|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis worry about finding material to make?
2. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
3. What does the party reach on July 25th?
4. Which of the following animals does the party not kill in this chapter?
5. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the captains want to find La Liberte in the second chapter?
2. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
3. What problems does Lewis encounter on his walk in Chapter 10?
4. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
5. How does the weather in Chapter 11 affect the Corps?
6. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
7. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
8. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
9. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
10. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What impact have Lewis and Clark had on modern America? Why were Lewis and Clark specifically asked to lead the expedition? How are Lewis and Clark regarded today?
Essay Topic 2
What was the aim of the expedition? Did the expedition achieve all of its aims? Why was a similar expedition was not held years or even decades earlier?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the animals the Corps encounters in the book and examine it in terms of the following:
3) Survival skills
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)