|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Teton chief?
2. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
3. What does the party reach on July 25th?
4. Where is Meriwether Lewis in this chapter?
5. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
2. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
3. What do the men do when they set up camp on August the 15th?
4. Why do the Captains establish specific appointments for Thompson, Warner and Collins in the opening chapter?
5. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
6. Why does Lewis worry about the construction of the main boat in Chapter 11?
7. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
8. What happens to Private Howard in Chapter 6?
9. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
10. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the importance of the buffalo to the American Indians within the following areas:
2) Everyday life
Essay Topic 2
Examine the history between the American Indian in terms of the following:
1) Allies and enemies
Essay Topic 3
Why does the Corps want to journey down the Missouri River? Why has the river not been extensively explored before? What are the other rivers' relationships with the Missouri?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)