Short Answer Key
Part One: Ludvik
1. What is the name of the narrator of the first section of the novel?
2. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
3. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator claims his mission could have been completed in what city?
4. What is the name of the narrator's hometown?
5. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
He finds it unsightly.
6. Where does the narrator go after he leaves the town square?
7. What is the state of Ludvik's hotel room?
Sparse; not exactly attractive.
8. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
They are a man and a woman.
9. Ludvik decides to...
This section contains 2,586 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)