|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following fish do the men not catch in the river?
2. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
3. What was Blackbird killed by?
4. What kind of animal does the Corps catch alive in this chapter?
5. What is Newman's punishment for mutinous expression?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
2. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
3. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
4. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
5. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
6. What happens to Private Howard in Chapter 6?
7. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
8. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
9. Why do the captains want to find La Liberte in the second chapter?
10. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the buffalo symbolize in American culture? How does the buffalo symbolize different things to the American Indians than it does to the American whites?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of the buffalo to the American Indians within the following areas:
2) Everyday life
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the Indian tribes Lewis and Clark encounter and examine its culture within the following areas:
This section contains 1,356 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)