|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clark describe the Mandan village houses?
(a) Small and square
(b) Beautiful, but impractical
(c) Large and round
(d) Cool and open
2. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
(a) Captain Clark
(b) Richard Warfington
(c) Captain Lewis
(d) Joseph Gravelines
3. What is the name of the veteran trader who joins their party?
(a) Pierre Doiron
(b) Serge Mercault
(c) David Gordon
(d) John Goad
4. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
(a) John Collins
(b) James Horace
(c) Hugh Hall
(d) William Warner
5. What does the Corps buy from a trading cargo?
(c) Buffalo grease
6. What tribe does the Corps hold a meeting with in this chapter?
(a) Yakto Sioux
7. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Easter Sunday
(c) Christmas Day
(d) Independence Day
8. Which of the following animals does the party not kill in this chapter?
(a) Grizzly bears
(c) Mule deer
9. What is Captain Lewis still recovering from in this chapter?
(a) Small pox
(b) Cobalt poisoning
(c) A hangover
(d) A cold
10. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(c) Easter Sunday
(d) Christmas Day
11. What does Lewis worry about finding material to make?
(a) A fort
(d) A boat
12. What was Blackbird killed by?
(a) A knife wound
(b) Small pox
(d) A bullet wound
13. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
14. What does the party reach on July 25th?
(a) An Indian village
(b) The Rockys
(c) The three forks
15. What is the name of the man who is spreading false rumors in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
2. What do the people who don't take part in the majority of the celebration do on Christmas Day?
3. What makes the terrain so difficult in this chapter?
4. What does Clark observe in the distance on July 20th?
5. What kind of animal does the Corps hunt for at the sandbar?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)