|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Kostka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ludvik decides to leave his hotel shortly after arriving for the first time. What does he want to do?
(a) Ask an acquaintance for a discreet favor.
(b) Obtain something to eat.
(c) Buy a new suit.
(d) Send a letter at the post office.
2. What organ does Helena have trouble with, under the slightest bit of exertion?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her brain.
(d) Her lungs.
3. The only person Lucie related her past to is Kostka. Who is the only person Kostka told?
(d) The director of the state-farm.
4. As a student, where did Ludvik hold an important post?
(a) League of University Students.
(b) Sect of Young Marxists.
(c) Justice of Collegiate Students.
(d) Society of Students.
5. The day following their one-day reunion, Ludvik phones Marketa. What happens?
(a) Marketa makes a date with him that weekend.
(b) Marketa makes a date with him that night.
(c) A stranger tells Ludvik that Marketa moved to Bratislava.
(d) A stranger tells Ludvik that Marketa moved to Prague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion alarms the narrator of part five just before meeting Helena?
2. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
3. When Zemanek spoke out against Ludvik in his hearing about the postcard, he quotes one person at length. Who is it?
4. What is Helena doing the evening of the beginning of part two?
5. In what state is Helena when she finally leaves Kostka's flat a few minutes before seven?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)