|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Musselshell River
(b) Maria's River
(c) Gordon's River
(d) Washington River
2. What does Toussaint trade?
3. What is the name of the Maha king?
(b) Black swan
(c) White catfish
4. What is the river bottom covered with?
(c) Dead fish
5. What is the name of the experienced waterman within the Corps?
(c) Captain Lewis
6. What rank is Richard Warfington?
7. What animal swims across the river in this chapter?
(a) A coyote
(b) A buffalo
(c) A wolf
(d) A grizzly bear
8. What is the name of the island the Corps stays on in this chapter?
(a) Nodaway Island
(b) Washington Island
(c) Jupiter Island
(d) Long Island
9. What does Jean Valle operate from his house?
(a) A grocery store
(b) A bar
(c) A post office
(d) A trading post
10. How does Clark describe the Mandan village houses?
(a) Beautiful, but impractical
(b) Large and round
(c) Small and square
(d) Cool and open
11. What is Hugh Hall and John Collins' punishment?
(a) 50 press ups
(b) Electric chair
(c) Gas chamber
12. Who is in command of the keelboat?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Richard Warfington
(c) Joseph Gravelines
(d) James Regal
13. What does Lewis worry about finding material to make?
(c) A fort
(d) A boat
14. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
15. Why does Lewis decide to walk along the shore?
(a) To allow more space on the boats
(b) To hunt
(c) To get in shape
(d) To view the wildlife
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Meriwether Lewis in this chapter?
2. What do the captains need during their talks with the Tetons?
3. What do the hunters kill in this chapter?
4. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
5. What are prairie dogs rumored to live with?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)