|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
2. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
3. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
4. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
5. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
2. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
3. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
4. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
5. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
6. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
7. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
8. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
9. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
10. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does the group encounter during its journey? How does it manage to get over its problems? How does it learn from its mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of the buffalo to the American Indians within the following areas:
2) Everyday life
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the animals the Corps encounters in the book and examine it in terms of the following:
3) Survival skills
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)