|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven: Ludvik, Jaroslav, Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the part two?
2. How many boys were in the game from Lucie's childhood?
3. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
(a) He finds it charming.
(b) He finds it beautiful.
(c) He finds it changed from his memory.
(d) He finds it unsightly.
4. What happened in 1956 and how did it affect Helena and Zemanek?
(a) Stalin's crimes came out, but Helena remained loyal.
(b) Stalin's crimes came out, but Pavel remained loyal.
(c) Stalin became a hero but Helena didn't like him.
(d) Stalin became a hero but Pavel didn't like him.
5. What does Kostka decide to do when he resigns from University?
(a) Become a journalist.
(b) Work at a mine.
(c) Work at a state farm.
(d) Take a year off.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the narrator of part five doing just before the narration begins?
2. What does Ludvik want to do at the very beginning of part seven?
3. Where is the man Ludvik asks for at the booth at the gate of the hospital?
4. Ludvik asks Kostka for a recommendation for what service?
5. How far back does Jaroslav trace his beloved music back in history? Where do the musical roots begin?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)