|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the captains give the Indian boys as a present?
(b) Paper and pens
2. What river is the White Catfish camp located above?
(a) Platte River
(b) Whitman River
(c) Goat River
(d) Neptune River
3. What scares the buffalo away from the camp?
(b) A gun shot
(c) Seaman the dog
(d) A fire
4. What uses the mound as a refuge?
5. Who is the Great Father the captains talk about?
(a) The French King
(c) The American President
(d) The British King
6. What can the Corps see from the top of the hill?
(a) Mississppi River
(c) Sky scrapers
(d) The White House
7. What do the Teton and Yankton Sioux say they will kill if they stand in their way?
(a) Grizzly bears
(d) White men
8. Who does the Corps hire as an interpreter in this chapter?
(a) Roger Tomlinson
(b) Joseph Gravelines
(c) Jack Keats
(d) Toussaint Charbonneau
9. What does Lewis worry about finding material to make?
(a) A fort
(d) A boat
10. What does Charbonneau want to be hired as?
(a) A sergeant
(b) A scout
(c) An interpreter
(d) A map maker
11. What does Lewis put on the canoes to show the Indians they are not enemies?
(a) Buffalo heads
(b) Colored rope
(d) Chicken heads
12. What kind of fish does Goodrich catch?
13. What two animals does Valle say live in the Black Mountains?
(a) Frogs and toads
(b) Grizzy bears and goats
(c) Lions and tigers
(d) Coyote and wolves
14. What kind of animal starts to roam near the camp?
(a) Grizzly bears
(d) Sabre tooth tigers
15. What is the rattle mixed with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people is not punished in this chapter?
2. What do the captains send out a party to look for?
3. What is the name of the Corps' hunter?
4. What is the name of the army camp that Captain William Clarke leaves on May 13, 1804?
5. What is the name of the first creek where the men set up camp?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)