|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A gun
(b) A knife
(c) A book
(d) A blanket
2. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
3. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
4. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
5. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
2. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
3. Which of following is not an Indian language?
4. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
5. What causes the the camp to feel great joy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
2. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
3. Describe the journey back home.
4. How does Sacagawea surprise Lewis in Chapter 13?
5. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
6. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
7. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
8. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
9. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
10. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)