|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Metellus tell Jugurtha he must hand over before peace talks can commence?
(a) All his treasure in Cirta.
(b) All his men and elephants.
(c) His inheritance.
(d) His son as a hostage.
2. To where does Adherval flee?
3. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
(a) To Rome.
(b) To southern Africa.
(c) Numantine War.
(d) To Spain.
4. What does the Senate decide is the reason Bocchus fights with Jugurtha?
(a) He hates the Romans.
(b) They don't decide, they don't care about the reason.
(c) He was offered a lot of money.
(d) He was led astray.
5. What does Jugurtha do when Metellus marches past his ambush?
(a) Nothing, he waits to see what Metellus is going to do.
(b) Calls a truce to parley.
(c) Withdraws, he is too outnumbered.
(d) Attacks him.
6. What does the Senate do in response to Jugurtha's behavior towards Adherbal?
(a) Bring him back to Rome.
(b) Ignore his behavior.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Send a new king to Numidia.
7. What does Jugurtha tell his troops are one of their main advantages against the Romans?
(a) They have better weapons.
(b) They are fighting for their civil rights.
(c) They know the land.
(d) They are larger men.
8. What does the Senate give Metellus after he is elected?
(b) The province of Gaul.
(c) Head of the civil service.
(d) Head of a powerful Senate committee.
9. What does Jugurtha begin to do after he decides not to surrender?
(a) Build an army.
(b) Assassinate Metellus.
(c) Try to hide in Numidia.
(d) Run to Gaul
10. What does Jugurtha do after Annuis' officers leave their posts?
(a) Burn down Suthul.
(b) Surround Annuis.
(c) Leaves for his capiol.
(d) Surrender himself.
11. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
(a) Declares war.
(b) Sends ambassadors.
(c) Gives Jugurtha the territory he has burned.
(d) Kills Jugurtha.
12. What does Jugurtha do when he hears of Metellus's character?
(a) Offers him a bribe.
(b) Prepares to fight him.
(c) He immediately goes to Turkey.
(d) Offers his surrender.
13. What was Jugurtha's relationship to Micipas?
14. How are people reaching powerful positions?
(a) Through unlawful means.
(b) By inheriting the position.
(c) By putting in a large number of years.
(d) With hard work.
15. What does Rome's feelings about Metellus motivate him to do?
(a) Plan for Jugurtha's assassination.
(b) Withdraw back to Rome.
(c) Keep attacking Jugurtha.
(d) Ask for more money.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Micipas want to hand over his power?
2. How did the Africans under Micipas view Jugurtha?
3. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
4. What does Jugurtha tell Annius he wants to do?
5. What does the Senate decide to do about Adherbal's request?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)