|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of headstone marked the grave of Ludvik's mother?
2. What honor is given to Vladimir in part four?
3. After what family event did Ludvik denounce the Church?
4. What brought Jaroslav and Ludvik together when they were young boys?
5. What kind of garland did Vlasta wear in her hair on her wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ludvik's memory of Helena differ from Helena in reality, upon their meeting in Moravia?
2. How does Kostka feel about how he treated Lucie, when he reflects back?
3. Describe the difference between Ludvik and Kostka's perceived relationship, according to Kostka.
4. Describe Jaroslav's dream at the beginning of part four.
5. Describe Kostka's analysis of Ludvik - what does Kostka feel Ludvik's deepest motives are?
6. What happened to the historical music and literature of Czech nation in the nineteenth century?
7. How is Jaroslav's planning developing for the upcoming Ride of the Kings progressing?
8. How does Ludvik describe his first meeting with Helena?
9. Why doesn't Ludvik search for Lucie after she goes missing? How about after he is free from Ostrava?
10. How did Kostka feel about Ludvik defending him to the University?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe a genuine Moravian wedding. Pick some symbols to describe, compare and contrast.
Essay Topic 2
What is the joke, following the title of this book? Are there more than one? Compare and contrast.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast how the people of western Bohemia treat Lucie and the children in the town.
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)