|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two members of the Corps accompany Lewis to see the man on the horse?
(a) Clark and Drouillard
(b) Shields and Drouillard
(c) Gass and Jones
(d) Gass and Shields
2. Who is the chief of the Wallawalla tribe?
3. What is the name of the Indian tribe they meet in this chapter?
4. Which of following is not an Indian language?
5. When do the natives have to leave the fortification?
(b) 10 pm
(c) Dinner time
6. Who suffers from a bad cold in this chapter?
7. What is Lewis unable to do because he is feeling so sick?
(a) Turn his head
(b) Tie his laces
(d) Ride a horse
8. What kind of musical instrument does the Corps play at the camp?
9. What city does the Corps head back towards in this chapter?
(b) New York
(c) New Orleans
(d) St. Louis
10. What does the Indian want to steal from Private McNeal in this chapter?
(a) A blanket
(b) A gun
(c) A knife
(d) A book
11. What are the Corps able to bathe in at the end of the chapter?
(a) A bath
(b) A hot spring
(c) A lake
(d) A stream
12. What do the Indians try to steal from the Corps in this chapter?
(d) Guns and horses
13. What does the Corps see on the beach in this chapter?
(a) A battle between two tribes
(b) A wedding
(c) The corpse of a whale
(d) The corpse of a shark
14. Where does the corps camp in this chapter?
(a) Jackson River
(b) Kooskooskee River
(c) River of Hope
(d) Mississippi River
15. How does the Corps communicate with the Indians in this chapter?
(c) Through an interpreter
(d) Sign language
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hill Sacagawea recognizes in this chapter?
2. Why are the horses unable to chase animals for any length of time?
3. Who does the Corps meet on September 12th?
4. Which member of the party is reunited with her relatives in this chapter?
5. What mountains does the party reach in this chapter?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)