|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
2. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
3. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
(a) His knife
(b) His hat
(c) His gun
(d) His sword
4. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
(b) Badger's Head
(d) Beaver's Head
5. Which of following is not an Indian language?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
2. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
3. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
4. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
5. What causes the the camp to feel great joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
2. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
3. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
4. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
5. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
6. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
7. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
8. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
9. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
10. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)