|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
2. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
(a) Lincoln's River
(b) Whitman's River
(c) Washington's River
(d) Jefferson's River
3. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) His mother
(b) Lewis' son
(c) His son
(d) Sacagawea's baby
4. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
(a) Freda's River
(b) Columbia River
(c) Maria's River
(d) The Hudson
5. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) A spear
(b) A piece of wood
(c) His gun
(d) His knife
6. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
(a) His hat
(b) His sword
(c) His knife
(d) His gun
7. What does the Corps use dogs for?
8. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(b) A canoe
(d) Seamen the dog
9. What threatens to break the canoes?
(a) Grizzly bears
10. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
(a) Lewis' Tower
(b) July Tower
(c) Lube Tower
(d) Pompy's Tower
11. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
12. What does Lewis use to signal his peaceful intentions to the man on the horse?
(a) A blanket
(b) A gun
(c) A stick
(d) A flag
13. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(a) Ride a horse
(c) Turn his head
(d) Tie his laces
14. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
(a) Secretary of Treasury
(b) Vice President
(c) Secretary of State
15. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(a) Guns and horses
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
2. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
3. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
4. Which of following is not an Indian language?
5. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)