Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sallust say is how Europeans view Africa?
(a) As part of Europe.
(b) As a barbarian continent.
(c) As being owned by Rome.
(d) As being peopled by immoral societies.
2. What does Jugurtha do when he hears of Metellus's character?
(a) Offers his surrender.
(b) Offers him a bribe.
(c) He immediately goes to Turkey.
(d) Prepares to fight him.
3. How did the Africans under Micipas view Jugurtha?
(a) He was hated.
(b) He was not known.
(c) He was feared.
(d) He was very popular.
4. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
(a) To build his popularity.
(b) To get his brother arrested.
(c) To get a seat in the Senate.
(d) To get an army.
5. What does Sallust say is Metellus's primary character trait?
(a) He's immoral.
6. What does Jugurtha do after the Roman representatives leave?
(a) Send more money for bribes to Rome.
(b) Return home.
(c) Offers a peace treaty to Adherbal.
(d) Increase his attack on Adherbal.
7. With whom does Jugurtha make friends when he is fighting for Micipas?
(a) Some prominent Romans.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Micipas's sons.
8. How does Rome feel about what Metellus is doing?
9. What does Jugurtha do once the Senate has made its decision on Numidia?
(a) Kills some of the Senators who opposed him.
(b) Assassinates Adherbal.
(c) Provokes Adherbal into a war.
(d) Happily settles down.
10. What does Sallust say men are obsessed by which controls their lives?
(b) Material items.
11. What does Metellus offer Bohumilcar as a bribe?
(a) Five gold pieces.
(b) A pardon for murdering Massiva.
(c) A lifetime position in the government.
(d) A home in Rome.
12. Who does the Senate send to speak with Jugurtha?
(a) Marcus Scaurus.
(d) Julius Caesar.
13. Who does the Roman public favor in the next consul election?
14. To where does Adherval flee?
15. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
(b) Calls on Micipas for help.
(c) Poisons Jugurtha.
(d) Send ambassadors to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Micipas want to hand over his power?
2. What group of people founded Hippo?
3. What does Adherbal manage to do when he is caught in Cirta?
4. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
5. What does Jugurtha tell Annius he wants to do?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)