|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of animal does the Corps catch alive in this chapter?
(a) Grizzly bear
2. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
(a) The Cheyenne River
(b) The Washington River
(c) The Jefferson River
(d) The Coyote River
3. What river is the White Catfish camp located above?
(a) Platte River
(b) Whitman River
(c) Neptune River
(d) Goat River
4. Who shows up after 16 days in this chapter?
(a) Frankie Rogets
(b) James White
(c) George Shannon
(d) Philip Untop
5. What does Clark observe in the distance on July 20th?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Charbonneau's youngest wife?
2. What scares the buffalo away from the camp?
3. What kind of animal starts to roam near the camp?
4. What do the captains give the Indian boys as a present?
5. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the captains name the three forks of the Missouri River?
2. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for his horse?
3. What problems do the men have in catching the grizzly in Chapter 8?
4. What problems do the Wahclellahs Indians cause the party in Chapter 19?
5. How does Clark save the woman in Chapter 18?
6. How does Clark relieve the horses' pain?
7. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
8. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
9. Why does Clark name the sandstone structure Pompy's Tower?
10. How do the Indians greet the party in Chapter 14?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)