|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Kostka's fellow Christians dislike Communism?
2. Where did Jaroslav go to University?
3. Where does Lucie's father live?
4. What is the narrator doing when part four begins?
5. After what family event did Ludvik denounce the Church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jaroslav's planning developing for the upcoming Ride of the Kings progressing?
2. Why doesn't Ludvik search for Lucie after she goes missing? How about after he is free from Ostrava?
3. What moved Jaroslav to become Vlasta's "protector?"
4. Describe the Helena Ludvik is finally attracted to.
5. Why does Ludvik say that women don't talk about their husbands to their lovers?
6. How does Ludvik's memory of Helena differ from Helena in reality, upon their meeting in Moravia?
7. Describe Jaroslav's house.
8. How does Ludvik describe his first meeting with Helena?
9. How does Jaroslav feel about Ludvik when they see each other after Ludvik's sentence at Ostrava?
10. How did Kostka feel about Ludvik defending him to the University?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ludvik see Lucie as the King of the Ride of the Kings?
Essay Topic 2
What brings Ludvik back to folk music? What does this return symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Fully describe the ceremony of the Ride of the Kings. What is the significance of this ceremony in the book?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)