|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
2. What threatens to break the canoes?
(d) Grizzly bears
3. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
4. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
(a) He will be robbed
(b) He will use it for bad things
(c) He has no need for money
(d) He has stolen too much
5. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
(a) Dinner time
(b) 10 pm
6. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
7. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(b) Turn his head
(c) Ride a horse
(d) Tie his laces
8. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
9. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Gass and Jones
(b) Clark and Drouillard
(c) Gass and Shields
(d) Shields and Drouillard
10. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
11. What mountain can Clark see on the horizon in this chapter?
(a) Mt. Hood
(b) Mt. Johnson
(c) Mt. Dee
(d) Mt. Form
12. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(a) A canoe
(b) Seamen the dog
13. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
(a) Missouri River
(b) Maria's River
(c) Yellowstone River
(d) Janis' River
14. What are the rivers divided by?
15. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
2. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
3. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
4. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
5. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)