|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A hot spring
(b) A lake
(c) A stream
(d) A bath
2. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(a) Guns and horses
3. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
4. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
5. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A gun
(b) A knife
(c) A blanket
(d) A book
6. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
(a) A Mandan village
(b) The Rockys
(c) A lake
7. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
(a) Secretary of State
(c) Vice President
(d) Secretary of Treasury
8. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
9. What mountain can Clark see on the horizon in this chapter?
(a) Mt. Form
(b) Mt. Dee
(c) Mt. Hood
(d) Mt. Johnson
10. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
(a) He has stolen too much
(b) He will be robbed
(c) He will use it for bad things
(d) He has no need for money
11. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
12. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
(a) Maria's River
(b) Yellowstone River
(c) Janis' River
(d) Missouri River
13. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(a) Seamen the dog
(d) A canoe
14. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
15. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of following is not an Indian language?
2. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
3. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
4. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
5. What does the Corps use dogs for?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)