|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
(a) William Warner
(b) James Horace
(c) John Collins
(d) Hugh Hall
2. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
(a) John Collins
(b) Captain Clark
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) Thomas Jefferon
3. What does Captain Lewis provide that helps with the birth?
(d) Rattlesnake's rattle
4. Who gives birth in this chapter?
5. What was Blackbird killed by?
(b) Small pox
(c) A bullet wound
(d) A knife wound
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the terrain so difficult in this chapter?
2. Who does the Corps leave with the tribe?
3. Who are planning to attack the Mandan village?
4. What scares the buffalo away from the camp?
5. What kind of animal does the Corps catch alive in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
2. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
3. What problems does the party have getting across the water?
4. What do the captains devise to make their journey across the mountain easier?
5. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
6. Why do the Captains establish specific appointments for Thompson, Warner and Collins in the opening chapter?
7. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
8. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
9. What decisions does Clark make on November 2?
10. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)