|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What uses the mound as a refuge?
2. Who does the Corps hire as an interpreter in this chapter?
(a) Roger Tomlinson
(b) Toussaint Charbonneau
(c) Jack Keats
(d) Joseph Gravelines
3. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
4. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
(a) Toy Town
(c) Mandan City
(d) Dodge City
5. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
(a) Grizzly bears
(b) Mule deer
Short Answer Questions
1. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
2. What is the name of the Teton chief?
3. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
4. What is the name of the first creek where the men set up camp?
5. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the weather in Chapter 11 affect the Corps?
2. How does Captain Lewis help with the delivery of Jean-Baptiste?
3. What problems does the buffalo cause in Chapter 9?
4. Why is the Arikaras village empty?
5. What problems does Lewis encounter on his walk in Chapter 10?
6. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
7. What is George Shannon's conditions when he finally shows up again in the third chapter?
8. How does Clark defuse a situation between a husband and wife on November 22nd?
9. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
10. What occurs in the meeting between the captains and the Indian tribes in the second chapter?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)