|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ludvik sees an old friend at the simulated baptism. What is the old friend's name?
2. How did Ludvik feel about Helena after their first meeting?
(a) He wanted to throw her out of his office.
(b) He was very attracted to her.
(c) He didn't feel anything.
(d) He respected journalists even more.
3. What did the director of the state-farm call Lucie?
(a) "The little shephardess who could."
(b) "The best cook in all of Bohemia."
(c) "The little fairy-princess."
(d) "The little grave robber."
4. Why doesn't Lucie want to return to her father?
(a) His new wife won't allow Lucie to stay with them.
(b) He is in prison.
(c) He is an invalid and she doesn't want to care for him.
(d) He used to beat her.
5. What brought Jaroslav home from University earlier than expected?
(a) His mother's health.
(b) His father's health.
(c) His loyalty to the Communist Party.
(d) His future wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helped spread the resurgence of folk music in Jaroslav's university years?
2. What instrument did Ludvik play when he was a schoolboy?
3. How many mothers sit in a semi-circle in the simulated baptism in part five?
4. Who is the narrator of part four?
5. What is Jaroslav's secret nickname for Ludvik?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jaroslav imagine his mother?
2. Describe the Helena Ludvik is finally attracted to.
3. How is Jaroslav's planning developing for the upcoming Ride of the Kings progressing?
4. What moved Jaroslav to become Vlasta's "protector?"
5. Describe the way Ludvik is successful in his seduction of Helena.
6. Describe Jaroslav's dream at the beginning of part four.
7. What makes Kostka afraid of women?
8. Describe Jaroslav's house.
9. Describe the difference between Ludvik and Kostka's perceived relationship, according to Kostka.
10. Why does Ludvik say that women don't talk about their husbands to their lovers?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)