|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
2. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Shoshone Indians?
3. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
4. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
5. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the journey back home.
2. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
3. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
4. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
5. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
6. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
7. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
8. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
9. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
10. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between leaders and followers? How can a team work well with a variety of individuals? Do you think the Corps works well together?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the American President held more highly in regard in the 19th century than he is today? What did the Indians think about having their lives ruled by someone who had nothing to do with their culture?
Essay Topic 3
What impact have Lewis and Clark had on modern America? Why were Lewis and Clark specifically asked to lead the expedition? How are Lewis and Clark regarded today?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)