|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
2. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
3. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
4. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
5. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
2. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
3. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
4. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
5. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
6. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
7. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
8. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
9. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
10. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does the group encounter during its journey? How does it manage to get over its problems? How does it learn from its mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the American President held more highly in regard in the 19th century than he is today? What did the Indians think about having their lives ruled by someone who had nothing to do with their culture?
Essay Topic 3
Compare American Indian culture with white American culture?
1) How do white American culture and American Indian culture clash?
2) What have white American culture and American Indian culture learned from each other?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)