|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountain can Clark see on the horizon in this chapter?
(a) Mt. Dee
(b) Mt. Form
(c) Mt. Hood
(d) Mt. Johnson
2. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
3. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
4. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(a) Guns and horses
5. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
(b) Ice cream
(c) Buffalo steak
(d) Soup and bread
Short Answer Questions
1. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
2. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
3. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
4. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
5. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
2. How do the captains divide the party on July the 1st in Chapter 22?
3. Describe the visit to the Indian village in Chapter 15.
4. How do the men spend their time at Fort Clapsop?
5. Describe the problems the party has have with Indians in Chapter 22.
6. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
7. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
8. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
9. Why does the Corps feel such great joy in Chapter 17 when it reaches the ocean?
10. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)