|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
(a) New Orleans
(c) St. Louis
2. Which of the following fish do the men not catch in the river?
3. How does Clark describe the Mandan village houses?
(a) Beautiful, but impractical
(b) Cool and open
(c) Large and round
(d) Small and square
4. What is the name of the man who is spreading false rumors in this chapter?
5. What is the name of the man who gives Lewis detailed information about the Indian tribes?
(a) Mr. Open
(b) Mr. Gravelines
(c) Mr. Tomlinson
(d) Mr. Headstone
6. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Knock on the gate
(b) Steals a key
(c) Tunnels under the wall
(d) Scales the wall
7. How does Clark kill the cougar?
(a) Spears it
(b) Strangles it
(c) Shoots it
(d) Stabs it
8. Which member of the Corps dies in this chapter?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Sergeant Floyd
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) George Labiche
9. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
(a) Captain Lewis
(b) John Collins
(c) Captain Clark
(d) Thomas Jefferon
10. Who is in command of the keelboat?
(a) James Regal
(b) Joseph Gravelines
(c) Captain Clark
(d) Richard Warfington
11. What covers the ground and makes their progress difficult in this chapter?
(a) Dead buffalo
(b) Prickly pears
12. What kind of animal almost jumps on Clark?
13. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
(a) Small pox
(b) A hangover
(c) Cobalt poisoning
(d) A cold
14. What do the people who don't take part in the majority of the celebration do on Christmas Day?
(a) Go for a walk
(c) Play football
(d) Play cards
15. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
(a) A cross
(b) An American flag
(d) A dead chicken
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the captains give the Indian boys as a present?
2. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
3. What is Hugh Hall and John Collins' punishment?
4. What do the captains need during their talks with the Tetons?
5. What kind of animal starts to roam near the camp?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)