|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
2. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
3. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
(a) President Lincoln
(b) President Truman
(c) President Jefferson
(d) President Washington
4. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
(b) Gun shots
(c) Grizly bears
5. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
6. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
(a) Freda's River
(b) Columbia River
(c) Maria's River
(d) The Hudson
7. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(a) St. Louis
(c) New York
(d) New Orleans
8. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
9. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
10. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A knife
(b) A blanket
(c) A gun
(d) A book
11. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Washington's River
(b) Gallatin's River
(c) Whitman's River
(d) Lewis' river
12. What do the men buy from the Indians in this chapter?
13. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
14. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(a) Seamen the dog
(d) A canoe
15. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
(a) Mississippi River
(b) River of Hope
(c) Jackson River
(d) Kooskooskee River
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
2. What are the rivers divided by?
3. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
4. Which of following is not an Indian language?
5. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)