|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal swims across the river in this chapter?
(a) A coyote
(b) A grizzly bear
(c) A wolf
(d) A buffalo
2. What do the Teton and Yankton Sioux say they will kill if they stand in their way?
(a) White men
(b) Grizzly bears
3. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
4. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Gordon's River
(b) Washington River
(c) Musselshell River
(d) Maria's River
5. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Scales the wall
(b) Steals a key
(c) Knock on the gate
(d) Tunnels under the wall
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the army camp that Captain William Clarke leaves on May 13, 1804?
2. What was Blackbird killed by?
3. Who does the man who visits two days before Christmas want to make peace with?
4. Who does the Corps leave with the tribe?
5. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
Short Essay Questions
1. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
2. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
3. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
4. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
5. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
6. What problems do the men have in catching the grizzly in Chapter 8?
7. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
8. What do the men do when they set up camp on August the 15th?
9. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
10. Describe the meeting that takes place between the captains and the Yankton Siuox on August 30th.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)