|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of the men like about the Mandan village?
2. Whose protection does the captain say a warring nation will lose?
3. What are the towropes made from?
4. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
5. What is the name of the experienced waterman within the Corps?
Short Essay Questions
1. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
2. What happens to Private Howard in Chapter 6?
3. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
4. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
5. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
6. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
7. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
8. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
9. Why does the Corps find it difficult to get across Musselshell River?
10. Why does the Corps find the terrain heavy going in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the importance of the buffalo to the American Indians within the following areas:
2) Everyday life
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history between the American Indian in terms of the following:
1) Allies and enemies
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)