|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
2. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
3. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
4. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
5. Who does Clark name the tower after?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
2. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
3. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
4. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
5. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
6. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
7. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
8. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
9. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
10. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does the group encounter during its journey? How does it manage to get over its problems? How does it learn from its mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
What were the main concerns in America during the early 1800s. How are these concerns expressed in the journals?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the Indian tribes Lewis and Clark encounter and examine its culture within the following areas:
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)