|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
(a) John Collins
(b) James Horace
(c) William Warner
(d) Hugh Hall
2. Who is the Great Father the captains talk about?
(a) The French King
(b) The American President
(c) The British King
3. What is the name of the Maha king?
(b) White catfish
(c) Black swan
4. What do the Teton and Yankton Sioux say they will kill if they stand in their way?
(b) White men
(c) Grizzly bears
5. What animal swims across the river in this chapter?
(a) A coyote
(b) A buffalo
(c) A grizzly bear
(d) A wolf
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clark observe in the distance on July 20th?
2. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
3. Who does the Corps send documentation and specimens to?
4. What do most of the men like about the Mandan village?
5. What is the name of the man who is spreading false rumors in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the captains try to persuade the tribes to make peace with each other?
2. What further problems does the party have with Teton Indians in the fourth chapter?
3. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
4. What does Jean Valle tell the party in the fourth chapter?
5. In what what way is the meeting with the Teton Sioux Indians intense?
6. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
7. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
8. How do the captains want to deal with Reed in the second chapter?
9. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
10. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)