|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Gass and Shields
(b) Clark and Drouillard
(c) Gass and Jones
(d) Shields and Drouillard
2. What does the Corps use dogs for?
3. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
4. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
(a) River of Hope
(b) Kooskooskee River
(c) Jackson River
(d) Mississippi River
5. What are the rivers divided by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis use to signal his peaceful intentions to the man on the horse?
2. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
3. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
4. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
5. Who does Clark name the tower after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
2. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
3. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
4. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
5. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
6. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
7. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
8. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
9. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
10. Describe the journey back home.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)