|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
2. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Whitman's River
(b) Lewis' river
(c) Gallatin's River
(d) Washington's River
3. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(d) Each other
4. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A bath
(b) A stream
(c) A lake
(d) A hot spring
5. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
(d) Sitting Horse
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
2. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
3. What are the rivers divided by?
4. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
5. What Indians does the Corps meet in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
2. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
3. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
4. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
5. What does Clark do on April the 2nd in Chapter 19?
6. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
7. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
8. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
9. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
10. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)