|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XXXVII-XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Exile him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Kidnap him.
(d) Convert him to their cause.
2. What is Cicero told to do about the Catiline situation?
(a) Prevent damage to the Commonwealth.
(c) Call for a vote in the consulars.
(d) Kill Catiline.
3. How do the people in the Senate feel towards Catiline when he enters the Senate?
4. Who names Marcus Crassus as a conspirator?
5. What is Catiline doing that is akin to revolution, according to Sallust?
(a) Killing off important people.
(b) Getting criminals, youngsters and the poor on his side.
(c) Arming the masses.
(d) Taking from the wealthy and giving to the poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does an empire need to have an emphasis on the mind?
2. What does Sallust think a reader of history believes?
3. When does Antonio declare his injury?
4. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
5. What happened with Catiline's constituency?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)