|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material do the men use to build huts?
(c) Buffalo skin
2. What kind of animal does the Corps catch alive in this chapter?
(c) Grizzly bear
3. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
(b) Mule deer
(d) Grizzly bears
4. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
5. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(b) Easter Sunday
(c) Independence Day
(d) Christmas Day
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the experienced waterman within the Corps?
2. What do the Teton and Yankton Sioux say they will kill if they stand in their way?
3. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
4. How does Clark describe the Mandan village houses?
5. Why do the captains think the Arikaras Indians are not in their village in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
2. Why does the Corps find the terrain heavy going in Chapter 12?
3. What does Lewis note about antelope in Chapter 8?
4. Describe the meeting that takes place between the captains and the Yankton Siuox on August 30th.
5. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
6. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
7. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
8. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
9. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
10. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)