|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
(c) Beaver's Head
(d) Badger's Head
2. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Gass and Shields
(b) Gass and Jones
(c) Clark and Drouillard
(d) Shields and Drouillard
3. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
4. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A bible
(b) A list of the Corps names
(c) A flag
(d) A map of their journey
5. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A hot spring
(b) A stream
(c) A lake
(d) A bath
6. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(a) Turn his head
(b) Tie his laces
(c) Ride a horse
7. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
8. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
9. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
10. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
11. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
(a) They are depressed
(b) Their hooves are sore
(c) They are starving
(d) They are suffering from sleep deprivation
12. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
(c) Dinner time
(d) 10 pm
13. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(a) Each other
14. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
15. What does the Corps use dogs for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis use to signal his peaceful intentions to the man on the horse?
2. What are the rivers divided by?
3. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
4. What do the men buy from the Indians in this chapter?
5. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)