|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
2. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(a) Turn his head
(b) Tie his laces
(d) Ride a horse
3. What does Lewis leave behind at Fort Clatsop?
(a) A bible
(b) A map of their journey
(c) A flag
(d) A list of the Corps names
4. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) Lewis' son
(b) His mother
(c) Sacagawea's baby
(d) His son
5. What do the men eat when they run out of food?
(b) Each other
6. Why are the captains advised not to pay their Shoshone guide?
(a) He has stolen too much
(b) He has no need for money
(c) He will use it for bad things
(d) He will be robbed
7. Where does Potts injure himself?
(a) His foot
(b) His hand
(c) His cheek
(d) His thigh
8. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
(a) Their hooves are sore
(b) They are suffering from sleep deprivation
(c) They are starving
(d) They are depressed
9. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Shields and Drouillard
(b) Clark and Drouillard
(c) Gass and Jones
(d) Gass and Shields
10. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
(a) Whitman's River
(b) Jefferson's River
(c) Lincoln's River
(d) Washington's River
11. Whose grave do they visit on the way back home?
(a) President Lincoln's
(b) Charles Floyd's
(c) Black Buffalo's
(d) President Washington's
12. What does the Corps name the eastern fork?
(a) Whitman's River
(b) Lewis' river
(c) Washington's River
(d) Gallatin's River
13. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
(a) Dinner time
(c) 10 pm
14. What is the main chief of the Indian band they meet in this chapter?
(a) Sitting Horse
15. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
(a) A battle between two tribes
(b) A wedding
(c) The corpse of a shark
(d) The corpse of a whale
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
2. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
3. Where is Lewis accidentally shot?
4. What threatens to break the canoes?
5. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)