|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
2. Who suffers from a bad cold in this chapter?
3. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
4. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
5. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
Essay Topic 1
What problems does the group encounter during its journey? How does it manage to get over its problems? How does it learn from its mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
What were the main concerns in America during the early 1800s. How are these concerns expressed in the journals?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the punishment and discipline used in the book to keep the Corps in order.
1) Why was so important to keep the Corps disciplined?
2) In what way do Lewis and Clark set a good a example for the men?
3) Why are none of the punished men asked to leave the Corps?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)