|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
2. Which member of the Corps dies in this chapter?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Captain Lewis
(c) George Labiche
(d) Sergeant Floyd
3. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Thomas Jefferon
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) John Collins
4. Which character acts as a doctor for the Corps?
(a) Captain Lewis
(d) Captain Clark
5. What does the scouting party have to find up the southern fork of the river?
(a) A waterfall
(b) A graveyard
(c) A monument
(d) A mound
6. What do the people who don't take part in the majority of the celebration do on Christmas Day?
(a) Go for a walk
(c) Play cards
(d) Play football
7. What does Lewis worry about finding material to make?
(b) A boat
(c) A fort
8. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
(a) James Horace
(b) William Warner
(c) John Collins
(d) Hugh Hall
9. What draws characters in the morning after it has been smoked by visitors?
(a) Medicine stone
(b) Holy pipe
(c) Hope stone
(d) Holy bong
10. What does Lewis put on the canoes to show the Indians they are not enemies?
(b) Buffalo heads
(c) Colored rope
(d) Chicken heads
11. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Tunnels under the wall
(b) Steals a key
(c) Scales the wall
(d) Knock on the gate
12. What is the name of the Teton chief?
(a) Black Buffalo
(c) Colin the Coyote
(d) Sitting Bull
13. What is the name of Clark's servant?
14. What does the Corps name the island they discover in this chapter?
(a) Black Rock Island
(b) Good Hope Island
(c) New World Island
(d) Island of the Americas
15. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
(c) Candle wax
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the antelope not very good at?
2. What animal swims across the river in this chapter?
3. What is the Indian women's canoe made from?
4. Who is chosen to replace Sergeant Floyd?
5. What makes the terrain so difficult in this chapter?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)