|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XXXVII-XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catiline think is the best way to advance one's ambitions?
(a) Through war.
(b) By assimilation.
(c) By conspiracy.
(d) By elections.
2. According to Sallust, why did men join the army in the early days of Rome?
(a) To impress the women.
(b) To support their country.
(c) To earn better money.
(d) To earn renown as a hero.
3. What does Catiline plan to do with Cneuis Piso?
(a) He plans to assassinate him.
(b) He plans to have him marry his daughter.
(c) He plans for him to be Vice Consul.
(d) He plans for him to take over the two Spains.
4. How does Sallust feel about the answer to question #35?
(b) Begrudging respect.
5. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
(a) Romans do not have great literature.
(b) People began fighting for recognition.
(c) The society became weaker.
(d) Celebrities were more imporatant than leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
2. What is Catiline doing that is akin to revolution, according to Sallust?
3. What does Sallust say is one of the main differences between Catiline and Cicero?
4. What does Catiline mix for his followers to drink?
5. What does Catiline promise the people in question #55 if they help him?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)