|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clark kill the cougar?
(a) Stabs it
(b) Spears it
(c) Shoots it
(d) Strangles it
2. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
(a) St. Louis
(c) New Orleans
3. Who does the Corps send documentation and specimens to?
(b) The President
(c) The Secretary of State
(d) Their families
4. What does Lewis put on the canoes to show the Indians they are not enemies?
(a) Colored rope
(b) Chicken heads
(c) Buffalo heads
5. What is Newman's punishment for mutinous expression?
(b) No food for three days
(c) Electric chair
(d) 75 lashes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps name the island they discover in this chapter?
2. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
3. What is the name of the man who gives Lewis detailed information about the Indian tribes?
4. What are prairie dogs rumored to live with?
5. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Captains establish specific appointments for Thompson, Warner and Collins in the opening chapter?
2. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
3. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
4. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
5. What do the men do when they set up camp on August the 15th?
6. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
7. What decisions does Clark make on November 2?
8. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
9. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
10. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)