|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
(a) An interpreter
(b) A sergeant
(c) A map maker
(d) A scout
2. What is the river bottom covered with?
(b) Dead fish
3. What two animals does Valle say live in the Black Mountains?
(a) Frogs and toads
(b) Lions and tigers
(c) Grizzy bears and goats
(d) Coyote and wolves
4. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
(a) The Jefferson River
(b) The Washington River
(c) The Coyote River
(d) The Cheyenne River
5. What is the name of the man who is spreading false rumors in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the veteran trader who joins their party?
2. What is the name of Clark's servant?
3. What is the name of the Corps' hunter?
4. Why does Lewis decide to walk along the shore?
5. Who does the man who visits two days before Christmas want to make peace with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clark note about the Mandan houses in Chapter 5?
2. Why do the Captains establish specific appointments for Thompson, Warner and Collins in the opening chapter?
3. Describe Toussaint Charbonneau and his current life.
4. What do the Indians do when ice appears in the Missouri?
5. Describe the Corps' stay at the Mandan village.
6. How does the party indicate to the Indians they are not their enemies?
7. Why does the Corps find it difficult to get across Musselshell River?
8. How do the captains ensure they are on the right course?
9. What problems does the Teton tribe cause the party in the third chapter?
10. What decisions does Clark make on November 2?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)