Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
(a) Each other
(b) Their guns
(c) A squaw
(d) Their knives
2. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
(b) Grizzly bears
3. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
4. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
(a) Bad body odour
(c) Burning oid
(d) The breeze
5. What does the scouting party have to find up the southern fork of the river?
(a) A mound
(b) A waterfall
(c) A graveyard
(d) A monument
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank is Richard Warfington?
2. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
3. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
4. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
5. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
2. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
3. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
4. Why do the captains want to find La Liberte in the second chapter?
5. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
6. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
7. Describe the meeting that takes place between the captains and the Yankton Siuox on August 30th.
8. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
9. How does Yellept help the Corps in Chapter 20?
10. What problems do the men endure as they make their way across the Bitterroot Mountains?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)