|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
(a) Kooskooskee River
(b) River of Hope
(c) Mississippi River
(d) Jackson River
2. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
3. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
4. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
5. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
(a) Madison's River
(b) Twain's River
(c) Bush's River
(d) Lincoln's River
6. What threatens to break the canoes?
(d) Grizzly bears
7. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
(b) Beaver's Head
(c) Badger's Head
8. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
9. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) President Washington's
(b) Black Buffalo's
(c) Charles Floyd's
(d) President Lincoln's
10. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
11. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Shoshone Indians?
12. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
(a) The corpse of a whale
(b) The corpse of a shark
(c) A wedding
(d) A battle between two tribes
13. What do the men buy from the Indians in this chapter?
14. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) His knife
(b) A spear
(c) A piece of wood
(d) His gun
15. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(a) New York
(c) New Orleans
(d) St. Louis
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clark say the Teton Sioux Indians will not be tolerated around the camp?
2. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
3. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
4. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
5. Who does Clark name the tower after?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)