|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the rivers divided by?
2. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
3. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) His knife
(b) A spear
(c) His gun
(d) A piece of wood
4. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
5. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(a) New York
(c) New Orleans
(d) St. Louis
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
2. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
3. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
4. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
5. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
2. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
3. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
4. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
5. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
6. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
7. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
8. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
9. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
10. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)