|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men name the river near the buffalo carcasses?
(a) Slaughter River
(b) River Rott
(c) The Red River
(d) Murder River
2. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Steals a key
(b) Knock on the gate
(c) Tunnels under the wall
(d) Scales the wall
3. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
(c) Mule deer
(d) Grizzly bears
4. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(b) Christmas Day
(d) Easter Sunday
5. Which of the following animals does the party not kill in this chapter?
(b) Mule deer
(d) Grizzly bears
6. Who does the Corps send documentation and specimens to?
(a) Their families
(b) The Secretary of State
(d) The President
7. Why does Clark leave signs for the Indians on his trail?
(a) To show they are ready for an attack
(b) To confuse them
(c) To lead them into danger
(d) To show they are peaceful
8. Who is in command of the keelboat?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Joseph Gravelines
(c) Richard Warfington
(d) James Regal
9. What covers the ground and makes their progress difficult in this chapter?
(a) Dead buffalo
(b) Prickly pears
10. Which member of the Teton tribe does the Corps take with them?
(a) Black Buffalo
(c) Pink Salmon
(d) Golden Gopher
11. What do the people who don't take part in the majority of the celebration do on Christmas Day?
(b) Go for a walk
(c) Play cards
(d) Play football
12. What was Blackbird killed by?
(a) Small pox
(c) A knife wound
(d) A bullet wound
13. What makes the terrain so difficult in this chapter?
(a) Hail storms
(b) Strong winds
(c) Muddy conditions
(d) Prickly pears and rocks
14. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
(b) Dodge City
(c) Toy Town
(d) Mandan City
15. Why does Lewis decide to walk along the shore?
(a) To view the wildlife
(b) To hunt
(c) To get in shape
(d) To allow more space on the boats
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of the Corps dies in this chapter?
2. What is the name of the man who is spreading false rumors in this chapter?
3. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
4. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
5. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)