|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
2. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
3. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
4. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
5. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
2. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
3. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
4. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
5. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
6. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
7. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
8. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
9. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
10. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the Indian tribes Lewis and Clark encounter and examine its culture within the following areas:
Essay Topic 3
1) In what way is trading an important part of Indian culture?
2) What involvement did the French have in Indian trading?
3) How did the Corps use the American Indians' love of trading to their advantage?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)