Essay Topic 1
Look at the structure of the journals.
1) How did the editor edit and structure the entries of the journal to make it more entertaining?
2) What information do you think the editor decided against using and why?
3) How much of the real voice of the writers is lost by not presenting all the information?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following and outline either Clark or Lewis' thoughts on the subject. Use your own ideas to argue whether you think the captain you have chosen is right or wrong.
1) The motives of the French Traders
2) Making peace with the Indians
3) The American Indian's way of life
Essay Topic 3
Examine the American Indian''s relationship with the French.
1) What influence have the French had in the development of the USA?
2) How did the French use the Indians to help with their trade business?
Essay Topic 4
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)