|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Ludvik's first friend, or the person that sticks out most to him, in his group of black-insignias?
2. What does the narrator do at the beginning of part three?
(a) Go to the hospital.
(b) Meet a lover.
(c) Have dinner.
(d) Go wandering.
3. What is Helena doing the evening of the beginning of part two?
(a) Going to bed early.
(b) Cleaning her house until the dawn.
(c) Mending clothes all night.
(d) Staying up late to read.
4. Ludvik, as the woman giving him a shave soaps his face, slips into what?
(a) A fantasy.
(b) A lie.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A nap.
5. What was the last thing Ludvik said after leaving his meeting with the board?
(a) "Honor to justice."
(b) "Justice to people."
(c) "People for labor."
(d) "Honor to labor."
Short Answer Questions
1. The day following their one-day reunion, Ludvik phones Marketa. What happens?
2. Where does Kostka live?
3. Where do Helena and Ludvik go after running around the woods and Helena sings, "Oh brightly shines the sun in our garden..."?
4. What was Helena doing at the age of eighteen?
5. How does the narrator view the town square of his hometown after his long absence?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)