|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lewis order his men to sleep with in this chapter?
(a) Each other
(b) Their guns
(c) A squaw
(d) Their knives
2. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
(b) Grizzly bears
3. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
4. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
(a) Bad body odour
(c) Burning oid
(d) The breeze
5. What does the scouting party have to find up the southern fork of the river?
(a) A mound
(b) A waterfall
(c) A graveyard
(d) A monument
6. What rank is Richard Warfington?
7. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
(a) Dodge City
(c) Mandan City
(d) Toy Town
8. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
(a) A scout
(b) A sergeant
(c) A map maker
(d) An interpreter
9. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
10. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
(a) The Coyote River
(b) The Jefferson River
(c) The Cheyenne River
(d) The Washington River
11. How does Clark kill the cougar?
(a) Spears it
(b) Stabs it
(c) Shoots it
(d) Strangles it
12. What tribe does the Corps hold a meeting with in this chapter?
(d) Yakto Sioux
13. What do the captains need during their talks with the Tetons?
(a) An interpreter
(c) A guard dog
(d) A bodyguard
14. Why does Clark leave signs for the Indians on his trail?
(a) To lead them into danger
(b) To show they are peaceful
(c) To show they are ready for an attack
(d) To confuse them
15. What do the men name the river near the buffalo carcasses?
(a) River Rott
(b) Murder River
(c) The Red River
(d) Slaughter River
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
2. Who does the Corps send documentation and specimens to?
3. What does Jean Valle operate from his house?
4. What does the Corps buy from a trading cargo?
5. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)