|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Corps communicate with the Indians in this chapter?
2. What threatens to break the canoes?
3. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
4. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
5. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
2. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
3. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
4. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
5. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
6. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
7. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
8. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
9. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
10. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the animals the Corps encounters in the book and examine it in terms of the following:
3) Survival skills
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of the buffalo to the American Indians within the following areas:
2) Everyday life
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the Indian tribes Lewis and Clark encounter and examine its culture within the following areas:
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)