|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A hot spring
(b) A lake
(c) A bath
(d) A stream
2. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
3. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A bible
(b) A list of the Corps names
(c) A map of their journey
(d) A flag
4. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
(a) Clearwater River
(b) Gordon's River
(c) Missouri River
(d) Mississippi River
5. What threatens to break the canoes?
(a) Grizzly bears
6. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
(a) His sword
(b) His hat
(c) His gun
(d) His knife
7. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(a) Guns and horses
8. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
(a) Buffalo steak
(b) Ice cream
(d) Soup and bread
9. Where does Potts injure himself?
(a) His thigh
(b) His cheek
(c) His hand
(d) His foot
10. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Shields and Drouillard
(b) Gass and Jones
(c) Clark and Drouillard
(d) Gass and Shields
11. Which member of the Corps do the Indians attack?
12. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
(a) Their hooves are sore
(b) They are starving
(c) They are depressed
(d) They are suffering from sleep deprivation
13. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
(a) Grizly bears
(b) Gun shots
14. Why does Clark say the Teton Sioux Indians will not be tolerated around the camp?
(a) They did not listen to their counsel
(b) They will steal
(c) They are violent
(d) They did not trade with them
15. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clark name the tower after?
2. Where does Lewis shoot one of the Indians?
3. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
4. What mountain can Clark see on the horizon in this chapter?
5. What Indians does the Corps meet in this chapter?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)