|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ludvik and Kostka sit in Kostka's flat before he has to go back to the hospital and chat over what?
2. What is the state of Ludvik's hotel room?
(a) Comfortable; a firm bed.
(b) Sparse; not exactly attractive.
(c) Welcoming; two chairs at the table.
(d) Cosy; very well furnished.
3. What favor does Ludvik ask of Kostka?
(a) Ludvik asks Kostka to buy him dinner.
(b) Ludvik asks Kostka to lend him some clothes.
(c) Ludvik asks Kostka to get him a job.
(d) Ludvik asks Kostka to use his flat.
4. What did Zemanek start after Togliatti spoke in Old Town Square?
(a) Fifty thousand people singing in Italian.
(b) Fifty thousand people screaming a slogan.
(c) A fight that crushed a girl he was dating.
(d) A fight that turned into a riot.
5. Moravia reminds the narrator of what city?
Short Answer Questions
1. Helena claims she would do anything to save her marriage. Why?
2. Ludvik overhears his neighbors in the hotel as soon as he is settled in. What does he learn about the neighbors?
3. At the beginning of the novel, how long has the narrator been away from his home?
4. How does Zdena feel about Zemanek?
5. What was Helena doing at the age of eighteen?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)