|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator doing when part four begins?
2. How did the children help the unknown girl?
3. How much longer was Kostka at University after Ludvik was expelled?
4. Ludvik sees an old friend at the simulated baptism. What is the old friend's name?
5. What brought Jaroslav and Ludvik together when they were young boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jaroslav describe the "Communists of the time," after his first year at University?
2. What happened to the historical music and literature of Czech nation in the nineteenth century?
3. How does Kovalik suggest to Ludvik the people have come around to accepting state-sponsored rites of passage in the place of religious ceremonies?
4. How is Jaroslav's planning developing for the upcoming Ride of the Kings progressing?
5. Describe the Helena Ludvik is finally attracted to.
6. What makes Kostka afraid of women?
7. Describe the difference between Ludvik and Kostka's perceived relationship, according to Kostka.
8. What does Christian living mean to Kostka?
9. Describe Jaroslav's dream at the beginning of part four.
10. How does Kostka feel about how he treated Lucie, when he reflects back?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe a genuine Moravian wedding. Pick some symbols to describe, compare and contrast.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast how the people of western Bohemia treat Lucie and the children in the town.
Essay Topic 3
Why does Ludvik see Lucie as the King of the Ride of the Kings?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)