|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
2. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
3. What does the Corps use dogs for?
4. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
5. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
(a) His gun
(b) His knife
(c) His sword
(d) His hat
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
2. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
3. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
4. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
5. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
2. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
3. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
4. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
5. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
6. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
7. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
8. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
9. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
10. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)