|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jaroslav particularly fond of, as he details in part four?
(a) Moravian folk music.
(b) Baroque music.
(c) Jazz music.
(d) Chamber music.
2. What was Lucie caught stealing before she left Ostrava?
(a) Food from children.
(b) Clothes from a laundry.
(c) Milk from a shepherd.
(d) Flowers from a graveyard.
3. What does Kostka decide to do when he resigns from University?
(a) Work at a state farm.
(b) Become a journalist.
(c) Take a year off.
(d) Work at a mine.
4. How long was Lucie in reform school?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
5. Why doesn't Lucie want to return to her father?
(a) His new wife won't allow Lucie to stay with them.
(b) He is in prison.
(c) He is an invalid and she doesn't want to care for him.
(d) He used to beat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jaroslav go to University?
2. What is Jaroslav's secret nickname for Ludvik?
3. What kind of garland did Vlasta wear in her hair on her wedding day?
4. Why does Ludvik want to have an affair with Helena?
5. What instrument did Ludvik play when he was a schoolboy?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)