|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Kostka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Moravia reminds the narrator of what city?
2. Zemanek and Helena were together for nearly two years when what happened?
(a) Helena became pregnant.
(b) Zemanek was called before a committee and kept out of Helena's way.
(c) Helena was called before a committee and kept out of Zemanek's way.
(d) Zemanek asked her to marry him.
3. What kind of headstone marked the grave of Ludvik's mother?
(a) She did not get a grave marker, they were so poor.
(b) A black headstone.
(c) A white angel.
(d) A grey cross.
4. Who finally broke Lucie of her fear of physical intimacy?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in 1956 and how did it affect Helena and Zemanek?
2. How does Ludvik feel about the differences between himself and Kostka?
3. Ludvik and Kostka sit in Kostka's flat before he has to go back to the hospital and chat over what?
4. Why does Ludvik want to have an affair with Helena?
5. What happened to Zemanek and Helena after the demonstration in Old Town Square?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)