|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
2. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) His son
(b) Sacagawea's baby
(c) His mother
(d) Lewis' son
3. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
4. Which of the following characters does not go with Lewis to the ocean?
5. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
6. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
(a) They are starving
(b) Their hooves are sore
(c) They are depressed
(d) They are suffering from sleep deprivation
7. Which of following is not an Indian language?
8. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A gun
(b) A blanket
(c) A knife
(d) A book
9. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
(a) The foot
(b) The hip
(c) The thigh
(d) The back
10. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
11. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
(a) Missouri River
(b) Yellowstone River
(c) Maria's River
(d) Janis' River
12. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
(b) Sitting Horse
13. What does the Corps use dogs for?
14. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
(a) Fort Caltsop
(b) Fort Lewis
(c) Fort Jefferson
(d) Fort Sioux
15. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
(a) Jackson River
(b) River of Hope
(c) Mississippi River
(d) Kooskooskee River
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Corps communicate with the Indians in this chapter?
2. Where does Potts injure himself?
3. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
4. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
5. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)