|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men buy from the Indians in this chapter?
2. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
3. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
4. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
5. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
2. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
3. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
4. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
5. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
6. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
7. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
8. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
9. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
10. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
Essay Topic 2
Why was the American President held more highly in regard in the 19th century than he is today? What did the Indians think about having their lives ruled by someone who had nothing to do with their culture?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history between the American Indian in terms of the following:
1) Allies and enemies
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)