|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Independence Day
(c) Christmas Day
(d) Easter Sunday
2. What is Hugh Hall and John Collins' punishment?
(a) 50 press ups
(c) Gas chamber
(d) Electric chair
3. What does the Corps find on the shore of the Poncha River?
(a) Buffalo carcasses
(c) An empty village
(d) Starving people
4. Who gives birth in this chapter?
5. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
(c) Candle wax
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of animal almost jumps on Clark?
2. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
3. What is the name of the army camp that Captain William Clarke leaves on May 13, 1804?
4. What is the name of the Maha king?
5. Who is chosen to replace Sergeant Floyd?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
2. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
3. Why do the Captains need to punish three members of the team in the opening chapter?
4. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
5. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
6. Why does Lewis worry about the construction of the main boat in Chapter 11?
7. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
8. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
9. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
10. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)