|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Six: Kostka.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Marketa sent, at the end of her first year at university?
(a) A two-week Party training session.
(b) A two-year trip to study plants.
(c) Italy for a week to scout for new leadership.
(d) A month in Paris to study Marxism.
2. Where did Zemanek go at the beginning of part two?
3. What organ does Helena have trouble with, under the slightest bit of exertion?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her lungs.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her brain.
4. Though Ludvik claims to not be a big lover of poetry, he carried three books of poetry with him. Who was the poet that authored these books?
(a) Frantisek Halas.
(b) Pavel Zajicek.
(c) Andre Brenton.
(d) MIlan Rufus.
5. How is the local hospital in Moravia set up?
(a) Two identical towers facing each other.
(b) One large building of concrete.
(c) A complex of buildings spread out.
(d) A small, sad shack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did Kostka meet Ludvik?
2. Ludvik sees an old friend at the simulated baptism. What is the old friend's name?
3. Who discovered where the unknown girl was spending her nights?
4. How did Jaroslav meet his future wife?
5. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator claims his mission could have been completed in what city?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)