|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men name the river near the buffalo carcasses?
(a) Slaughter River
(b) River Rott
(c) Murder River
(d) The Red River
2. Which of the following animals does the party not kill in this chapter?
(c) Mule deer
(d) Grizzly bears
3. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
(a) The Cheyenne River
(b) The Washington River
(c) The Coyote River
(d) The Jefferson River
4. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
5. Who gives birth in this chapter?
6. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(b) Christmas Day
(c) Easter Sunday
(d) Independence Day
7. What kind of animal does the Corps catch alive in this chapter?
(b) Grizzly bear
8. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
9. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
10. Why does Lewis decide to walk along the shore?
(a) To view the wildlife
(b) To allow more space on the boats
(c) To hunt
(d) To get in shape
11. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
12. Why does Clark leave signs for the Indians on his trail?
(a) To show they are ready for an attack
(b) To show they are peaceful
(c) To lead them into danger
(d) To confuse them
13. What is Hugh Hall and John Collins' punishment?
(a) 50 press ups
(b) Gas chamber
(c) Electric chair
14. What can the Corps see from the top of the hill?
(a) The White House
(b) Mississppi River
(c) Sky scrapers
15. Which of the following fish do the men not catch in the river?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the captains think the Arikaras Indians are not in their village in this chapter?
2. What does the Corps buy from a trading cargo?
3. What is the name of the veteran trader who joins their party?
4. What is the name of Charbonneau's youngest wife?
5. What is the antelope not very good at?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)