|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
(a) Buffalo steak
(b) Ice cream
(c) Soup and bread
2. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
3. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(d) Each other
4. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
(c) Sitting Horse
5. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(a) Guns and horses
6. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(b) A canoe
(c) Seamen the dog
7. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
(a) His gun
(b) His hat
(c) His sword
(d) His knife
8. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A stream
(b) A hot spring
(c) A lake
(d) A bath
9. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
10. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
11. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
12. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
13. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
(a) The foot
(b) The hip
(c) The back
(d) The thigh
14. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) A piece of wood
(b) His gun
(c) His knife
(d) A spear
15. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) Black Buffalo's
(b) President Lincoln's
(c) President Washington's
(d) Charles Floyd's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
2. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
3. Who does Clark name the tower after?
4. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
5. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)