|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Corps call the collection of Mandan villages?
(a) Toy Town
(b) Mandan City
(d) Dodge City
2. Where is Meriwether Lewis in this chapter?
(a) El Paso
(b) New York
(c) St. Louis
(d) New Orleans
3. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
(a) St. Charles
(b) St James
(c) St. Frederic
(d) St. Camus
4. Who does Captain Clark protect in this chapter?
(a) The Pawnees
(b) His wife
(c) The Mandans
(d) Captain Lewis
5. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch in this chapter?
(b) White catfish
6. What keeps the mosquitoes away in this chapter?
(b) Burning oid
(c) Bad body odour
(d) The breeze
7. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Easter Sunday
(c) Independence Day
(d) Christmas Day
8. How does Clark kill the cougar?
(a) Strangles it
(b) Shoots it
(c) Stabs it
(d) Spears it
9. What is the name of the Maha king?
(a) White catfish
(b) Black swan
10. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
11. What is the name of the army camp that Captain William Clarke leaves on May 13, 1804?
(a) Pride of America
(c) St. Andrews
(d) River Dubois
12. What day does the Corps celebrate in this chapter?
(a) Christmas Day
(b) Easter Sunday
13. Where is the keelboat traveling to?
(c) New Orleans
(d) St. Louis
14. Who are planning to attack the Mandan village?
(b) Teton and Yankton Sioux
(d) The American army
15. What is the name of the first creek where the men set up camp?
(a) Formby Magic River
(b) St. Charles River
(c) Osage Women's River
(d) Demian River
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Teton chief?
2. What is the name of the island the Corps stays on in this chapter?
3. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
4. What river runs under the Black Mountains?
5. Which member of the Corps dies in this chapter?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)