|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
(a) Columbia River
(b) The Hudson
(c) Maria's River
(d) Freda's River
2. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Whitman's River
(b) Gallatin's River
(c) Lewis' river
(d) Washington's River
3. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(a) Guns and horses
4. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
(b) Dinner time
(d) 10 pm
5. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(a) Ride a horse
(c) Turn his head
(d) Tie his laces
6. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
7. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
8. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
9. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A bible
(b) A list of the Corps names
(c) A flag
(d) A map of their journey
10. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
11. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
12. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) Lewis' son
(b) Sacagawea's baby
(c) His son
(d) His mother
13. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A blanket
(b) A book
(c) A gun
(d) A knife
14. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) Black Buffalo's
(b) Charles Floyd's
(c) President Lincoln's
(d) President Washington's
15. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
(b) Vice President
(c) Secretary of Treasury
(d) Secretary of State
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
2. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
3. What causes the the camp to feel great joy?
4. Why does Clark say the Teton Sioux Indians will not be tolerated around the camp?
5. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)