|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
2. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
3. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
4. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
5. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
2. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
3. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
4. Describe the journey back home.
5. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
6. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
7. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
8. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
9. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
10. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact have Lewis and Clark had on modern America? Why were Lewis and Clark specifically asked to lead the expedition? How are Lewis and Clark regarded today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of the buffalo to the American Indians within the following areas:
2) Everyday life
Essay Topic 3
Look at the structure of the journals.
1) How did the editor edit and structure the entries of the journal to make it more entertaining?
2) What information do you think the editor decided against using and why?
3) How much of the real voice of the writers is lost by not presenting all the information?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)