Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
2. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
3. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
4. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
5. What does the scouting party have to find up the southern fork of the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
2. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
3. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
4. Why do the captains want to find La Liberte in the second chapter?
5. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
6. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
7. Describe the meeting that takes place between the captains and the Yankton Siuox on August 30th.
8. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
9. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
10. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the animals the Corps encounters in the book and examine it in terms of the following:
3) Survival skills
Essay Topic 2
What was the aim of the expedition? Did the expedition achieve all of its aims? Why was a similar expedition was not held years or even decades earlier?
Essay Topic 3
Why was the American President held more highly in regard in the 19th century than he is today? What did the Indians think about having their lives ruled by someone who had nothing to do with their culture?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)