|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jugurthine War XIII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celer do about Catiline?
(a) He assassinates Catiline.
(b) He slips behind Catiline to block his retreat.
(c) He has nothing to do with Catiline's fight.
(d) He joins Catiline.
2. Where does Petreius attack Catiline after his initial attack?
(a) Down the center.
(b) On the left wing and in the rear.
(c) Across the entire front.
(d) On the left and right wings.
3. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
4. What does Catiline do when he hears about his men being killed?
(a) Makes camp for a week.
(b) Confronts Cicero.
(c) Marches on Rome.
(d) Turns back towards Gaul.
5. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
(a) Through war.
(b) By conspiracy.
(c) By assimilation.
(d) By elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is there a public voting for another consul?
2. Where is Volturcius arrested?
3. Why did the society of the Libyans and the Getulians change?
4. What does the rumors of an army coming to Rome do in the city?
5. How are people reaching powerful positions?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)