|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
2. How does the Corps communicate with the Indians in this chapter?
(c) Sign language
(d) Through an interpreter
3. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
4. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
5. What threatens to break the canoes?
(b) Grizzly bears
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
2. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
3. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
4. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
5. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
2. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
3. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
4. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
5. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
6. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
7. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
8. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
9. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
10. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)