|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
2. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Christmas Day
(b) Independence Day
(d) Easter Sunday
3. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Knock on the gate
(b) Steals a key
(c) Scales the wall
(d) Tunnels under the wall
4. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
(a) Mandan City
(c) Toy Town
(d) Dodge City
5. What kind of animal starts to roam near the camp?
(a) Sabre tooth tigers
(c) Grizzly bears
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
2. What does Sacagawea call her child?
3. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
4. What kind of food does Sacawagea gather for the Corps?
5. What two animals does Valle say live in the Black Mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
2. How does Captain Lewis help with the delivery of Jean-Baptiste?
3. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
4. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
5. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
6. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
7. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
8. How does the weather in Chapter 11 affect the Corps?
9. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
10. Why do the Captains establish specific appointments for Thompson, Warner and Collins in the opening chapter?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)