|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Zemanek say to Helena in the heat of an argument when their daughter was five?
(a) Everyone loves in different ways.
(b) They married out of Party discipline.
(c) He was sorry they were fighting and he loves her.
(d) That he believed Zdena wasn't his daughter.
2. Helena believes that there is no split between what?
(a) Public and private selves.
(b) Church and state.
(c) Husband and wife.
(d) Politics and morals.
3. Who is the narrator of the part two?
4. Zemanek and Helena were together for nearly two years when what happened?
(a) Helena was called before a committee and kept out of Zemanek's way.
(b) Zemanek was called before a committee and kept out of Helena's way.
(c) Helena became pregnant.
(d) Zemanek asked her to marry him.
5. What does Zemanek do at university?
(a) Lecture on math.
(b) Lecture on Marxism.
(c) Lecture on history.
(d) Lecture on Stalin.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a disappointing leave in pursuit of the infamous 'Candlestick,' Ludvik decides the same weekend as Stana's wedding to go off on his own. Who does Ludvik meet this weekend?
2. How did Helena meet Ludvik?
3. What floor does Kostka live on?
4. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator claims his mission could have been completed in what city?
5. How does Ludvik find Kostka's flat?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)