repel Jugurtha's attack.
14. What does Sallust say about men's lives and fate in Chapter I-XII?
(a) Nothing can overcome fate.
(b) Fate does not exist.
(c) Too many men allow fate to control their lives.
(d) Fate is in the hands of the Gods.
15. What does Metellus do about Vacca?
(a) Appoint Marius as governor.
(b) Burns it to the ground.
(c) Takes the city back.
(d) Make all the citizens slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say is the problem with how the Roman army lives?
2. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
3. What does Publius Scipio tell Jugurtha?
4. What does Metellus tell Jugurtha he must hand over before peace talks can commence?
5. What does Micipas tell his two biological sons when he is on his deathbed?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)