|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XIII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Catiline's constituency end up the way it did?
(a) They had a monopoly on a gold mine.
(b) They were considered uncouth.
(c) There was a drought in his district.
(d) Catiline abused his power.
2. What does Catiline begins to attract to his side?
(b) The Spanish.
(d) Older people.
3. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
(a) Conquered other lands through a strong army.
(b) Put in checks and balances on power.
(c) Brought people together with love of their country.
(d) Controlled the morals of the people.
4. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
(a) To understand the enemy.
(b) For planning.
(c) To know if a war needs to be fought.
(d) To keep the belief in the cause strong.
5. What does Catiline do to attract people to his cause?
(a) Buy them gifts and send them mistresses.
(b) Promise them to listen to what they want.
(c) Promise them a position in his government.
(d) Give them land.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sallust become a writer?
2. What two groups came together to form Rome?
3. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
4. How does Sallust view the body?
5. According to Sallust, why did men join the army in the early days of Rome?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)