|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch in this chapter?
2. What do the hunters kill in this chapter?
3. Which member of the Corps dies in this chapter?
4. What is the name of Clark's servant?
5. What is Newman's punishment for mutinous expression?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
2. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
3. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
4. What problems does the buffalo cause in Chapter 9?
5. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
6. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
7. What does Lewis note about antelope in Chapter 8?
8. What problems does Lewis encounter on his walk in Chapter 10?
9. How does Captain Lewis help with the delivery of Jean-Baptiste?
10. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the animals the Corps encounters in the book and examine it in terms of the following:
3) Survival skills
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and outline either Clark or Lewis' thoughts on the subject. Use your own ideas to argue whether you think the captain you have chosen is right or wrong.
1) The motives of the French Traders
2) Making peace with the Indians
3) The American Indian's way of life
Essay Topic 3
What impact have Lewis and Clark had on modern America? Why were Lewis and Clark specifically asked to lead the expedition? How are Lewis and Clark regarded today?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)