|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
(a) Gun shots
(b) Grizly bears
2. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
(a) Plastic bags
(b) Seal skin
(c) Beaver skin
(d) Buffalo skin
3. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
(a) Joseph Graveline
(b) Charles Floyd
(c) President Jefferson
(d) Black Buffalo
4. What does Lewis use to signal his peaceful intentions to the man on the horse?
(a) A stick
(b) A flag
(c) A gun
(d) A blanket
5. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps use dogs for?
2. Who does Clark name the tower after?
3. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
4. What are the rivers divided by?
5. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
2. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
3. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
4. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
5. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
6. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
7. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
8. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
9. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
10. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)