|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose protection does the captain say a warring nation will lose?
2. What does the Corps name the island they discover in this chapter?
3. Who does Captain Clark protect in this chapter?
4. Which character acts as a doctor for the Corps?
5. Who gives birth in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What decisions does Clark make on November 2?
2. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
3. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
4. Why does the Corps find it difficult to get across Musselshell River?
5. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
6. What does Jean Valle tell the party in the fourth chapter?
7. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
8. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
9. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
10. Why does Lewis worry about the construction of the main boat in Chapter 11?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What problems does the group encounter during its journey? How does it manage to get over its problems? How does it learn from its mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
What was the aim of the expedition? Did the expedition achieve all of its aims? Why was a similar expedition was not held years or even decades earlier?
Essay Topic 3
What leadership qualities do Clark and Lewis have? What kind of relationship do the captains have with other members of the Corps?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)