|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sallust say men are obsessed by which controls their lives?
(d) Material items.
2. What does Metellus do about Vacca?
(a) Burns it to the ground.
(b) Appoint Marius as governor.
(c) Takes the city back.
(d) Make all the citizens slaves.
3. What does Sallust say about men's lives and fate in Chapter I-XII?
(a) Fate is in the hands of the Gods.
(b) Nothing can overcome fate.
(c) Fate does not exist.
(d) Too many men allow fate to control their lives.
4. What does Jugurtha tell his troops are one of their main advantages against the Romans?
(a) They are larger men.
(b) They know the land.
(c) They have better weapons.
(d) They are fighting for their civil rights.
5. What does Jugurtha do against Metellus's army?
(a) Attacks the entire army.
(b) Tries to subvert it from within.
(c) Small ambushes.
(d) Runs from it.
6. What does the Senate tell Adherbal to do after their representative in question #127 returns?
(a) To come to Rome.
(b) They don't tell him anything.
(c) To resign Cirta and talk to Jugurtha.
(d) To hand over all the territory to Jugurtha.
7. Why don't the Roman representatives get to speak to Adherbal?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is trapped in Cirta.
(c) He refuses to see them.
(d) He has returned to Rome.
8. What does Bocchus decide to do about Marius?
(a) Attack Metellus.
(b) Make friends with Rome.
(c) Attack Rome.
(d) Attack Jugurtha.
9. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
(a) Wealthy people are not allowed in the Senate.
(b) It is very easy to have wealth in Rome.
(c) They value wealth over their country.
(d) They are not much interested in wealth.
10. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
(a) Adherbal started the war.
(b) He will do whatever he wants.
(c) He does not intend to dishonor the Senate.
(d) He wants to settle with Adherbal.
11. What does Jugurtha do to Adherbal?
(a) Run him completely out of Numidia.
(b) Tortures him to death.
(c) Cripples him.
(d) Has him assassinated.
12. Who does the Senate send to speak with Jugurtha?
(a) Julius Caesar.
(b) Marcus Scaurus.
13. How are people reaching powerful positions?
(a) With hard work.
(b) By putting in a large number of years.
(c) By inheriting the position.
(d) Through unlawful means.
14. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
(a) Roman morals.
(b) Roman attitude towards women.
(c) Roman conquering other countries.
(d) Roman nobility.
15. To what office do the Roman people elect Quintin Metellus?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Metellus realize about Zama?
2. Why does Memmuis send Lucius Cassius to Numidia?
3. What does Annuis finally do after speaking with Jugurtha?
4. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
5. Why does the Senate send Calpurnius to Numidia?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)