|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lewis decide to walk along the shore?
2. What does the party reach on July 25th?
3. Where is Meriwether Lewis in this chapter?
4. What does the Corps buy from a trading cargo?
5. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
2. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
3. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
4. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
5. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
6. What do the men do when they set up camp on August the 15th?
7. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
8. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
9. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
10. What problems does Lewis encounter on his walk in Chapter 10?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the importance of the buffalo to the American Indians within the following areas:
2) Everyday life
Essay Topic 2
Why does the Corps want to journey down the Missouri River? Why has the river not been extensively explored before? What are the other rivers' relationships with the Missouri?
Essay Topic 3
What impact have Lewis and Clark had on modern America? Why were Lewis and Clark specifically asked to lead the expedition? How are Lewis and Clark regarded today?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)