|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Gordon's River
(b) Maria's River
(c) Washington River
(d) Musselshell River
2. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
(a) Captain Lewis
(b) Richard Warfington
(c) Joseph Gravelines
(d) Captain Clark
3. How does Clark describe the Mandan village houses?
(a) Beautiful, but impractical
(b) Large and round
(c) Cool and open
(d) Small and square
4. Which member of the Teton tribe does the Corps take with them?
(a) Pink Salmon
(b) Golden Gopher
(d) Black Buffalo
5. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of medicine does Lewis give Sacagawea in this chapter?
2. What are the towropes made from?
3. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
4. What can the Corps see from the top of the hill?
5. Who shows up after 16 days in this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark notice about the mound they climb in the third chapter?
2. What problems do the men have in catching the grizzly in Chapter 8?
3. How does Captain Lewis help with the delivery of Jean-Baptiste?
4. What problems does the buffalo cause in Chapter 9?
5. What happens to Private Howard in Chapter 6?
6. What does Lewis note about antelope in Chapter 8?
7. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
8. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
9. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
10. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)