|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
(a) St. Charles
(b) St. Frederic
(c) St. Camus
(d) St James
2. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
3. What is Newman's punishment for mutinous expression?
(a) 75 lashes
(b) Electric chair
(d) No food for three days
4. What is the name of Charbonneau's youngest wife?
5. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
(b) Candle wax
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws characters in the morning after it has been smoked by visitors?
2. What does the Corps buy from a trading cargo?
3. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
4. What does Sacagawea call her child?
5. What is the name of the Corps' hunter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather in Chapter 11 affect the Corps?
2. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
3. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
4. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
5. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
6. What do the men do when they set up camp on August the 15th?
7. What problems do the men have in catching the grizzly in Chapter 8?
8. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
9. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
10. What happens to Private Howard in Chapter 6?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)