|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
(a) They are a small family of three.
(b) It is an old man traveling alone, talking to himself.
(c) They are a large family of five.
(d) They are a man and a woman.
2. How does Ludvik describe himself at university, in his second year?
(a) A man in love with one woman.
(b) A man at one with the regime.
(c) A man with one goal.
(d) A man of many faces.
3. Ludvik and Kostka sit in Kostka's flat before he has to go back to the hospital and chat over what?
4. What is Helena doing the evening of the beginning of part two?
(a) Staying up late to read.
(b) Going to bed early.
(c) Cleaning her house until the dawn.
(d) Mending clothes all night.
5. What is the name of the man Ludvik asks for at the booth at the gate of the hospital?
(a) Dr. Zemanek.
(b) Dr. Kostka.
(c) Dr. Lucie
(d) Dr. Klara
Short Answer Questions
1. How many empty chairs are at the barber where Ludvik goes to get a shave?
2. When Ludvik sits down to have a shave, what does he do?
3. As the woman cleans Ludvik's face with a towel, what does Ludvik pretend?
4. Where was Ludvik summoned the day after he returned to his post at University in his third year?
5. When did Helena move to Prague?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)