|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean Valle operate from his house?
(a) A post office
(b) A grocery store
(c) A trading post
(d) A bar
2. What is the name of the experienced waterman within the Corps?
(b) Captain Lewis
3. What does Sacagawea call her child?
(b) White Goat
(c) Crying Coyote
4. What does the Corps find on the shore of the Poncha River?
(b) An empty village
(c) Starving people
(d) Buffalo carcasses
5. What do most of the men like about the Mandan village?
(a) The food is great
(b) It is very comfortable
(c) The women are attractive
(d) It is near shops
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares the buffalo away from the camp?
2. Who does the Corps hire as an interpreter in this chapter?
3. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
4. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
5. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men do when they set up camp on August the 15th?
2. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
3. What decisions does Clark make on November 2?
4. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
5. Why does Lewis worry about the construction of the main boat in Chapter 11?
6. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
7. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
8. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
9. What problems does Lewis encounter on his walk in Chapter 10?
10. What happens to Private Howard in Chapter 6?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)