|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jugurthine War XIII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sallust say men are obsessed by which controls their lives?
(d) Material items.
2. How do the people in question #55 respond to Catiline?
(a) They say no.
(b) They say no then change their mind.
(c) They say yes.
(d) At first they agree then change their mind.
3. What does Sallust say about men's lives and fate in Chapter I-XII?
(a) Too many men allow fate to control their lives.
(b) Nothing can overcome fate.
(c) Fate is in the hands of the Gods.
(d) Fate does not exist.
4. What does Cicero decide to do about what he knows?
(a) Raise an army.
(b) Go to the Senate.
(c) Go to Africa until it blows over.
(d) Send out assassins.
5. Why did the society of the Libyans and the Getulians change?
(a) They united under one leader.
(b) The Persians move into the area.
(c) Rome took it over.
(d) They started fighting with each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Sallust, why did men join the army in the early days of Rome?
2. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
3. What does Adherbal do before he battles with Jugurtha?
4. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
5. What does Adherbal first do in response to Jugurtha burning villages in his territory?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)