|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
2. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
3. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
4. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
5. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the Indian tribes Lewis and Clark encounter and examine its culture within the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
What were the main concerns in America during the early 1800s. How are these concerns expressed in the journals?
Essay Topic 3
What does the buffalo symbolize in American culture? How does the buffalo symbolize different things to the American Indians than it does to the American whites?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)