|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Kostka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What helped spread the resurgence of folk music in Jaroslav's university years?
2. Ludvik asks Kostka for a recommendation for what service?
(a) A store that sells liquor.
(b) A decent dinner.
(c) A shave.
(d) Entertainment for the evening.
3. What does the narrator of part five have for breakfast before meeting Helena?
(a) Coffee and toast.
(b) Cocoa and two rolls.
(c) Potato pancakes.
(d) A hearty breakfast and a shot of vodka.
4. On what condition is Lucie allowed to stay in western Bohemia?
(a) She must work at the state-farm.
(b) She must work in the barber shop, giving shaves.
(c) She must work in the prison, doing laundry.
(d) She must work in a restaurant, serving food.
5. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
(a) Ludvik asks Kostka to lend him some clothes.
(b) Ludvik asks Kostka to use his flat.
(c) Ludvik asks Kostka to get him a job.
(d) Ludvik asks Kostka to buy him dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened in 1956 and how did it affect Helena and Zemanek?
2. Why does Ludvik want to have an affair with Helena?
3. What is Jaroslav particularly fond of, as he details in part four?
4. How does Ludvik find Kostka's flat?
5. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)