|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Clark's servant?
2. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
3. Which of the following fish do the men not catch in the river?
4. Who is chosen to replace Sergeant Floyd?
5. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
2. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
3. What do the men do when they set up camp on August the 15th?
4. Describe the journey back home.
5. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
6. What does Lewis note about antelope in Chapter 8?
7. How does Captain Lewis help with the delivery of Jean-Baptiste?
8. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
9. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
10. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
Essay Topic 1
What are the differences between leaders and followers? How can a team work well with a variety of individuals? Do you think the Corps works well together?
Essay Topic 2
What does the buffalo symbolize in American culture? How does the buffalo symbolize different things to the American Indians than it does to the American whites?
Essay Topic 3
What leadership qualities do Clark and Lewis have? What kind of relationship do the captains have with other members of the Corps?
This section contains 1,252 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)