|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XXXVII-XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
(a) The society became weaker.
(b) Celebrities were more imporatant than leaders.
(c) Romans do not have great literature.
(d) People began fighting for recognition.
2. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
(c) A family from another country.
(d) Slave family.
3. What does Catiline do to attract people to his cause?
(a) Promise them to listen to what they want.
(b) Buy them gifts and send them mistresses.
(c) Promise them a position in his government.
(d) Give them land.
4. With what does Sallust say his ancestors built great empires?
(a) With brute strength and intellect.
(b) With a desire to control people.
(c) With intellect.
(d) With brute strength.
5. What two groups came together to form Rome?
(a) The Trojans and Aborigines.
(b) The Britons and the Celts.
(c) The Italians and the Germanic Tribes.
(d) The Carthaginians and the Druids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cicero do with the conspirators he has in custody?
2. What troops does the Senate send out?
3. Why did Sallust become a writer?
4. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
5. What does he tell his followers to carry at all times?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)