|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(b) Turn his head
(c) Tie his laces
(d) Ride a horse
2. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
3. Which member of the Corps do the Indians attack?
4. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(a) New York
(b) New Orleans
(d) St. Louis
5. What are the rivers divided by?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
2. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
3. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
4. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
5. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
2. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
3. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
4. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
5. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
6. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
7. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
8. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
9. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
10. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)