|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XXXVII-XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Sallust say his ancestors built great empires?
(a) With a desire to control people.
(b) With intellect.
(c) With brute strength.
(d) With brute strength and intellect.
2. Who is told about Catiline's plans for Cicero?
3. Why did Catiline kill his son?
(a) His son tried to kill him.
(b) On the demand of his girlfriend.
(c) He didn't know it was his son.
(d) His son killed his wife.
4. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Convert him to their cause.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Exile him.
5. Who does Cicero arrange to wait under the Milvian Bridge?
(a) Catiline's wife.
(b) Three Senators.
(d) Two men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people in general, did Sallust say the army had?
2. To whom does Catiline go for allies?
3. What is Catiline doing that is akin to revolution, according to Sallust?
4. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
5. What does Catiline begins to attract to his side?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)