|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
(b) Mandan City
(c) Toy Town
(d) Dodge City
2. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch in this chapter?
(a) White catfish
3. Whose protection does the captain say a warring nation will lose?
(a) The President
(b) The UN
(c) The buffalos
4. What is the rattle mixed with?
5. What covers the ground and makes their progress difficult in this chapter?
(a) Prickly pears
(b) Dead buffalo
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis put on the canoes to show the Indians they are not enemies?
2. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
3. What do the people who don't take part in the majority of the celebration do on Christmas Day?
4. What is the Indian women's canoe made from?
5. Which of the following fish do the men not catch in the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
2. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
3. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
4. Why does the Corps find the terrain heavy going in Chapter 12?
5. Why does Lewis worry about the construction of the main boat in Chapter 11?
6. Why do the Captains need to punish three members of the team in the opening chapter?
7. What decisions does Clark make on November 2?
8. What problems does Lewis encounter on his walk in Chapter 10?
9. What does Lewis note about antelope in Chapter 8?
10. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)