|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jugurthine War XXXVII-XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lucius Sylla to with the army?
(a) Downsized it.
(b) Made it too big.
(c) Disciplined it radically.
(d) Over indulged the soldiers.
2. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
(a) Offering a take in the bounty on Catiline.
(b) Threatening their families.
(c) Offering combat wages.
(d) Reminding them of past heroics.
3. What do Catiline's followers plan to do with the man in question #59?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Kidnap him.
(c) Convert him to their cause.
(d) Exile him.
4. Where does Cicero work?
(a) In the merchants' section of Rome.
(b) The Senate building.
(c) The solicitation Consul's house.
(d) At the Roman Court.
5. What does Jugurtha tell the Roman representatives who come to check on the situation in Numidia?
(a) He wants to settle with Adherbal.
(b) Adherbal started the war.
(c) He will do whatever he wants.
(d) He does not intend to dishonor the Senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Manilos doing in Etrupia?
2. What does Jugurtha do to Adherbal?
3. Where is Lucuis Tarquinious arrested?
4. To where does Adherval flee?
5. What does Sallust think a reader of history believes?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)