|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
(a) Lincoln's River
(b) Jefferson's River
(c) Washington's River
(d) Whitman's River
2. Why does Clark say the Teton Sioux Indians will not be tolerated around the camp?
(a) They are violent
(b) They did not listen to their counsel
(c) They did not trade with them
(d) They will steal
3. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
4. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) President Washington's
(b) Black Buffalo's
(c) President Lincoln's
(d) Charles Floyd's
5. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A blanket
(b) A gun
(c) A book
(d) A knife
6. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
(a) President Jefferson
(b) President Truman
(c) President Lincoln
(d) President Washington
7. Whose advice does Clark follow in this chapter?
8. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Gass and Shields
(b) Clark and Drouillard
(c) Gass and Jones
(d) Shields and Drouillard
9. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
(a) Charles Floyd
(b) Joseph Graveline
(c) Black Buffalo
(d) President Jefferson
10. Which member of the Corps do the Indians attack?
11. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(b) Ride a horse
(c) Tie his laces
(d) Turn his head
12. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
13. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
14. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
15. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
2. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
3. What do the men buy from the Indians in this chapter?
4. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
5. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)