|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
2. What scares the buffalo away from the camp?
3. What can the Corps see from the top of the hill?
4. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
5. Who are planning to attack the Mandan village?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lewis worry about the construction of the main boat in Chapter 11?
2. What decisions does Clark make on November 2?
3. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
4. How does the weather in Chapter 11 affect the Corps?
5. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
6. Why does the Corps find it difficult to get across Musselshell River?
7. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
8. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
9. What does Lewis note about antelope in Chapter 8?
10. How does Captain Lewis help with the delivery of Jean-Baptiste?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the Indian tribes Lewis and Clark encounter and examine its culture within the following areas:
Essay Topic 2
Why was the American President held more highly in regard in the 19th century than he is today? What did the Indians think about having their lives ruled by someone who had nothing to do with their culture?
Essay Topic 3
What leadership qualities do Clark and Lewis have? What kind of relationship do the captains have with other members of the Corps?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)