|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
2. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
3. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
4. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
5. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the animals the Corps encounters in the book and examine it in terms of the following:
3) Survival skills
Essay Topic 3
Examine the punishment and discipline used in the book to keep the Corps in order.
1) Why was so important to keep the Corps disciplined?
2) In what way do Lewis and Clark set a good a example for the men?
3) Why are none of the punished men asked to leave the Corps?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)