|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
2. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
3. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
4. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
5. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
2. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
3. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
4. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
5. Describe the journey back home.
6. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
7. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
8. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
9. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
10. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the history between the American Indian in terms of the following:
1) Allies and enemies
Essay Topic 2
What are the differences between leaders and followers? How can a team work well with a variety of individuals? Do you think the Corps works well together?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the animals the Corps encounters in the book and examine it in terms of the following:
3) Survival skills
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)