|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the part two?
2. What did Zemanek start after Togliatti spoke in Old Town Square?
3. What does the river in Moravia look like?
4. How did Helena meet Ludvik?
5. When Ludvik sits down to have a shave, what does he do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helena know that she loves Ludvik?
2. What is Helena's credo?
3. How does Ludvik describe Kostka?
4. What is Kostka's living situation?
5. How does Jaroslav feel about Ludvik when they see each other after Ludvik's sentence at Ostrava?
6. How does Helena feel about the Party?
7. Describe Ludvik's hotel room in Moravia.
8. What is a typical day in the life of Ludvik at Ostrava?
9. What does Christian living mean to Kostka?
10. Describe the difference between Ludvik and Kostka's perceived relationship, according to Kostka.
Essay Topic 1
Why does Ludvik seduce Helena and what goes wrong with his plan?
Essay Topic 2
Outline Kostka's belief system and the major fallacies reflected in the life he leads.
Essay Topic 3
Detail what happened to Ludvik's mother and what brought her to be buried in the manner she was laid to rest.
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)