|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
(a) Seal skin
(b) Plastic bags
(c) Buffalo skin
(d) Beaver skin
2. What threatens to break the canoes?
(a) Grizzly bears
3. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
(a) Clearwater River
(b) Missouri River
(c) Mississippi River
(d) Gordon's River
4. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(c) Guns and horses
5. What do the men buy from the Indians in this chapter?
6. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
7. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
(a) Vice President
(c) Secretary of Treasury
(d) Secretary of State
8. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
9. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
(a) President Washington
(b) President Lincoln
(c) President Jefferson
(d) President Truman
10. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
11. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
12. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Shoshone Indians?
13. What mountain can Clark see on the horizon in this chapter?
(a) Mt. Dee
(b) Mt. Form
(c) Mt. Hood
(d) Mt. Johnson
14. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
15. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
(a) Fort Jefferson
(b) Fort Caltsop
(c) Fort Sioux
(d) Fort Lewis
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis use to signal his peaceful intentions to the man on the horse?
2. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
3. Which member of the Corps do the Indians attack?
4. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
5. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)