|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: Ludvik.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the narrator of the first section of the novel?
2. Once Ludvik lost the rights to his University studies he expected to be notified of what compulsory service?
3. The day following their one-day reunion, Ludvik phones Marketa. What happens?
(a) A stranger tells Ludvik that Marketa moved to Prague.
(b) Marketa makes a date with him that weekend.
(c) Marketa makes a date with him that night.
(d) A stranger tells Ludvik that Marketa moved to Bratislava.
4. Where is Marketa sent, at the end of her first year at university?
(a) Italy for a week to scout for new leadership.
(b) A two-year trip to study plants.
(c) A two-week Party training session.
(d) A month in Paris to study Marxism.
5. How does Ludvik find Kostka's flat?
(a) It is overly lavish.
(b) It is sparse.
(c) It is very attractive.
(d) It is dingy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of the novel, the narrator claims his mission could have been completed in what city?
2. How much money does Ludvik pull out of his pocket to pay the woman for his shave?
3. Why is Helena going to Moravia?
4. How did Helena meet Ludvik?
5. What does Helena claim she is looking for?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)