Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
2. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
3. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
4. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
5. What does the scouting party have to find up the southern fork of the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
2. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
3. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
4. Why do the captains want to find La Liberte in the second chapter?
5. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
6. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
7. Describe the meeting that takes place between the captains and the Yankton Siuox on August 30th.
8. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
9. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
10. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
Essay Topic 1
What problems does the group encounter during its journey? How does it manage to get over its problems? How does it learn from its mistakes?
Essay Topic 2
What leadership qualities do Clark and Lewis have? What kind of relationship do the captains have with other members of the Corps?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the punishment and discipline used in the book to keep the Corps in order.
1) Why was so important to keep the Corps disciplined?
2) In what way do Lewis and Clark set a good a example for the men?
3) Why are none of the punished men asked to leave the Corps?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)