|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the last thing Ludvik said after leaving his meeting with the board?
(a) "Honor to labor."
(b) "Honor to justice."
(c) "Justice to people."
(d) "People for labor."
2. When did Helena realize she was in love with Zemanek?
(a) While visiting Italy with their ensemble.
(b) At a meeting for the Youth League.
(c) After they married.
(d) On the anniversary of the Liberation in Old Town Square.
3. After a disappointing leave in pursuit of the infamous 'Candlestick,' Ludvik decides the same weekend as Stana's wedding to go off on his own. Who does Ludvik meet this weekend?
(c) Candlestick, again.
4. Who is the narrator of the part two?
5. Zemanek and Helena were together for nearly two years when what happened?
(a) Helena became pregnant.
(b) Zemanek was called before a committee and kept out of Helena's way.
(c) Zemanek asked her to marry him.
(d) Helena was called before a committee and kept out of Zemanek's way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Zdena feel about Zemanek?
2. Ludvik decides to leave his hotel shortly after arriving for the first time. What does he want to do?
3. What organ does Helena have trouble with, under the slightest bit of exertion?
4. Ludvik asks Kostka for a recommendation for what service?
5. What is Helena doing the evening of the beginning of part two?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)