Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of garland did Vlasta wear in her hair on her wedding day?
2. Who gave Helena the pendant she wears?
(a) Her child.
(c) Her father.
3. How far back does Jaroslav trace his beloved music back in history? Where do the musical roots begin?
(a) Genghis Kahn's armies.
(b) The Hungarians.
(c) Ancient Greece.
(d) Egyptian Pyramid culture.
4. What helped spread the resurgence of folk music in Jaroslav's university years?
5. What is engraved on the silver pendant Helena wears?
(a) A star.
(b) A heart.
(c) The Kremlin.
6. What emotion alarms the narrator of part five just before meeting Helena?
7. What brought Jaroslav and Ludvik together when they were young boys?
(a) They both liked to go fishing.
(b) They were both very smart.
(c) They were both half-orphans.
(d) They are cousins.
8. Kostka reveals how he feels about Ludvik. What does Kostka call Ludvik?
(a) His mentor.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His adversary.
(d) His idol.
9. What kind of headstone marked the grave of Ludvik's mother?
(a) A black headstone.
(b) A white angel.
(c) She did not get a grave marker, they were so poor.
(d) A grey cross.
10. What is the narrator doing when part four begins?
11. While Kostka is farming in western Bohemia, there are sightings of a young girl nobody knows. What do the children think she is?
(a) A fairy.
(b) A vandal.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A gypsy.
12. What does the narrator of part five have for breakfast before meeting Helena?
(a) A hearty breakfast and a shot of vodka.
(b) Cocoa and two rolls.
(c) Coffee and toast.
(d) Potato pancakes.
13. After Ludvik's exile and return, Jaroslav asks Ludvik to join him where?
(a) At a dinner with his wife.
(b) At University for a class.
(c) At a meeting for the Party.
(d) At a rehearsal for the ensemble.
14. What music does Jaroslav compare to folk music?
15. Who is the narrator in part five?
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument is Jaroslav's favorite in his house, of all his possessions?
2. Who finally broke Lucie of her fear of physical intimacy?
3. What was the narrator of part five doing just before the narration begins?
4. What is Jaroslav particularly fond of, as he details in part four?
5. Why does Ludvik want to have an affair with Helena?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)