|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What uses the mound as a refuge?
2. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Steals a key
(b) Knock on the gate
(c) Scales the wall
(d) Tunnels under the wall
3. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
(a) Richard Warfington
(b) Joseph Gravelines
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) Captain Clark
4. What does Lewis put on the canoes to show the Indians they are not enemies?
(a) Buffalo heads
(b) Colored rope
(d) Chicken heads
5. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
(a) The breeze
(b) Burning oid
(d) Bad body odour
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the antelope not very good at?
2. What do the captains give the Indian boys as a present?
3. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
4. Who shows up after 16 days in this chapter?
5. What is the Indian women's canoe made from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men do when they set up camp on August the 15th?
2. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
3. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
4. What problems does the buffalo cause in Chapter 9?
5. Why do the Captains need to punish three members of the team in the opening chapter?
6. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
7. What problems do the men have in catching the grizzly in Chapter 8?
8. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
9. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
10. Describe the meeting that takes place between the captains and the Yankton Siuox on August 30th.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)