|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Joseph Gravelines
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) Richard Warfington
2. Who does the Corps send documentation and specimens to?
(a) The President
(b) Their families
(c) The Secretary of State
3. What do most of the men like about the Mandan village?
(a) It is very comfortable
(b) The women are attractive
(c) It is near shops
(d) The food is great
4. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
5. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
(d) Grizzly bears
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean Valle operate from his house?
2. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
3. What is the Indian women's canoe made from?
4. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
5. How does Clark describe the Mandan village houses?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Captain Clark do between the 10th and 12th of July?
2. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
3. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
4. What happens to Private Howard in Chapter 6?
5. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
6. What does Lewis note about antelope in Chapter 8?
7. Why do the Captains establish specific appointments for Thompson, Warner and Collins in the opening chapter?
8. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
9. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
10. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)