|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ludvik want to have an affair with Helena?
2. Who is the narrator of part four?
3. How does Helena describe Ludvik during their lunch together.
4. Where does Kostka believe Ludvik is living, figuratively?
5. Who is the narrator in part five?
Essay Topic 1
Describe a genuine Moravian wedding. Pick some symbols to describe, compare and contrast.
Essay Topic 2
Fully describe the ceremony of the Ride of the Kings. What is the significance of this ceremony in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the symbolism inherent in the gifts Ludvik and Lucie give to each other during their time together in Ostrava.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)