|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Charbonneau's youngest wife?
2. What does Captain Lewis provide that helps with the birth?
(a) Rattlesnake's rattle
3. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
(a) St James
(b) St. Charles
(c) St. Frederic
(d) St. Camus
4. What uses the mound as a refuge?
5. What material do the men use to build huts?
(b) Buffalo skin
6. What is the name of the Corps' hunter?
(a) George Drouilliard
(b) Willliam Warner
(c) Hugh Hall
(d) John Collins
7. How does Clark kill the cougar?
(a) Spears it
(b) Shoots it
(c) Strangles it
(d) Stabs it
8. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
(b) Mandan City
(c) Toy Town
(d) Dodge City
9. How does Private Howard try to get back into the fort?
(a) Tunnels under the wall
(b) Scales the wall
(c) Knock on the gate
(d) Steals a key
10. What is Hugh Hall and John Collins' punishment?
(a) 50 press ups
(c) Electric chair
(d) Gas chamber
11. Who does Captain Clark protect in this chapter?
(a) The Pawnees
(b) Captain Lewis
(c) His wife
(d) The Mandans
12. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Gordon's River
(b) Musselshell River
(c) Maria's River
(d) Washington River
13. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
14. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
(a) The breeze
(c) Bad body odour
(d) Burning oid
15. What is the name of the first creek where the men set up camp?
(a) St. Charles River
(b) Osage Women's River
(c) Demian River
(d) Formby Magic River
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Meriwether Lewis in this chapter?
2. What is the name of the man who gives Lewis detailed information about the Indian tribes?
3. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
4. What animal swims across the river in this chapter?
5. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)