|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
2. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
3. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
4. Who does Clark name the tower after?
5. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
2. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
3. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
4. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
5. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
6. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
7. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
8. Describe the journey back home.
9. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
10. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the Indian tribes Lewis and Clark encounter and examine its culture within the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What does the buffalo symbolize in American culture? How does the buffalo symbolize different things to the American Indians than it does to the American whites?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the animals the Corps encounters in the book and examine it in terms of the following:
3) Survival skills
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)