|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(d) Each other
2. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
3. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
(a) A lake
(c) A Mandan village
(d) The Rockys
4. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A book
(b) A knife
(c) A blanket
(d) A gun
5. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) His gun
(b) A piece of wood
(c) A spear
(d) His knife
Short Answer Questions
1. What mountain can Clark see on the horizon in this chapter?
2. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
3. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
4. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
5. What are the rivers divided by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
2. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
3. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
4. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
5. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
6. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
7. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
8. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
9. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
10. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)