|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
2. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
3. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
4. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
5. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
Essay Topic 2
1) In what way is trading an important part of Indian culture?
2) What involvement did the French have in Indian trading?
3) How did the Corps use the American Indians' love of trading to their advantage?
Essay Topic 3
What impact have Lewis and Clark had on modern America? Why were Lewis and Clark specifically asked to lead the expedition? How are Lewis and Clark regarded today?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)