|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of the Corps do the Indians attack?
2. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
3. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) Sacagawea's baby
(b) His son
(c) Lewis' son
(d) His mother
4. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
(a) His hat
(b) His gun
(c) His sword
(d) His knife
5. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
(a) Charles Floyd
(b) President Jefferson
(c) Joseph Graveline
(d) Black Buffalo
6. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A list of the Corps names
(b) A flag
(c) A bible
(d) A map of their journey
7. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
(a) Fort Jefferson
(b) Fort Caltsop
(c) Fort Lewis
(d) Fort Sioux
8. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(b) A canoe
(c) Seamen the dog
9. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
(a) Maria's River
(b) Freda's River
(c) The Hudson
(d) Columbia River
10. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
11. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A bath
(b) A lake
(c) A hot spring
(d) A stream
12. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
13. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
(a) The corpse of a whale
(b) A wedding
(c) A battle between two tribes
(d) The corpse of a shark
14. What are the rivers divided by?
15. What do the men buy from the Indians in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
2. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
3. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
4. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
5. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)