|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XIII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
(b) Too much time has passed.
(c) Too many facts have been covered up.
(d) Cicero wanted a biased history.
2. With whom does Quintus Curius have a relationship?
3. Why does Jugurtha easily bribe members of government?
(a) The lack of living wages for government workers.
(b) His father was so well known.
(c) The moral decline in Roman society.
(d) The overall poor economy.
4. How does Sallust view the body?
(a) As a brutal, destructive force.
(b) As the best part of a nation.
(c) As a beautiful gift from God.
(d) As a weak part of humans.
5. Why is there a public voting for another consul?
(a) Cicero found out about the meeting.
(b) Curius tells his girlfriend about the meeting.
(c) Some of the people were horrified about drinking human blood.
(d) The higher consuls were upset about the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Cneuis Piso?
2. What does Sallust say allowed Catiline to increase his power?
3. Why did Catiline kill his son?
4. What does Sallust think a reader of history believes?
5. What does Catiline plan to do with Lucius Cotta and Lucius Torquatus?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)