|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the man who visits two days before Christmas want to make peace with?
(a) His wife
(b) The Mandan Indians
(c) The officer he thought slept with his wife
2. What do most of the men like about the Mandan village?
(a) It is near shops
(b) The food is great
(c) It is very comfortable
(d) The women are attractive
3. What is the name of the first creek where the men set up camp?
(a) Formby Magic River
(b) Demian River
(c) Osage Women's River
(d) St. Charles River
4. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Gordon's River
(b) Washington River
(c) Maria's River
(d) Musselshell River
5. What is Newman's punishment for mutinous expression?
(a) Electric chair
(b) No food for three days
(d) 75 lashes
6. What does Captain Lewis provide that helps with the birth?
(a) Rattlesnake's rattle
7. What is the name of the Corps' hunter?
(a) John Collins
(b) Hugh Hall
(c) George Drouilliard
(d) Willliam Warner
8. What is Hugh Hall and John Collins' punishment?
(a) Gas chamber
(c) 50 press ups
(d) Electric chair
9. What does Toussaint trade?
10. What are the towropes made from?
(a) Elk skin
(b) Dog skin
(c) Antelope skin
(d) Buffalo skin
11. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
12. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
(a) Their knives
(b) Their guns
(c) Each other
(d) A squaw
13. Who shows up after 16 days in this chapter?
(a) George Shannon
(b) Philip Untop
(c) Frankie Rogets
(d) James White
14. What are prairie dogs rumored to live with?
(b) Snakes or lizards
15. What kind of medicine does Lewis give Sacagawea in this chapter?
(d) Cough syrup
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
2. Who does Captain Clark protect in this chapter?
3. What is the name of the Frenchman who lives among the the Mandans?
4. What makes the terrain so difficult in this chapter?
5. What does Jean Valle operate from his house?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)