|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
(a) Roman nobility.
(b) Roman morals.
(c) Roman conquering other countries.
(d) Roman attitude towards women.
2. To where does Adherval flee?
3. Why does Sallust say he is writing this book?
(a) He wants to be famous.
(b) Because he was told to by the Senate.
(c) Because Jugurtha had a great effect on Roman society.
(d) Because he wants to make some money.
4. Who persuades Jugurtha to keep silent about corruption in the Roman government?
(d) Caius Baebius.
5. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
(b) Send ambassadors to Rome.
(c) Calls on Micipas for help.
(d) Poisons Jugurtha.
6. What does the Senate tell Adherbal to do after their representative in question #127 returns?
(a) They don't tell him anything.
(b) To come to Rome.
(c) To resign Cirta and talk to Jugurtha.
(d) To hand over all the territory to Jugurtha.
7. How does Rome feel about what Metellus is doing?
8. What does Jugurtha do when he hears of Metellus's character?
(a) Prepares to fight him.
(b) Offers him a bribe.
(c) Offers his surrender.
(d) He immediately goes to Turkey.
9. Why does Memmuis stir up the public?
(a) He is planning to run for office.
(b) He has little trust of nobles.
(c) He is being paid to do it.
(d) He wants money.
10. What does the Senate decide is the reason Bocchus fights with Jugurtha?
(a) He hates the Romans.
(b) He was offered a lot of money.
(c) They don't decide, they don't care about the reason.
(d) He was led astray.
11. What does Sallust say is Metellus's primary character trait?
(b) He's immoral.
12. Why does Adherbal deliver a speech to the Senate?
(a) To ask for help to defeat Jugurtha.
(b) To warn them about Micipas.
(c) To raise money.
(d) To ask for Jugurtha's arrest.
13. What does Bocchus decide to do about Marius?
(a) Attack Rome.
(b) Make friends with Rome.
(c) Attack Jugurtha.
(d) Attack Metellus.
14. What type of public positions, according to Sallust, are not desired by public servants?
(a) Those that require intelligence.
(b) Those that are dangerous.
(c) Those that are low paying.
(d) Those that are high paying.
15. Why does Jugurtha send his best men to Zama?
(a) He is fortifying against Antonio.
(b) His money is stored in Zama.
(c) Metellus plans to attack that city.
(d) It is where most of their families live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Metellus do about Vacca?
2. Why does the Senate send Calpurnius to Numidia?
3. To whom does Micipas want to hand over his power?
4. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
5. What does Jugurtha do to Adherbal?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)