|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
(a) Missouri River
(b) Yellowstone River
(c) Maria's River
(d) Janis' River
2. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
(a) The thigh
(b) The foot
(c) The hip
(d) The back
3. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
4. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(a) New Orleans
(c) New York
(d) St. Louis
5. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Lewis' river
(b) Gallatin's River
(c) Whitman's River
(d) Washington's River
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
2. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
3. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
4. Who does Clark name the tower after?
5. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
2. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
3. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
4. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
5. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
6. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
7. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
8. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
9. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
10. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)