|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in command of the keelboat?
2. How does Clark kill the cougar?
3. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
4. Why does Clark leave signs for the Indians on his trail?
5. What tribe does the Corps hold a meeting with in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather in Chapter 11 affect the Corps?
2. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
3. Why does Lewis worry about the construction of the main boat in Chapter 11?
4. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
5. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
6. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
7. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
8. Why does the Corps find the terrain heavy going in Chapter 12?
9. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
10. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
Essay Topic 2
Compare American Indian culture with white American culture?
1) How do white American culture and American Indian culture clash?
2) What have white American culture and American Indian culture learned from each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Corps want to journey down the Missouri River? Why has the river not been extensively explored before? What are the other rivers' relationships with the Missouri?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)