|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clark leave signs for the Indians on his trail?
(a) To lead them into danger
(b) To confuse them
(c) To show they are peaceful
(d) To show they are ready for an attack
2. What do the Teton and Yankton Sioux say they will kill if they stand in their way?
(b) Grizzly bears
(c) White men
3. What do the captains give the Indian boys as a present?
(c) Paper and pens
4. Which member of the Corps dies in this chapter?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Captain Lewis
(c) George Labiche
(d) Sergeant Floyd
5. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
(a) Captain Lewis
(b) Thomas Jefferon
(c) John Collins
(d) Captain Clark
6. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Musselshell River
(b) Gordon's River
(c) Washington River
(d) Maria's River
7. What was Blackbird killed by?
(a) A bullet wound
(b) A knife wound
(d) Small pox
8. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Tunnels under the wall
(b) Scales the wall
(c) Steals a key
(d) Knock on the gate
9. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(b) Easter Sunday
(d) Christmas Day
10. Which of the following fish do the men not catch in the river?
11. What does the Corps name the island they discover in this chapter?
(a) Black Rock Island
(b) New World Island
(c) Island of the Americas
(d) Good Hope Island
12. Whose protection does the captain say a warring nation will lose?
(a) The UN
(c) The President
(d) The buffalos
13. What kind of food does Sacawagea gather for the Corps?
(a) Coffee beans
(c) Sugar cane
14. Who is the Great Father the captains talk about?
(a) The British King
(c) The French King
(d) The American President
15. Who does the man who visits two days before Christmas want to make peace with?
(b) The officer he thought slept with his wife
(c) The Mandan Indians
(d) His wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
2. What draws characters in the morning after it has been smoked by visitors?
3. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
4. What rank is Richard Warfington?
5. What is the antelope not very good at?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)