|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material do the men use to build huts?
(d) Buffalo skin
2. Who is chosen to replace Sergeant Floyd?
3. What uses the mound as a refuge?
4. What does Toussaint trade?
5. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Musselshell River
(b) Washington River
(c) Maria's River
(d) Gordon's River
6. Who is the Great Father the captains talk about?
(a) The British King
(b) The American President
(d) The French King
7. What is the rattle mixed with?
8. What tribe are the Indian boys that the Corps meets at the end of the chapter from?
9. How does Clark kill the cougar?
(a) Shoots it
(b) Spears it
(c) Stabs it
(d) Strangles it
10. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
(a) Small pox
(b) A cold
(c) Cobalt poisoning
(d) A hangover
11. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
(a) St. Camus
(b) St. Frederic
(c) St. Charles
(d) St James
12. What is the name of the Teton chief?
(b) Sitting Bull
(c) Black Buffalo
(d) Colin the Coyote
13. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
(c) Candle wax
14. What rank is Richard Warfington?
15. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
(a) Hugh Hall
(b) John Collins
(c) James Horace
(d) William Warner
Short Answer Questions
1. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
2. What kind of animal starts to roam near the camp?
3. What is the antelope not very good at?
4. What can the Corps see from the top of the hill?
5. What is the name of the army camp that Captain William Clarke leaves on May 13, 1804?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)