|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
(a) A sergeant
(b) An interpreter
(c) A map maker
(d) A scout
2. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
3. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch in this chapter?
(b) White catfish
4. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
(a) A cold
(b) Cobalt poisoning
(c) Small pox
(d) A hangover
5. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
(c) Grizzly bears
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose protection does the captain say a warring nation will lose?
2. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
3. Which member of the Corps dies in this chapter?
4. Who is in command of the keelboat?
5. What material do the men use to build huts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Lewis encounter on his walk in Chapter 10?
2. Why do the captains want to find La Liberte in the second chapter?
3. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
4. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
5. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
6. Why does the Corps find it difficult to get across Musselshell River?
7. What problems do the men have in catching the grizzly in Chapter 8?
8. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
9. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
10. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)