|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
2. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
3. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
(a) President Lincoln
(b) President Washington
(c) President Truman
(d) President Jefferson
4. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) His mother
(b) Sacagawea's baby
(c) Lewis' son
(d) His son
5. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
2. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
3. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
4. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
5. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
2. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
3. Describe the journey back home.
4. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
5. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
6. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
7. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
8. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
9. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
10. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)