|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the the camp to feel great joy?
(a) Comfortable beds
(b) A ten hour sleep
(c) The sight of the ocean
(d) A traveling clown
2. What does the Corps avoid to quicken its pace?
3. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
(a) The back
(b) The thigh
(c) The foot
(d) The hip
4. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
5. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
(a) He has no need for money
(b) He will be robbed
(c) He has stolen too much
(d) He will use it for bad things
6. What does Private Potts injure himself with?
(a) A spear
(b) A piece of wood
(c) His knife
(d) His gun
7. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
(a) Janis' River
(b) Yellowstone River
(c) Maria's River
(d) Missouri River
8. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A hot spring
(b) A stream
(c) A lake
(d) A bath
9. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
10. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
(a) Plastic bags
(b) Beaver skin
(c) Seal skin
(d) Buffalo skin
11. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A flag
(b) A bible
(c) A list of the Corps names
(d) A map of their journey
12. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(a) Seamen the dog
(b) A canoe
13. What prevents the men from sleeping in this chapter?
(b) Grizly bears
(d) Gun shots
14. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A gun
(b) A book
(c) A blanket
(d) A knife
15. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clark say the Teton Sioux Indians will not be tolerated around the camp?
2. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
3. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
4. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
5. Which European language can the Indians communicate in?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)