|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jugurthine War XIII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does he tell his followers to carry at all times?
(b) Food and water.
(c) Carrier pigeons.
(d) Letters from him.
2. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
(b) Too many facts have been covered up.
(c) Cicero wanted a biased history.
(d) Too much time has passed.
3. What happens to Cneuis Piso?
(a) Nothing happens to Piso.
(b) He is murdered.
(c) He is sent to Russia.
(d) He breaks his leg.
4. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
(a) To get a seat in the Senate.
(b) To get an army.
(c) To build his popularity.
(d) To get his brother arrested.
5. What does Jugurtha do once the Senate has made its decision on Numidia?
(a) Provokes Adherbal into a war.
(b) Happily settles down.
(c) Kills some of the Senators who opposed him.
(d) Assassinates Adherbal.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Catiline go for allies?
2. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
3. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
4. What is Catiline doing that is akin to revolution, according to Sallust?
5. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)