|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads a traditional Moravian wedding?
(a) The bride.
(b) The groom.
(c) The patriarch.
(d) The witness.
2. Who discovered where the unknown girl was spending her nights?
(a) A teacher from the school in the village.
(b) The doctor of western Bohemia
(c) The police.
(d) The director of the farm and a chairman of the Local Council.
3. Kostka reveals how he feels about Ludvik. What does Kostka call Ludvik?
(a) His adversary.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His mentor.
(d) His idol.
4. Who gave Helena the pendant she wears?
(a) Her child.
(d) Her father.
5. According to Ludvik, what is the one good feature about newspapers?
(a) They spread the news.
(b) The journalists.
(c) The uses for leftover newspaper.
(d) They make no noise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who looks after Lucie after she starts at the state-farm?
2. How old was Kostka's child when he was made to decide his stance on religion in the Party?
3. Where do Ludvik and Helena have lunch after she arrives in Moravia?
4. What instrument did Ludvik play when he was a schoolboy?
5. What did the director of the state-farm call Lucie?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)