|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ludvik, what kind of woman is Marketa?
(a) She can't settle down.
(b) She is always joking around.
(c) She takes everything seriously.
(d) She separates work and home really well.
2. After a disappointing leave in pursuit of the infamous 'Candlestick,' Ludvik decides the same weekend as Stana's wedding to go off on his own. Who does Ludvik meet this weekend?
(c) Candlestick, again.
3. Moravia reminds the narrator of what city?
4. When did Helena realize she was in love with Zemanek?
(a) While visiting Italy with their ensemble.
(b) After they married.
(c) On the anniversary of the Liberation in Old Town Square.
(d) At a meeting for the Youth League.
5. What is Helena doing the evening of the beginning of part two?
(a) Mending clothes all night.
(b) Going to bed early.
(c) Staying up late to read.
(d) Cleaning her house until the dawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who at Helena's work station likes her?
2. What does Helena's co-workers say about her at work?
3. As the woman cleans Ludvik's face with a towel, what does Ludvik pretend?
4. How is the local hospital in Moravia set up?
5. Helena believes that there is no split between what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kostka's bachelor pad like?
2. How does Ludvik find out the identity of the woman who shaved him?
3. Describe the story of the dwarfs Ludvik told Marketa.
4. What finally prompted Helena and Zemanek to get married?
5. What happens during Ludvik's shave that changes the experience for him, and how does Ludvik react to the rest of his shave?
6. Why don't Helena's coworkers like her?
7. How does Helena feel about the Party?
8. What is Helena's credo?
9. Why did Ludvik send Marketa the postcard?
10. After their second meeting, Ludvik tells Helena that he is going to pick her up in front of the station the following day. What did they do on this outing?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)