|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does Ludvik end up watching in his pursuit of the person he is following on his weekend alone?
(a) Court of Honor
(b) Labor and You: A Story of Honor
(c) The Honor of Labor
(d) In the Court of Labor.
2. How does Ludvik describe himself at university, in his second year?
(a) A man in love with one woman.
(b) A man at one with the regime.
(c) A man with one goal.
(d) A man of many faces.
3. What is the state of Ludvik's hotel room?
(a) Comfortable; a firm bed.
(b) Cosy; very well furnished.
(c) Welcoming; two chairs at the table.
(d) Sparse; not exactly attractive.
4. Helena believes that there is no split between what?
(a) Politics and morals.
(b) Church and state.
(c) Public and private selves.
(d) Husband and wife.
5. Ludvik and Kostka, just before Kostka returns to the hospital, come to an ideological impasse. How long ago were they in the same position?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Nine years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Zemanek give Helena, his most favorite possession, as a gesture of reconciliation?
2. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
3. What floor does Kostka live on?
4. How many empty chairs are at the barber where Ludvik goes to get a shave?
5. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)