|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ludvik want to have an affair with Helena?
2. What instrument did Ludvik play when he was a schoolboy?
3. What does Ludvik order for lunch with Helena?
4. How did the children help the unknown girl?
5. How long ago did Jaroslav's father die from the beginning of part four?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event called Kostka's Christianity into question by the administration at the University?
2. How does Ludvik's memory of Helena differ from Helena in reality, upon their meeting in Moravia?
3. What does Christian living mean to Kostka?
4. Describe Jaroslav's house.
5. How is Jaroslav's planning developing for the upcoming Ride of the Kings progressing?
6. Why does Ludvik say that women don't talk about their husbands to their lovers?
7. What happened to the historical music and literature of Czech nation in the nineteenth century?
8. How does Jaroslav imagine his mother?
9. Why doesn't Ludvik search for Lucie after she goes missing? How about after he is free from Ostrava?
10. Why did Zemanek read Fucik at Ludvik's hearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jaroslav and his family.
Essay Topic 2
Describe a genuine Moravian wedding. Pick some symbols to describe, compare and contrast.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the symbolism inherent in the gifts Ludvik and Lucie give to each other during their time together in Ostrava.
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)