|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many boys were in the game from Lucie's childhood?
2. What do Ludvik and Helena drink while waiting for lunch?
3. Who discovered where the unknown girl was spending her nights?
(a) The police.
(b) The doctor of western Bohemia
(c) A teacher from the school in the village.
(d) The director of the farm and a chairman of the Local Council.
4. What does the narrator of part five have for breakfast before meeting Helena?
(a) Cocoa and two rolls.
(b) Potato pancakes.
(c) A hearty breakfast and a shot of vodka.
(d) Coffee and toast.
5. What brought Jaroslav and Ludvik together when they were young boys?
(a) They were both very smart.
(b) They were both half-orphans.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They both liked to go fishing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kostka decide to do when he resigns from University?
2. What does the narrator of part five really want for breakfast before meeting Helena?
3. What instrument did Ludvik play when he was a schoolboy?
4. What does Ludvik order for lunch with Helena?
5. What is engraved on the silver pendant Helena wears?
Short Essay Questions
1. What event called Kostka's Christianity into question by the administration at the University?
2. Describe the Helena Ludvik is finally attracted to.
3. Describe the difference between Ludvik and Kostka's perceived relationship, according to Kostka.
4. How did Kostka feel about Ludvik defending him to the University?
5. How is Jaroslav's planning developing for the upcoming Ride of the Kings progressing?
6. How does Jaroslav imagine his mother?
7. Why did Zemanek read Fucik at Ludvik's hearing?
8. How does Kovalik suggest to Ludvik the people have come around to accepting state-sponsored rites of passage in the place of religious ceremonies?
9. Describe Jaroslav's dream at the beginning of part four.
10. What does Christian living mean to Kostka?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)