|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
2. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Clark and Drouillard
(b) Shields and Drouillard
(c) Gass and Shields
(d) Gass and Jones
3. What does the Corps name the Western fork?
(a) Whitman's River
(b) Washington's River
(c) Lincoln's River
(d) Jefferson's River
4. Who was the President of the United States when this book was written?
(a) President Truman
(b) President Washington
(c) President Jefferson
(d) President Lincoln
5. What animal skin do the Indians offer to trade with the Corps?
6. What do three Indians steal from the Corps?
(c) A canoe
(d) Seamen the dog
7. Where does Pryor have to lead the horses to?
(a) A lake
(b) A Mandan village
(c) The Rockys
8. Which of the following words does Lewis use to describe the Wallawallas?
9. Who suffers from a bad cold in this chapter?
10. What Indian tribe gives the party problems in this chapter?
11. What kind of fish is the stream in this chapter rich in?
12. What does Clark say any white man trading with the Pawnees should be?
13. What kind of meat does Clark say he has grown fond of?
14. What is the Kooskooskee River now known as?
(a) Clearwater River
(b) Gordon's River
(c) Missouri River
(d) Mississippi River
15. Who does Clark name the tower after?
(a) Lewis' son
(b) Sacagawea's baby
(c) His mother
(d) His son
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
2. What does Clark make the moccasins from?
3. Where does Potts injure himself?
4. What does the party decide to sell to Indians in this chapter?
5. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)