|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jugurthine War XXXVII-XLIX.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the people in question #55 do after Catiline leaves them?
(a) Send their best warriors to Rome.
(b) Nothing, it is of no concern to them.
(c) Get ready for war.
(d) Disclose his request to Rome.
2. To where does Adherbal escape with his soldiers?
3. For what does Sallust say the mind is needed in war?
(a) For planning.
(b) To understand the enemy.
(c) To keep the belief in the cause strong.
(d) To know if a war needs to be fought.
4. Why does Jugurtha bribe Romans?
(a) To get his brother arrested.
(b) To get an army.
(c) To get a seat in the Senate.
(d) To build his popularity.
5. How does Petreius motivate soldiers?
(a) Reminding them of past heroics.
(b) Offering combat wages.
(c) Threatening their families.
(d) Offering a take in the bounty on Catiline.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cicero work?
2. Where does Micipas send Jugurtha to fight?
3. Why does Sallust say he is writing this book?
4. How does Rome feel about what Metellus is doing?
5. What does Cato say about the fate of the traitors?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)