|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jugurthine War L-LXI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does not like Catiline's plans for Cicero?
2. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
(a) Threatening their families.
(b) Reminding them of past heroics.
(c) Offering combat wages.
(d) Offering a take in the bounty on Catiline.
3. When does Marius decide to attack Jugurtha?
(a) When Jugurtha makes a run for Gaul.
(b) After Jugurtha returns to Zama.
(c) After resting for a week.
(d) When his troops are asleep.
4. Who does Cicero arrange to wait under the Milvian Bridge?
(b) Three Senators.
(c) Two men.
(d) Catiline's wife.
5. What does Metellus do about Vacca?
(a) Takes the city back.
(b) Appoint Marius as governor.
(c) Make all the citizens slaves.
(d) Burns it to the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
2. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
3. What group of people founded Hippo?
4. Why don't the Roman representatives get to speak to Adherbal?
5. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)