|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are planning to attack the Mandan village?
(a) The American army
(d) Teton and Yankton Sioux
2. What animal swims across the river in this chapter?
(a) A grizzly bear
(b) A buffalo
(c) A coyote
(d) A wolf
3. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Independence Day
(b) Easter Sunday
(c) Christmas Day
4. What makes the terrain so difficult in this chapter?
(a) Prickly pears and rocks
(b) Hail storms
(c) Strong winds
(d) Muddy conditions
5. Who gives birth in this chapter?
6. What kind of animal starts to roam near the camp?
(a) Grizzly bears
(c) Sabre tooth tigers
7. What is the antelope not very good at?
8. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
9. What do the captains need during their talks with the Tetons?
(a) A guard dog
(b) A bodyguard
(d) An interpreter
10. What was Blackbird killed by?
(a) A bullet wound
(b) A knife wound
(d) Small pox
11. What are the towropes made from?
(a) Buffalo skin
(b) Elk skin
(c) Dog skin
(d) Antelope skin
12. What is the name of Charbonneau's youngest wife?
13. What does Lewis worry about finding material to make?
(a) A fort
(d) A boat
14. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
15. Which member of the Teton tribe does the Corps take with them?
(a) Black Buffalo
(b) Golden Gopher
(d) Pink Salmon
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the island the Corps stays on in this chapter?
2. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
3. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
4. What does the Corps name the island they discover in this chapter?
5. Who shows up after 16 days in this chapter?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)