|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
(a) Seal skin
(b) Buffalo skin
(c) Plastic bags
(d) Beaver skin
2. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
(a) His gun
(b) His knife
(c) His hat
(d) His sword
3. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
(a) Their hooves are sore
(b) They are depressed
(c) They are starving
(d) They are suffering from sleep deprivation
4. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
(a) Yellowstone River
(b) Janis' River
(c) Missouri River
(d) Maria's River
5. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(b) St. Louis
(c) New York
(d) New Orleans
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
2. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
3. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
4. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
5. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
2. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
3. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
4. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
5. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
6. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
7. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
8. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
9. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
10. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)