|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XXXVII-XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Catiline tell the Senate he is going because of the accusations against him?
2. Into what type of family was Catiline born?
(a) A family from another country.
(b) Slave family.
3. Why did the government become unsupportable?
(a) Belief in God died.
(b) Society morals disintegrated.
(c) The civilization became too big.
(d) The government became too big.
4. Who do Catiline's followers plan to lure to the city gate?
5. Where does Catiline send his best men?
(a) To Rome.
(b) Various parts of Europe.
(c) To Russia.
(d) To China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the early Roman society morally sound?
2. What do the conspirators do when they hear Catiline plans to burn the city?
3. What does Catiline do to attract people to his cause?
4. When did greed take over society, according to Sallust?
5. What does Sallust say the prince's way of life promoted?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)