|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What threatens to break the canoes?
(c) Grizzly bears
2. What river does Clark explore in this chapter?
(a) Missouri River
(b) Yellowstone River
(c) Janis' River
(d) Maria's River
3. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A flag
(b) A bible
(c) A list of the Corps names
(d) A map of their journey
4. What does the Corps name the middle fork?
(a) Bush's River
(b) Twain's River
(c) Madison's River
(d) Lincoln's River
5. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(a) Each other
6. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
7. What does the Corps have to eat in this chapter?
8. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) His son
(b) Lewis' son
(c) Sacagawea's baby
(d) His mother
9. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
(a) Charles Floyd
(b) Joseph Graveline
(c) Black Buffalo
(d) President Jefferson
10. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(a) New Orleans
(b) St. Louis
(c) New York
11. What was Albert Gallatin's job with the government?
(b) Secretary of Treasury
(c) Vice President
(d) Secretary of State
12. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
(b) Sitting Horse
13. What mountain can Clark see on the horizon in this chapter?
(a) Mt. Johnson
(b) Mt. Dee
(c) Mt. Hood
(d) Mt. Form
14. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Lewis' river
(b) Whitman's River
(c) Washington's River
(d) Gallatin's River
15. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) President Lincoln's
(b) President Washington's
(c) Black Buffalo's
(d) Charles Floyd's
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tumbles down a steep hill with his horse?
2. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
3. Where does Potts injure himself?
4. How does the Corps communicate with the Indians in this chapter?
5. What does the Corps call their fortification in this chapter?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)