|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
(a) Maria's River
(b) Missouri River
(c) Janis' River
(d) Yellowstone River
2. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
(a) Nomadic Moutains
(b) Bitterroot Mountains
(c) Jacob's Moutains
(d) Echo Mountains
3. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
(a) Lincoln's River
(b) Whitman's River
(c) Washington's River
(d) Jefferson's River
4. What do the Indians give the Corps to eat in the Nez Perces camp?
(a) Buffalo steak
(b) Ice cream
(d) Soup and bread
5. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
(a) President Washington
(b) President Lincoln
(c) President Jefferson
(d) President Truman
6. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
7. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(d) Each other
8. What Indians does the Corps meet in this chapter?
(a) Sioux Indians
(b) Chinook Indians
(c) Panshee Indians
(d) Haha Indians
9. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A stream
(b) A bath
(c) A lake
(d) A hot spring
10. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
(a) The Rockys
(b) A Mandan village
(c) A lake
11. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) His son
(b) Sacagawea's baby
(c) Lewis' son
(d) His mother
12. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) His gun
(b) A spear
(c) A piece of wood
(d) His knife
13. What mountain can Clark see on the horizon in this chapter?
(a) Mt. Dee
(b) Mt. Form
(c) Mt. Hood
(d) Mt. Johnson
14. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(a) St. Louis
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York
15. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river does Lewis explore in this chapter?
2. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
3. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
4. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
5. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)