|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A list of the Corps names
(b) A flag
(c) A map of their journey
(d) A bible
2. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
3. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(b) Each other
4. What does Lewis use to signal his peaceful intentions to the man on the horse?
(a) A stick
(b) A flag
(c) A blanket
(d) A gun
5. Which of following is not an Indian language?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
2. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
3. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
4. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
5. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
2. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
3. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
4. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
5. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
6. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
7. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
8. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
9. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
10. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)