|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Newman's punishment for mutinous expression?
(a) 75 lashes
(c) No food for three days
(d) Electric chair
2. Which of the following fish do the men not catch in the river?
3. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
(a) A cold
(b) Small pox
(c) Cobalt poisoning
(d) A hangover
4. Who does the Corps send documentation and specimens to?
(a) The Secretary of State
(b) Their families
(d) The President
5. What was Blackbird killed by?
(a) Small pox
(b) A knife wound
(d) A bullet wound
6. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
(a) New Orleans
(c) St. Louis
7. What do the men name the river near the buffalo carcasses?
(a) Slaughter River
(b) The Red River
(c) River Rott
(d) Murder River
8. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Scales the wall
(b) Steals a key
(c) Tunnels under the wall
(d) Knock on the gate
9. What does the Corps put in the mound where the king is buried?
(a) A dead chicken
(b) An American flag
(d) A cross
10. What is the name of the Corps' hunter?
(a) Willliam Warner
(b) George Drouilliard
(c) Hugh Hall
(d) John Collins
11. Who is chosen to replace Sergeant Floyd?
12. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
(c) Grizzly bears
13. What are the towropes made from?
(a) Buffalo skin
(b) Elk skin
(c) Dog skin
(d) Antelope skin
14. What are prairie dogs rumored to live with?
(b) Snakes or lizards
15. Which character acts as a doctor for the Corps?
(a) Captain Lewis
(d) Captain Clark
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following animals does the party not kill in this chapter?
2. What does Clark observe in the distance on July 20th?
3. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
4. What does the Corps find on the shore of the Poncha River?
5. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)