|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Helena's favorite word?
2. How many boys were in the game from Lucie's childhood?
3. After what family event did Ludvik denounce the Church?
(a) His mother's second wedding.
(b) His mother's funeral.
(c) His aunt's funeral.
(d) His cousin's wedding.
4. Where did Jaroslav go to University?
5. How far back does Jaroslav trace his beloved music back in history? Where do the musical roots begin?
(a) Genghis Kahn's armies.
(b) Egyptian Pyramid culture.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) The Hungarians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is Jaroslav's favorite in his house, of all his possessions?
2. What is Jaroslav's secret nickname for Ludvik?
3. How old was Kostka's child when he was made to decide his stance on religion in the Party?
4. Who finally broke Lucie of her fear of physical intimacy?
5. Who is the narrator of part six?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Ludvik search for Lucie after she goes missing? How about after he is free from Ostrava?
2. How does Jaroslav feel about Ludvik when they see each other after Ludvik's sentence at Ostrava?
3. How does Kostka justify leaving his wife and child?
4. Describe the difference between Ludvik and Kostka's perceived relationship, according to Kostka.
5. Describe Jaroslav's house.
6. Describe Kostka's analysis of Ludvik - what does Kostka feel Ludvik's deepest motives are?
7. What does Christian living mean to Kostka?
8. How did Kostka feel about Ludvik defending him to the University?
9. How is Jaroslav's planning developing for the upcoming Ride of the Kings progressing?
10. How does Kostka feel about how he treated Lucie, when he reflects back?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)