|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Kostka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Kostka's child when he was made to decide his stance on religion in the Party?
(a) One year old.
(b) Five years old.
(c) Three years old.
(d) Ten years old.
2. Why is Helena going to Moravia?
(a) She made up a reason to get away from Ludvik.
(b) She made up a reason to get closer to Ludvik.
(c) To do a feature on the gallows.
(d) To do a feature on the Ride of the Kings.
3. Helena believes that there is no split between what?
(a) Church and state.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Public and private selves.
(d) Politics and morals.
4. Zemanek and Helena were together for nearly two years when what happened?
(a) Helena became pregnant.
(b) Zemanek was called before a committee and kept out of Helena's way.
(c) Zemanek asked her to marry him.
(d) Helena was called before a committee and kept out of Zemanek's way.
5. What does Helena claim she is looking for?
(a) A new political party.
(b) New dreams.
(c) New ideals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zemanek say to Helena in the heat of an argument when their daughter was five?
2. Who teaches Lucie about Christianity?
3. After a separation in which Marketa fares far better than Ludvik, he sends her something to hurt her. What is it that he sends Marketa?
4. Where do Ludvik and Helena have lunch after she arrives in Moravia?
5. Though Ludvik claims to not be a big lover of poetry, he carried three books of poetry with him. Who was the poet that authored these books?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)