|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave Helena the pendant she wears?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her child.
2. What music does Jaroslav compare to folk music?
3. When Zemanek spoke out against Ludvik in his hearing about the postcard, he quotes one person at length. Who is it?
(a) Julius Fucik.
(b) Gustav Husak.
(c) Alexander Dubcek.
(d) Joseph Stalin.
4. What brought Jaroslav home from University earlier than expected?
(a) His mother's health.
(b) His future wife.
(c) His father's health.
(d) His loyalty to the Communist Party.
5. How many boys were in the game from Lucie's childhood?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kostka believe Ludvik is living, figuratively?
2. Who teaches Lucie about Christianity?
3. After Helena arrives in Moravia, where does she go first?
4. How many years did Jaroslav and Ludvik share a school bench when they were younger?
5. How old was Kostka's child when he was made to decide his stance on religion in the Party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What moved Jaroslav to become Vlasta's "protector?"
2. How did Kostka feel about Ludvik defending him to the University?
3. What does Christian living mean to Kostka?
4. What makes Kostka afraid of women?
5. Why did Zemanek read Fucik at Ludvik's hearing?
6. How does Kostka justify leaving his wife and child?
7. Describe the Helena Ludvik is finally attracted to.
8. How does Kovalik suggest to Ludvik the people have come around to accepting state-sponsored rites of passage in the place of religious ceremonies?
9. Describe Jaroslav's dream at the beginning of part four.
10. How is Jaroslav's planning developing for the upcoming Ride of the Kings progressing?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)