|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
2. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Shields and Drouillard
(b) Clark and Drouillard
(c) Gass and Jones
(d) Gass and Shields
3. Why does Clark say the Teton Sioux Indians will not be tolerated around the camp?
(a) They are violent
(b) They will steal
(c) They did not listen to their counsel
(d) They did not trade with them
4. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
5. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
(a) Buffalo steak
(b) Soup and bread
(d) Ice cream
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
2. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
3. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
4. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
5. Which of following is not an Indian language?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
2. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
3. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
4. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
5. Describe the journey back home.
6. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
7. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
8. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
9. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
10. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)