|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
2. Where does Potts injure himself?
3. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
4. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
5. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
2. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
3. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
4. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
5. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
6. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
7. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
8. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
9. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
10. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the importance of the buffalo to the American Indians within the following areas:
2) Everyday life
Essay Topic 2
What does the buffalo symbolize in American culture? How does the buffalo symbolize different things to the American Indians than it does to the American whites?
Essay Topic 3
What leadership qualities do Clark and Lewis have? What kind of relationship do the captains have with other members of the Corps?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)