|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rattle mixed with?
2. What material do the men use to build huts?
(c) Buffalo skin
3. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
(a) Small pox
(b) A hangover
(c) Cobalt poisoning
(d) A cold
4. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Richard Warfington
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) Joseph Gravelines
5. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
(a) John Collins
(b) Thomas Jefferon
(c) Captain Clark
(d) Captain Lewis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis put on the canoes to show the Indians they are not enemies?
2. Why does Clark leave signs for the Indians on his trail?
3. Where is Meriwether Lewis in this chapter?
4. What kind of animal almost jumps on Clark?
5. What is the name of the Corps' hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
2. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
3. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
4. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
5. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
6. How does the horseman act strangely in Chapter 14?
7. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
8. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
9. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
10. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)