|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
(a) Cobalt poisoning
(b) A cold
(c) Small pox
(d) A hangover
2. What kind of animal in America catches the antelope when it enters the water?
3. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
4. What does Toussaint trade?
5. What is the name of the island the Corps stays on in this chapter?
(a) Nodaway Island
(b) Washington Island
(c) Long Island
(d) Jupiter Island
6. Why do the captains think the Arikaras Indians are not in their village in this chapter?
(a) They are hiding in ambush
(b) They are on holiday
(c) They are hunting buffaloes
(d) They have runaway
7. Where is Meriwether Lewis in this chapter?
(a) St. Louis
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York
(d) El Paso
8. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
(a) A scout
(b) A map maker
(c) A sergeant
(d) An interpreter
9. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
(a) A squaw
(b) Each other
(c) Their knives
(d) Their guns
10. What is Newman's punishment for mutinous expression?
(a) Electric chair
(b) 75 lashes
(d) No food for three days
11. What two animals does Valle say live in the Black Mountains?
(a) Lions and tigers
(b) Frogs and toads
(c) Coyote and wolves
(d) Grizzy bears and goats
12. Who gives birth in this chapter?
13. What does the Corps buy from a trading cargo?
(b) Buffalo grease
14. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
(a) Grizzly bears
(d) Mule deer
15. What is the name of the army camp that Captain William Clarke leaves on May 13, 1804?
(b) River Dubois
(c) Pride of America
(d) St. Andrews
Short Answer Questions
1. What draws characters in the morning after it has been smoked by visitors?
2. Who does the Corps leave with the tribe?
3. Who is chosen to replace Sergeant Floyd?
4. What kind of food does Sacawagea gather for the Corps?
5. What can the Corps see from the top of the hill?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)