|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jugurthine War L-LXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sallust view the body?
(a) As a weak part of humans.
(b) As a brutal, destructive force.
(c) As the best part of a nation.
(d) As a beautiful gift from God.
2. What type of government does Sallust say could bring about a change?
3. What does Marius do after the elections?
(a) Gather an army and head to Numidia.
(b) Resign from public life.
(c) Take his place in the Senate.
(d) Go after Metellus.
4. Who does Sallust say Piso treated harshly?
(a) The Spanish.
(c) The Barbarians.
5. What surprises Petreius about Catiline's attack?
(a) He is not surprised by anything in Catiline's attack.
(b) How tactically correct it is.
(c) How weak it is.
(d) How aggressive it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say is how Europeans view Africa?
2. How does Sallust feel about the answer to question #35?
3. Why did Catiline kill his son?
4. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
5. What does Sallust say people should not do if the government is corrupt?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)