|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the terrain so difficult in this chapter?
(a) Muddy conditions
(b) Prickly pears and rocks
(c) Hail storms
(d) Strong winds
2. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
3. Who gives birth in this chapter?
4. What is Hugh Hall and John Collins' punishment?
(b) Gas chamber
(c) 50 press ups
(d) Electric chair
5. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
(a) Thomas Jefferon
(b) Captain Clark
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) John Collins
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Captain Clark protect in this chapter?
2. Who is the Great Father the captains talk about?
3. What tribe does the Corps hold a meeting with in this chapter?
4. What is the name of the Teton chief?
5. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Lewis encounter on his walk in Chapter 10?
2. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
3. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
4. What decision does the Court Martial make on Hugh Hall and John Collins?
5. How does Lewis save the pirogues in Chapter 7?
6. What problems do the men have in catching the grizzly in Chapter 8?
7. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
8. Why does the Corps find it difficult to get across Musselshell River?
9. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
10. How does Captain Lewis help with the delivery of Jean-Baptiste?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)