|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of following is not an Indian language?
2. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
(a) The corpse of a whale
(b) A battle between two tribes
(c) The corpse of a shark
(d) A wedding
3. What does Lewis use to signal his peaceful intentions to the man on the horse?
(a) A blanket
(b) A gun
(c) A stick
(d) A flag
4. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(b) New Orleans
(c) St. Louis
(d) New York
5. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
6. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
(a) Freda's River
(b) The Hudson
(c) Maria's River
(d) Columbia River
7. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
(a) The thigh
(b) The hip
(c) The foot
(d) The back
8. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A flag
(b) A bible
(c) A map of their journey
(d) A list of the Corps names
9. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
(a) Charles Floyd
(b) President Jefferson
(c) Black Buffalo
(d) Joseph Graveline
10. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
(b) Soup and bread
(c) Ice cream
(d) Buffalo steak
11. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A gun
(b) A knife
(c) A blanket
(d) A book
12. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
(a) They are starving
(b) They are suffering from sleep deprivation
(c) They are depressed
(d) Their hooves are sore
13. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) His gun
(b) A piece of wood
(c) His knife
(d) A spear
14. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
15. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(b) Guns and horses
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
2. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
3. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
4. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
5. Where does Lewis shoot one of the Indians?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)