|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
(a) William Warner
(b) James Horace
(c) Hugh Hall
(d) John Collins
2. Who does LaFrance trade for?
(a) The J.T. Company
(b) The N.W. Company
(c) The Rogets Company
(d) The Yahoo Company
3. What does Clark observe in the distance on July 20th?
4. What do the Teton and Yankton Sioux say they will kill if they stand in their way?
(b) Grizzly bears
(d) White men
5. What do the men name the river near the buffalo carcasses?
(a) The Red River
(b) River Rott
(c) Murder River
(d) Slaughter River
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who gives Lewis detailed information about the Indian tribes?
2. What animal swims across the river in this chapter?
3. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
4. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What material do the men use to build huts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What vow does the party break in Chapter 16?
2. What decisions does Clark make on November 2?
3. Why is the trek across the Bitterroots Mountains so difficult?
4. What does Jean Valle tell the party in the fourth chapter?
5. How do the captains communicate to the Indians in Chapter 16?
6. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
7. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
8. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
9. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
10. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)