|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of following is not an Indian language?
2. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Whitman's River
(b) Gallatin's River
(c) Washington's River
(d) Lewis' river
3. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
(a) Jackson River
(b) Mississippi River
(c) River of Hope
(d) Kooskooskee River
4. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
5. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
(a) Twain's River
(b) Bush's River
(c) Lincoln's River
(d) Madison's River
6. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
7. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
8. What does the Corps use dogs for?
9. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
10. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) Lewis' son
(b) His son
(c) Sacagawea's baby
(d) His mother
11. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
(a) Nomadic Moutains
(b) Jacob's Moutains
(c) Bitterroot Mountains
(d) Echo Mountains
12. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
13. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
(a) Buffalo steak
(b) Soup and bread
(d) Ice cream
14. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
(a) They are starving
(b) They are depressed
(c) They are suffering from sleep deprivation
(d) Their hooves are sore
15. What Indians does the Corps meet in this chapter?
(a) Haha Indians
(b) Panshee Indians
(c) Chinook Indians
(d) Sioux Indians
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
2. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
3. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
4. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
5. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)