|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
2. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
3. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(b) Seamen the dog
(c) A canoe
4. What Indians does the Corps meet in this chapter?
(a) Panshee Indians
(b) Haha Indians
(c) Sioux Indians
(d) Chinook Indians
5. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A lake
(b) A hot spring
(c) A bath
(d) A stream
6. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
7. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
(a) President Jefferson
(b) Joseph Graveline
(c) Black Buffalo
(d) Charles Floyd
8. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
(a) Bush's River
(b) Twain's River
(c) Madison's River
(d) Lincoln's River
9. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
(a) They are starving
(b) They are depressed
(c) Their hooves are sore
(d) They are suffering from sleep deprivation
10. What does Clark name the sandstone structure?
(a) Pompy's Tower
(b) Lewis' Tower
(c) July Tower
(d) Lube Tower
11. What does Lewis use to signal his peaceful intentions to the man on the horse?
(a) A flag
(b) A stick
(c) A gun
(d) A blanket
12. What are the rivers divided by?
13. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) President Washington's
(b) President Lincoln's
(c) Charles Floyd's
(d) Black Buffalo's
14. How does the Corps communicate with the Indians in this chapter?
(a) Through an interpreter
(b) Sign language
15. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
2. Which member of the Corps do the Indians attack?
3. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
4. Whose birthday is it in this chapter?
5. Which of the Indians is Sacagawea's brother?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)