|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Jugurthine War XIII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adherbal manage to do when he is caught in Cirta?
(a) Get to Rome himself.
(b) Deliver a message to Rome.
(c) Kill Jugurtha.
(d) Repel Jugurtha's attack.
2. Where does Catiline send his best men?
(a) To China.
(b) To Russia.
(c) Various parts of Europe.
(d) To Rome.
3. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
4. What type of debate does the Senate have over the men Cicero arrests?
(a) Whether they should be exiled.
(b) Whether to execute them.
(c) How much they know.
(d) Whether they are guilty.
5. What does Jugurtha figure out about Romans and wealth?
(a) They are not much interested in wealth.
(b) It is very easy to have wealth in Rome.
(c) Wealthy people are not allowed in the Senate.
(d) They value wealth over their country.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sallust feel about the answer to question #35?
2. Why did Catiline kill his son?
3. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
4. What surprises Petreius about Catiline's attack?
5. What did Jugurtha oppose in Roman society?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)