|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Clark and Drouillard
(b) Shields and Drouillard
(c) Gass and Jones
(d) Gass and Shields
2. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(d) Each other
3. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(b) Turn his head
(c) Tie his laces
(d) Ride a horse
4. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) A spear
(b) His knife
(c) A piece of wood
(d) His gun
5. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A lake
(b) A stream
(c) A hot spring
(d) A bath
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
2. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
3. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
4. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
5. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
2. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
3. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
4. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
5. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
6. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
7. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
8. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
9. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
10. Describe the journey back home.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)