|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
(a) A Mandan village
(b) The Rockys
(d) A lake
2. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
(b) Gun shots
(d) Grizly bears
3. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
(a) July Tower
(b) Lube Tower
(c) Lewis' Tower
(d) Pompy's Tower
4. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) A piece of wood
(b) His gun
(c) A spear
(d) His knife
5. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
(a) Beaver's Head
(d) Badger's Head
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
2. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
3. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
4. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
5. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
2. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
3. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
4. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
5. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
6. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
7. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
8. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
9. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
10. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)