|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Teton tribe does the Corps take with them?
(b) Golden Gopher
(c) Pink Salmon
(d) Black Buffalo
2. What tribe does the Corps hold a meeting with in this chapter?
(b) Yakto Sioux
3. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
(a) An American flag
(b) A dead chicken
(d) A cross
4. What is the name of the Teton chief?
(a) Sitting Bull
(b) Black Buffalo
(d) Colin the Coyote
5. What is the rattle mixed with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charbonneau's youngest wife?
2. What is the name of the Corps' hunter?
3. What is the Indian women's canoe made from?
4. What is the name of the veteran trader who joins their party?
5. What material do the men use to build huts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Captains need to punish three members of the team in the opening chapter?
2. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
3. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
4. What happens to Private Howard in Chapter 6?
5. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
6. Why does Lewis worry about the construction of the main boat in Chapter 11?
7. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
8. Why do the Captains establish specific appointments for Thompson, Warner and Collins in the opening chapter?
9. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
10. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)