|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the towropes made from?
(a) Antelope skin
(b) Buffalo skin
(c) Dog skin
(d) Elk skin
2. What covers the ground and makes their progress difficult in this chapter?
(a) Prickly pears
(d) Dead buffalo
3. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
(c) Candle wax
4. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
5. What does the Corps find on the shore of the Poncha River?
(a) An empty village
(c) Buffalo carcasses
(d) Starving people
6. What does the Corps name the island they discover in this chapter?
(a) Island of the Americas
(b) Black Rock Island
(c) Good Hope Island
(d) New World Island
7. Where is Meriwether Lewis in this chapter?
(a) New Orleans
(b) El Paso
(c) St. Louis
(d) New York
8. Who shows up after 16 days in this chapter?
(a) George Shannon
(b) Philip Untop
(c) Frankie Rogets
(d) James White
9. What is the name of Charbonneau's youngest wife?
10. Which member of the Corps dies in this chapter?
(a) George Labiche
(b) Captain Lewis
(c) Captain Clark
(d) Sergeant Floyd
11. Who is in command of the keelboat?
(a) Joseph Gravelines
(b) Captain Clark
(c) James Regal
(d) Richard Warfington
12. Why does Lewis decide to walk along the shore?
(a) To get in shape
(b) To view the wildlife
(c) To hunt
(d) To allow more space on the boats
13. Who are planning to attack the Mandan village?
(b) The American army
(c) Teton and Yankton Sioux
14. What are prairie dogs rumored to live with?
(a) Snakes or lizards
15. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) John Collins
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) Thomas Jefferon
Short Answer Questions
1. What can the Corps see from the top of the hill?
2. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
3. What does Captain Lewis provide that helps with the birth?
4. What is the name of the experienced waterman within the Corps?
5. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)