|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XIII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sallust claims his writing is not totally accurate because of this.
(b) Too much time has passed.
(c) Cicero wanted a biased history.
(d) Too many facts have been covered up.
2. What does Sallust think a reader of history believes?
(a) It is completely accurate.
(b) History is generally boring.
(c) It is written with a bias.
(d) It is always censored.
3. Why does an empire need to have an emphasis on the mind?
(a) The government has to be smarter than the slaves.
(b) There is so much paperwork.
(c) The government has to educate the people.
(d) The government would be constantly changing without it.
4. Why did the government become unsupportable?
(a) The civilization became too big.
(b) Society morals disintegrated.
(c) The government became too big.
(d) Belief in God died.
5. What does Sallust say is the result of people wanting their own merits celebrated rather then to record others' merits?
(a) The society became weaker.
(b) Celebrities were more imporatant than leaders.
(c) People began fighting for recognition.
(d) Romans do not have great literature.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the early Roman society morally sound?
2. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
3. What does Sallust say wise leaders did in the beginning of the nation?
4. What two groups came together to form Rome?
5. Why is there a public voting for another consul?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)