|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the woman giving Ludvik finishes soaping his face and gets up to retrieve the razor, Ludvick wants to look at her and realizes what?
2. What does Helena like about Ludvik?
3. What does Helena claim she is looking for?
4. Where did Zemanek go at the beginning of part two?
5. According to Helena, what does Zemanek live on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helena describe Zemanek in part two?
2. Why does Ludvik feel frustrated when he leaves the barber for his shave?
3. What is Kostka's bachelor pad like?
4. How did Marketa react to the postcard Ludvik sent?
5. Describe Ludvik's hotel room in Moravia.
6. How does Ludvik describe Kostka?
7. After their second meeting, Ludvik tells Helena that he is going to pick her up in front of the station the following day. What did they do on this outing?
8. What finally prompted Helena and Zemanek to get married?
9. What is Helena's credo?
10. What happens during Ludvik's shave that changes the experience for him, and how does Ludvik react to the rest of his shave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fully describe the ceremony of the Ride of the Kings. What is the significance of this ceremony in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Why does Ludvik see Lucie as the King of the Ride of the Kings?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Jaroslav and his family.
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)