|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Conspiracy of Catiline XIII-XXIV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Catiline begins to attract to his side?
(c) Older people.
(d) The Spanish.
2. Why did Sallust become a writer?
(a) He wanted to make Catiline famous.
(b) He wanted to stir up the people.
(c) He did not want to waste his life.
(d) He was too old to do anything else.
3. What does Sallust think a reader of history believes?
(a) It is written with a bias.
(b) It is always censored.
(c) It is completely accurate.
(d) History is generally boring.
4. Why does Jugurtha easily bribe members of government?
(a) The overall poor economy.
(b) The lack of living wages for government workers.
(c) His father was so well known.
(d) The moral decline in Roman society.
5. What does Catiline say he will do if he is head of the government?
(a) Create a new empire.
(b) End slavery.
(c) End debt and the greed of the wealthy.
(d) Lower taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catiline plan to do with Cneuis Piso?
2. What does Catiline plan to do with Lucius Cotta and Lucius Torquatus?
3. Who does Sallust say Piso treated harshly?
4. What does Catiline do to attract people to his cause?
5. Why did Catiline kill his son?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)