|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
2. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
3. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
4. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
5. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
2. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
3. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
4. Describe the journey back home.
5. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
6. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
7. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
8. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
9. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
10. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does the Corps want to journey down the Missouri River? Why has the river not been extensively explored before? What are the other rivers' relationships with the Missouri?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history between the American Indian in terms of the following:
1) Allies and enemies
Essay Topic 3
What were the main concerns in America during the early 1800s. How are these concerns expressed in the journals?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)