|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
2. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
(a) President Jefferson
(b) President Washington
(c) President Truman
(d) President Lincoln
3. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
4. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
5. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
6. What threatens to break the canoes?
(d) Grizzly bears
7. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
8. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
(a) Freda's River
(b) The Hudson
(c) Maria's River
(d) Columbia River
9. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) President Lincoln's
(b) President Washington's
(c) Charles Floyd's
(d) Black Buffalo's
10. What Indians does the Corps meet in this chapter?
(a) Haha Indians
(b) Panshee Indians
(c) Chinook Indians
(d) Sioux Indians
11. Which member of the Corps do the Indians attack?
12. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) A piece of wood
(b) His knife
(c) His gun
(d) A spear
13. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A map of their journey
(b) A list of the Corps names
(c) A bible
(d) A flag
14. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Whitman's River
(b) Lewis' river
(c) Gallatin's River
(d) Washington's River
15. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
(a) Dinner time
(b) 10 pm
Short Answer Questions
1. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
2. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
3. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
4. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
5. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)