|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
(a) A sergeant
(b) A map maker
(c) A scout
(d) An interpreter
2. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
(a) Candle wax
3. What is the name of the experienced waterman within the Corps?
(c) Captain Lewis
4. Why does Lewis decide to walk along the shore?
(a) To hunt
(b) To get in shape
(c) To allow more space on the boats
(d) To view the wildlife
5. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
(c) New Orleans
(d) St. Louis
6. Who does the Corps hire as an interpreter in this chapter?
(a) Toussaint Charbonneau
(b) Roger Tomlinson
(c) Joseph Gravelines
(d) Jack Keats
7. What river is the White Catfish camp located above?
(a) Platte River
(b) Whitman River
(c) Goat River
(d) Neptune River
8. What does Captain Lewis provide that helps with the birth?
(c) Rattlesnake's rattle
9. Who is chosen to replace Sergeant Floyd?
10. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
(a) Richard Warfington
(b) Captain Clark
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) Joseph Gravelines
11. What rank is Richard Warfington?
12. What does Clark observe in the distance on July 20th?
13. What is the name of the Maha king?
(a) Black swan
(b) White catfish
14. What is Newman's punishment for mutinous expression?
(a) No food for three days
(b) Electric chair
(c) 75 lashes
15. What material do the men use to build huts?
(a) Buffalo skin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the army camp that Captain William Clarke leaves on May 13, 1804?
2. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
3. What is the name of the Frenchman who lives among the the Mandans?
4. What kind of animal does the Corps catch alive in this chapter?
5. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)