|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Helena believe her co-workers started disliking her?
(a) Helena was having multiple affairs and misleading the Party.
(b) Helena was having an affair and misled the Party.
(c) Two co-workers were having an affair and Helena took their side.
(d) Two co-workers were having an affair and Helena took a stand against it.
2. What movie does Ludvik end up watching in his pursuit of the person he is following on his weekend alone?
(a) Labor and You: A Story of Honor
(b) Court of Honor
(c) The Honor of Labor
(d) In the Court of Labor.
3. What does the river in Moravia look like?
(a) It has dried up completely.
(b) Viscous clay.
(c) Crystal clear water.
(d) It is full of fish.
4. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator claims his mission could have been completed in what city?
5. According to Ludvik, what kind of woman is Marketa?
(a) She separates work and home really well.
(b) She can't settle down.
(c) She is always joking around.
(d) She takes everything seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Helena doing the evening of the beginning of part two?
2. The day following their one-day reunion, Ludvik phones Marketa. What happens?
3. Where does the narrator go after he leaves the town square?
4. Zemanek and Helena were together for nearly two years when what happened?
5. What did Zemanek start after Togliatti spoke in Old Town Square?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)