|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Corps communicate with the Indians in this chapter?
(a) Through an interpreter
(b) Sign language
2. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Whitman's River
(b) Washington's River
(c) Lewis' river
(d) Gallatin's River
3. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
4. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
(a) The Rockys
(b) A lake
(d) A Mandan village
5. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(b) Tie his laces
(c) Ride a horse
(d) Turn his head
6. What Indians does the Corps meet in this chapter?
(a) Haha Indians
(b) Panshee Indians
(c) Sioux Indians
(d) Chinook Indians
7. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
8. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
9. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
10. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
11. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) Black Buffalo's
(b) Charles Floyd's
(c) President Washington's
(d) President Lincoln's
12. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A list of the Corps names
(b) A bible
(c) A map of their journey
(d) A flag
13. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
(b) Sitting Horse
14. Where does Lewis shoot one of the Indians?
(a) The leg
(b) The buttocks
(c) The head
(d) The belly
15. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
(a) Lincoln's River
(b) Twain's River
(c) Bush's River
(d) Madison's River
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
2. Where does Potts injure himself?
3. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
4. Which member of the Corps do the Indians attack?
5. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)