|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
2. What does the Corps use dogs for?
3. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
4. Where does Lewis shoot one of the Indians?
5. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
2. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
3. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
4. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
5. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
6. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
7. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
8. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
9. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
10. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare American Indian culture with white American culture?
1) How do white American culture and American Indian culture clash?
2) What have white American culture and American Indian culture learned from each other?
Essay Topic 2
What does the buffalo symbolize in American culture? How does the buffalo symbolize different things to the American Indians than it does to the American whites?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
This section contains 785 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)