|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clark say the Teton Sioux Indians will not be tolerated around the camp?
2. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
3. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
4. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
5. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
Essay Topic 1
1) In what way is trading an important part of Indian culture?
2) What involvement did the French have in Indian trading?
3) How did the Corps use the American Indians' love of trading to their advantage?
Essay Topic 2
What were the main concerns in America during the early 1800s. How are these concerns expressed in the journals?
Essay Topic 3
What was the aim of the expedition? Did the expedition achieve all of its aims? Why was a similar expedition was not held years or even decades earlier?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)