|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Seven: Ludvik, Jaroslav, Helena.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lucie caught stealing before she left Ostrava?
(a) Flowers from a graveyard.
(b) Milk from a shepherd.
(c) Clothes from a laundry.
(d) Food from children.
2. What is the name of the narrator's hometown?
3. What was Helena doing at the age of eighteen?
(b) Raising her child.
(d) In the gallows.
4. How far back does Jaroslav trace his beloved music back in history? Where do the musical roots begin?
(a) Genghis Kahn's armies.
(b) The Hungarians.
(c) Egyptian Pyramid culture.
(d) Ancient Greece.
5. What does Helena's co-workers say about her at work?
(a) She is too laid back.
(b) She doesn't do a good job.
(c) She isn't loyal enough.
(d) She is a fanatic and a Party bloodhound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jaroslav states, "It's not your __________ that condemn you to to solitude, it's your __________."
2. After a disappointing leave in pursuit of the infamous 'Candlestick,' Ludvik decides the same weekend as Stana's wedding to go off on his own. Who does Ludvik meet this weekend?
3. According to Ludvik, what is the one good feature about newspapers?
4. Who looks after Lucie after she starts at the state-farm?
5. Why did Lucie spend time with the gang from her childhood?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)