|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
2. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
3. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
4. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
5. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
2. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
3. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
4. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
5. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
6. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
7. Describe the journey back home.
8. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
9. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
10. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What leadership qualities do Clark and Lewis have? What kind of relationship do the captains have with other members of the Corps?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Corps want to journey down the Missouri River? Why has the river not been extensively explored before? What are the other rivers' relationships with the Missouri?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)