|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clark observe in the distance on July 20th?
2. Who is the Great Father the captains talk about?
(a) The American President
(b) The French King
(c) The British King
3. What is the name of the French village the party reaches in this chapter?
(a) St. Frederic
(b) St. Charles
(c) St James
(d) St. Camus
4. What river does the Corps reach at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Musselshell River
(b) Maria's River
(c) Washington River
(d) Gordon's River
5. Why does Clark leave signs for the Indians on his trail?
(a) To show they are ready for an attack
(b) To lead them into danger
(c) To show they are peaceful
(d) To confuse them
6. Who is responsible for piloting the keel boat?
(a) Richard Warfington
(b) Captain Clark
(c) Joseph Gravelines
(d) Captain Lewis
7. What makes the terrain so difficult in this chapter?
(a) Hail storms
(b) Strong winds
(c) Prickly pears and rocks
(d) Muddy conditions
8. What do the men name the river near the buffalo carcasses?
(a) River Rott
(b) The Red River
(c) Murder River
(d) Slaughter River
9. What is the name of Captain Clark's dog?
10. What can the Corps see from the top of the hill?
(a) Sky scrapers
(b) Mississppi River
(c) The White House
11. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
12. What do the Teton and Yankton Sioux say they will kill if they stand in their way?
(c) White men
(d) Grizzly bears
13. What tribe of Indians does Clarke send La Liberte to talk to?
14. What is the name of the experienced waterman within the Corps?
(c) Captain Lewis
15. Who is attacked by a grizzly bear in this chapter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does LaFrance trade for?
2. What does York tell the Indians he used to eat?
3. What is the Indian women's canoe made from?
4. Who does Captain Clark protect in this chapter?
5. Who does the company meet at St. Charles?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)