|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of her first year at university, Marketa is sent away by who?
(a) The Comrades.
(b) Her parents.
(d) Her professor.
2. How did Helena meet Zemanek?
(a) In class at University.
(b) At the Fucik Song and Dance Ensemble.
(c) On St. John's Bridge.
(d) In Old Town Square.
3. What does Helena's co-workers say about her at work?
(a) She is a fanatic and a Party bloodhound.
(b) She doesn't do a good job.
(c) She isn't loyal enough.
(d) She is too laid back.
4. Helena believes that there is no split between what?
(a) Church and state.
(b) Husband and wife.
(c) Public and private selves.
(d) Politics and morals.
5. How long did the wedding festivities last between Zemanek and Helena?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Twenty-four hours.
(c) Ten hours.
(d) Two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Helena believe her co-workers started disliking her?
2. After the woman giving Ludvik finishes soaping his face and gets up to retrieve the razor, Ludvick wants to look at her and realizes what?
3. Ludvik and Kostka, just before Kostka returns to the hospital, come to an ideological impasse. How long ago were they in the same position?
4. What floor does Kostka live on?
5. How much money does Ludvik pull out of his pocket to pay the woman for his shave?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)