|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
2. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
3. Which of following is not an Indian language?
4. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
5. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
2. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
3. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
4. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
5. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
6. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
7. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
8. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
9. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
10. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the Indian tribes Lewis and Clark encounter and examine its culture within the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What leadership qualities do Clark and Lewis have? What kind of relationship do the captains have with other members of the Corps?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history between the American Indian in terms of the following:
1) Allies and enemies
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)