|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of medicine does Lewis give Sacagawea in this chapter?
(b) Cough syrup
2. Who does the man who visits two days before Christmas want to make peace with?
(a) His wife
(b) The Mandan Indians
(c) The officer he thought slept with his wife
3. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Independence Day
(c) Christmas Day
(d) Easter Sunday
4. What is the name of the first creek where the men set up camp?
(a) St. Charles River
(b) Demian River
(c) Osage Women's River
(d) Formby Magic River
5. What does the Corps buy from a trading cargo?
(d) Buffalo grease
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the veteran trader who joins their party?
2. Who is in command of the keelboat?
3. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What is the name of the man who gives Lewis detailed information about the Indian tribes?
5. What do the men name the river near the buffalo carcasses?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
2. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
3. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
4. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
5. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
6. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
7. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
8. Why do the Captains establish specific appointments for Thompson, Warner and Collins in the opening chapter?
9. Why does the Corps find it difficult to get across Musselshell River?
10. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)