|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far back does Jaroslav trace his beloved music back in history? Where do the musical roots begin?
(a) Egyptian Pyramid culture.
(b) Ancient Greece.
(c) The Hungarians.
(d) Genghis Kahn's armies.
2. Who leads a traditional Moravian wedding?
(a) The patriarch.
(b) The bride.
(c) The witness.
(d) The groom.
3. How did Ludvik feel about Helena after their first meeting?
(a) He respected journalists even more.
(b) He was very attracted to her.
(c) He wanted to throw her out of his office.
(d) He didn't feel anything.
4. Why doesn't Lucie want to return to her father?
(a) He used to beat her.
(b) He is in prison.
(c) He is an invalid and she doesn't want to care for him.
(d) His new wife won't allow Lucie to stay with them.
5. Where did Jaroslav go to University?
Short Answer Questions
1. What brought Jaroslav and Ludvik together when they were young boys?
2. What honor is given to Vladimir in part four?
3. What is the narrator doing when part four begins?
4. While Kostka is farming in western Bohemia, there are sightings of a young girl nobody knows. What do the children think she is?
5. How much longer was Kostka at University after Ludvik was expelled?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)