|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
(a) A wedding
(b) A battle between two tribes
(c) The corpse of a shark
(d) The corpse of a whale
2. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
3. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
(b) A lake
(c) The Rockys
(d) A Mandan village
4. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
5. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
(a) The back
(b) The thigh
(c) The foot
(d) The hip
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
2. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
3. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
4. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
5. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
2. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
3. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
4. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
5. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
6. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
7. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
8. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
9. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
10. Describe the journey back home.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)