|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does the Corps catch alive in this chapter?
(c) Grizzly bear
2. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
(a) The breeze
(b) Burning oid
(c) Bad body odour
3. What is the name of the veteran trader who joins their party?
(a) John Goad
(b) Serge Mercault
(c) David Gordon
(d) Pierre Doiron
4. Why does Lewis decide to walk along the shore?
(a) To allow more space on the boats
(b) To view the wildlife
(c) To get in shape
(d) To hunt
5. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
(d) Candle wax
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal almost jumps on Clark?
2. What is the name of the man who is spreading false rumors in this chapter?
3. What tribe does the Corps hold a meeting with in this chapter?
4. Which character acts as a doctor for the Corps?
5. What animal swims across the river in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
2. Why does the Corps find the terrain heavy going in Chapter 12?
3. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
4. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
5. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
6. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
7. What does Clark tell the Pawnee and Teton tribes in Chapter 24?
8. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
9. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
10. What does Lewis note about antelope in Chapter 8?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)