|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
2. What do the men buy from the Indians in this chapter?
3. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
4. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(d) Guns and horses
5. Why does Clark say the Teton Sioux Indians will not be tolerated around the camp?
(a) They did not trade with them
(b) They are violent
(c) They did not listen to their counsel
(d) They will steal
6. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
(a) He will use it for bad things
(b) He will be robbed
(c) He has no need for money
(d) He has stolen too much
7. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
8. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
(a) Nomadic Moutains
(b) Jacob's Moutains
(c) Echo Mountains
(d) Bitterroot Mountains
9. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
(a) Gordon's River
(b) Missouri River
(c) Clearwater River
(d) Mississippi River
10. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
(a) Fort Jefferson
(b) Fort Sioux
(c) Fort Caltsop
(d) Fort Lewis
11. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
12. What does Clark give Yellept in exchange for a horse?
(a) His gun
(b) His sword
(c) His hat
(d) His knife
13. What causes the the camp to feel great joy?
(a) Comfortable beds
(b) A ten hour sleep
(c) The sight of the ocean
(d) A traveling clown
14. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A knife
(b) A book
(c) A gun
(d) A blanket
15. Where does Lewis shoot one of the Indians?
(a) The buttocks
(b) The head
(c) The belly
(d) The leg
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
2. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
3. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
4. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Shoshone Indians?
5. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)