|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Gass and Jones
(b) Clark and Drouillard
(c) Shields and Drouillard
(d) Gass and Shields
2. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
3. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
(a) Pompy's Tower
(b) Lewis' Tower
(c) Lube Tower
(d) July Tower
4. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A stream
(b) A hot spring
(c) A bath
(d) A lake
5. How does the Corps communicate with the Indians in this chapter?
(a) Through an interpreter
(d) Sign language
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
2. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
3. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
4. Where does Lewis shoot one of the Indians?
5. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
2. Describe the journey back home.
3. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
4. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
5. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
6. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
7. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
8. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
9. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
10. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)