|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up after 16 days in this chapter?
(a) James White
(b) Philip Untop
(c) Frankie Rogets
(d) George Shannon
2. What does the Corps find on the shore of the Poncha River?
(a) An empty village
(b) Starving people
(c) Buffalo carcasses
3. Why do the captains think the Arikaras Indians are not in their village in this chapter?
(a) They are hiding in ambush
(b) They are hunting buffaloes
(c) They have runaway
(d) They are on holiday
4. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch in this chapter?
(c) White catfish
5. What do the captains give the Indian boys as a present?
(d) Paper and pens
6. What does the party reach on July 25th?
(b) The three forks
(c) The Rockys
(d) An Indian village
7. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
(a) Thomas Jefferon
(b) Captain Clark
(c) John Collins
(d) Captain Lewis
8. Which member of the Teton tribe does the Corps take with them?
(b) Golden Gopher
(c) Black Buffalo
(d) Pink Salmon
9. Who does LaFrance trade for?
(a) The Yahoo Company
(b) The Rogets Company
(c) The J.T. Company
(d) The N.W. Company
10. Who does Captain Clark protect in this chapter?
(a) Captain Lewis
(b) His wife
(c) The Mandans
(d) The Pawnees
11. Who are planning to attack the Mandan village?
(a) The American army
(b) Teton and Yankton Sioux
12. What does Lewis worry about finding material to make?
(b) A fort
(d) A boat
13. What scares the buffalo away from the camp?
(a) Seaman the dog
(b) A fire
(d) A gun shot
14. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
(a) St. Camus
(b) St James
(c) St. Frederic
(d) St. Charles
15. What is the name of Charbonneau's youngest wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the towropes made from?
2. What river is the White Catfish camp located above?
3. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
4. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
5. What covers the ground and makes their progress difficult in this chapter?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)